Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jesus christ these people don't deserve free fees.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
      Seriously though if you're worried about what others will think of your tattoo you simply shouldn't get one.
      I think it's a fundamental prerequisite for getting a tattoo that the person cares what other people think of it. They may not understand their motive consciously, but the idea that having a tattoo / nice clothes / nice hair etc. is about anything other than impression management is pretty wide of the mark imo.

Even those who cover themselves in awful tattoos are doing the same, even though they're communicating life tilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
        I assume you are referring to the mortage defaults and IFSC multi national banks mismanagement?
        I wasn't referring to the IFSC at all although I'd be very interested to know what you're talking about; is there another Depfa or Sachsen LB out there?
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
          Next to no chance of getting a ticket unless you know a charitable member of the club, but i could be wrong on that. Pretty sure members and season ticket holders get the lot long before they go on general sale second hand tickets cost a small fortune. Not as sure on the madrid end though so hopefully i'm wrong.

Also keep in mind the game could be on a saturday sunday or monday and will get decided around two weeks before the fixture is due to be played because of the shambolic way the league is run.
          Thanks Sledgejammer. The dates are flexible so that's not a problem. I think you are right about the prices though. There are still tickets available for the game next Monday but they are quite expensive:

http://www.tixdaq.com/fc-barcelona-v...-2010/E-70788/

I suppose you could go over on the off-chance of getting tickets outside the stadium on the day.

Comment

One of my customers (i write stupid stock control systems) is an alcohol importer, and they have just told me they have heard word that excise duty on alcohol is going to return to last years level at midnight tonight, cancelling out last budgets sizeable decreases.

May just be nonsense, but if you usually buy a few bottles on the way home on Thursday or Friday then it might be worth your while buying them tonight.

This may turn out to be a totally false rumour.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              I was planning on playing in the Fitz satellite to their 500 game tomorrow night
              But I can only win 550? After trudging through a donkament?? No thanks. Is there not some 50 game tonight with serious amounts of student types playing with their lunch money tonight that I can knock some craic out of and maybe win 1k+?
              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

seaman
                irwin terry adams A cole
                keane giggs lampard gerard
                shearer x2 owen

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                  One of my customers (i write stupid stock control systems) is an alcohol importer, and they have just told me they have heard word that excise duty on alcohol is going to return to last years level at midnight tonight, cancelling out last years sizeable decreases.

May just be nonsense, but if you usually buy a few bottles on the way home on Thursday or Friday then it might be worth your while buying them tonight.

This may turn out to be a totally false romour.
                  if you're habitually buying a few bottles of spirits on the way home, i wouldn't say you give a shite about the level of excise!

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                    But I can only win 550? After trudging through a donkament?? No thanks. Is there not some 50 game tonight with serious amounts of student types playing with their lunch money tonight that I can knock some craic out of and maybe win 1k+?
                    you're supposed to do the needling at the table

the Tuesday night game is shite, I played it once and never again

edit; should you not be studying anyway?! exam in two weeks, no?

Comment

I'll just go spew in the cash game for a few hours so. Attention Noel Hayes free money in the fitz.
                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Anyone make a case for Paul McGrath, I was tempted ?

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Opr
                          I'll buy him a case of wine before the excise goes up.

Comment

Originally posted by niav View Post
                            Thanks Sledgejammer. The dates are flexible so that's not a problem. I think you are right about the prices though. There are still tickets available for the game next Monday but they are quite expensive:

http://www.tixdaq.com/fc-barcelona-v...-2010/E-70788/

I suppose you could go over on the off-chance of getting tickets outside the stadium on the day.
                            If money's no object, that's your best bet, but you'll be paying super high for them. Your best bet, if Real operate like Barcelona do, is to be glued to their official website. For Barca home matches the members get first choice on tickets, and in the week leading up to the match the tickets refused by members appear on sale on the general site and if the games big are snapped up within hours usually, so basically keeping checking the official website, in the last week they appear at random times so it's worth constantly checking. Tickets outside the ground are apparently very very costly, and you can see alot of the tickets start insanely high for these matches anyway.

Again, don't mean to put a dampener on here, but a few things to keep in mind are...Real have more Spanish support than Barca do, their stadium has ~20,000 less seats, the game will likely not be on a monday and it'll very likely be very close in a tense title run in. I'd expect tickets for that game to be a lot harder to get than this one but like I said, the official website is probably your best bet assuming they operate a similar policy with member tickets to Barcelona and hope some members give up their tickets and you're in at the right time to nab them at face value. Good luck anyway, if you get tickets it's supposed to be some atmosphere.
                            "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

edit; should you not be studying anyway?! exam in two weeks, no?
                              Yeah fucked. Failed miserably to cram for it I'll be joining you guys in June 2011. Sign me up for the IPB study group forum.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                I've had mine for 18 years now, roughly half my life, and I still love it, so you can stick it up your gash.

