This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
    Aren't their different schemes on stream now that succeed Jobsbridge (but are essentially the same thing)?

Not that I am aware of.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
      Kinda confused did you eat the chickens hole or ate the whole chicken ?
      Perhaps it was the parson's nose?

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
        Was fucking disgusted when I seen this. I despise the paddy power marketing team.
        Yeah he lasted so long without ever doing endorsements for companies even though I'm sure he got daily offers given the amount of followers he has but PP eventually broke him. They must have made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

I'd love to see the size of Paddy Powers yearly marketing budget, surely the biggest of any Irish company.
        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
          Digg sold for $500,000 while Google had a $200million offer turned down in 2008. Run bad I guess.

Linky
          That's not running bad it was pure stupidity to turn down both the money and the opportunity, they needed Google more than vice versa.
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
            report your company to Jobsbridge. This kind of nonsense is a clear exploitation of a scheme that wasn't thought out at all.

In fact, it is a beyond retarded scheme. Meddling with free market economics with utter retarded price floors and ceilings.
            On this, I completely agree. The protection of public sector pay agreements is the other side of this coin - natural supply and demand in the labour market would have us in a lot better shape when stuff like this is happening.
            My first job i worked in, many years ago was a similar scheme to this. There was about 10 of us got the job through FAS so we got our FAS wages and the company paid us €10 on top. Didn't know much about the workings of it, but was asked to do overtime a couple of weeks in. Did about 12 hours OT and was expecting a bumper paycheck and i remember exactly what i got. €4.50 extra on top. They paid me 1.5 times my hourly rate of 25cent. So i got 12 hours at 37.5c an hour. Needless to say, i wasn't too happy.

I countered this by taking 2 days off work next week meaning they only docked me €4 or something. It got sorted after a couple of weeks after i kept missing days and then the hourly rate was combined with the FAS wage and it was semi normal.

Every couple of months we had to sign a form that came from FAS which had their amount in 1 column, The companies amount (which was always left blank) and then somewhere for us to sign. I didn't rock the boat the first couple of times, but then i told them i wasn't going to sign until they filled in their amount first. I was met with some dirty looks, and received a verbal warning later for lates, followed by a 2nd verbal the next morning for being back late from my break. I didn't end up signing the form for that month, and i didn't get the option next time. Company was 100% screwing a lot of us out of money and making a little packet for themselves

Comment

We can all dream. If the company takes off and gets valued at a billion then this will be my first purchase I think

Buy Italian real estate and property for sale in Italy with Immobiliare Italiano your local Italian estate agent with the best home listings

Comment

So, started a new job last December and since I've been there a sound bloke from Ballyfermot has been working with HR looking after a lot of the admin side of it (getting forms filled, doing up letters from the company, administering the Travel to Work tickets, etc). I ran into him today and he told me that it was his last day. I asked where he was off to next, and he informed me that he was back on the scratcher. I was surprised and in the ensuing conversation it transpired that he had been there through FAS on one of the internship schemes that involve you keeping your dole and getting an extra €50 for working a full week.

Now, any dealings I had with him he seemed to be very polite and on the ball. And he confirmed the same today, that he had received nothing but positive feedback about his work. He would be finishing off an apprenticeship if the arse wasn't out of the economy, and took on the office gig in the hope that he might get taken on (I'd be delighted to work for minimum wage") if he impressed. 8 months later he was being funnelled out the door with no job offered, and his replacement had already started - also on an Intern scheme.

So, there is a job there however low skilled one may perceive it to be, but rather than hiring someone to do it the company just keep taking people on the dole for €50 a week and stringing them along for as long as they can before repeating the process.

How is this positive? It's smart business by the company, sure - but the individual is being taken advantage of and the tax payer is not benefiting. To say that this lad was crestfallen is the understatement to end all understatements. Came in, did what he was asked to do well and ends up with nothing to show for it. Quite enraging to see a decent lad get used in such a way.

EDIT: To top it off, the guy congratulated me on something after telling me his story - all class. The shite pumped out there by media and sections of society about how people on the dole are lazy or frauds is infuriating - the vast majority are decent sorts down on their luck through forces outside their own control.
                Thats obviously abusing the system, which in my opinion is pretty stupid but I will say two of my good mates have got decent jobs through it. So there is some merit to it but it's to open to be easily abused.

