This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
    On the Royal Wedding talk, surely going to scoot in tomorrow?

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Racec...429469,00.html
    And he scoots in.

Comment

being MIA the last week so cliffs please
      IO winner and his IPB username would be a nice place to start

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
        And he scoots in.
        and horseracing isnt fixed?
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
          Dont like it. Also an orchestra with guitars, gtfo english students.
          Originally posted by The Situation View Post
          That was AWFUL chadley.
          I lol'd at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
            Dont like it. Also an orchestra with guitars, gtfo english students.
            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
              The Trinity Orchestra plays Daft Punk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMlB8...eature=related
              Over the last few years the Trinity Orchestra have interpreted Sigur Ros and done Radiohead covers. Was at both of those efforts and they were great. The above doesn't work anywhere near aswell imo.

It's actually a bit of a shame that they didn't go to the same lengths to record the previous two efforts tbh.
              Last edited by LuckyLloyd; 29-04-11, 17:08.
              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Any good tournies on tonight worth playing? SE or Fitz?
                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                  Over the last few years the Trinity Orchestra have interpreted Sigur Ros and done Radiohead covers. Was at both of those efforts and they were great. The above doesn't work anywhere near aswell imo.

It's actually a bit of a shame that they didn't go to the same lengths to record the previous two efforts tbh.
                  My mates playing in it and it does sound awful in that video as it's out of sync. I went to the performance and it was awesome live.
                  Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                    My mates playing in it and it does sound awful in that video as it's out of sync. I went to the performance and it was awesome live.
                    Cool, I stand corrected. As I said, the two shows I was at myself over the past couple of years were great.
                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Poker Stars $40+$4 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t200/t400 Blinds + t50 - 6 players - View hand 1293239
                      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

LV_Betman (MP): t19771 M = 21.97
                      KupePlogen (CO): t15436 M = 17.15
                      Ventilatorrr (BTN): t8986 M = 9.98
                      Hero (SB): t30959 M = 34.40
                      bartu79 (BB): t34692 M = 38.55
                      fakmassive (UTG): t12077 M = 13.42

Pre Flop: (t900) Hero is SB with A A
                      4 folds, Hero raises to t1200, bartu79 raises to t3200, Hero raises to t5200, bartu79 calls t2000

Flop: (t10700) 6 3 2 (2 players)
                      Hero bets t25709 all in, bartu79 calls t25709

Turn: (t62118) Q (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: (t62118) 7 (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: t62118
                      Hero shows A A (a pair of Aces)
                      bartu79 shows 9 9 (a pair of Nines)
                      Hero wins t62118

Going well here, in the money and 2nd chips
                      Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                        cant wait for this

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                          A_CitizenErased/Mahony92 took it down. WP

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                            I'm having a house game. It will end in tears

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                              And had sold 125% of himself.

Comment

Stupid question: for Indoor rowing machines found in your typical gym, do you attain more value from using them by fixing the setting of the wheel (has a scale of 1 - 10) higher or lower?

Weird question I know.

Comment

Anyone see the adds for the new BBC drama series 'The Shadow Line'? Looks like it could be quality.
                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                    Could anyone tell me if traffic noise from the nearby M50 would be a problem on Harold's Grange Road in Rathfarnham?

Find Property For Sale in Ireland from all leading estate agents on the largest property listing site in Ireland.
                                    You wouldn't even know the M50 was anywhere nearby. There's quite a jump in height between there and the motorway. Next door to Adam Claytons gaf iirc
                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

The piss that gets taken out of me here is ridic.

Lads im not that big of a fish like

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                        IO Winner was Niall Smyth pretty sick win €20 bet on a horse and won stuck the money online binked a seat won the Sole Survivor for an extra 100k for a total of 650k seemed like a nice chap as well.

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                        SE is a €40 game with 1k guaranteed not sure how many runners its been getting.

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                        cant wait for this
                                        Really looking forward to it.

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                        I'm having a house game. It will end in tears
                                        Refer to yourself in the 3rd person and for the night that is in it call yourself The Metal Man
                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Friday Friday

Comment

LOL weekends

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
                                            NL Holdem $1(BB) Full Tilt
                                            SB ($100)
                                            BB ($103)
                                            Hero ($139)
                                            UTG+1 ($67.50)
                                            CO ($131)
                                            BTN ($40)

Dealt to Hero K:club: A:heart:

Hero raises to $3.50, UTG+1 calls $3.50, fold, fold, SB calls $3, BB raises to $12, Hero raises to $27, UTG+1 calls $23.50, fold, BB calls $15

FLOP ($84.50) 7:heart: 2:spade: A:club:

BB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $40.50 (AI), BB folds, Hero calls $40.50

