Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit of a sweat on the flop but held. Damn, it's past 1.10am.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 55 Tournament, 800/1600 Blinds 200 Ante (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

UTG (t39715)
    UTG+1 (t13200)
    MP1 (t168848)
    MP2 (t20836)
    MP3 (t56146)
    CO (t28415)
    Button (t62307)
    Hero (SB) (t17078)
    BB (t16051)

Hero's M: 4.07

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A
    4 folds, MP3 bets t4000, 2 folds, Hero raises to t16878 (All-In), 1 fold, MP3 calls t12878

Flop: (t37156) 8, K, 2 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: (t37156) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t37156) 8 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t37156
    Main pot: t37156 between MP3 and Hero, won by Hero

Results:
    Hero had A, A (two pair, Aces and eights).
    MP3 had J, K (two pair, Kings and eights).
    Outcome: Hero won t37156
    One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

Originally posted by Hegzy View Post
      ME is Barrett v Orton for the WWe title with Cena as guest referee. If Barrett wins the title Cena is free from Nexus, if Orton wins Cena is fired. Not one person can predict what will happen in this involving Cena so its worth buying just for that really
      Gone are the days when WWE was like home & Away..you could miss 5 years and go back and know exactly what was going on Oh well may have a look at it in a while. Cheers man
      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

DAMMIT, just as I was typing the last hand this happens

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 55 Tournament, 800/1600 Blinds 200 Ante (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

SB (t37715)
        BB (t12800)
        UTG (t164993)
        UTG+1 (t20436)
        MP1 (t38868)
        MP2 (t35670)
        MP3 (t61907)
        Hero (CO) (t36956)
        Button (t13251)

Hero's M: 8.80

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, A
        5 folds, Hero bets t3400, 1 fold, SB raises to t37515 (All-In), 1 fold, Hero calls t33356 (All-In)

Flop: (t76912) J, 2, 4 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (t76912) J (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t76912) 9 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t76912
        Main pot: t76912 between SB and Hero, won by Hero

Results:
        SB had A, K (one pair, Jacks).
        Hero had A, A (two pair, Aces and Jacks).
        Outcome: Hero won t76912
        One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
          Start a music festival on your farm Bob
          CHD I like it.

We are Starpool, we are Goldstein and we got to get ourselves back to the garden.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
            Start a music festival on your farm Bob
            meh i haven't even got an accordion yet and its hard to see the dog really pulling that big of a crowd

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
              But short answer to your question yeah I'm just chillin on the farm playing a little poker and taking it fairly easy. I'm reasonably happy but believe me it would not be for everyone. I have a high boredom threshold and thats an absolute must for my situation!
              Have you considered applying for the job of Minister for Agriculture in Zimbabwe?

Comment

Ya I lost my job last year and had been building a house near where my parents live very slowly since 2005. Its still not really fully finished yet as I was paying for it bit by bit when I had the money to do it. I ended up with a 70k mortgage - which is fortunate since I now dont have a job! Moved into the house in the summer and then my uncle died who's farm was nearby. He unexpectedly left it to me. Its about 40 acres. He was sick for a while though - like 10 years - and had ran up some debts due to hospital/nursing home expenses. They are now my debts and i'd gladly sell some of the land to pay them but if I do I have to pay the revenue about 70k inheritance tax. If I make some effort to farm the land though for 6 years I have to pay them fuck all. I'm not sure yet what I owe in terms of debts. Solicitor is in the process of doing probate or some crap that I know nothing about. Its quite an odd situation. I inherited ~280k farm + debt. I'm fairly broke but cant sell any of the windfall or I will incur significantly more debt.

But short answer to your question yeah I'm just chillin on the farm playing a little poker and taking it fairly easy. I'm reasonably happy but believe me it would not be for everyone. I have a high boredom threshold and thats an absolute must for my situation!
                Thanks for the response.

Sounds like a bit of a fked up situation alright.

I'd move to the middle of nowhere in a heartbeat but my wife would never have it.
                Hope you get it all sorted out.

