Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eat the kebabs in Germany/Holland/Belgium and the muck here pales in comparison

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      I do remember Bang Bang as a phenomenon. We used to come into town every Thursday afternoon and I remember people getting excited and pointing him out many of times but I was never on a bus with him and don't remember seeing him doing his thing.
      My Dad used to have to regularly fling him off the 53 bus. Used to frighten the life out of people. Dad described him in his own understated way as a 'feckin nuisance'. That was back when the busses were navy and cream Hitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mongolian Barbecue destroys Zaytoon and is 10x better value and health-wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
          keane and Semibluff obviously trolling with the Zaytoon comments
          each to their own,

never liked kebabs

You should lay off em for the GAA buddy
          GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
            BRAG: Also got The Jezebels, Florence and the Machine/Snow Patrol/Temper Trap,
            Yes for the jezebels, Florence and snow patrols are not brag worthy tbh.

Was at a free gig where snow patrol were playing years ago. Their guitar amp blew halfway through their set, made for a much improved experience.

They've gotten worse, most of their output in recent years seems like it was written directly for Meteor adverts.
            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
              true, but I'm not going to deal with ryanair every time I fancy a kebab.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                Yes for the jezebels, Florence and snow patrols are not brag worthy tbh.

Was at a free gig where snow patrol were playing years ago. Their guitar amp blew halfway through their set, made for a much improved experience.

They've gotten worse, most of their output in recent years seems like it was written directly for Meteor adverts.
                Snow Patrol, they're inoffensive, wouldn't go to see them on their own but that's just how the gig is listed. Dunno if it's an all day thing or what actually.

Florence is class and is obviously the reason for going, has she gotten mainstream enough that people are too cool for her already?

Comment

Just coming to the last 5 episodes of Friday Night Lights - gonna be an epic conclusion hopefully

Comment

Goddamn spoiler in the title and probably fake but great nonetheless

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

What the hell is going on today? All the oldies going on posting sprees it seems

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                        What the hell is going on today? All the oldies going on posting sprees it seems
                        Nostalgia is like heroine for old people

Comment

Leinster have taken a massive step towards retaining the Heineken Cup with this massive acquisition.

Comment

Florence is class and is obviously the reason for going, has she gotten mainstream enough that people are too cool for her already?
                            I liked Raise it up, but I think she keeps writing the same song over and over.

Comment

Nostalgia is like heroine for old people
                              Old heroine you say?

SPOILER
                              Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Just coming to the last 5 episodes of Friday Night Lights - gonna be an epic conclusion hopefully
                                FNL's Spoiler re last series. Read at your peril BK

SPOILER

He puts the wife in her box, they stay in Texas lovely texas. Due to losing in the final their record isnt good enough and East Dillon is got rid of, oh and Buddy has a heart attack and kicks it.

Enjoy!

and thats why i think GG is the GOAT
                                GAA News Website

Comment

anyone following full tilt story ray bitar spoke out for first time yesterday
                                  Tiltware CEO and co-founder of Full Tilt Poker Ray Bitar has broken his silence for the first time since Black Friday, and issued an apology to “all who have been affected by these events”.

edot: posted a bit quick he says feck all
                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                    This is very true
                                    had Rollo in Bremen and it was out of this world
                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

the temptation to click that spoiler is agonizing.....

Comment

lol wp Semibluff, click the spoiler BK!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                          Leinster have taken a massive step towards retaining the Heineken Cup with this massive acquisition.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/rug...312947520.html
                                          only there as cover surely? Would take him weeks to get integrated into the set-up properly

We've had enough mercenaries in the past so excuse my cynicism about Mr Thorn's motives.

CJ van der Linde anyone?
                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                              Reasonably 'spirited' (ho-hum) religion and schooling thread:

This has kind of been asked before, but was a good while ago, so hope don't mind me starting a new thread. ....

almost feel as if am subtly trolling which is presumably a side-effect of two weeks off the cigs, but something we are wondering about at the moment.
                                              don't baptise your kid just to get them into a school.

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                Old heroine you say?

SPOILER
                                                Old Heroin you say?
                                                SPOILER
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

How many children have you Zod ?
                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Reasonably 'spirited' (ho-hum) religion and schooling thread:

This has kind of been asked before, but was a good while ago, so hope don't mind me starting a new thread. ....

almost feel as if am subtly trolling which is presumably a side-effect of two weeks off the cigs, but something we are wondering about at the moment.
                                                    I dont think you are trolling at all.
                                                    It is a valid and oft discussed thing by new parents.
                                                    I've a mate who is getting his daughter baptized more from pressure from his missus' family and communion/schools etc than any religious inclination at all.
                                                    I've another mate due to be a daddy very soon and is dead against the idea of baptizing and is refusing to budge on it.

