X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Opr View Post
    wtf, thats my favorite season ?

Edit - For those watching Fringe its in serious trouble of getting cancelled. Has just been moved to Friday night which is traditionally where shows are sent to die

Opr

That is awful news.
    I had a feeling the current arc mightnt go over too well but there is some seriously clever writing behind it.
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

balls. 3 day week. boss claims that if I take friday and monday off, I can claim at social welfare for saturday too? how long is it gonna take me to get this claim through?
      http://mobro.co/zuroph
      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
        balls. 3 day week. boss claims that if I take friday and monday off, I can claim at social welfare for saturday too? how long is it gonna take me to get this claim through?
        How long have you been working fulltime? how many weeks stamps do you have in other words?
        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
          How long have you been working fulltime? how many weeks stamps do you have in other words?
          since 20. plenty of stamps
          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

another political prop bet that I mooted yesterday

anyone want to give me odds on FF getting zero, one or two seats in Dublin?

there are 47 seats up for grabs in Dublin (this includes Dun Laoghaire) so obviously I'd be looking for pretty decent double-figure odds. Brian Lenihan is an existing Dublin TD as are current ministers Mary Hanafin, Pat Carey, John Curran and Conor Lenihan. Not to mention a certain B Ahern

FF currently hold the following 18 seats (was 19 at the 2007 GE but one TD died in office):

Dublin Central; B Ahern
            Dublin Central: C Brady
            Dublin MW: J Curran
            Dublin North: M Kennedy
            Dublin North: D O'Brien
            Dublin NC: S Haughey
            Dublin NE: M Woods
            Dublin NW: N Ahern
            Dublin NW: P Carey
            Dublin S: T Kitt
            Dublin SC: S Ardagh
            Dublin SC: M Mulcahy
            Dublin SE: C Andrews
            Dublin SW: C Lenihan
            Dublin SW: C O'Connor
            Dublin W: B Lenihan
            Dun Laoghaire: M Hanafin
            Dun Laoghaire: B Andrews

any takers?
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

How long are you in Limerick, that you didnt know of fitz?

we should all head in some night IMO.
              I've been here since January, but I was working 60 hours a week for a lot of it.

Only starting to have a bit of free time again now and enjoyed the IPB game so said I wouldn't mind getting back into a bit of live play.

I'm up for all heading in some night as well.

Comment

You should be able to claim for the two days then without problem.IIRC,you can work/claim for a maximum of 5 days per week.

I'd ring Citizens Info on 1890 777 121 before I do anything.Can't stress how useful that number is.

Comment

What's that, like 90 years?

Comment

AJ, if you're around - I'm also looking to increase my exposure to Labour

happy to take as much money as you like on our 40 seats bet

I'd also like a price on LAB getting more than 50 seats

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                      Reading way too much into it imo, as a character....to compare him to...the Scotish play....way overboard imo.
                      Yea, he is much more a Lear than a Macbeth. Genius either way and every bit as great as any of the other seasons.
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                        Id say between 2 and 3 most nights anyway.

Also Keane if your interested, Theres a Limerick boards Football game that we play every Monday evening in the new Delta pitches.

Theres a thread in the Limerick board on Boards and theres a group aswell. Theres usually room to play so you should put your name down for 1 of the weeks.
                        Cool I joined that group now - might give it a spin next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                          reasonably funny thread on the old boards:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2056065871
                          bit anit climatic.
                          I was hoping for some complete and utter embarrasment as it turned out Gordon was sitting beside her in an internet cafe or something
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                            AJ, if you're around - I'm also looking to increase my exposure to Labour

happy to take as much money as you like on our 40 seats bet

I'd also like a price on LAB getting more than 50 seats
                            Where has your beloved leader, Dame Edna, disappeared to? Have they decided to hide away until after the election?

That prick Reilly was a fucking disgrace on the radio this morning, basically saying 'Fuck Ireland, Fuck Europe we are going to play petty civil war politics with this'.
                            I could be moved to supporting FF for the first time in my life, if these imbeciles don't cop on.
                            Why is it that the masses are always hysterical morons?

Comment

just had the confirmation call from the boss. Can't give me a timeline on how long this 3 day week is going to be in place for. fuck sake. just in time for xmas. ugh.
                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                Where has your beloved leader, Dame Edna, disappeared to? Have they decided to hide away until after the election?

That prick Reilly was a fucking disgrace on the radio this morning, basically saying 'Fuck Ireland, Fuck Europe we are going to play petty civil war politics with this'.
                                I could be moved to supporting FF for the first time in my life, if these imbeciles don't cop on.
                                People are stupid, throw rocks at them.

