Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't been playing much cash lately but big hand from this morning.

edit: actually what hand converter are people using forposting hands here?

SPOILER

***** Hand History for Game 82653074256 ***** (Poker Stars)
    $5000.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Saturday, June 30, 06:38:22 ET 2012
    Table Dheneb III (Real Money)
    Seat 3 is the button
    Seat 1: ImWithSumo ( $5979.00 USD )
    Seat 2: danceofddead ( $15658.75 USD )
    Seat 3: 0Human0 ( $13185.00 USD )
    Seat 4: EireAbu ( $17452.50 USD )
    Seat 6: altiFC ( $12314.50 USD )
    EireAbu posts small blind [$25.00 USD].
    altiFC posts big blind [$50.00 USD].
    ImWithSumo posts ante of [$10.00 USD].
    danceofddead posts ante of [$10.00 USD].
    0Human0 posts ante of [$10.00 USD].
    EireAbu posts ante of [$10.00 USD].
    altiFC posts ante of [$10.00 USD].
    ** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to danceofddead [ Ac Jc ]
    ImWithSumo folds
    danceofddead raises [$200.00 USD]
    0Human0 folds
    EireAbu raises [$675.00 USD]
    altiFC folds
    danceofddead calls [$500.00 USD]
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ Kd, Jh, 8d ]
    EireAbu bets [$850.00 USD]
    danceofddead calls [$850.00 USD]
    ** Dealing Turn ** [ As ]
    EireAbu bets [$2350.00 USD]
    danceofddead calls [$2350.00 USD]
    ** Dealing River ** [ 4s ]
    EireAbu bets [$5650.00 USD]
    danceofddead calls [$5650.00 USD]
    EireAbu shows [Ah, 4h ]
    danceofddead shows [Ac, Jc ]
    danceofddead wins $19197.00 USD from main pot
    "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Line Us View Post
        Haven't been playing much cash lately but big hand from this morning.

edit: actually what hand converter are people using forposting hands here?

SPOILER

***** Hand History for Game 82653074256 ***** (Poker Stars)
        $5000.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Saturday, June 30, 06:38:22 ET 2012
        Table Dheneb III (Real Money)
        Seat 3 is the button
        Seat 1: ImWithSumo ( $5979.00 USD )
        Seat 2: danceofddead ( $15658.75 USD )
        Seat 3: 0Human0 ( $13185.00 USD )
        Seat 4: EireAbu ( $17452.50 USD )
        Seat 6: altiFC ( $12314.50 USD )
        EireAbu posts small blind [$25.00 USD].
        altiFC posts big blind [$50.00 USD].
        ImWithSumo posts ante of [$10.00 USD].
        danceofddead posts ante of [$10.00 USD].
        0Human0 posts ante of [$10.00 USD].
        EireAbu posts ante of [$10.00 USD].
        altiFC posts ante of [$10.00 USD].
        ** Dealing down cards **
        Dealt to danceofddead [ Ac Jc ]
        ImWithSumo folds
        danceofddead raises [$200.00 USD]
        0Human0 folds
        EireAbu raises [$675.00 USD]
        altiFC folds
        danceofddead calls [$500.00 USD]
        ** Dealing Flop ** [ Kd, Jh, 8d ]
        EireAbu bets [$850.00 USD]
        danceofddead calls [$850.00 USD]
        ** Dealing Turn ** [ As ]
        EireAbu bets [$2350.00 USD]
        danceofddead calls [$2350.00 USD]
        ** Dealing River ** [ 4s ]
        EireAbu bets [$5650.00 USD]
        danceofddead calls [$5650.00 USD]
        EireAbu shows [Ah, 4h ]
        danceofddead shows [Ac, Jc ]
        danceofddead wins $19197.00 USD from main pot
        Just using holdemmanager, has it built in.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
          Im supporting Icarus and his beliefs. He asked me to advertise it, he's the spokesperson for it
          Don't drag me into the sleazy Wexford transgender scene that you're so fond of.
          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
            You really do talk some shite.
            Lol, walk on. Kildare are mercenary. Massive respect for Doyle and Cavanagh but the rest of the team just bug me. The persecution complex might be part of it.