TURN ($165) 7:heart: 2:spade: A:club: 6:diamond:

RIVER ($165) 7:heart: 2:spade: A:club: 6:diamond: 5:heart:

Hero shows K:club: A:heart:
                                            (Pre 64%, Flop 93.6%, Turn 81.8%)

UTG+1 shows 8:diamond: 9:spade:
                                            (Pre 36%, Flop 6.4%, Turn 18.2%)

UTG+1 wins $162

Comment

fuckin sick game

Poker Stars $40+$4 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t500/t1000 Blinds + t100 - 5 players - View hand 1293267
                                              DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): t33049 M = 16.52
                                              sh4rk1e (SB): t62790 M = 31.39
                                              KupePlogen (BB): t35226 M = 17.61
                                              LV_Betman (UTG): t29196 M = 14.60
                                              Giovanni1983 (CO): t65729 M = 32.86

Pre Flop: (t2000) Hero is BTN with K K
                                              1 fold, Giovanni1983 raises to t2888, Hero raises to t32949 all in, 1 fold, KupePlogen raises to t35126 all in, 1 fold

Flop: (t69786) 3 Q 3 (2 players - 2 are all in)

Turn: (t69786) J (2 players - 2 are all in)

River: (t69786) T (2 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: t69786
                                              Hero shows K K (two pair, Kings and Threes)
                                              KupePlogen shows A A (two pair, Aces and Threes)
                                              KupePlogen wins t69786
                                              Her sky-ness
                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                Anyone see the adds for the new BBC drama series 'The Shadow Line'? Looks like it could be quality.
                                                Went looking for a trailer and all I could find was upcoming shows on BBC type thing. BBC seem to have a good few cool looking new shows in the wings.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcD64XzkVmY[/ame]

I didn't have a clue they are making a TV show with David Tennant called 'United'

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-lAyDQHHlc[/ame]

Opr

Comment

Could anyone tell me if traffic noise from the nearby M50 would be a problem on Harold's Grange Road in Rathfarnham? I'm just wondering about the asking price for these properties:

Find Property For Sale in Ireland from all leading estate agents on the largest property listing site in Ireland.

I'm not actively looking at all, but seems to be reasonably priced compared to current asking prices in the general area (personally think these might be a bargain if you could get them at €250K, though then again I might be way off!) and I imagine they'll sell pretty quickly around asking unless there is something wrong with them that I can't see.
                                                  I finished a job for a client there recently who is an estate agent and mentioned a house right beside where I am renting.

Checked it on Daft: http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=584892

She reckons that the initial price on the was at least €270,00 when they were first listed in the boom. The value is now half that @ €135,000. I wonder how she is affording to keep her lexus on the road. I'm renting a similar house albeit a little more bland with a smaller garden @ €550 per month with my brother.

He's looking at building on family land out in the sticks in the next couple of years if his job stays stable. Otherwise he plans on going travelling.

Comment

Refer to yourself in the 3rd person and for the night that is in it call yourself The Metal Man
                                                    I am 'Lonewolf' during house games

Comment

Stupid question: for Indoor rowing machines found in your typical gym, do you attain more value from using them by fixing the setting of the wheel (has a scale of 1 - 10) higher or lower?

Weird question I know.
                                                      I think this is what you are asking about ?

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
                                                        The piss that gets taken out of me here is ridic.

Lads im not that big of a fish like
                                                        I likes ya so I does

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                          Went looking for a trailer and all I could find was upcoming shows on BBC type thing. BBC seem to have a good few cool looking new shows in the wings.

Subscribe and 🔔 to the BBC 👉 https://bit.ly/BBCYouTubeSubWatch the BBC first on iPlayer 👉 https://bbc.in/iPlayer-Home http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctwoOriginal ...

I didn't have a clue they are making a TV show with David Tennant called 'United'

Subscribe and 🔔 to the BBC 👉 https://bit.ly/BBCYouTubeSubWatch the BBC first on iPlayer 👉 https://bbc.in/iPlayer-Home More on the programme: http://www.bb...

Opr
                                                          Yeah I was reading an article in the guardian recently, apparentely they've pumped an extra 30 million pound to make these group of dramas. Must be a reaction to the success of the HBO stuff. The shadow line is the first to be broadcasted and starts next Thursday at 9.
                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

I think this is what you are asking about ?

Opr
                                                            Perfect, thanks.