Comment

Whenever I hear of the Koreans squaring up to each other, it reminds me of the book Gullivers Travells by Swift. The Liliputians and the Blefusudians fought over which end of the egg to crack open. These feckers have nuclear weapons. (the Koreans not the Liliputians) I do hope they weren't fighting over the Irish situation.
                                  Kim is a looney (ya see never put wimmin or men with wimmins name in charge - remember Thatcher)

Wanna change my handle to IMFucked. have any of you booked it yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                    they're as bad as the "I'd love to get a tattoo but it would really have to mean something to me" faggots.

It's just a tattoo.

meh, maybe i am a faggot then, me oul fella has a shitload of tattoos, a lot of them asenine and pointless, Andy Cap, swallows, all sorts of random shit. From a young age I was aware he hated and regretted them.
                                    I suppose I dont wanna get something that i think cool and ironic now but end up looking & feeling like an idiot in later life.
                                    e.g
                                    I think that tattoo is clever

However, I'm aware it's only clever now, or actually a few years ago, now it's ironic (which is another phrase i hate, but I digress).

The point is, getting a tattoo of a band, a football team, a shitty 'tribal' design, the lyrics to a current pop hit or whatever just to get a tattoo is moronic in my opinion.
                                    If you are going to get something engraved on your fucking skin, at least make sure it's something that you will not later regret.

tl;dr
                                    cliffs: I'm a faggot

Comment

I'm not in FG and you know my opinion of Edna . I'd prefer to see Vardkar as leader. (Or Bruton but he's obviously fucked up)

and yeah, somehow the budget is going to have to pass. FG will just have to hold their noses and deal with it.

Comment

just had the confirmation call from the boss. Can't give me a timeline on how long this 3 day week is going to be in place for. fuck sake. just in time for xmas. ugh.
                                        ul Zuroph, hope it works out for you

Comment

btw; all of the 3 remaining Irish banks now trending to zero as full nationalisation looms

there used to be a joke index called the BARF (AIB, Anglo, Bank of Ireland, Irish Life).

It's now worth €1.44

four years ago it would have been about €80

the only potential take-out I can see for private investors is the non-banking business at Irish Life. That's fundamentally sound.

Comment

I'm not in FG and you know my opinion of Edna . I'd prefer to see Vardkar as leader. (Or Bruton but he's obviously fucked up)

and yeah, somehow the budget is going to have to pass. FG will just have to hold their noses and deal with it.
                                            I know but you are the nearest thing we have to an out of the closet Blueshirt here

What do you make of Reilly?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                              meh, maybe i am a faggot then, me oul fella has a shitload of tattoos, a lot of them asenine and pointless, Andy Cap, swallows, all sorts of random shit. From a young age I was aware he hated and regretted them.
                                              I suppose I dont wanna get something that i think cool and ironic now but end up looking & feeling like an idiot in later life.
                                              e.g
                                              I think that tattoo is clever

However, I'm aware it's only clever now, or actually a few years ago, now it's ironic (which is another phrase i hate, but I digress).

The point is, getting a tattoo of a band, a football team, a shitty 'tribal' design, the lyrics to a current pop hit or whatever just to get a tattoo is moronic in my opinion.
                                              If you are going to get something engraved on your fucking skin, at least make sure it's something that you will not later regret.

tl;dr
                                              cliffs: I'm a faggot
                                              I've met you and I think you're a cool guy, so don't take that post to heart.

I doubt you're the type to bleat on endlessly to anybody they see who has a tattoo about how much they'd like to get one but are afraid of what it will look like when they're 80 or similar crap. Even if you are, it's not exacty what I'd use as the defining factor in deciding what I think of you as a person.

If I've offended you I can clarify because I didn't articulate particularly well last night, but I assume it's not a big deal?

Also, I don't use the word faggot as a pejorative against gay people - I use it more in the bikers on South Park way. Just for the record...

Comment

That sucks man, hopefully it'll come back around again in the new year.

Comment

I know but you are the nearest thing we have to an out of the closet Blueshirt here

more like a closet brownshirt I'd say

Reilly is the FG equivalent of Willie O'Dea

Comment

I see where you are coming from but surely this is irrelevant.

Comment

more like a closet brownshirt I'd say

Reilly is the FG equivalent of Willie O'Dea
                                                      confirmation

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                        confirmation
                                                        vote for me and I'll put up a statue to Ronnie Drew in Mulligans

Comment

vote for me and I'll put up a statue to Ronnie Drew in Mulligans
                                                          Throw in one of Rory Gallagher and you got my vote.

