This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
    Just booked ryanair flights from 11th to 15th.
    Haven't a breeze what I am meant to do next? Prior to turning up at the airport.
    keep an eye on your emails and follow the instructions , pain in the hole TBH, would you like a car? no go fuck your self Im getting the train! Would you like a samsonite lovely suitcase? GTFO I have a backpack! Would you like to pick your very own seat by the window? no ill sit anywhere so fuck off!! bla bla. Its like a competition looking for the little check box to decline. shower of fuckS!
    Her sky-ness
    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
      dont let the dog lie up on the fire like that. she'll get singed or even badly burnt if a bit of coal or a stick falls out on her. put up a sparkguard and let her lie on the floor in front of the fire - and she should be thankful that you even let her lie there!
      I have a fire guard up. well imo if she gets sparked she wont do it a second time lol, so far so good . although I have had to pull a few lumps of coal from her mouth that she takes from the scuttle and her ears go all black as they fall into as she is pulling out the coal. thank fuck for baby wipes!
      Her sky-ness
      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
        I bet Strewlpeter is currently hating the oversized, impractical fireplace companion set!.
        He's all irritable from having too much wheat in his diet.

Comment

sorry satnav...i see the fireguard now on closer inspection

Comment

Kinda depressing that Tiger hadn't the bottle to go for that green.
            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
              keep an eye on your emails and follow the instructions , pain in the hole TBH, would you like a car? no go fuck your self Im getting the train! Would you like a samsonite lovely suitcase? GTFO I have a backpack! Would you like to pick your very own seat by the window? no ill sit anywhere so fuck off!! bla bla. Its like a competition looking for the little check box to decline. shower of fuckS!
              Exactly what I just had to do. Website looks like it was built in the 1800's.
              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Exactly what I just had to do. Website looks like it was built in the 1800's.
                oh he is a cute hoor!!

Her sky-ness
                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                  Kinda depressing that Tiger hadn't the bottle to go for that green.
                  What a second shot.

Comment

This is fucking great stuff.

Comment

watching the golf,young falla walks in and says "wonder if tiger gets embarrassed when the crowd shout get in the hole"and walks out again...smart fucker
                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Anyone here smoke Golden Virginia tobacco? I have 8 50 gramme packets for sale for 80 quid!
                        Her sky-ness
                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                          Fund accounting is drop dead boring, but quite well paid and grand opportunities for advancement if you get your accounting qualification. The problem is that the advancement consists of doing other boring work. But it employs a lot of people and you should have minimal problem finding a good job.

Other standard roles that you might be considering:

Bad areas:

- trading: essentially in its dying throes. There's a lot of highly qualified traders looking for work as the industry has out-complexed itself except at the margins and broadly needs computers to do the main work

- fund management: this would be nearly impossible to get into without a top-level Masters as its such a high demand industry.

- stock broking: nothing there, hopefully soon extinct.

- corporate banking: very restricted. They'd be essentially looking you up to see if you have the right background, been to the correct golf clubs, pfft, and most of the good jobs are in London

- banking: essentially a closed shop now with unions desperately trying to keep whatever workers are left in. Although there are a few graduate schemes still operating.

- fadish areas like 'green finance' or 'Islamic finance': these pop up all the time, but never really take off, except for a few years, as they never seem to translate into all that much profits.

So that leaves a few potentially interesting areas:

- finance in a firm: which your TippCoop work might translate into, but probably not as they're most likely stuck in an ancient mindset of having the junior guy photocopy documents for the first ten years 'to ease them in'. But there's a lot of work in this area, as every decent size firm needs a decent size finance department. Doing the accounting qualification would help you advance in these roles, but a lot of it is about getting the experience. Some great opportunities if you were to land in the right growth firm.

- finance in a multinational: this is where the money is at and offers the best potential for an interesting finance career (I'm excluding international banks and fund managers from this list; only 'real' businesses). The likes of Microsoft, Google, Xeroz etc have very serious finance bases here doing proper stuff. Excellent experience, usually great working environment, good promotion opportunities. Could do ACCA, but I'd say you'd be better doing a professional finance qualification; particularly FRM. Hugely respected qualification by the yanks and internationally recognised. Would be particularly useful for a finance job in a multinational.