Comment

A great spot. When I want to go for a long walk I go there. I walk from citywest and do two loops of the park and back. On the shitty days it's just me and the fishermen and on the good days it's got quite a few families running around but it's never too busy. A great underused resource on Dublins doorstep.

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                  Never knew there was a big ass park in Clondalkin with a free petting farm called Corkagh Park, my mate is trying to keep the kids occupied on their holidays so we took a spin up to it.

Pretty cool to just wander around, they let the chickens & turkey roam around funny watching the kids freak out when the turkey went anywhere near them

Remember Marsden posting the other day that it cost him a fortune to bring his family to the zoo, obviously it's not up to that level but if you want to bring your kids somewhere for a couple hours and not set you back mucho €€€ it's certainly an option with also a playground close by for when you're finished.
                  Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                  It also has a baseball diamond and a weird cycling track yoke. Nice for a stroll of an evening. Live 10 mins walk away. Also loads of rabbits live in the green space outside the camping place.
                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

The vast majority of jobbidges appear to be abused/nonsense. Shame.
                    Might end up doing one at some point regardless.

If I do I may write a blog about what a great big load of bollox it is, if it is. Can't.not.wait.
                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Not many people can say they spent a portion of their day sitting at a talk right above Hitlers Bunker where he shot himself.

Really depressed right now. Went on a WW2 tour today and some of the places we were brought was pretty heavy hitting.

Comment

Just watched 'Margaret' strange film, not an enjoyable watch. I detested every character, dont think ive ever thought what a cunt (not always the same character) so many times in a film. At times it was good though, showing how people deal with traumatic experiences, it also had a grimness which anyone who's set foot in the jackpot would appreciate. One of those glad I watched but you'd have to pay me to watch again.

Comment

Looking at a friends photos of a months trip to Peru, Colombia and Brazil. It looks fucking amazing. Definitely something I want to do and gonna look into doing a trip like It next year.

Comment

Bolivia, Peru and round those parts is next on my list too.

Well after Ireland, fml, about $5k for the 2 of us to get home for xmas.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                              Looking at a friends photos of a months trip to Peru, Colombia and Brazil. It looks fucking amazing. Definitely something I want to do and gonna look into doing a trip like It next year.
                              I have two mates just arrived here from brazil, spent a month there and loved it. I am probably off to the states to work in the next two weeks but the plan is to come back to colombia and do some proper travelling afterwards. I wasnt really blown away by peru though

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                If I do I may write a blog about what a great big load of bollox it is, if it is. Can't.not.wait.
                                Would read.

See if you can get an internship in a pants factory.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                  lol,
                                  I was actually tempted to say "of the summer" because of that. IMO its close. But they are months apart so we'll let it slide.

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                  I see the two boys got off on the murder charge in Mauritius, there's gonna be some amount of hand wringing about that.
                                  Wasn't following it closely but it sounded like the cops fecked it up so badly no other verdict could have been fair.
                                  http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...breaking1.html
                                  Surprised there isn't more talk on this.

Comment

New video if anyone is bored. I know there might not be that much interest among the majority of you but I keep picking up subs from lurkers that come here so hope you dont mind me posting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuuY0HcpbR0

Comment

helllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooyoutube

#bringitback

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Surprised there isn't more talk on this.
                                        I suspect there will be four bodies found over the next few months in mauritius. The two defendents, and two defence lawyers.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                          helllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooyoutube

#bringitback
                                          nah I think thats better off left out far too fucking cringy. Hopefully they sound more natural now

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                            Would read.

See if you can get an internship in a pants factory.
                                            Sounds pants.
                                            Speaking of which, Paddy Power Pants are back: https://www.facebook.com/paddypower/app_114183032059243

They are awful.