It's an interesting conundrum as at least in my home town there was no non secular primary school option and the secondary 'tech' as you mentioned in your thread was seen as a lesser school

Comment

To balance this argument if you will give your kid a better education definitely baptise your kid to get them into a school.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Agree with DP it does not sound like trolling to me. If you dont have serious religious convictions of your own than who cares.

Your child can always change their religion when they are older if they think you made the wrong choice. Most likely religious apathy will be even stronger in generations to come and our kids are likely to give even less of a fuck about any church unless there is a sex scandal for them to be disappointed.

Comment

I wish I could remember my teenage years.

Comment

Mongolian Barbecue destroys Zaytoon and is 10x better value and health-wise.
                                                                Chicken shish kebab in zaytoon, eaten rolled up without cutlery, while drunk, is the food of kings. Haven't had one for ages, might treat myself soon.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                  Agree with DP it does not sound like trolling to me. If you dont have serious religious convictions of your own than who cares.

Your child can always change their religion when they are older if they think you made the wrong choice. Most likely religious apathy will be even stronger in generations to come and our kids are likely to give even less of a fuck about any church unless there is a sex scandal for them to be disappointed.
                                                                  Dont forget the piss ups at communion and confirmation !!
                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

On the same cycle as BK. have 5 episodes left in FNL. Loving it so far. Great series. One of the few that the GF has equally enjoyed. Lyla is by far the best looking girl in it. Expecting a Lions/Panthers State championship game but who knows. Gonna have to try my best to ignore that spoiler!!

That pic of bleeding horse is nuts, its literally taken from my apartment now. Took me a few looks to see it. Zaytoon 10 yards away and Iv only gone once in 2 years. Not a fan really. Anyone been to Old Town Noodle house on Camden St? Its the nuts really. Very much like Wok to Walk in Amsterdam.

Also will not Baptise my child under any circumstances. Hopefully by then though there will be alot more Educate Together schools in Ireland.

Clearly the way forward.
                                                                    Last edited by Downtown; 07-03-12, 15:23.

Comment

Put my baby boy (13) on a coach at 6am this morning, heading to Paris with the school, first time away on his own, was on the cork airport website making sure the plane took off on time, then followed it on flightradar.com to CDG, should have put a tracker on his phone

Its only 3 nights/4 days but myself and his mother wont stop worrying till he comes home Saturday. Might have to head away tomorrow for the night to try and get my mind off him...

Told him this morning, no tats, no piercings and don't bring any disease home !
                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

Not a huge man for the Kebabs but when the mood takes in the early hours Zaytoon is the business. Anyone who disagrees is either drinking incorrectly or in moderation and thus has no opinion on anything Kebab related.

FWIW Ricks Burgers are the real drunken treat tho

Comment

Not a huge man for the Kebabs but when the mood takes in the early hours Zaytoon is the business. Anyone who disagrees is either drinking incorrectly or in moderation and thus has no opinion on anything Kebab related.

FWIW Ricks Burgers are the real drunken treat tho
                                                                            Place here in Limerick does Kebabs, Kabish or something, but they are really really good. Got one Saturday night and this is a copy of a text i send the brother drunk.

You could feed an African family for about 2 weeks on the kebab i got ! Someone tell the black baby fund fast !
                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post

That pic of bleeding horse is nuts, its literally taken from my apartment now. Took me a few looks to see it.
                                                                              There was no such thing as "Apartments" in Ireland until '96

Comment

That pic of bleeding horse is nuts, its literally taken from my apartment now. Took me a few looks to see it. Zaytoon 10 yards away and Iv only gone once in 2 years. Not a fan really. Anyone been to Old Town Noodle house on Camden St? Its the nuts really. Very much like Wok to Walk in Amsterdam.

Also will not Baptise my child under any circumstances. Hopefully by then though there will be alot more Educate Together schools in Ireland.

Clearly the way forward.
                                                                                You've mentioned that Noodle place before, must try and remember it the next time I am around Camden St.

And as for christenings, the only thing that they seem to mean in Ireland is session in the pub (which seems a bit inappropriate for the occasion).

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                  How many children have you Zod ?
                                                                                  These are my opinions. If you don't like them, I have others.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                    There was no such thing as "Apartments" in Ireland until '96
                                                                                    Yeah I know, its crazy. Hard for me to imagine the place with out all these buildings. I presume the Pod was there? Was the Garda station? And was the Palace a cinema at this time also?