Seriously though if you're worried about what others will think of your tattoo you simply shouldn't get one.

People who ridicule others for having tattoos make me lol hard.
                                Fk right off, and mind your own business imo.

The above isn't directed towards you btw Iago!
                                Absolutely agree (apart from the sticking up my gash bit that is )

If you're worried about what other people will think then that's a sure sign that the tattoo is either wrong for you, or tattoos in general are wrong for you. I got my first when I was 22 and my second a few months ago so a big gap between them. Already thinking of my third though!! we'll see how it pans out!

oh man, you don't want to know what I think on this

you really don't
                                Ah go on, tell us sure....
                                Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Opr
                                  You have a lot more explaining to do about McManaman tbh.

Comment

Opr
                                    considered him but couldn't put him in ahead of adams and terry. Also palister and bruce would prolly drop him down to 5th choice

Comment

Took their sweet time delivering them, but my Anti Bailout Depression tablets are finally here!

SPOILER
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                        My favourite goal of all time along with Zizu's in the champions league final.
                                        one of my prize possesions is a signed photo of him about to pull the trigger for that goal

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                          Yeah fucked. Failed miserably to cram for it I'll be joining you guys in June 2011. Sign me up for the IPB study group forum.
                                          25 deepstack in the voodoo tonight. if you go you can buy me a pint.
                                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                            I think it's a fundamental prerequisite for getting a tattoo that the person cares what other people think of it. They may not understand their motive consciously, but the idea that having a tattoo / nice clothes / nice hair etc. is about anything other than impression management is pretty wide of the mark imo.

Even those who cover themselves in awful tattoos are doing the same, even though they're communicating life tilt.
                                            Hadn't got this far in the thread before my previous post.

I don't agree with your point, which isn't the same as saying you're wrong obviously (which given your get out jail free card i.e subconscious decisions would be difficult). I have two tattoos, neither of which are on display 99% of the time. I didn't get them for others to look at, comment on, think about or anything else. I got them because it was something I wanted to do for myself, because "I wanted to be individual, just like everyone else" I also think that nice clothes/nice hair/nice partner/nice car are a million miles away from the decision making regarding tattoos, or should be at any rate.

Of course you could be right, and subconsciously maybe I do want people to notice and react to my tattoos. If so it's buried way down inside though.

Comment

Opr
                                              He is on my bench. Says it all.

Comment

Originally posted by RBBlogger View Post
                                                Speaking of American T.V shows, you have to check out Boardwalk Empire. Its as good as soprano's
                                                It is in my hoop.
                                                Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                  Took their sweet time delivering them, but my Anti Bailout Depression tablets are finally here!
                                                  "You can afford to buy fake moustaches though huh?"

Comment

"You can afford to buy fake moustaches though huh?"
                                                    0.67 USD value and Description of Item was "Prankish".

Dealextreme, a great place to spend your last few centeens

Comment

This cheered me up

NSFW sorta

SPOILER

Comment

oh man, you don't want to know what I think on this

you really don't
                                                        No I have made the bold descision to put my head down, boycot the news and pretend that we are through the worst.
                                                        Definitley not a great solution but I watched the news at lunch today and was super pissed off for the next 2 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                          25 deepstack in the voodoo tonight. if you go you can buy me a pint.
                                                          Thanks for the info but you clearly dont know me Zod. I will never go to the voodoo and I'm not in the habit of buying people pints.

Comment

\"You can afford to buy fake moustaches though huh?\"
                                                            Some flash cnuts I know over extended themselves an went out and bought 10 or 15 fake moustaches. I could feel them looking down at me and my one fake moustache. Now they a looking for a bail-out. Well fcuk them is what I say. Fcuk them!
                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Having no tattoos is the new tattoos imo.
                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                oh yeah on the dark days of the eighties thing, i never really knew they were dark days tbh i was brought up it was pretty similiar to the eighties or at least i don't remember things being any brighter in the 70's to young i guess. i was on the dole for the 80's and 90's and making very good money at a sawmill as well i was drinking nonstop used to start on saturday evening at 6 go all night to about 3 in the morning get up back into the pub at 12 on sunday get home at about 3 in the morning get up monday go to the pub about dinnertime again get home about 1or2 in the morning get up on tues and work like a cunt again until saturday evening again. i used to also go out every week night and have 7-8 pints. so to answer your question i was very well off during that resession and to be perfectly honest the late 80's and most of the 90's are just a bit of a blur to me
                                                                So you scammed the state out of money for two decades...cool story bro

Comment

------------------------Seaman------------------------

---Irwin-------Adams---------Terry-------Cole------

--McManaman----Keane-----Scholes-------Giggs---

-------------------------Gerrard-----------------------

------------------------------Shearer------------------

Opr

GTFO, lock yerself up, Gerrard >>> Lamps. IMO

meant to quote C. Kids post. sorry. :-)
                                                                  Last edited by Solskjaer; 23-11-10, 17:32.