Comment

Tattoos in vogue were the celtic designs of some breed look thick imo.
                                                            Some chinese writing probably saying Wong drew this not strength of 10 ninjas

In women the auld tramp stamp above the crack of there arse which they then have to show
                                                            Never myself seen a tattoo that looked well tattoos say to me sailor convict and knacker scumbag in that order maybe im wrong
                                                            earrings in men are wrong too them diamond ones look pathetic

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post

In women the auld tramp stamp above the crack of there arse which they then have to show
                                                              Never myself seen a tattoo that looked well tattoos say to me sailor convict and knacker scumbag in that order maybe im wrong
                                                              What do you think of wearing the same Irish Rugby jersey for 12 consecutive weeks Michael?

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                What do you think of wearing the same Irish Rugby jersey for 12 consecutive weeks Michael?
                                                                Patriotic possibly unhygenic

Comment

tattoos say to me sailor convict and knacker scumbag in that order maybe im wrong
                                                                  That says more about you than it says about anybody else obv.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                    I know what you mean. If Chopper Challenge didn't have a leaderboard, i wouldn't have felt the need to keep playing until i beat Bubblrkings score

Comment

That says more about you than it says about anybody else obv.
                                                                      Well many naval service men would have the name of there ship say uss new jersey on there arm many prisoners get tattoos for say gang affiliation or tatts for the crimes they have done
                                                                      scum bag brits would say have an auld union jack and a bull dog or such

Comment

Well many naval service men would have the name of there ship say uss new jersey on there arm many prisoners get tattoos for say gang affiliation or tatts for the crimes they have done
                                                                        scum bag brits would say have an auld union jack and a bull dog or such
                                                                        All very true.

Although ignoring the fact that the vast majority of people who have tattoos wouldn't fall into any of these three categories seems pretty retarded.

Also fairly arbitrary - like, why sailors or prisoners rather than bikers?
                                                                        Last edited by Keane; 23-11-10, 11:15.

Comment

Tattoo's are ok, its the stupid tattoo's that people plaster themselves with that give them a bad rep.

Comment

I've met you and I think you're a cool guy, so don't take that post to heart.

I doubt you're the type to bleat on endlessly to anybody they see who has a tattoo about how much they'd like to get one but are afraid of what it will look like when they're 80 or similar crap. Even if you are, it's not exacty what I'd use as the defining factor in deciding what I think of you as a person.

If I've offended you I can clarify because I didn't articulate particularly well last night, but I assume it's not a big deal?

Also, I don't use the word faggot as a pejorative against gay people - I use it more in the bikers on South Park way. Just for the record...
                                                                            no biggie man.
                                                                            It wasn't written as a rant and I have no issue with people who choose to have a tattoo for whatever reasons. Just as long as my reasons for not getting a tattoo are given equal time. I suppose I'm as equally likely to say cool tat man as that's going to look fucking stupid when you are older. It would depend on the person obviously and how well I knew them and the type of person they are.
                                                                            I have a lot of mates who have tattoos, indeed a few who are tatoo artists so I have this debate more than most people.
                                                                            Don't worry, a claim on your homosexuality on the BBV is a badge of honor, just ask Icarus

Comment

no biggie man.
                                                                              It wasn't written as a rant and I have no issue with people who choose to have a tattoo for whatever reasons. Just as long as my reasons for not getting a tattoo are given equal time. I suppose I'm as equally likely to say cool tat man as that's going to look fucking stupid when you are older. It would depend on the person obviously and how well I knew them and the type of person they are.
                                                                              I have a lot of mates who have tattoos, indeed a few who are tatoo artists so I have this debate more than most people.
                                                                              Don't worry, a claim on your homosexuality on the BBV is a badge of honor, just ask Icarus
                                                                              Good stuff.

I guess the bit in bold is the bit that my post wasn't clear about - my description was of droolers who just talk about it inanely rather than thinking folk like yourself.

Comment

All very true.

Although ignoring the fact that the vast majority of people who have tattoos wouldn't fall into none of these three categories seems pretty retarded.