Comment

USA v dominican rep on espn think it's the first look at the new dream team

Comment

cant believe i folded this!!! bit toxicated won in end newaz but misclick this nuts

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 7 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (2 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

BB (t270)
                                                Hero (SB) (t730)

Hero's M: 24.33

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, 8
                                                Hero calls t10, BB checks

Flop: (t40) 4, 7, Q (2 players)
                                                BB bets t40, Hero calls t40

Turn: (t120) J (2 players)
                                                BB bets t210 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: t120

Results:
                                                SPOILER

BB didn't show
                                                Outcome: BB won t120

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                  nah I think thats better off left out far too fucking cringy. Hopefully they sound more natural now
                                                  The joke about the girlfriend, "em, not last week if you're listening babe, whoops!", doesn't really work in a recorded piece. Obviously I get that you were being ironic with the whole story, just thought that the joke sounded a bit forced.

Comment

Cunt move in chat regardless imo.
                                                    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                    I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                    None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by iri$hkelt View Post
                                                      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 7 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (2 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

BB (t270)
                                                      Hero (SB) (t730)

Hero's M: 24.33

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, 8
                                                      Hero calls t10, BB checks

Flop: (t40) 4, 7, Q (2 players)
                                                      BB bets t40, Hero calls t40

Turn: (t120) J (2 players)
                                                      BB bets t210 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: t120

Results:
                                                      SPOILER

BB didn't show
                                                      Outcome: BB won t120
                                                      The turn is obviously a mis-click. But the rest isn't good either imo

Edit:
                                                      LOL I see you edited out the parts where you acted like a ass before misclicking.
                                                      Last edited by Mellor; 13-07-12, 01:18.

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
                                                        Not many people can say they spent a portion of their day sitting at a talk right above Hitlers Bunker where he shot himself.

Really depressed right now. Went on a WW2 tour today and some of the places we were brought was pretty heavy hitting.
                                                        Hitler's bunker was destroyed and all that's there now is a car park.

Comment

What was in the chat?

Comment

Wp this guy.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 3.3 Tournament, 300/600 Blinds 70 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP3 (t8620)
                                                            Hero (CO) (t6216)
                                                            Button (t47896)
                                                            SB (t14700)
                                                            BB (t15462)
                                                            UTG (t6760)
                                                            UTG+1 (t38389)
                                                            MP1 (t30696)
                                                            MP2 (t19410)

Hero's M: 4.06

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, Q
                                                            1 fold, UTG+1 calls t600, 2 folds, MP3 calls t600, Hero bets t6146 (All-In), 4 folds, MP3 calls t5546

Flop: (t14422) 5, 7, 8 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: (t14422) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t14422) 5 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t14422

Results:
                                                            SPOILER

MP3 had 5, 6 (straight, nine high).
                                                            Hero had Q, Q (two pair, Queens and fives).
                                                            Outcome: MP3 won t14422

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                              What was in the chat?
                                                              Before the hand there was some nonsense like:

irishkelt: omg
                                                              irishkelt: how d fuk did u call
                                                              irishkelt: u r terrible

then on the turn when he made the nut flush and the villain shoved it was;

irishkelt: lol
                                                              irishkelt: ty
                                                              irishkelt: i have nits
                                                              irishkelt folds

Comment

Sideburns are named after a dude named Ambrose Burnside, they used to be called Burnsides. Let's bring it back.

Comment

The joke about the girlfriend, "em, not last week if you're listening babe, whoops!", doesn't really work in a recorded piece. Obviously I get that you were being ironic with the whole story, just thought that the joke sounded a bit forced.
                                                                  actual lol did it in 1 take so was just waffling on with the story only realised after I said 1 week that people would know I had a gfriend from the other series so had to back peddle. Didnt intend it as a joke at all

Good news so far is the video had recieved more hate than all my other videos put together. Don't take the piss oot of COD fanboys I guess

edit - sorry mellor reading that back it looks like I am dismissing your opinion. Im actually really grateful for the feedback I just found it funny cause I didnt intend it as a joke which makes it even worse if it sounds forced
                                                                  Last edited by Bubbleking; 13-07-12, 02:04.

Comment

reference early post re whiskey options ....

simple one is;

2 parts whiskey
                                                                    1 part sloe gin
                                                                    + ice

if you feeling fancy there is is ;

'rattlesnake'

60ml whiskey
                                                                    15ml pernod
                                                                    juice of a lemon
                                                                    pinch icing sugar
                                                                    1 egg white !!
                                                                    ice

put all in a shaker and strain into a glass

picked these from a book i have ..