Also Meath and Dublin fans (actual ones, not the clowns who burned the Dublin flag or threw the coffee at Caffrey/Whelan in Parnell Park) have great respect for each other. I have family on both sides (Mam is Meath, Dad Dublin) and relations with all Ireland medals on both sides and there is fierce respect between the counties for the most part, Graham Geraghty excluded obv.
            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Comment

Anyone got a date for when Ulster Bank are supposed to be up and running again. I keep hearing the 'start of the week' every week

Comment

Anyone got a date for when Ulster Bank are supposed to be up and running again. I keep hearing the 'start of the week' every week
                  Start of the week

Comment

Diagf. Any serious answers

Comment

Looking forward to Donegal game now, hopefully it's a good exciting game with Donegal putting on a positive more attacking display but at the end of the day don't really care as long as they win.

Comment

I get my first look at donegal football this year and see if keane is talking shite or making sense
                        airport, lol

Comment

I think I'll start folding in live tourns when I know I am ahead on the flop, will prob be easier that way

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                            He played 35 seconds before being taken off and is now eligible to play tomorrow. I hope he crushes.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                He played 35 seconds before being taken off and is now eligible to play tomorrow. I hope he crushes.
                                As in plays well?

Comment

From SportsnewsIreland

4:18pm Seanie Johnston can now play for Kildare after starting for Coill Dubh, to make a total mockery out of he was taken off 40 seconds later and it was a hurling match.

Comment

if there is more than 20 points scored in this match and its not a boooooooring dull defensive affair I will forever hold my hand up as being wrong #puttingitontheline

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                      if there is more than 20 points scored in this match and its not a boooooooring dull defensive affair I will forever hold my hand up as being wrong #puttingitontheline
                                      Do you want a bet for interest?

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                        Do you want a bet for interest?
                                        decent odds?

Comment

decent odds?
                                          Nice point there now!!

Just a bet at evens, you make a line on the over/under for points scored (inc goals)

Comment

decent odds?
                                            i did offer ya 3/1 on here after the derry game you never replied!

Comment

Nice point there now!!

Just a bet at evens, you make a line on the over/under for points scored (inc goals)
                                              some great scores already! I'll bottle out of a bet there have been some unreal scores so swallowing humble pie will be enough

Originally posted by gillespie101 View Post
                                              i did offer ya 3/1 on here after the derry game you never replied!
                                              I honestly never seen it - kinda glad I didnt because I would have taken it and been under pressure already

Comment

Bubbleking confirmed busto

Comment

Am I reading the score right for the Limerick v Antrim hurling game today?

8-26 to 1-14 for Limerick?

I cant remember last time I heard of 8 goals scored for a team in a championship game.

Fingers crossed Limerick can cause an upset through the back door, they have a few talented young players coming through and one of them was still on the bench today recovering from injury..

Comment

Laurent Blanc apparently resigned as French manager.

Opr

Comment

super defending from Tyrone there

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                        super defending from Tyrone there
                                                        yeah, nowhere for Donegal to go there at all, but a few sloppy passes from Donegal there too, very tight match so far. Won't be much in it, luckily a lot of poor wides from Tyrone so far keeping the scores level. BK, your probably sorry now you didn't put on the bet!!

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                          Laurent Blanc apparently resigned as French manager.

Opr

Spurs?

Comment

Originally posted by RBBlogger View Post
                                                            Am I reading the score right for the Limerick v Antrim hurling game today?

8-26 to 1-14 for Limerick?

I cant remember last time I heard of 8 goals scored for a team in a championship game.

Fingers crossed Limerick can cause an upset through the back door, they have a few talented young players coming through and one of them was still on the bench today recovering from injury..
                                                            Not recall last years munster final. Ok 7 goals but still same thing is it not.
                                                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Don't think Mulligan is ideal for today's game.