Good luck to you my man.
                We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by 40something View Post
                  Playing anything on Stars Danny?
                  I was until very recently.
                  We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                    Have you considered applying for the job of Minister for Agriculture in Zimbabwe?
                    Both myself and the dog are the wrong colour to consider such a move i'm afraid. we'd both be lynched

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                      pfffft..can't even stack the dishwasher properly!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9Fye...layer_embedded
                      Posted this yesterday Bob, any chance after you teach him the accordion you could squeeze these in aswell?
                      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Ya I lost my job last year and had been building a house near where my parents live very slowly since 2005. Its still not really fully finished yet as I was paying for it bit by bit when I had the money to do it. I ended up with a 70k mortgage - which is fortunate since I now dont have a job! Moved into the house in the summer and then my uncle died who's farm was nearby. He unexpectedly left it to me. Its about 40 acres. He was sick for a while though - like 10 years - and had ran up some debts due to hospital/nursing home expenses. They are now my debts and i'd gladly sell some of the land to pay them but if I do I have to pay the revenue about 70k inheritance tax. If I make some effort to farm the land though for 6 years I have to pay them fuck all. I'm not sure yet what I owe in terms of debts. Solicitor is in the process of doing probate or some crap that I know nothing about. Its quite an odd situation. I inherited ~280k farm + debt. I'm fairly broke but cant sell any of the windfall or I will incur significantly more debt.

If this isn't the perfect situation to grow your own I dont know what is. And you have the sob story of NAMA and "where's my bailout, they drove me to it, I had no choice" if you get busted.

Comment

i still cant believe avante dropped that ball!

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                            i still cant believe avante dropped that ball!
                            Jesus that shot of after the helmet to helmet!
                            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

anyone got a link to latest dexter ep?

Comment

Sometimes i just hate WWE

Comment

Originally posted by Hegzy View Post
                                  Sometimes i just hate WWE
                                  What happened? Is Cena ''fired'' (off to make movies for a month)

Comment

Bollocks..and the 2 pointer doesn't help
                                    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Was terribad, just watched the last 10 minutes on the stream to see what was obviously going to happen. Do people really pay 22 quid to watch these awful ppv's.
                                      Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                      I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                      None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

This game is gas stuff, gogo eagles

Comment

Fuck sake Manning!
                                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

lol eli. I've to get up at 7.30 meh

Comment

Ah bollox to it anyway. Was hoping to post "ITM in the ftops main". Just ran AQo into AA. The last few hours has been a stressful 10-20BB grind. Would feckin murder a beer!
                                              It's all an illusion

Comment

Solid amount of fail from both teams there. Enjoyable stuff!!
                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by GrangeUtd View Post
                                                  Quick Question BBV. Cant remember the name of a major rte drama flop from about 4-6 years ago. Set in Dublin couple of hip 20/30 somethings set in Dublin. They had there own made up designer drug in it. Ridiculous show. Anyone out there know the name? Thanks
                                                  thought you were talking about bachelors walk , some pile of shite that was

Comment

How stupid do i feel waking up to this hand

No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (Button) ($206)
                                                    SB ($200)
                                                    BB ($492.95)
                                                    UTG ($200)
                                                    MP ($197)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 10, K
                                                    2 folds, Hero bets $6, SB raises $17, 1 fold, Hero calls $12

Flop: ($38) 7, 6, A (2 players)
                                                    SB bets $22, Hero calls $22

Turn: ($82) 5 (2 players)
                                                    SB checks, Hero bets $44, SB calls $44

River: ($170) Q (2 players)
                                                    SB checks, Hero bets $122 (All-In), SB calls $116 (All-In)

Total pot: $402
                                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                      wow thats pretty sick man. I understand why you called like it really is a bluff > 80% of the time but I still dont think Id have the stones to call there. wp

edit - I suppose the only hand he has thats not bluff is AhAx
                                                      Yeah it was a tough one. It's rare enough for me to use the timebank but used a fair bit of it on that one. Villain in the hand is a true sicko, SN "Brendooor". I'm railing him in the ftops main event atm. He's only the chip leader with 86 remaining.