Comment

You have a lot more explaining to do about McManaman tbh.
                                                                    gtfo, his inclusion isn't controversial. The guy was incredible and one of the most gifted players I have watched with the ball at his feet. Just from a pure stats perspective this is stunning when you consider the team he played in at the time.

From Wikipedia - "At the time of leaving the Premiership he had the second highest ratio of Premier League assists per game, with 112 assists in 274 appearances, As of 2010, McManaman still holds 12th position on the Premiership's All Time Assists charts. McManaman also holds the record for greatest number of assists in Liverpool history"

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
                                                                      So you scammed the state out of money for two decades...cool story bro

Wasn't there a discussion a while back when a poker "pro" was claiming the dole too?

Comment

------------------------Seaman------------------------

---Irwin-------Adams---------Terry-------Cole------

--McManaman----Keane-----Scholes-------Giggs---

-------------------------Gerrard-----------------------

------------------------------Shearer------------------

Opr
                                                                        lol

Comment

I would have thought Bryan Robson would have got a bit of love too.

Comment

In all fairness McManaman was an excellent player, and that right wing spot isn't exactly overflowing with great options.

Comment

Anderton > McManaman

Comment

Can anyone tell me the name of the website you can buy ridic cheap blank cds from? Think I've seen it on here before. Cheers
                                                                                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

I don't agree with this.

It should be for yourself, and if it isn't, there's more of a chance you'll regret it later.
                                                                                  We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                                    Can anyone tell me the name of the website you can buy ridic cheap blank cds from? Think I've seen it on here before. Cheers
                                                                                    You can get 25 in tesco for about 6 quid.
                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                      You can get 25 in tesco for about 6 quid.
                                                                                      Just doing a project for college and we need to source suppliers for blank cd roms Would need at least 1,000. Cheers though
                                                                                      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                                                                        I would have thought Bryan Robson would have got a bit of love too.
                                                                                        He only had around one and a half (injury hit, past prime) seasons in the premier league though. He was really a waning force by the time the PL kicked off.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                          BustUw72: half ur stack
                                                                                          BustUw72: so reckless
                                                                                          BustUw72: when i ope n 19 bbs

Dealer: phiiilip2 has 15 seconds left to act
                                                                                          Dealer: muz 94 has 15 seconds left to act
                                                                                          Dealer: NeonNutSac has 15 seconds left to act
                                                                                          NeonNutSac: how much do I owe for this lesson?
                                                                                          Dealer: NeonNutSac wins the pot (3,000)
                                                                                          Dealer: Hand #25799021539
                                                                                          BustUw72: u prolly had no idea what i was saying anyway
                                                                                          Dealer: Maxo 21 wins the pot (3,000)
                                                                                          Dealer: Hand #25799031540
                                                                                          BustUw72: so its free
                                                                                          Dealer: widdaldemma wins the pot (2,000)
                                                                                          Dealer: Hand #25799039551
                                                                                          NeonNutSac: ty
                                                                                          NeonNutSac: now we're best friends for life
                                                                                          BustUw72: amen brother

Dealer: DerCommander has 15 seconds left to act
                                                                                          NeonNutSac: I have to win this tourney quick
                                                                                          Dealer: DerCommander wins the pot (8,825)
                                                                                          NeonNutSac: before the IMF come in

Quit stressin y'all. I'm gonna ship loadsa donkaments today and bail us out.

It's all an illusion

Comment

gtfo, his inclusion isn't controversial. The guy was incredible and one of the most gifted players I have watched with the ball at his feet. Just from a pure stats perspective this is stunning when you consider the team he played in at the time.

From Wikipedia - "At the time of leaving the Premiership he had the second highest ratio of Premier League assists per game, with 112 assists in 274 appearances, As of 2010, McManaman still holds 12th position on the Premiership's All Time Assists charts. McManaman also holds the record for greatest number of assists in Liverpool history"

Opr
                                                                                            Since you didn't include Beckham I really can't see a need to read that post, may as well delete it. Has to be rubbish.