Also fairly arbitrary - like, why sailors or prisoners rather than bikers?
                                                                                Well these traditionally were people who had tattoos and some pacific islanders polenisians
                                                                                Maoris some of the native tattoos are impressive
                                                                                what actually is worse than tattoos is them things that make holes in your ears bigger
                                                                                did they borrow that off Papua new guinea or what looks rediculous

Comment

I would take considerable offence to someone calling me a sailor

Comment

Well these traditionally were people who had tattoos and some pacific islanders polenisians
                                                                                    what actually is worse than tattoos is them things that make holes in your ears bigger
                                                                                    Right, I don't think there's much point carrying on with this...

nvm

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                                                                      I would take considerable offence to someone calling me a sailor
                                                                                      In fairness Damo you'd look unreal in one of these:

Comment

a tattoo of a mickey on your mickey would be pointless imo

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

What are your thoughts on Lydia the Tatooed Lady?.

Comment

In fairness Damo you'd look unreal in one of these:

Might try one on and send photos for mucho deniro

Comment

I am glad I didn't go down the tatoo route myself as I know loads of people who regret the J1 brand they chose to get. Nice to remember the good times so I guess when they are older and a little senile it may be even nicer to have a memory jump start. These people are not sailors, knackers etc but now mainly accountants, doctors etc and fine upstanding professionals who wear a shirt to work so its no big deal.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4zRe_wvJw8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4zRe_wvJw8[/ame]

Comment

Methinks you know very little about the traditions or origins of tattoos.
                                                                                                  An easy mistake as the etymology of the word comes from there.
                                                                                                  However, the idea itself is much much older, there was a caveman frozen in the alps found with tattoos

Comment

Ul Zuroph, the welfare is calculated over 6 days and not 5. I had the misfortune of placing someone on short time a few weeks back on the same terms and they get 3 days from the welfare. It turns out she is only down a few quid although it can take up to 13 weeks to process.

If you have anyone decent working in payroll they will tell you what your take home pay will be on a 3 day week then just add your 3 days welfare and it will give you an idea of what the weekly gap in earnings will be.

There is only a certain amount of time they can keep you on a 3 day week (worth checking out i think it is 13 weeks) before you can request redundancy and they have to pay or else move you back to full time employment.

Sucks balls I know, I just got word that one of the large multiples is centralising some of our business which means more cuts 1st week in January

Comment

Think I will use my ms paint skills to make you into a sailor

Comment

I for one would pay cash money to see you looking provocative in a sailor suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                                                                          I am glad I didn't go down the tatoo route myself as I know loads of people who regret the J1 brand they chose to get. Nice to remember the good times so I guess when they are older and a little senile it may be even nicer to have a memory jump start. These people are not sailors, knackers etc but now mainly accountants, doctors etc and fine upstanding professionals who wear a shirt to work so its no big deal.
                                                                                                          Well i remember an old soccer coach of mine a dublin chap got a scatter of tats when he was younger and worked in a factory
                                                                                                          but because of policy he always had to wear a long sleeved shirt at all times
                                                                                                          other guys could saunter around in a wife beater while hed be sweating like a drunk Brian Cowan in summer
                                                                                                          accountants probably geta tattoo to liven up there dull existence crazy basterds

Comment

I'm an awful spa when I'm drunk.

Managed to chat to the ex on facebook last night for about an hour, can't remember what about. Text on my Irish phone when I woke up saying "Guess I'll see you at Christmas so...". I have no idea what way this is going.

Also managed to arrange a NSA date with a girl I am absolutely afraid of. The penis has a much stronger will with a few drinks on board.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                              Think I will use my ms paint skills to make you into a sailor
                                                                                                              I'll have to get you to give me a few photobomb lessons and such.We could cause havoc.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                                                                a tattoo of a mickey on your mickey would be pointless imo
                                                                                                                Maybe,but if your name was Mickey then having a tattoo on your mickey saying Mickey would be kinda cool.No?

Comment

Methinks you know very little about the traditions or origins of tattoos.
                                                                                                                  An easy mistake as the etymology of the word comes from there.
                                                                                                                  However, the idea itself is much much older, there was a caveman frozen in the alps found with tattoos
                                                                                                                  Tattoos are one of the few things that every human society we know about has in common.
                                                                                                                  "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Managed to chat to the ex on facebook last night for about an hour, can't remember what about. Text on my Irish phone when I woke up saying "Guess I'll see you at Christmas so...". I have no idea what way this is going.

Also managed to arrange a NSA date with a girl I am absolutely afraid of. The penis has a much stronger will with a few drinks on board.
                                                                                                                    Wp Emmet on the Christmas wedding

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                                      I for one would pay cash money to see you looking provocative in a sailor suit.
                                                                                                                      Confirmed poof

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

double result. You gotta love the scotish for the NSA dates

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
                                                                                                                          Wp Emmet on the Christmas wedding
                                                                                                                          Jesus, what a thought that would be.

"Till Debt do us part"....

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X