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                      The spar across the road from me does a great selection of beers. Any more recommendations?
                                                      Sierra Nevada is very nice...

There's a few different types. Best to try them all imo.

Leffe 9...

One of the heavey weights at 9% proof. I used to get a load of these in when I lived in France. Would just have one or 2 at the start of the night and then move on to the cheap stuff. It's not for everyone.

Also...

Duvel. It's an organic beer rocking in at 8%. Have never had a hangover from it so long as I haven't mixed. Beautiful stuff. Def one of my favourites.
                                                      It's all an illusion

Comment

Originally posted by 72zero View Post
                                                        Ah bollox to it anyway. Was hoping to post "ITM in the ftops main". Just ran AQo into AA. The last few hours has been a stressful 10-20BB grind. Would feckin murder a beer!
                                                        Duvel is lovely, I thought you were off beer

Comment

Goose Island pale ale is something Ive been preaching about for a while. Its pretty high content booze wise and defo packs a punch but one or two are the sweetness.

Comment

Duvel is lovely, I thought you were off beer
                                                            Yup

SPOILER
                                                            but I also said everything comes to an end

FTOPS M/E: Brendooor gonna Brendooor. ~10% of the chips in play with 50 remaining.
                                                            It's all an illusion

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                              I'm playing the PGA down by Goffs tomorrow, anyone played it before, looking forward to it despite the weather

and off to the driving range now.
                                                              Obv too late, but its a smashing course. Tough and long (prob worse today with the rain). If I was you I'd play off the front tees (society) unless you are a big hitter otherwise you won't be taking on too many greens in two. Bring your A game !!

meh i haven't even got an accordion yet and its hard to see the dog really pulling that big of a crowd
                                                              LMAO. Great answer.

Trying to merge all my posts into one single one to keep the 'posting tax' to a min

Question for BBV.

I voted FF all my adult life (about 4 elections) but think they need to be thought a lesson next time around. The alternatives don't really inspire me although as mentioned they prob won't have much room for maneouver anyway. Would you vote for an up and coming FF senator who works hard in my area but hasn't been a TD yet or do you just go for a total cleanout?

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                I voted FF all my adult life (about 4 elections) but think they need to be thought a lesson next time around. The alternatives don't really inspire me although as mentioned they prob won't have much room for maneouver anyway. Would you vote for an up and coming FF senator who works hard in my area but hasn't been a TD yet or do you just go for a total cleanout?
                                                                this imo

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Kev and other cricket heads;

am I crazy for thinking that Ingerland at 2/1 are a great bet to win the Ashes series outright?

pros:
                                                                  • better team
                                                                  • better form
                                                                  • better morale

cons:
                                                                  • habitually useless in Oz since 1985
                                                                  • off-spin (i.e. Swann) gets carted in Oz
                                                                  • Pietersen totally off his game

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                    this imo

Comment

I'm voting for SF for the same reason I vote for Wagner.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                        I'm voting for SF for the same reason I vote for Wagner.
                                                                        My big worry is that when the election happens there is going to be a shed load of Shinners voted in

Comment

this imo

I wouldn't go waving one of these around if I were you.Bankers and other assorted financial types will be near the top of the line to test it imo.

A modern revolutionary group heads for the television station.
                                                                          Abbie Hoffman
                                                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Allotments Bob.Allotments.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY
                                                                              Is Wagner an ex provo?
                                                                              fyp

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                I wouldn't go waving one of these around if I were you.Bankers and other assorted financial types will be near the top of the line to test it imo.
                                                                                that's what I use to prepare my cigars

Comment

this is the guy who wrote the song

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruIqdE59n4A&feature=email[/ame]

Comment

My big worry is that when the election happens there is going to be a shed load of Shinners voted in
                                                                                    probably, not enough to make a difference to the composition of the next government though

Comment

SF in government and Wagner to win the XFactor is a good double imo. It can't be any worse than the crap government and crap ex-Xfactor stuff in the charts at the moment......
                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                      can it?

