Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
          @Hitch - more tweets like this:
          robbed from balls.ie twitter? great follow
          airport, lol

Comment

Ugh
            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

What a fucking day, Sigh.
              at it again in 6 hours.
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

not up at ridiculous o clock in the morning thank god. gonna sleep half the day and go play live
                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post

What's the background to this one? it's been up a couple of times. Dude in yellow looks like David Bowie.
                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                      The fake Marty Morrissey and Big Joe Joyce are good craic on Twitter.
                      Joe Joyce:
                      @AndyLeeBoxing howaya Andy are ya still dipping your hands in petrol like I told ya” every day big Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                        What's the background to this one? it's been up a couple of times. Dude in yellow looks like David Bowie.
                        Play together at bayern, just teammate banter I imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                          btw excellent moment there on Sunday at the baby's baptism. We'd finished up the ceremony and it was actually lovely. Church of Ireland ceremonies are really nice - the singing and just generally seemed to be a lot more informal and, well, just nice. Anyway, there we are after the mass and the wife pops up at the exit from the church quite excitedly wheeling the buggy and goes - in front of Rector, family and random assortment of churchgoers ; 'make way for the Christian baby!!!' and then was gone out the door in a flash. I don't know, there was just something about it. Maybe the fact that the wife knows absolutely nothing about religion and the associated cavalier attitude to even mentioning the particular type of Christian religion, maybe a little bit about her accent, or just the awkwardness with which everyone looked at each other trying to work out if that was an okay thing to say
                          Genuinely not joking, your child is by far one of the cutest kids I have seen, as someone said on facebook, how do you not end up pinching her chubby cheeks everyday lol

Her little daisy dress was so cute nice to see a change from the usual big white gown yokes!
                          Her sky-ness
                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                            Hey does anyone still follow me on twitter? Just wondering about my posting style....

I'm wondering how it compares to, say, other, academics? Like whether I might be finding a niche to talk about, potentially looking a bit stupid, just being outright boring / self-important. After nearly a year of tweeting I'm still not sure about it or how to do it in the best way. Really have no idea tbh
                            You should put your twitter in your signature on here. I dont follow you but would if I saw it in your sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                              You should put your twitter in your signature on here. I dont follow you but would if I saw it in your sig.
                              Her sky-ness
                              © 5starpool

Comment

blaaah out of wsop event
                                @blaaaaaah666
                                Disgusting exit after spinning up. Limit I get 8 bets in with Kk v Eric Caisule Aj, JTx flop, rest goes in n obv A hits d turn. Monster pot!
                                airport, lol

Comment

Dermot Blain going well in the 5k PLO

Comment

Could anyone recommend a biography of Charlie Haughey? perhaps even one that a cousin could lend me?

Comment

POKER on TV

2012 PCA is on ch4 now.
                                      kind of cool the way they show at the end of the screen what some of the pros are tweeting during the tounament or their bust tweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Horney View Post
                                        Dermot Blain going well in the 5k PLO
                                        Yeah and Padraig just doubled again (5 off the bubble)

Comment

Originally posted by badugi View Post
                                          2012 PCA is on ch4 now.
                                          kind of cool the way they show at the end of the screen what some of the pros are tweeting during the tounament or their bust tweet.
                                          Yeah, been really enjoying the coverage of this... Looking forward to watching Faraz Jaka... He's a lunatic. Brilliant player.

Comment

Fucing aces cracked fucking twice to bust grrrrrrrr
                                            Last edited by ghostface; 20-06-12, 00:53.

Comment

Why don't they teach them to tackle properly? And outlaw hits to the head, or leading with the head for that matter? Seems like it'd solve the problem pretty quick. Would it really make the game that much less of a spectacle if they went shoulders to ankles instead?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                Fucing aces cracked fucking twice to bust grrrrrrrr
                                                what were ya playing?
                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                  Yeah, been really enjoying the coverage of this... Looking forward to watching Faraz Jaka... He's a lunatic. Brilliant player.
                                                  I like JAkas shirts
                                                  Id say William reynolds would be abit annoying with his arrogance and shit of talk if you were at his table all day.
                                                  not sure if i like the new commentator on the PCA show.
                                                  I used love the Irish (i think) commenator Colin Murrey, he did 1 or 2 of the EPTs, very funny. He does the darts on BBC now! google says he does MOTD or live5?!( I woldnt know any of the soccer programmes)
                                                  Last edited by badugi; 19-06-12, 23:54.

