Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We should vote on stuff that was the funniest/most entertaining stuff, like internet cuddle! and greally good palm face pic's, Kev should compile a list and then we vote!

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
      posting should be fun and not a competition. .
      Agreed, but they arent to be taken seriously anyway, its not like people would put their 'title' in their sigs ala Boards.

Seems to be some interest, and while I'm still undecided if people want to throw out a few ideas for categories fire away.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
        People who put up Christmas Decorations in November are god dam idiots!
        why do people care so much. God knows we need cheering up, I usually start building up the colestoral from mid November, will deffo die at Christmas. lights up after Finnish Independance day in our place.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
          they are silly imo. posting should be fun and not a competition. I remember phantom lord and a few going mad a few years ago when I was even nominated
          what does he contribute lol. still nothing lads.

I prefer if ye just voted on a top 10 fav posts for lols.
          sure that was before i knew about maxi

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
            Agreed, but they arent to be taken seriously anyway, its not like people would put their 'title' in their sigs ala Boards.

Seems to be some interest, and while I'm still undecided if people want to throw out a few ideas for categories fire away.
            LOL and who might that be.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
              sure that was before i knew about maxi
              did yer Da tell you that or did I on here, that WAS funny.

Comment

Name the top Premiership goal scorers in 7 mins.

Comment

Thoughts please BBV. Should we do an IPB awards thingy? Obv wouldnt bother doing best player, best tournament or any of that jazz. But awards like best poster, etc.

Do ye think it would be worth doing or just meh?
                  For sure

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                  Yeah my router dropping off is a serious pain in the hole. It was fine/acceptable for months but the last 2 have been infuriating. EDIT: Just had a look at my client and it seems the swarm is flooded with leechers. Ugh time to look in to RS or newsgroups.

Sorry, I'm crap with linux but ime anything I have ever heard of, re: stuff not working correctly has been limited driver support for linux. Dell/HP for example modify a lot of the original drivers to suit their machines anyway for windows. Most of the time when I use linux is just an ubuntu boot cd to bypass security/permisions and/or recover whatever I can from a wonky hdd.
                  Seems about the same for mine, really stupid and annoying

You should try and look at getting an invite to a torrent group serious plus if you can speed wise.

As for RS/Newsgroups you will have tons of opinions here for it.

Is it handy enough to recover stuff from a busted laptop/desktop with a live CD? Never done it but could be handy thou.

Ubuntu is running pretty sweet for me just a small issue with video, bugging me when im watching something and its a little choppy

Originally posted by Wreck View Post
                  Was out for a walk this evening and passed a house with lights, decorations, the full works up, including a singing santa. Must drive the neighbours insane.
                  Im all for Christmas like getting in the spirit of it but come on people its getting ridiculous doing stuff like that so early, I could probably forgive them if it was at least into December!
                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Thoughts please BBV. Should we do an IPB awards thingy? Obv wouldnt bother doing best player, best tournament or any of that jazz. But awards like best poster, etc.

Do ye think it would be worth doing or just meh?
                    Maybe something along the lines of best 5 posts of the year. Not really as an awards thing, more just for people who may have missed some gems
                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

You can get 21% on the hot food if they put it through the blender. You have to ask for that though.

Comment

Barrys will change their hotel name after the apprentice tonight.

Comment

Wannabe scrooges click here and those all for xmas as early possible click here

For the record I love Christmas..but only in December
                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

@CHD: John Robert Bellend is just that, a bellend.

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                            Saw her when it was on last week, was going to say something but couldn't tear myself away.

What is she saying at 1:00?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJPx8seCT8&feature=related[/ame]
                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

For sure

Seems about the same for mine, really stupid and annoying

You should try and look at getting an invite to a torrent group serious plus if you can speed wise.

As for RS/Newsgroups you will have tons of opinions here for it.

Is it handy enough to recover stuff from a busted laptop/desktop with a live CD? Never done it but could be handy thou.