Comment

Logged into Stars and found I had a few dolla

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.16 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($16.20)
                                                                      Hero (Button) ($8.71)
                                                                      SB ($6.61)
                                                                      BB ($16)
                                                                      UTG ($5.42)
                                                                      MP ($31.03)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4, 9
                                                                      3 folds, Hero bets $0.32, 1 fold, BB raises to $1.28, Hero calls $0.96

Flop: ($2.64) 9, K, 8 (2 players)
                                                                      BB bets $1.26, Hero calls $1.26

Turn: ($5.16) 9 (2 players)
                                                                      BB checks, Hero bets $2, BB calls $2

River: ($9.16) 2 (2 players)
                                                                      BB bets $8.75, Hero calls $4.17 (All-In)

Total pot: $17.50 | Rake: $0.79

like.a.boss

Comment

The turn is obviously a mis-click. But the rest isn't good either imo

Edit:
                                                                        LOL I see you edited out the parts where you acted like a ass before misclicking.
                                                                        some ppl are just too quick to read

ye i edited it cause i used the site to convert my hand to make easier to read and it took it out, not that i said anything bad.. i pld quite a few v him and he very aggressive bad aggresive sucked out few times but + v him at end.. i check he moves all in and me with nuts at time.. i like to wind em up in chat it can work given opponent and worked v him, dont play poker to make friends v some cunt from god knows where

call it being a ass mellor all i said was 'lol , lol , lol , lol i have the nuts should i call' before i called and clicked fold while typing the bs.. might make me a ass alrite for misclicking wind em up and wind em down!

Comment

Comment

Drunk wife = STFU and dont try and explain anything more complicated than the way upstairs but dont suggest the way upstairs

poker on hold atm

Comment

some ppl are just too quick to read

ye i edited it cause i used the site to convert my hand to make easier to read and it took it out, not that i said anything bad.. i pld quite a few v him and he very aggressive bad aggresive sucked out few times but + v him at end.. i check he moves all in and me with nuts at time.. i like to wind em up in chat it can work given opponent and worked v him, dont play poker to make friends v some cunt from god knows where

call it being a ass mellor all i said was 'lol , lol , lol , lol i have the nuts should i call' before i called and clicked fold while typing the bs.. might make me a ass alrite for misclicking wind em up and wind em down!
                                                                              It's being a slow rolling prick.

Justice was done though.
                                                                              Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                              I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                              None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.16 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($24.03)
                                                                                like.a.boss (UTG) ($18.06)
                                                                                MP ($2.28)
                                                                                CO ($15.92)
                                                                                Button ($8.64)
                                                                                SB ($37.75)

Preflop: like.a.boss is UTG with 7, 9
                                                                                like.a.boss calls $0.16, MP calls $0.16, 1 fold, Button calls $0.16, SB calls $0.08, BB checks

Flop: ($0.80) 7, A, 9 (5 players)
                                                                                SB checks, BB checks, like.a.boss bets $0.75, MP raises to $2.12 (All-In), Button calls $2.12, 1 fold, BB calls $2.12, like.a.boss raises to $17.90 (All-In), Button calls $6.36 (All-In), 1 fold

Turn: ($22) K (3 players, 3 all-in)

River: ($22) 6 (3 players, 3 all-in)

Total pot: $22 | Rake: $0.99

ohhhyeaaa

Comment

Watch the cutest seven little kittens go about their daily lives live here!
                                                                                  End to end video platform for media & enterprises. Live streaming, video hosting, transcoding, monetization, distribution & delivery services for businesses.

Comment

subtle revenge ......have lifted one of the dogs onto bed

she (the dog) will growl/snarl and not be moved by anyone but me

I await to feel wanted

or repose to the spare room

either of which is a victory in the small minded war in progress

Comment

Langers

Irish hip hop track by young Cork Rappers "Da Lodge" who are Pepsii, Healy, Shazzer & D. Cotter.Written, produced and recorded in the Lodge (Ógra CorcaÍ) in ...

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                                        It's being a slow rolling prick.