- technology of finance: big growth area. essentially helping to develop the systems that manage the current complexity of finance. I'd say you'd need to do a Masters in finance technology to get into this, but you are talking about the world being your oyster if you get recognised in this area.
                          Great read thanks.
                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                            Anyone here smoke Golden Virginia tobacco? I have 8 50 gramme packets for sale for 80 quid!
                            done

Comment

Martin's having some mare of a session!

Comment

Did Kaymer collect 10 Kelloggs tokens or something?

So off the pace!

Comment

Is it good? It looks like liquid gold!
                                  Yeah I like it. Just getting into it though!

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                  move up levels. posting a pic of anything less than an XO should be a banning, or a paddling, or be forced to read half of the dietary posts from earlier, just some punishment really.
                                  Gotta crawl before I can walk! Want to appreciate them as I move up, and afaik XO are usually €100 min?

Comment

Charlie Bird is a weird dude. Why am I not watching the golf?

Comment

Originally posted by bantee View Post
                                      Martin's having some mare of a session!
                                      Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                      Did Kaymer collect 10 Kelloggs tokens or something?

So off the pace!
                                      Must be so heart breaking to be off your game on this stage.

Comment

Monty is giving tiger some grief on the commentary box.

SPOILER

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

The Ryder Cup 2012 app is fucking horrendous.

The Masters app was pure excellence, was looking forward to a similar app for the Ryder Cup, how did they make such a bollix of it.

edit, Wow Tiger.

Comment

What a shot by Woods after Strickers mess up!

edit, nice response from Westwood!

Comment

wow tiger

again

Comment

Holy fucking shitballs Tiger

talk about clutch, WOW

Comment

Stricker hit a 6 iron 15 yards short of the flag into the water, Tiger stitches the flag with an 8 iron. Fuck yeah

Comment

Stricker hit a 6 iron 15 yards short of the flag into the water, Tiger stitches the flag with an 8 iron. Fuck yeah
                                                      Would crush him if he misses it for a win though.
                                                      Scratch for the half!

Comment

Colsaerts.

God

Comment

Drugs test for Nickolas?

Comment

nicolas colsaerts

Comment

This match is just pure entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by D3kka View Post
                                                                nicolas colsaerts
                                                                It will be a travesty if he doesn't get his 1st RC point from this performance.

Comment

Lol at the tree-assist for Westwood.

Comment

hide Kaymer and Westwood till the singles imo.

(Try and get a replacement for Kaymer tbh, or else put him out against Bradley as fodder)

Comment

Lawrie & Hansen don't instill confidence either

This RC is missing a bit of Paudie

Comment

Originally posted by bantee View Post
                                                                        Lawrie & Hansen don't instill confidence either

:
                                                                        Nobody would've stopped Bubba and Webb Simpson earlier.

Comment

Start of the biggest sporting day of the year. It's going to be a whopper session.

And it's not the Ryder cup.
                                                                          Last edited by max_power; 28-09-12, 23:10.

Comment

Nobody would've stopped Bubba and Webb Simpson earlier.
                                                                            Feckin missed some of it earlier, but heard they were brilliant by all accounts. USA have serious confidence now though

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post
                                                                              Start of the biggest sporting day of the year. It's going to be a whopper session.

And it's not the Ryder cup.
                                                                              College Lawn, Prahran?

Ya'd have to!
                                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

phew

Comment

ha!
                                                                                  "there's no tools you can use, you just have to use what's in your pants".

Comment

What a fucking great opening day.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                      ha!
                                                                                      "there's no tools you can use, you just have to use what's in your pants".
                                                                                      "I can read scoreboards too you know!"

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                        College Lawn, Prahran?

Ya'd have to!
                                                                                        Probably not, going to have a party here I think. I have met the wife beating cokehead but well respected Wayne Carey up there.

Just something special about it and the runup which makes it impossible to not get excited for it. Like the superbowl crossed with the all Ireland but more people care about it amongst the public.

Comment

quote of the RC

'you gotta go with what you have in your pants' -Nicolas Colsaerts quote of the Ryder Cup

Comment

when do they announce the teams for the morning ?

Comment

Finished work at 7.30 this morning, went to the doctor for some blood work etc, told her about a slight numbness i was getting in my left hand the last few months, tell her i googled it and seems to me like its a nerve or something but the fact it comes on with excercise had me just a tad concerned.

20 mins later i am sitting in A&E just a tad confused.

Poking and prodding and @ 15.30, i am sure they forgot about me, was finished all tests, x-rays, bloods, ECG @ 10.30 they tell me fit as a horse (cardiac wise) and it seems like carpel tunnel.