Ubuntu is running pretty sweet for me just a small issue with video, bugging me when im watching something and its a little choppy

Im all for Christmas like getting in the spirit of it but come on people its getting ridiculous doing stuff like that so early, I could probably forgive them if it was at least into December!
                              Just thinking that maybe the driver struggles with with the hardware and that is just it's limitation. VLC used to be choppy/ghey as fuck on my old laptop(serious hardware limitation!) which was archaic but I switched to media player classic and never looked back. Even .mkv files were a breeze, we are talking 1.73GHz centrino single core from 05' with 1gb ram + int graphics. Maybe a different player will be better suited like Media Player Classic(it used way less resources than VLC for me in xp) or maybe there are is an optimized group of settings that can be applied to VLC to get it tuned up properly for Linux.

As for recovering files it comes down to how fucked up your hdd is basically. There are a plethora of programs for recovering info and regenerating bad sectors, etc. Usually if I fancy a drive as busto I will boot off Hiren's boot cd, run some of the HDD tools and see what I can find out about it's health. If I hook up the drive externally to another machine (windows) and it is particularly dodge, invariably it will crash explorer, not install drivers for itself or give crc errors etc when transferring - that is after you apply all the appropriate ownerships to the respective files you require which can take a bit of time. Simply leaving the hdd in the machine and booting off an ubuntu disk and having an ext hdd to save to, it will skip/ignore some bad files or notify you when to skip files. Also you do not have worry about security permissions/ownerships of files. FWIW, if I will try to recover what I can first before I try anything like HDD regenerator or such programs and then afterwards for consolidation. We usually get the usual, my college thesis was there they told me to back it up or baby photos etc when the hdd is goosed, Murphy's law.

The moral of the story is back it to fuck up if it is important to you as EVERY HARD DRIVE WILL FUCK UP EVENTUALLY, they are a mechanical part. I have a mate who is a semi pro photographer, always has minimum of 3 backups of each shot including online otherwise well he ain't gonna be much of a photographer without photos, like the dog who ate my homework/pencil.
                              Last edited by coillcam; 15-11-10, 22:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                What is she saying at 1:00?
                                I'm guessing you're one of those fecking townies

She says "shur we can't have wan baysth (means beast) on it".

Translated: "we can't keep any of our livestock on the land because of the flooding"

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                  You can't have wan baste shtanding translates as "You can't have one beast (animal) standing"

That's what it sound like to me anyways, and I speak fairly fluent culchie.

Comment

Seeing as there isnt many of us about, only ones I can think of are Jamie Carra, Reaps, Liono and myself I will nominate myself for best Northern Irish poster, although imo Jamie Carra has best Northern Irish player that posts on here all to himself
                                    Last edited by Guest; 15-11-10, 22:11. Reason: spelling error

Comment

I am claiming the best dig at BCB award .

Comment

Anybody here use dropbox?
                                        Just downloaded it, looks like a pretty cool piece of kit. Basically allows you to upload files onto a "cloud" so that you can share and access them from anywhere.

Kind of like a easily accessible rapidshare of sorts.

Anyway if anyone wants to try it out, if you use this link you get an extra 250mb storage free (so do I)
                                        Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

That oul wan's accent is fantastic.
                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Anyone up for a turbo WW tomorrow night? serious WW,not drunken WW.20 min days etc. Maybe 7pm?
                                            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

This Girl Talk album is class!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zosma View Post
                                                This Girl Talk album is class!!!
                                                2.5 years in the making!

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                  Anyone up for a turbo WW tomorrow night? serious WW,not drunken WW.20 min days etc. Maybe 7pm?
                                                  LOL

Comment

I am in Icky.

Im not in you. In for WW.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                      Just thinking that maybe the driver struggles with with the hardware and that is just it's limitation. VLC used to be choppy/ghey as fuck on my old laptop(serious hardware limitation!) which was archaic but I switched to media player classic and never looked back. Even .mkv files were a breeze, we are talking 1.73GHz centrino single core from 05' with 1gb ram + int graphics. Maybe a different player will be better suited like Media Player Classic(it used way less resources than VLC for me in xp) or maybe there are is an optimized group of settings that can be applied to VLC to get it tuned up properly for Linux.