Comment

Yeah I know, its crazy. Hard for me to imagine the place with out all these buildings. I presume the Pod was there? Was the Garda station? And was the Palace a cinema at this time also?
                                                                                      I drank quite heavily through the 90's when all these new side roads started appearing. Very confusing decade.

Comment

Totally agree.

Visited Newgrange for the first time a few months ago. The spectacular dedication those people showed to their beliefs at the time and now it isn't even really known what those beliefs were. I'd guess our current individual religions should be viewed like that, and anything that attaches undue importance to any individual religion should be viewed as a nonsense. Which obv doesn't necessarily takes away from a broader sense of, or importance of spirituality / moral codes even if just for the smooth running of society.
                                                                                        Morality is not solely the preserve of religion, and moral education is not solely the preserve of Religious institutions.

Comment

Morality is not solely the preserve of religion, and moral education is not solely the preserve of Religious institutions.
                                                                                          Unfortunately, practicality has have sway over ideals, especially when it comes to you children.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                            Place here in Limerick does Kebabs, Kabish or something, but they are really really good. Got one Saturday night and this is a copy of a text i send the brother drunk.
                                                                                            Kebabish - pretty good alright, lots of good Kebab places in Limerick in fairness.

Comment

A highlight to how bad moneybookers support is. They have asked me for verification. I sent it to them and they wouldnt accept cred card statement as proof of address. Itll be next week until i get a proper stateent sent to them. They dont have an email address only support centre so i have sent them 3 or 4 messages on that asking to help them and why two forms of address havent been accepted. No reply. So yesterday i ring their english number where i get talking to a girl who finds it hard to understand english. She asks me if I have used the support centre? I tell her yes and shes says ok then she will get onto the relevent department and get them to reply to me some time yesterday or at the very latest early today. Still no reply. Not good enough in my opinion for a company who deals with large sums of peoples money. Its not a big deal because I can sort it out next week anyway. I dont have huge sums on there but considerable nonetheless. Not a great sign if you have quite large sums of money on there and cant access it until they get around to getting back to you how many days or weeks that may take.
                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

I wish i had a dishwasher, but I wouldnt be able to pay her much for her services.
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                  Unfortunately, practicality has have sway over ideals, especially when it comes to you children.
                                                                                                  I can see why people would not want their ideals to interfere with the education of their children, as it would be unfair on them to deny them the best available education.

however, it's an injustice that the "best available education" in this country is in the control of the most immoral and self serving institution in Irish history.

Comment

Taking an enormous amount of restraint not to post on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                                      I will preface by this saying when there I am an educated white irish guy so my experience is a whole lot better than a mexican immigrant etc

Huge amount of disposable income, if we take the dallas area for example it has 3 cities in the top 10 for employment in the entire USA. Plano being the number 1. State wide they say they could survive on their own without being part of the USA which means lots of great services around.

There is no state tax, house prices are real cheap, 40,000 will get you a small house in the outskirts, my friend got a 5 bedroom place with outdoor salt water pool and jacuzzi in the equivalent of malahide for $220,000.

weather is like san diego's perfect weather 6 months a year, admittedly it is 100+ for 8 weeks in a row during the summer but you get used to that.

easy access to everywhere else, literally in the middle so it is only ever 2 hours away by plane to anywhere else, spirit, southwest and all the other low far airlines fly from there too.

huge variety of pro sports teams in NFL,Hockey, Basketball, Baseball. all real cheap to attend except the cowboys, but university and high school football is just as good as those games.

speaking of universities, austin is one huge college town with the university of texas based there, it is as good to go out in as vegas is imo. beers are much cheaper, can get spirits for $2, beers for $3 in most places.

I tended not to go too south as was hot and had no reason to go past san antonio or houston but little bit further south there are the beaches, mexico etc

women are pretty spectacular in general too, was hanging out at this bar beside a famous hiking/biking trail last week which is now the cool place to go and the dallas girls were making colombian women look average.

people are real friendly, i had 3 christmas dinner invitations when i first moved over despite only being there a week or two and not really knowing or talking to the people.

i could go on but you get the picture

not as busy now so can get into negatives now, to me there seems to be an abnormally high amount of cancer in younger people. I know a quite a lot of people who have it also heart disease is quite high too. No surprises there though with the size of sufferers there

whole lot of uber religious people and only getting worse but apart from being told i was going to hell once i never had anything forced down my throat.

lots of gun toting rednecks but thats also a positive as for 16 dollars you can rent out an ak47 and take it to the gun range. have a pretty funny story from christmas dinner when we went shooting.

the heat really is tough to get used to in the summer, dallas is not so bad but go down south and its rough, played rugby in austin once in 107 degree heat and 90% humidity and thought I was going to die after the game.

no public transport whatsoever so really need to buy a car, i paid 3000 for mine and got a really good chevy malibu so not too expensive, petrol costs are going up though, a year ago it was roughly $2.70 a gallon now its $3.80 ish, and going to be 4 dollars in the next few weeks. I know this sounds dirt cheap compared to back home but when everything gets 10 miles to the gallon it adds up.