Justice was done though.
                                                                                        slow rolling? whats slow rolling? it took me bout 5 seconds to type then made the (fold which was call but miscliked), dont talk shit bout me slow rolling when i played a guy aout 10 games and you dont know the history jesus some guys on this forum havta take a break.

am i meant to be mr nice everytime i give a bad beat say im sooooo sorry, no i rarely and i mean rarely lol at any player but we have all done it. i just lol'd cause few games previous he sucked out on me a few times with terrible calls so if u read my first initial post u wulda seen me write that.

I just posted a misclick but as always theres some pricks about to take it up the wrong way. I can find his username and maybe you be his shoulder to cry on im sure he needs it atm

Comment

an hour of hu razz unbeaten is good time for bed, helped that one of opponebts was sat out lol

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                            Lloyd, do you mind me asking what industry you're working in now? That seems scandalous.
                                                                                            Same industry as previous Paul.
                                                                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

I have deduced that The-Rigger has a lot of 9s in his range.

You could swap accounts with Shrapnel.

You would be named 'The-Shrapper'

He would be named 'De Rigeur'.
                                                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Comment

Post of the year over here!

Originally posted by EmaLaster View Post
                                                                                                  im doing a project for school and i have to pretend to live in omaha and buy a house. i have a 3 room house but im a single guy so i just need some sort of estimate to show my teacher.

Last edited by DeadParrot; 13-07-12, 12:23.

Comment

slow rolling? whats slow rolling? it took me bout 5 seconds to type then made the (fold which was call but miscliked), dont talk shit bout me slow rolling when i played a guy aout 10 games and you dont know the history jesus some guys on this forum havta take a break.

am i meant to be mr nice everytime i give a bad beat say im sooooo sorry, no i rarely and i mean rarely lol at any player but we have all done it. i just lol'd cause few games previous he sucked out on me a few times with terrible calls so if u read my first initial post u wulda seen me write that.

I just posted a misclick but as always theres some pricks about to take it up the wrong way. I can find his username and maybe you be his shoulder to cry on im sure he needs it atm
                                                                                                    [ ] understands slowrolling

[x] got what he deserved

[x] lol

Comment

Open bar, that's the kinda thing I expected with trading.but why a Thursday, I'm an hour late and still heavily drunk

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                        Open bar, that's the kinda thing I expected with trading.but why a Thursday, I'm an hour late and still heavily drunk
                                                                                                        Lol. Don't go mad on the trade sizes today!!
                                                                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                                                                                                          Anyone know if any of these sites have synchronized breaks Ongame/Merge or Revolution Gaming (Cake)?
                                                                                                          Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                                                                                                            Anyone?
                                                                                                            Ongame don't

Comment

Only one other guy out of the team is in and he's drunker than I am

Comment

For a while we did this almost every week. We made a fair bit of money. We could make deals with the opposing captain about, for example, betting on the first throw, the first corner, who started with the ball, a yellow card or a penalty.

'Those were the sorts of thing we had influence over.

Lundekvam insisted he and his fellow players never rigged the result of a match.
                                                                                                                He said: 'The results were never on the agenda. That is something I would never have done. We were professional competitors
                                                                                                                Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah budddddddddddddddddddddddddddy

Former Southampton skipper Claus Lundekvam is ready to talk to FIFA as they investigate his claims that he, team-mates and opposing captains were involved in betting fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                  Lol. Don't go mad on the trade sizes today!!
                                                                                                                  Hit it with size is all they ever tell us! .

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                    Only one other guy out of the team is in and he's drunker than I am
                                                                                                                    Rollover imo!

Few beers in the office to keep the form.

Comment

Anyone know where I would get a cheap fold up table for a market? Doesn't need to look even remotely well, just once it stands.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                        Rollover imo!

Few beers in the office to keep the form.
                                                                                                                        Trade meeting at ten with the boss, try and feel it out then. Would be a waste not to. Also have to give him a ribbing about the aul one he was angling for at closing
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Denny Crane; 13-07-12, 08:28.

Comment

Originally posted by flushjee View Post
                                                                                                                          Anyone know where I would get a cheap fold up table for a market? Doesn't need to look even remotely well, just once it stands.
                                                                                                                          A reliable source tells me to suggest a pasting table from Homebase if you want to go cheap ( lightweight ) or Nisbets.ie for something more solid.
                                                                                                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X