As for recovering files it comes down to how fucked up your hdd is basically. There are a plethora of programs for recovering info and regenerating bad sectors, etc. Usually if I fancy a drive as busto I will boot off Hiren's boot cd, run some of the HDD tools and see what I can find out about it's health. If I hook up the drive externally to another machine (windows) and it is particularly dodge, invariably it will crash explorer, not install drivers for itself or give crc errors etc when transferring - that is after you apply all the appropriate ownerships to the respective files you require which can take a bit of time. Simply leaving the hdd in the machine and booting off an ubuntu disk and having an ext hdd to save to, it will skip/ignore some bad files or notify you when to skip files. Also you do not have worry about security permissions/ownerships of files. FWIW, if I will try to recover what I can first before I try anything like HDD regenerator or such programs and then afterwards for consolidation. We usually get the usual, my college thesis was there they told me to back it up or baby photos etc when the hdd is goosed, Murphy's law.

The moral of the story is back it to fuck up if it is important to you as EVERY HARD DRIVE WILL FUCK UP EVENTUALLY, they are a mechanical part. I have a mate who is a semi pro photographer, always has minimum of 3 backups of each shot including online otherwise well he ain't gonna be much of a photographer without photos, like the dog who ate my homework/pencil.
                                                      Its kinda weird im guessing its to do with that its not native to Ubuntu and will have to work around it some how. Just getting use to this so will defo take a bit of time but was just looking for the quick fix for now.

My graphics card wouldnt be the best I would imagine remember was having serious trouble with it for a long time with Vista it just hung all the time and crashed my system out

But im guessing after awhile with some of the updates that came out that ATI finally got around to addressing the problem.

It would run super sweet on my Windows 7 system and no display problems at all. What I eventually want is just to migrate over to an iMac when I run into some serious money or get back to some winning in poker, so for now I dont want to be putting money into my system ie upgrading to 4gb ram + new graphics card.

The reason why I was asking about data retrival, was working on a friends laptop the other day, she seriously hadnt dont anything to it in ages and was full of redundant crap/slow as fuck/full of trojans, malware, virus got that all cleaned up and then boom blue screened on me.

Wouldnt have all the tools to do certain stuff but can do a bit, she managed to just get all her pics off and stuff so gonna format it for her just so its some kind of laptop again.

Would you have any Windows XP keys by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                                        LOL
                                                        Pardon? I can't understand you with your funny accent.Everything sounds like "shoower hoo de hoo".
                                                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                          Just to clarify, i've no problems with Scots wearing kilts, its just plain retarded when Irish lads do it cos 'their grandfather once worked in Edinburgh for two weeks".
                                                          I do.

Originally posted by Wreck View Post
                                                          Just on XFactor, what were the odds on Aiden going last night? Must have been massive. A friend told me there was a leak saying he was in the bottom of the public vote but I didn't listen!

We are getting hammered by the All Blacks at the weekend, can't see anything else.
                                                          It shouldn't have been massive, he was beyond dire. He was dire every week bar one.
                                                          Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                          Just downloaded it, looks like a pretty cool piece of kit. Basically allows you to upload files onto a "cloud" so that you can share and access them from anywhere.

Anyway if anyone wants to try it out, if you use this link you get an extra 250mb storage free (so do I)
                                                          Downloaded it but haven't used it. Was considering using it in conjunction with keypass.

Originally posted by bantee View Post
                                                          I'm guessing you're one of those fecking townies

She says "shur we can't have wan baysth (means beast) on it".

Translated: "we can't keep any of our livestock on the land because of the flooding"
                                                          Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                          You can't have wan baste shtanding translates as "You can't have one beast (animal) standing"

That's what it sound like to me anyways, and I speak fairly fluent culchie.