Comment

I wasn't referring to the IFSC at all although I'd be very interested to know what you're talking about; is there another Depfa or Sachsen LB out there?

Apparently, there is a major fallout still to come
                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Tuned in to Liveline today for to hear some general outrage on our current situation and some lols of course.Some insignificant FF councillor allowed to say he thought Lenihan and Cowen were doing a fine job without any rebuff from Joe.The rest of the show was dedicated to Paul Gogarty who was live on the phone btw on why his daughter was on his knee at the Green press conference yesterday.Abandon ship the sheople could vote FF back in.

Comment

Probably the greatest horse-riding performance of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                    Anderton > McManaman
                                                                                                    brittle bone Darren?

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                      brittle bone Darren?
                                                                                                      Yup, he prob wasn't better but was a very good player. Would get injured in a gust of wind.

Comment

If Anderton wasn't injury prone he would have been one of the best England internationals of all time.

He is criminally under-rated due to his obvious injury proneness.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                                          If Anderton wasn't injury prone he would have been one of the best England internationals of all time.

He is criminally under-rated due to his obvious injury proneness.
                                                                                                          Totally agree.

Why did you want everyone to give their teams.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                                                            Since you didn't include Beckham I really can't see a need to read that post, may as well delete it. Has to be rubbish.
                                                                                                            Thanks, I have now seen the error of my ways due to your wonderful informative postings.

Opr

Comment

Yup, he prob wasn't better but was a very good player. Would get injured in a gust of wind.
                                                                                                              ture, every time he got going he was out of action.

you won't like the following.

I don't get the Lampard love at all. Someone point me to where he inspired Chelski to the Champions League and FA CUP and any meaningful performance for Engerland. Now when I say inspired. I mean HE took the game by the scruff of the neck and transformed it. Don't get me wrong he is a very good player but in comparison to Gerrard (which seems to be the common comparison) he lags behind. The mere fact that Liverpool nearly got the 2008 title was down to him and Torres and a lesser extend ALonso. THere is no way in hell Lampard could have done similar with the players Gerrard had around him
                                                                                                              Similarly I never got the hate for Kuyt, guy works his socks off. I guess we all have our opinions but I'm firmly on the Gerrard side in this debate. At times
                                                                                                              a sensation sometimes ordinary. If CHelski had got him, god help the BBV , CHD would have us all driven mad.

Comment

Totally agree.

Why did you want everyone to give their teams.
                                                                                                                Doing a draft on 2+2. It's been a bit hilarious so far.

Gerrard went 5th which made me LOL, Beckham went sixth which made me LOL and Le Tissier went 7th which made LOL even more, McManaman went 12th jesus, and then someone took Gary Neville at 13 and Ashley Cole at 14.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                                  ture, every time he got going he was out of action.

you won't like the following.

I don't get the Lampard love at all. Someone point me to where he inspired Chelski to the Champions League and FA CUP and any meaningful performance for Engerland. Now when I say inspired. I mean HE took the game by the scruff of the neck and transformed it. Don't get me wrong he is a very good player but in comparison to Gerrard (which seems to be the common comparison) he lags behind. The mere fact that Liverpool nearly got the 2008 title was down to him and Torres and a lesser extend ALonso. THere is no way in hell Lampard could have done similar with the players Gerrard had around him
                                                                                                                  Similarly I never got the hate for Kuyt, guy works his socks off. I guess we all have our opinions but I'm firmly on the Gerrard side in this debate. At times
                                                                                                                  a sensation sometimes ordinary. If CHelski had got him, god help the BBV , CHD would have us all driven mad.
                                                                                                                  Won't get into this again and wreck everyones head but I will say this.

Look at Chelsea's start to the league this year... Look at how we have done since Lampard has been out.

Also you criminally underrate Alonso there imo.

Comment

Name the states in the USA in 10 minutes

I missed eight.

Comment

TV Shows

Thought The Walking Dead ep this week was not up to standard, bit fearful its going to nosedive now for the rest of it.

Boardwalk Empire was very good.

The Trip was fucking excellent

Comment

Originally posted by kincsem View Post
                                                                                                                        Pearl Harbour isnt on it.

Comment

Won't get into this again and wreck everyones head but I will say this.

Look at Chelsea's start to the league this year... Look at how we have done since Lampard has been out.

Also you criminally underrate Alonso there imo.
                                                                                                                          by naming him as one of 3 players who inspired Liverpool.

Poor ol Joe COle is struggling without Essien and Co.

Chelski are strugging becuase they are getting old, like I told you at the start of the season feck they are top of the league . THeir defence is a joke atm. Injurys.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X