Comment

now the cynical fouling in midfield is rampant, ruins football

Comment

Originally posted by RBBlogger View Post
                                                                  Cork scored 10 v Laois last season in a qualifer

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                    now the cynical fouling in midfield is rampant, ruins football
                                                                    the way to score against Tyrone/Donegal is to hit them on the break if you foul in midfield it lets 12 men get behind the ball. puke football

Comment

on the plus side some of the score taking has been top drawer. the upside to playing like this is that most shots have to come from outside the 45

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                                        Spurs?
                                                                        Yeah first thing that came to mind when I heard the news but from having a read around it seems most believe AVB with be announced on Mon/Tue. Also looks quite likely at this stage that they've signed Gylfi. Don't worry though as Liverpool are linked with Mark Davies as an alternative target if we miss out

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                          Yeah first thing that came to mind when I heard the news but from having a read around it seems most believe AVB with be announced on Mon/Tue. Also looks quite likely at this stage that they've signed Gylfi. Don't worry though as Liverpool are linked with Mark Davies as an alternative target if we miss out

Opr
                                                                          It was said that we had better options available.
                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                            Greater than Ali anyway imo & best of what I've seen but I'm far from an expert. What's your top 3?
                                                                            Not a chance he is greater than Ali, not even the greatest of his era Lewis and to a certain extent holyfield both better than him.

Very hard to pick an all time top three, but my fav boxers of all time in no particular order are:

Lewis, Ali, Roberto Duran, Barrera, Pacman, mayweather jr and Sugar Ray with honourable mentions for Collins, Hatton and Calzaghe for purely nostalgic reasons.

Comment

18 points scored 10 mins left....

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                Seriously dislike the idea of Seanie being allowed to transfer over to Kildare but its not like it's the first time. Brian Murphy did the same thing in the 1990s to get Kildare past Meath.

For all the rivalries Dublin actually have Kildare are bottom of the list re: respect for the team itself. Kerry are top (along with their fans- true class on and off the field) followed by Meath but I have never ever liked Kildare.

Gaelic football is supposed to be about pride in where you're from which, in this instance, is not Kildare.
                                                                                Lmao never had you down for full blown talking through your arse hypocrisy
                                                                                Asides from the general load of inane claptrap that is I assume we will hear no more from you on the subject of Dublin hurling

In the meantime why don't you stick it up your gash as you join Lloyd and opr in the sin bin of ridonkulous sports posts
                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                  Cork scored 10 v Laois last season in a qualifer
                                                                                  I suppose it shows how blinkered I am to GAA. If Limerick not involved I don't go out of my way to watch other games. I must really sort out an Irish proxy to rectify this as I would always watch the matches on TV back in Ireland...

Comment

Jaysus this football is hard to watch. You'd need 3 refs to catch all the fouls.
                                                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Say what you like but watching Mickey Harte on the sideline makes all the outrage over sporting issues seem very fucking shallow.
                                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                        Jaysus this football is hard to watch. You'd need 3 refs to catch all the fouls.
                                                                                        It is horrible to watch. Donegal will be hard to beat...if they play Cork it will be similar to watching the world arm-wrestling c/ships.
                                                                                        "Ne jamais perdre sa passsionne...ou s'en, éloigner vite!!!!..EC

Comment

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK KKKKKKk

sigh guess I was wrong 21st point scored 2 minutes into injury time

Comment

22 points BK!!!

Great save from Durkan at the end to send us through, exciting finish as well. Well done Donegal, done what they needed to do today, though they were the better team for sure. Delighted

Comment

22 points BK!!!

Great save from Durkan at the end to send us through, exciting finish as well. Well done Donegal, done what they needed to do today, though they were the better team for sure. Delighted
                                                                                              was a good save thought they got a bit carried away with it tho had he let that in i would have had him at fault.

BK - pity ya didnt take the 3/1 would have been a nice sweat towards the end.

Comment

Donegal = Spain.

Comment

Surprised that MOTM award didnt turnup 2weeks later

Comment

Reminder that Irish Derby is Saturday evening this year.
                                                                                                    Programme kicking off on RTE2 now, big race at 7.30.

edit : RTE racing using the UEFA tunnel song

Comment

Names list so far for the Big One WSOP Event.