Self diagnosis

Yes, I know why she sent me and was glad all came back ok.
                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Just booked ryanair flights from 11th to 15th.
                                                                                                Haven't a breeze what I am meant to do next? Prior to turning up at the airport.
                                                                                                dont mind satnav shes one of the stredd head aul ones i meet at airport
                                                                                                If you just have hand luggage print of boarding passes on their website (follow step by step) for both ways couple days before ya go. bring them, your luggage , and your passport to airport and ignore any other correspondence from them between now and then
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                  dont mind satnav shes one of the stredd head aul ones i meet at airport
                                                                                                  If you just have hand luggage print of boarding passes on their website (follow step by step) for both ways couple days before ya go. bring them, your luggage , and your passport to airport and ignore any other correspondence from them between now and then
                                                                                                  Great result last night dude, I'm only reading over the thread now, cracking score, wp

Comment

Just catching up with tonight's Jools, this struck me dead, these dude's still got the crazy harmony, this is pretty fucking awesome if I do say so myself....

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Great result last night dude, I'm only reading over the thread now, cracking score, wp
                                                                                                      Cheers it was pretty huge for me. I normally play the $2 -$5 games where the top prize is usually 1k max so that kind of score was just massive for me. My previous big score was $800 and $650 both on ipoker.
                                                                                                      Recently ive played a few sats for bigger games they are soft enough and ive mostly taken the tourney dollars. Sat ended after starting time so said right lets concentrate on getting a cash here and I was happy with that.
                                                                                                      To be honest i dont think its hit me yet im sure it will when $s hit the bank a/c. Its more than ill make at work in next couple of weeks!
                                                                                                      Cashing out ~$4k or 3k euro and leaving the rest for a bit of a roll. Gonna buy a new laptop and prob book a couple of days in england on beer with my mates with it.
                                                                                                      Last edited by eamonhonda; 29-09-12, 00:37.
                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Need something boring in the background while finish off some work, so obv the late late is the biz. Poor old Ryan. What is wrong with that man? Just the way he is talking to Charlie Bird. He's saying stuff like 'you had a good career Charlie, no really' wtf like, show a bit of commitment and enthusiasm; get the person to open up a bit, especially when they're so full of stories. Gay, or even Pat Kenny, would have used that interview to get some new insight into the person, but Ryan just sits there and lets the person drown. He did ask him if he consulted his kids before retiring, to which Charlie said 'my kids are 34 and 36, why would we ever have that conversation?' Thankfully the tv is finishing on Oct 24th as its analog.

/ i've tried to keep this post extra boring and pointless in homage to Tubs
                                                                                                        I went to secondary school with his Daughter, she was very smart; I remember her as always the first to grasp any new concept, and I think she was actually better at languages as well.

/random memory

Great read here: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...ockets_gm_ama/

Oh and I think keane asked was there a way to see if you had any replies to your posts, just go to this page

Where xxx is your username

Comment

Yeah, WP Eamon... Delighted for ya.. Great result! Was watching your table when you were CL about 400 out and you were playing great. Was hoping to see that you'd shipped a few quid when I woke up this morning and you certainly delivered! Nice one!

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                                                                            Yeah, WP Eamon... Delighted for ya.. Great result! Was watching your table when you were CL about 400 out and you were playing great. Was hoping to see that you'd shipped a few quid when I woke up this morning and you certainly delivered! Nice one!
                                                                                                            its nice when ya play well and ya dont get sucked out on and win a few flips. I did have my aces cracked deep enough but managed to recover
                                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

You should maybe trade in that Honda

Comment

Maybe ill just put 3k on black and the rest on zero?
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Congrats eamon, what did ya scoop?

Comment

Originally posted by JWillo1 View Post
                                                                                                                    Congrats eamon, what did ya scoop?
                                                                                                                    3rd in hot 44 on stars for 4.3k in from a 4.40 sat.
                                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

What's with the Tiger love a few pages back? He had an absolute mare today and made a song and dance about one decent putt he made on 17 when behind in the match.
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                        What's with the Tiger love a few pages back? He had an absolute mare today and made a song and dance about one decent putt he made on 17 when behind in the match.
                                                                                                                        Very true I love tiger for the simple fact that he was the greatest at his peak and provided some truly fantastic moments but he was muck today
                                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

This is great. Kasparov was pwned by a bug in Deep Blue. He got completely triple range merged by an accident.

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X