Comment

hand for hand for every payjump, are part poker having a laugh
                                                    airport, lol

Comment

He does MOTD2 alright Badugi, and truthfully I couldn't stand him on EPT and can't stand him on the football either
                                                      "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                        not up at ridiculous o clock in the morning thank god. gonna sleep half the day and go play live
                                                        Good game on in the Voodoo tomorrow. 60euro scalp game and 25 minute blinds.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                          Good game on in the Voodoo tomorrow. 60euro scalp game and 25 minute blinds.
                                                          was planning my usual d1 game, may consider this though its pretty close to me. i assume signing up can be done on the spot n quickly
                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Colm Murray is very good on 5 Live.
                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

was planning my usual d1 game, may consider this though its pretty close to me. i assume signing up can be done on the spot n quickly
                                                              Yep. Should be a good game.

Comment

It baffles me that Colin Murray gets work.

Comment

putting ice cube into glass....

drop ice cube..

athletic dive and catch icecube before it hits floor..

thump head on edge of table ..

drop ice cube and it falls to floor and slides away laughing leaving me roaring obscenities...

Fuck you icecube

recover icecube and throw into glass

sip and smile as the bastard melts

sorted ................................................

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                    putting ice cube into glass....

drop ice cube..

athletic dive and catch icecube before it hits floor..

thump head on edge of table ..

drop ice cube and it falls to floor and slides away laughing leaving me roaring obscenities...

Fuck you icecube

recover icecube and throw into glass

sip and smile as the bastard melts

sorted ................................................
                                                                    Sounds like today was good day, motherfucker.

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                      Off to bed, cant drink.

Dentist visit went great, its been years since i have been and had built up a phobia in my own head about it. Female dentist, wife, mother and son all go to her. She was cool out.

I was in the chair at 8pm and x-ray, 3 injections and an extraction i was out the door at 8.35.

I was really worried, everyone has their dentist horror story and im no different.

Didnt feel a thing, it was a rear molar, next to a wisdon tooth that she said i would be wasting my time going for a root canal it is so far back that best option would be take it out now before it gets worse.

Actually looking forward now to going back in a few weeks to start a plan to get the rest of what needs to be done started.

Anyone avoiding going, no need, they have changed for the better, non judgemental and the drugs work for the pain relief. Go for it, you will be delighted with yourself, I am.
                                                                      I went today too, had the same tooth removed and in quick fast time too. My dentist wanted to do the root canal though, €650, and said there was a 20% that it wouldn't work. I've had a problem with the tooth for a while but always put off getting it taken care. I decided it was a waste of money and an unimportant tooth so got it taken out, cost me €100. Dentist looks at the tooth after and informs me that the root canal wouldn't have worked anyway so twas nice to know I didn't waste €650 getting that done only to have it taken out. I'm not sure how/why he can't work it out from the x-ray though...I wondered was he pulling a fast one or am I paranoid? Meh it's done now anyway and I've a crater in my mouth that hopefully heels fast so I can get back to eating with both sides!!

Comment

I was joking about flannerys/coppers, jesus ya cant be bringing apples to the orchard
                                                                        Flans is a cockfest and Id only ever be tempted to pull in coppers if I was drawing dead everywhere else

Originally posted by flushjee View Post
                                                                        Good pubs in Dublin for a first date?
                                                                        I always find a comedy club is good spot for a date i.e. The Laughter Lounge. Barring a horrible showing you get to have a laugh over some drinks. Hard not to have a good time and theres plenty of time for talking before and after etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                          I went today too, had the same tooth removed and in quick fast time too. My dentist wanted to do the root canal though, €650, and said there was a 20% that it wouldn't work. I've had a problem with the tooth for a while but always put off getting it taken care. I decided it was a waste of money and an unimportant tooth so got it taken out, cost me €100. Dentist looks at the tooth after and informs me that the root canal wouldn't have worked anyway so twas nice to know I didn't waste €650 getting that done only to have it taken out. I'm not sure how/why he can't work it out from the x-ray though...I wondered was he pulling a fast one or am I paranoid? Meh it's done now anyway and I've a crater in my mouth that hopefully heels fast so I can get back to eating with both sides!!
                                                                          Sick life had a tooth removed today as well

Comment

swingy night ......came good in the end ...goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                              Not sure if you made a typo or if you think that was a decision made by the IABA. (I = Irish)

Comment

Comment

Just finished The Sopranos. I can see why the ending was so controversial but I really liked it.