Comment

I downloaded Civilisation last night after reading about that guy with the endless war. Here's a summary of the game I played, it's a bit long so I put it in spoilers

SPOILER
                                                                                                        I used to love Civilisation, and I knew after reading this it was only a matter of time before I cracked and downloaded it. The worst thing about Civilisation is that you have this idea, like you want to try and conquer the world without firing a shot, or like last night, I wanted to play peacefully as the Germans, keeping friendly with everyone until I could start rolling out the Panzers. It then takes hours and hours to actually play the game, and soon as you finish you want to start again.
                                                                                                        It was all going exactly to plan, by about 1600AD I was firm allies with every other major power. I had the biggest economy and my culture was vastly superior to everyone elses. I discovered gunpowder (saltpeter) and was slowly increasing my military capacity without anyone noticing. My government style was that of a Republic, unchanged since almost the very beginning of my Civilisation. My citizens were free and productive.
                                                                                                        But then I ran into a snag. I had no access to Oil. There was none to be had on any of my lands, and the only source I could see was right beside the most powerful force in the game, the Russians. Without Oil you can't build any of the elements of a modern war force. I tried everything to get him to share it with me, bribery, trade, threats, nothing worked. So, instead of the fast rolling blitzkrieg that I had envisaged, what I got was a 200 year war of attrition fought by units that are primarily good at defence, not offence. Like the first world war, every inch of land was paid for in blood. Within a few years of it starting my open and pleasant Republic had been transformed into a brutal fascist state where cities only occupation was to provide the army with units to use in the war. At first I was capturing the enemy cities and involving them in the war effort, but after the third "pacified" city revolted and murdered some of my troops I began a scorched earth policy. This was one of the decisive factors in my victory, as it freed up a lot of my troops that would otherwise be used to crack down on dissent, and meant that the Russians had nothing to recapture. It also turns the enemy population permanently against you, meaning you are much less likely to come to a diplomatic outcome.
                                                                                                        The war dragged on so long, and was so all encompassing that by the time the Russians were all wiped out , my technological superiority had vanished. The other Powers had managed to stay out of the conflict and had raced ahead in almost every criteria. What they didn't have though, was their entire civilisation geared towards warfare, and a willingness to give everything for a final victory. I could never regain the time I had lost, and I also realised that I didn't have very long before the technological gap got too far for me to bridge. So 1950 in this world saw the strange site of the worlds only true superpower launching a world wide assault on the three remaining powers, Riflemen and Cavalry against infantrymen and Tanks. At first it went badly, i would lose about 5 units for everyone I destroyed. They couldn't match the effort my civilisation put in though, Fascism really is great for fighting an offensive war. Any time an attack failed I would immediately launch another one, and my enemies began to run out reserves, and then cities. It was incredibly slow process though, when I envisaged this game I didn't picture German Cavalry units being the bridgehead of my force in the year 1970!
                                                                                                        Then I got a stroke of luck, the English were down to a few cities and came to me pleading for a peace treaty. They offerered me replaceable parts, which was the last technology I needed to make tanks and aircraft. Every city I controlled switched immediately to the production of tanks. By 2000 there was columns of Heavy German Armour rolling in every direction. The great thing about tanks, is that they are not only strong, but very very fast. They can attack multiple times per go. So rather than a long and pitched battle at every city my tanks just rolled through the countryside, destroying as they went. By 2020 I had wiped every other power off the planet. I hadn't done exactly in the manner I had wanted to, but the Glorious Third Reich had been firmly established, and would be sure to last for at least 1000 years.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post

Is this not just the biggest dick measuring contest of the WSOP. why else would anyone bother paying 1m to enter a poker tourney

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                            I downloaded Civilisation last night after reading about that guy with the endless war. Here's a summary of the game I played, it's a bit long so I put it in spoilers