Funnily, that was what I first thought she said (when I was watching it live last week), but I thought it was just too awesome to be possible and started second guessing it and hearing it as other less awesome things.

She's some client.

Comment

Actually just downloaded this too, in order to import some ebooks onto my phone, it's pretty cool. Unfortunately did it before I saw your post.
                                                            "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

I know the 2 people behind the McEvoy meals in 5 mins. Feel sorry for them having their product butchered by these imbeciles. Still no publicity is bad publicity

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                2.5 years in the making!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Day
                                                                From reading around, it sounds like his older stuff is better.

Comment

What do people know about this http://www.pixmania.ie/video-game-ps...379_jvart.html ps3 jailbreak dongle - will I still be able to play ps3 online etc?

Comment

Any recommendations on which of his other albums to download?

Comment

Been a fan for 2/3 years now.

Feed the Animals is a serious Album.

Nightripper was the first I got into.

The stuff before that is brutal though, just lacks flow hugely!

They're all available for free on that site. Go nuts!

Edit - add this
                                                                      [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjHj-f6gLkI[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                        Pardon? I can't understand you with your funny accent.Everything sounds like "shoower hoo de hoo".
                                                                        Thats probably because there is some guy with his cock in your ear right now

Comment

Feed the animals is very good not really a fan of the others.

Comment

Is there anywhere else to download it from? The download link on his site keeps crashing for me

Comment

oh FFS Bill Cullen "Are yiz asking people to walk all over the Irish flag?!"
                                                                              http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Thanks for the recomendation Emmet. Been looking for new music to listen to.

Comment

Its kinda weird im guessing its to do with that its not native to Ubuntu and will have to work around it some how. Just getting use to this so will defo take a bit of time but was just looking for the quick fix for now.

My graphics card wouldnt be the best I would imagine remember was having serious trouble with it for a long time with Vista it just hung all the time and crashed my system out

But im guessing after awhile with some of the updates that came out that ATI finally got around to addressing the problem.

It would run super sweet on my Windows 7 system and no display problems at all. What I eventually want is just to migrate over to an iMac when I run into some serious money or get back to some winning in poker, so for now I dont want to be putting money into my system ie upgrading to 4gb ram + new graphics card.

The reason why I was asking about data retrival, was working on a friends laptop the other day, she seriously hadnt dont anything to it in ages and was full of redundant crap/slow as fuck/full of trojans, malware, virus got that all cleaned up and then boom blue screened on me.

Wouldnt have all the tools to do certain stuff but can do a bit, she managed to just get all her pics off and stuff so gonna format it for her just so its some kind of laptop again.

Would you have any Windows XP keys by any chance?
                                                                                  Unfortunately not, I have a couple of Vista ones from toasted laptops but no xp. You can pick one up on ebay cheap. If it is a case that you haven't formatted the hdd let me know and I will tell you how to recover the key originally used in it. Possibly too, depending on the manufacturer/model there maybe a recovery partition to reset the machine to factory standard and no need to recover a key.

Comment

A reminder that The Trip is on 23.50 on bbc2, been quality so far.

Can anyone confirm that NFL is on at 1.30 tonight? Want to catch Eagles handing out a beating if i can stay awake

Comment

C Kidd, or anyone else that's an X factor degen, where's the smart money now?
                                                                                      all I've heard is mary and wagner, but the are both huge odds so obv, not going anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                        A reminder that The Trip is on 23.50 on bbc2, been quality so far.

Can anyone confirm that NFL is on at 1.30 tonight? Want to catch Eagles handing out a beating if i can stay awake
                                                                                        Kick Off 1.38am

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                          all I've heard is mary and wagner, but the are both huge odds so obv, not going anywhere
                                                                                          one direction and matt, I think one direction will nick it. perfect target market for voters.
                                                                                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

I'd back Wagner pretty strong to survive for the next 2 or 3 weeks anyway. He hasn't outlived his usefullness just yet.