SPOILER
                                                                                  You don't hear it coming

What should I watch next? I've heard good things about Sons Of Anarchy. Any opinions?
                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I think for the world cup, we should play with the german B team instead of the Irish team, they've pretty much paid us enough to take over our shit team and we can't complain. Come on the germs!!
                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                      Flans is a cockfest and Id only ever be tempted to pull in coppers if I was drawing dead everywhere else

I always find a comedy club is good spot for a date i.e. The Laughter Lounge. Barring a horrible showing you get to have a laugh over some drinks. Hard not to have a good time and theres plenty of time for talking before and after etc etc
                                                                                      Genuinely never ever found flannerys a cock fest but would never go there on a first date - it's coppers without paying in, slaggy farmers do doo doo do doo doo doo do do, do doo doo do doo doo doo do do, do doo doo do doo doo doo do do, slaggy farmers!!
                                                                                      Comedy clubs are great craic too, what night of the month you thinkng though? I have random night full of random shit that you can do, have free tickets to some jagermeister thing on the 26th that will be unused if you want them, free drink and good laugh and all
                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Apparently Phil Ivey is above variance

Comment

Originally posted by colquhom View Post
                                                                                          Why don't they teach them to tackle properly? And outlaw hits to the head, or leading with the head for that matter? Seems like it'd solve the problem pretty quick. Would it really make the game that much less of a spectacle if they went shoulders to ankles instead?
                                                                                          to do this they have to outlaw jumping a tackle, which is absolutely huge in the game. So many highlight reels championing someone jumping out of a tackle.

It's banned outright in rugby to prevent players taking each others heads off.

Comment

Ship the Bon Iver tickets Woot!!

O2 priority tix on sale now, general release on Fri morn at 9am.
                                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Happy Birthday MSN

Comment

@ RDIII and One Time, any decent run last night?

Comment

Happy Birthday MSN, you're looking well for 45.
                                                                                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                                                    No point in getting a RC unless you get it crowned after, thats gona throw another 800 on top. Waste of money for a back tooth. Dentist practically told me this, she was telling me buisness is way down, thats why she was able to see me at 8 last night i guess, 4 years ago you would be waiting 2 weeks.

No pain whatsoever this morning, some blood on the pilow and can have a cup of coffee which is great.

Horrible sensation though, and that injection into the roof of the mouth...ughhh.
                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                      Happy Birthday MSN
                                                                                                      Happy Birthday Michelle.

21 again.
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

My PaddyPants just arrived in the post...
                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                          Just finished The Sopranos. I can see why the ending was so controversial but I really liked it.

SPOILER
                                                                                                          You don't hear it coming

What should I watch next? I've heard good things about Sons Of Anarchy. Any opinions?
                                                                                                          SOA has some great action and music but one of the seasons is a real dud. S3 I think, the one with the
                                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                                          Irish
                                                                                                          theme. Haven't been able to get back into after that it was so terrible.

Comment

Will you wear them as well as me

SPOILER
                                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                              Will you wear them as well as me

SPOILER

Comment

Samesies!
                                                                                                                Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Just heard a report that a body was found in a river in Poland near where that young Irish fan went missing a few days ago

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                    Not sure if you made a typo or if you think that was a decision made by the IABA. (I = Irish)
                                                                                                                    Typo...
                                                                                                                    Still a wonky decision
                                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

got two pairs, perks of being a mod
                                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                        Just heard a report that a body was found in a river in Poland near where that young Irish fan went missing a few days ago
                                                                                                                        details here
                                                                                                                        orig in polish;
                                                                                                                        The body of a young man found near dam parish, near Bydgoszcz Cathedral. It was near this church, recorded by James Nolan urban camera surveillance in the chair. 1.46 in the night from Saturday to Sunday, when lost. divers scoured Brda from Monday, suspecting that the Irishman could drown, because the river is just 200 meters from the Old Market and Pub PRL, where James was last seen. The place where the body was found, searched today for the first time exactly.

The police will not yet confirm that this body of James Nolan. - Everything will be known, as well as how the victim died, the autopsy - the police say. section will probably be done today. Decided by the prosecutor, who is on site. Today had to Bydgoszcz to fly parents missing Irishman. - After what had happened half an hour ago, the situation has radically changed - unofficial police said. - Currently we do not know what will be the decision of the missing family. Police searched Sunday intense 21-year-old Irish fan, James Nolan. From the moment of its disappearance was examined including hospitals, hotels, pubs , taxis and friends questioned Irishman, with whom he came into Polish for Euro 2012 . Since yesterday, divers searched the river Brda where today, at approx. 11 body was found. The body is still in the river. Irishman involved in the search was also the Berlin police. After the information appeared that he could be on the train to the capital. James Nolan was last seen Sunday in Bydgoszcz was at approx. 1.30 in the morning. Then he played with his friends at the club PRL in the Old Market. In the morning, the Irish returned to the hotel to the estate of Forestry, where he lived. When I got up, realize that no James with them. At about 17 told the police about his disappearance. Yesterday, the analysis of urban surveillance recordings revealed that James left the club PRL and went towards the cathedral. What happened next - no one knows. Relation of the search Irishman

Więcej... http://bydgoszcz.gazeta.pl/bydgoszcz...#ixzz1yKNGLJgi

Comment

...
                                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X