Comment

Weird question I know.
                                                              I watched some vids done by a Canadian Olympic rower showing the basics of using a rower

She said something like:

the numbers on the side are called the drag factor to do with air going through

the numbers 3-5 have a different colour as 3-5 are the settings of "on the water"

above that are for different types of exercise

if starting/unsure go for 3-5 imo
                                                              6-7 if want a bit harder

ooh and go towards Wheel/display slow as going fast only increases your heart rate but isn't proper rowing

In this vid
                                                              [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP77W8MDRZ0[/ame]

nice quick little series for basics imo
                                                              felt a lot more comfortable on the rower after watching them
                                                              Last edited by Guest; 29-04-11, 19:02. Reason: **

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                I likes ya so I does
                                                                Thats all that really matters to me.

Comment

lol what sort of drugs do you think i'm on
                                                                  btw I was in the your neck of the woods and was chatting to a barman on wednesday night who was saying a local came 23rd, is this local spin or does donegal have 1 good poker player?
                                                                  Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                  And had sold 125% of himself.
                                                                  {insert put hands in the air and bow down gif}

IO Winner was Niall Smyth pretty sick win €20 bet on a horse and won stuck the money online binked a seat won the Sole Survivor for an extra 100k for a total of 650k seemed like a nice chap as well.
                                                                  tnx
                                                                  thats a sick spin

Comment

i was just reading up a bit on the 1916 rising
                                                                    i lol'd at this

The occupation of St. Stephen's Green Park by the ICA quickly declined into tragedy as British troops displayed much more military aptitude than the rebels and used the adjoining Shelbourne Hotel to rake the park with machine guns, sending rebels scurrying for cover in the flowerbeds. This further declined into farce when a truce was observed to allow a warden to feed the ducks in the pond ...

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Missed this a couple of days ago.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHNAM7Sw3ic&NR=1[/ame]
                                                                      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

For anyone inclined to listenting to some music this fine Friday evening.

Here's a mix i did earlier - all vinyl - soul, ska, funk, some beats, jazz. Sunshine stuff really.

Scroll to the bottom to stream.

Tunes:

Rex Garvin & The Mighty Cravers – Sock It Too ‘Em
                                                                        Allen Toussaint – Tequila
                                                                        Huey ‘Piano’ Smith – Little Liza Jane
                                                                        The Skatalites – Chinatown
                                                                        Tommy McCook – Heatwave
                                                                        Arrested Development – Tennessee (Dubb mix)
                                                                        Beastie Boys – 33% God
                                                                        Beastie Boys – Dis Yourself in ‘89
                                                                        Saxana/The Girl On The Broomstick - Dexem Po Krumplex
                                                                        Stereolab – Les Bon Bon Des Raisons
                                                                        Booker T & The Mgs – Soul Limbo
                                                                        The Commodores – Machine Gun
                                                                        Mulatu – Chifara
                                                                        Original Wings – Iga Blusi
                                                                        The Watts 103rd Street Band – Papa’s Got A Brand New Bag
                                                                        Jimmy Hicks - I’m Mr. Big Stuff
                                                                        Booker T & The MGs – Eleanor Rigby
                                                                        Mulatu – Mulatu
                                                                        Toots & The Maytals – Bam Bam
                                                                        Sidney, George and Jackie – Papa Was A Rolling Stone
                                                                        Chi-Chi Favelas & His Black & White Band - Cocaine/Discocaine/Cocaine Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                          Missed this a couple of days ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHNAM7Sw3ic&NR=1
                                                                          Happened over a week ago when everything went down. On Wednesday they said it could up to another week before everything is back up and running.

I just find it amazing how a huge company like Sony haven't got better security in place to deal with these sort of attacks. They have assured all customers that they are totally revamping everything, servers, systems, the works. There is talk of compensation to customers .

It's a long time to be without online gaming if you only own a PS3. I am one of these people at the moment and we are suffering greatly from the dreaded disease called "boredom" which no man should ever experience. Must snag the Xbox off my little brother .

Comment

Subscribe and 🔔 to the BBC 👉 https://bit.ly/BBCYouTubeSubWatch the BBC first on iPlayer 👉 https://bbc.in/iPlayer-Home http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctwoOriginal ...

Subscribe and 🔔 to the BBC 👉 https://bit.ly/BBCYouTubeSubWatch the BBC first on iPlayer 👉 https://bbc.in/iPlayer-Home More on the programme: http://www.bb...

Opr
                                                                            'united' is available on bbc iplayer now for anyone interested. I think it was a 90 minute one off.

Comment

Off on my California/Vegas holiday in the morning. In case I don't post again before I go, catch you suckers on the 11th.

Comment

Haven't seen that hair back and forth gif in ages.

Angry Ball you were always good for it?

Comment

aw man, 4 minutes too long to stick on a CD for the car. shame...
                                                                                  http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                    Off on my California/Vegas holiday in the morning. In case I don't post again before I go, catch you suckers on the 11th.
                                                                                    Will try not to break the place....not promising anything tho.