Majority of the vehicles on the road are the 5 litre, 3 tonne monster SUV´s or trucks and they drive like shit so if you do have an accident you're fucked.

The food is tough to get used too, despite there being a huge amount of steak and beef pretty much everything is pumped full of chemicals and it is very easy to gain a lot fo weight very quickly.

People despite being nice can be hilariously stupid and ignorant. again i was a white irish guy there, can only imagine what life would be as mexican immigrant or a black youth.
                                                                                                      Last edited by Trippie; 07-03-12, 15:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                        only there as cover surely? Would take him weeks to get integrated into the set-up properly

We've had enough mercenaries in the past so excuse my cynicism about Mr Thorn's motives.

CJ van der Linde anyone?
                                                                                                        I'm hoping for a Rocky/Hines type impact. Cullen is a little injury prone and although Toner/Browne are having really good seasons, a bit of ooopmh is always welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                                          I wish I could remember my teenage years.
                                                                                                          I wish i could remember last night

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                            A highlight to how bad moneybookers support is. They have asked me for verification. I sent it to them and they wouldnt accept cred card statement as proof of address. Itll be next week until i get a proper stateent sent to them. They dont have an email address only support centre so i have sent them 3 or 4 messages on that asking to help them and why two forms of address havent been accepted. No reply. So yesterday i ring their english number where i get talking to a girl who finds it hard to understand english. She asks me if I have used the support centre? I tell her yes and shes says ok then she will get onto the relevent department and get them to reply to me some time yesterday or at the very latest early today. Still no reply. Not good enough in my opinion for a company who deals with large sums of peoples money. Its not a big deal because I can sort it out next week anyway. I dont have huge sums on there but considerable nonetheless. Not a great sign if you have quite large sums of money on there and cant access it until they get around to getting back to you how many days or weeks that may take.
                                                                                                            When I set up Moneybookers they just posted me out a letter with a code on it to verify my address. Weird how much grief you're getting, was the easiest thing in the world for me.

Comment

I can see why people would not want their ideals to interfere with the education of their children, as it would be unfair on them to deny them the best available education.

however, it's an injustice that the "best available education" in this country is in the control of the most immoral and self serving institution in Irish history.
                                                                                                              Is this one of the protestant churches, the catholic church or the state itself.
                                                                                                              all have their own questions to answer

Comment

Oh and the king of kebabs can be located in Samsuns, just off Lothian road in Edinburgh.

Comment

The idea of sending your child to a religious school because it's a better school doesn't really strike me as very grounded in reality.

A student's achievements will be impacted way, way, way more by how inherently driven they themselves are as people and how active an interest their parents take in their education than by the standard of teachers they have.

Comment

Is this one of the protestant churches, the catholic church or the state itself.
                                                                                                                    all have their own questions to answer
                                                                                                                    I presumed he was talking about Fianna Fail myself

oh, and Allez les Bleus for this weekend obviously
                                                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

When I set up Moneybookers they just posted me out a letter with a code on it to verify my address. Weird how much grief you're getting, was the easiest thing in the world for me.
                                                                                                                      Interesting I havent even been given that option. Getting it sorted isnt the biggest worry for me I know ill get it done, its the time waiting for a reply that is worrying with a company that deals with money. Two of the lads here sorted me out with dollars anyway to keep me goin even though the resulted in two worst nights I had on the 45s and mtts. Maybe it was a sign i shouldnt play haha
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                        I presumed he was talking about Fianna Fail myself

oh, and Allez les Bleus for this weekend obviously
                                                                                                                        Your Italian is rusty I see but yes go Italy. Do me a favour and decide where you want you bet paid into in advance. Paddy Powers or Stars would suit best but can do Boyles also if you want.

If required I can get a check made up for a GAA style handshake and handover at the next IPB outing.

Comment

The idea of sending your child to a religious school because it's a better school doesn't really strike me as very grounded in reality.

A student's achievements will be impacted way, way, way more by how inherently driven they themselves are as people and how active an interest their parents take in their education than by the standard of teachers they have.
                                                                                                                          more to education than academic achievements though

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X