SPOILER
                                                                                      ex-Xfactor....yeah I know.

Comment

it's an interesting thought though; who exactly will be the opposition in the next Dail?

FG\LAB will have a massive majority; over 100 seats between them

There'll be a demoralised, defeated FF rump with ~30/35 seats

The Greens might get one seat (Sargeant)

SF might rise to 8-10

Throw in a few random nutters who will be completely irrelevant (Healy-Rea types)

The Dail will ironically be even more irrelevant than it has been. Fertile ground for a new party.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                          Been out every night this week, and criminally lacking in sleep, been feeling like an absolute Louis Lavelle!
                                                                                          Read this yesterday afternoon hungover to fuck and was trying to work out how you knew I was in pieces.
                                                                                          "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

POTD on boards is quality if you know the meme.

"I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

it's an interesting thought though; who exactly will be the opposition in the next Dail?

FG\LAB will have a massive majority; over 100 seats between them

There'll be a demoralised, defeated FF rump with ~30/35 seats

The Greens might get one seat (Sargeant)

SF might rise to 8-10

Throw in a few random nutters who will be completely irrelevant (Healy-Rea types)The Dail will ironically be even more irrelevant than it has been. Fertile ground for a new party.
                                                                                              imo there will be a lot more of these than you think. If water charges/property tax/etc are introduced in the next budget (certs) then you'll have the Joe Higgins types around the place getting in on these issues.

Comment

imo there will be a lot more of these than you think. If water charges/property tax/etc are introduced in the next budget (certs) then you'll have the Joe Higgins types around the place getting in on these issues.
                                                                                                sure, but you'd be dumb to give them your number 1 as they'll have no leverage in the Dail

they might add to the gaiety of the nation however

Comment

Really interesting topic on Pat Kenny right now. How people in poor countries around the world communicate using missed calls. ie, free calls.

eg, people in Bhutan order milk from the local supplier, each missed call is one bottle/litre, their number is registered with the company, the company miss call back to confirm the order. Free communication.

Genius really.
                                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Really interesting topic on Pat Kenny right now. How people in poor countries around the world communicate using missed calls. ie, free calls.

eg, people in Bhutan order milk from the local supplier, each missed call is one bottle/litre, their number is registered with the company, the company miss call back to confirm the order. Free communication.

Genius really.
                                                                                                    There's no money in it though.

Comment

it's almost guarunteed
                                                                                                      A majority of people cant see the difference in parties
                                                                                                      and think Government (trad parties) or SF
                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Genius really.
                                                                                                        Meh, My kids had that sussed years ago.
                                                                                                        One missed call means Buy me credit.
                                                                                                        Two missed calls means buy me credit NOW !
                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Why does the taoiseach get to decide when there will be a general election?
                                                                                                          How does that make any sense?
                                                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                            three missed calls or more = 'I'm playing poker, feck off and sort yourselves out'?

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                                                                                              Why does the taoiseach get to decide when there will be a general election?
                                                                                                              How does that make any sense?
                                                                                                              he is the head of government

Comment

Good system.
                                                                                                                Stupid country. When are they putting me in charge?
                                                                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

My United season ticket is £27 per game, I just applied for Chelsea away on the 19th and it's £54
                                                                                                                  Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                    I remember something similar when I was a kid on the home phone.One ring meant you'd arrived safely at your destination.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                                      My United season ticket is £27 per game, I just applied for Chelsea away on the 19th and it's £54
                                                                                                                      Bridge is small so a complete rip off for the big games. It is ridic.

Comment

I would consider £54 a fair price for that game. Big games in Spain, Italy are a lot dearer.
                                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Green party annoucnement in the next hour. They'll hang around for the budget then withdra from the coalition I reckon. Too late to save themselves mind

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X