SPOILER
                                                                                                            I used to love Civilisation, and I knew after reading this it was only a matter of time before I cracked and downloaded it. The worst thing about Civilisation is that you have this idea, like you want to try and conquer the world without firing a shot, or like last night, I wanted to play peacefully as the Germans, keeping friendly with everyone until I could start rolling out the Panzers. It then takes hours and hours to actually play the game, and soon as you finish you want to start again.
                                                                                                            It was all going exactly to plan, by about 1600AD I was firm allies with every other major power. I had the biggest economy and my culture was vastly superior to everyone elses. I discovered gunpowder (saltpeter) and was slowly increasing my military capacity without anyone noticing. My government style was that of a Republic, unchanged since almost the very beginning of my Civilisation. My citizens were free and productive.
                                                                                                            But then I ran into a snag. I had no access to Oil. There was none to be had on any of my lands, and the only source I could see was right beside the most powerful force in the game, the Russians. Without Oil you can't build any of the elements of a modern war force. I tried everything to get him to share it with me, bribery, trade, threats, nothing worked. So, instead of the fast rolling blitzkrieg that I had envisaged, what I got was a 200 year war of attrition fought by units that are primarily good at defence, not offence. Like the first world war, every inch of land was paid for in blood. Within a few years of it starting my open and pleasant Republic had been transformed into a brutal fascist state where cities only occupation was to provide the army with units to use in the war. At first I was capturing the enemy cities and involving them in the war effort, but after the third "pacified" city revolted and murdered some of my troops I began a scorched earth policy. This was one of the decisive factors in my victory, as it freed up a lot of my troops that would otherwise be used to crack down on dissent, and meant that the Russians had nothing to recapture. It also turns the enemy population permanently against you, meaning you are much less likely to come to a diplomatic outcome.
                                                                                                            The war dragged on so long, and was so all encompassing that by the time the Russians were all wiped out , my technological superiority had vanished. The other Powers had managed to stay out of the conflict and had raced ahead in almost every criteria. What they didn't have though, was their entire civilisation geared towards warfare, and a willingness to give everything for a final victory. I could never regain the time I had lost, and I also realised that I didn't have very long before the technological gap got too far for me to bridge. So 1950 in this world saw the strange site of the worlds only true superpower launching a world wide assault on the three remaining powers, Riflemen and Cavalry against infantrymen and Tanks. At first it went badly, i would lose about 5 units for everyone I destroyed. They couldn't match the effort my civilisation put in though, Fascism really is great for fighting an offensive war. Any time an attack failed I would immediately launch another one, and my enemies began to run out reserves, and then cities. It was incredibly slow process though, when I envisaged this game I didn't picture German Cavalry units being the bridgehead of my force in the year 1970!
                                                                                                            Then I got a stroke of luck, the English were down to a few cities and came to me pleading for a peace treaty. They offerered me replaceable parts, which was the last technology I needed to make tanks and aircraft. Every city I controlled switched immediately to the production of tanks. By 2000 there was columns of Heavy German Armour rolling in every direction. The great thing about tanks, is that they are not only strong, but very very fast. They can attack multiple times per go. So rather than a long and pitched battle at every city my tanks just rolled through the countryside, destroying as they went. By 2020 I had wiped every other power off the planet. I hadn't done exactly in the manner I had wanted to, but the Glorious Third Reich had been firmly established, and would be sure to last for at least 1000 years.
                                                                                                            superb write up - looking forward to more if you have any more good games

Comment

Awesome Darragh, just awesome.
                                                                                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

They seem to have moved from definetly Monday to early next week.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                                                                                  I wonder what edge the players think they have in this? Seems like there are quite a few business men in it.

Comment

Man I used to love this game. Thanks for the report HJ.

Theres something even better about having to adjust to the particular game to win rather then having opponents so weak that you can win using your initial pregame plan. Were you playing AI opponents?

I'm not a big player of computer games but we used to play Freeciv in college on a unix network with a minimum of 8 players all in the one room. The game would start at 8pm and finish at 8am or so. The live factor really added to the intrigue and diplomacy.

You'd actually spend the week researching to prep for the game. Plus someone would always get badly fucked by a lack of resources at the start of the game but they wouldn't give up instead theyd knuckle down and spend 8 hours planning a hail Mary play to have an influence on the ultimate outcome ( generally not win but try to be a kingmaker or thwart someone else's ambitions).

If only we'd put money on the games as that would have made it perfect.

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

SPOILER

Comment

Rick Salomon playing aka the star of One night in Paris, that should make for some interesting table talk.

Comment

Haralabos Voulgaris gets an awesome seat draw in The Big One with Guy Laliberte and other business men. Oh, Tobias Reinkemeier is on it too.

Table of Death is; Vivek Rajkumar, Tom Marchese, Antonio Esfandiari, Nick Schulman, Ben Lamb , Brandon Steven, Phil Ivey and Erik Seidel.

All draws on http://www.bluffmagazine.com/

Comment

Lol at people who are going to be stuck on a plane for 12 hours rushing to get in a queue to spend an extra 40 minutes on it. I'm off for a cup of coffee.

HJ makes more want to play civ, I enjoyed it when it came out first.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X