Feel free to ignore me, i've a shite record betting on the xfactor.
                                                                                            We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

heres the link to the alleged voting leaks on Xfactor
                                                                                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                                one direction and matt, I think one direction will nick it. perfect target market for voters.
                                                                                                Yeah this.

The one thing is that I don't think one direction actually need to win the show to be successful, the brutal JLS from last night are living proof. As good as he is I think Matt probably needs that extra push and I can see him winning.

One direction have potential to be massive though.

Comment

Was skiming youtube looking for some random sweedish rapper called Adam Tensta and stumbled across Addeboy vs Cliff

Class stuff IMO and video is awesome

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hgHAV8nVlE[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                                    Yeah this.

The one thing is that I don't think one direction actually need to win the show to be successful, the brutal JLS from last night are living proof. As good as he is I think Matt probably needs that extra push and I can see him winning.

One direction have potential to be massive though.
                                                                                                    again agreed, but if they're genuine about the votes, then what can they do?

Also would expect that Simon had the idea to come out of this with a very young boy band before the auditions had even begun. massive gap in the market, and perfect opportunity to handpick a band and promote them heavily.
                                                                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

...
                                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Its tight alright, pretty much too tight to call at this stage. another week or two will give some clues, on song selection etc.
                                                                                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

...
                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Irish based ibood style website. look at the current offer: http://www.gruupy.com/

Comment

Fucking loving the "Feed the animals" album from Girl Talk.

Also is going to Newry for Xmas shopping still +EV as it was a few years ago. Will be getting drink, clothes and Xmas stuff?

Comment

again agreed, but if they're genuine about the votes, then what can they do?
                                                                                                                I hear you but even with ofcom apparantley regulating the phone votes, the judges still can keep in anyone they want.

It's all smelling a little too contrived for me at this stage and I don't believe their's anything 'fair' about it. They can get any three they want to the final.

I may be a little too suspicious of course but it's just the way it looks to me.

Matt wins and one direction finish runners up = maximum $ !

Edit: Can't be forgetting about Rebecca either, stone wall for the top 3 imo!
                                                                                                                Last edited by dannydiamond; 16-11-10, 00:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                  That oul wan's accent is fantastic.
                                                                                                                  Don't you be getting any ideas now.I suspect there could be a bit of a semi in the Stewelpeter camp.

Comment

Have some money on them both but starting to think Rebecca could be a better shout than Matt, depends on my mood though.
                                                                                                                    Kind of thinking One direction or Rebecca = 1st or 2nd and Matt a more likely 2nd/3rd.

Thing that I can't work out is what is best for Cowell and co, would they prefer one direction to win or would that tie them to a certain contract and obligations when they'd prefer to do something else with them.

One Direction could be very big. If I were going to put more loot on, I'd probably go for them.

Ido.

heres the link to the alleged voting leaks on Xfactor
                                                                                                                    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/s...=major+spoiler
                                                                                                                    Seems to be a load of nonsense

Comment

Haven't listened yet but links in cousins.

Comment

Anyone tried out rockmelt? new browser, integrates your social networks to sidebars on the profile..
                                                                                                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                                          also there's a big chance that the winner won't get the customary christmas number 1 again this year, and guessing Simon doesn't want to risk that with his new boyband.
                                                                                                                          I've a huge Beatles pic hanging in my living room that my wife bought me for my birthday about 8 years ago. She hates it up there but she bought it so she hasn't a leg to stand on.

My boys have often asked me about the Beatles so I've shown them vids and stuff but the're not impressed.

This evening they were asking about the guy that's still alive and were delighted when I showed them a youtube of Paul Mc with Michael Jackson( joke at your peril ).

On to the point anyway, they loved this and it brought back happy memories from my childhood.
                                                                                                                          I commented to my wife that if this were to be revamped as a charity single, it could be a potential christmas no 1. He tried before but was up against the live aid tune and Whams 'last christmas', not a fkin hope he was winning that battle.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkZ8Mzpj948[/ame]
                                                                                                                          Last edited by dannydiamond; 16-11-10, 00:52.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X