Have fun Dom

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                      I saw the most ruthless, assertive and abrupt woman I have ever come across reduced to a giggly, excited, slushy, lovey-dovey mess today by this wedding.

I called in to her office to deliver something and she was wearing headphones, streaming from skynews with all the latest coverage. She was gushing over the whole thing and I struggled not to laugh. I mean this is a woman that if you spelled a word incorrectly she would crucify you.

lol at how much of a fuss over nothing is made at the whole thing.
                                                                                      Was that my boss? You described her to a 'T'...

Comment

A lady that knows how to keep a man happy..

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                          A lady that knows how to keep a man happy..

That pic must have been taken before he got married.

Comment

Ms Middleton, who wore a laced ivory-coloured dress with a train for the ceremony, became the first "commoner" to marry a prince close to the throne in more than 350 years. http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...breaking1.html

Lol I always thought Diana was a 'commoner'. Suppose I haven't given it much thought, though I'm really surprised illegitimate kids would be used as a link to royal descent

On her father's side, she was a descendant of King Charles II of England through four illegitimate sons:

Henry Fitzroy, 1st Duke of Grafton, son by Barbara Villiers, 1st Duchess of Cleveland
                                                                                            Charles Lennox, 1st Duke of Richmond and Lennox, son by Louise de Kérouaille
                                                                                            Charles Beauclerk, 1st Duke of St Albans, son by Nell Gwyn
                                                                                            James Crofts-Scott, 1st Duke of Monmouth, leader of the famous Monmouth Rebellion in 1685, son by Lucy Walter
                                                                                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diana_Spencer
                                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Withnail and I on Film4 at 11.10.

Comment

Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 29-04-11, 21:54.

Comment

Some bitching on the late late tonight!

Comment

$8.80 omaha rebuy on stars starting in 4 mins

Only 25 players reg'd and it's a $3.5k gtd

60 mins late reg but still should be an overlay in it

Comment

$8.80 omaha rebuy on stars starting in 4 mins

Only 25 players reg'd and it's a $3.5k gtd

60 mins late reg but still should be an overlay in it
                                                                                                      Sure there is an omaha tournament on some small site that has €2k guarantee and only get around 40 runners evernite - for a €10 FO... sick value.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                                        Sure there is an omaha tournament on some small site that has €2k guarantee and only get around 40 runners evernite - for a €10 FO... sick value.
                                                                                                        May need a PM unless you want to keep it all for yourself

Comment

Could anyone tell me if traffic noise from the nearby M50 would be a problem on Harold's Grange Road in Rathfarnham? I'm just wondering about the asking price for these properties:

I'm not actively looking at all, but seems to be reasonably priced compared to current asking prices in the general area (personally think these might be a bargain if you could get them at €250K, though then again I might be way off!) and I imagine they'll sell pretty quickly around asking unless there is something wrong with them that I can't see.
                                                                                                          I live nearby. Definite noise issues in that location so close to the M50 but then again given the small oddly shaped garden and the terraced nature of the houses maybe it wouldn't be such a big issue for you. Marlay park is very nice and it's a lovely area.
                                                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

...
                                                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                              Haven't seen that hair back and forth gif in ages.

Angry Ball you were always good for it?

Will also throw this in for good measure

Sure while we are at it may as well include this

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

That's a magnificent arse, well played.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                                                  That's a magnificent arse, well played.
                                                                                                                  A delightful young lady.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                    Oh no!! If the site goes down lads we're fucked. Just so you know.

Comment

Whos this Danny?
                                                                                                                      ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                                                                                                                      I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                        I live nearby. Definite noise issues in that location so close to the M50 but then again given the small oddly shaped garden and the terraced nature of the houses maybe it wouldn't be such a big issue for you. Marlay park is very nice and it's a lovely area.
                                                                                                                        These are the kinds of houses I feel like I'd buy when ready to do so (maybe in 1-2 years or so) - I think the price of property is going to continue to drift down during this time - but the sellers of the property would be fools to accept the price I would offer them today (the price I'd hope to buy a similar property in 18 months time, around €230K - €250K) given that they could surely achieve close to asking from others right now.

What asking prices for 3-beds like this (and http://www.daft.ie/1588878) do is really make a mockery of most of the apartment asking prices in South Dublin - I currently live in a house in Mount Saint Annes, a really nice place to live, but the asking prices for apartments here are just mental! Loads of unsold apartments due to the crazy prices they are looking for: http://www.daft.ie/1567583 - you would need to hate, HATE, money to pay even half of that IMHO...

Comment

Oh no!! If the site goes down lads we're fucked. Just so you know.
                                                                                                                          Zod will fix it for €30 and a kitkat.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X