Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know a good site for streaming tv shows that isnt tv shack?

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
      For those of you not friends with me on Facebook. Tom rang me drunk at 3am last night and I recorded the convo.

Here's a little snippet........"i'm talking bout the nittiest, scabbiest, pikeyiest, 802020 feeling in the world, we gotta bag those chips. like i look at the worms,i keep on staring. i keep staring until they make the mistakes i used to make. then i crush. we are both prize bulls, we are instinct lu-las. crush. give me 3 bacon rolls. ill run over your toiletry bag with the prize bull. petes pizza, add on thats what im fucking talking bout"
      If you don't make a day 2 after that pep talk, i give up

Comment

Just back from the weekend in London, I love that place so much, gotta move there for a while before I get too old. Went to see the 'Jersey Boys' show on Friday night, it was pretty good I have to admit!

Comment

Titans V Giants should be a good game for anyone thats interested

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
            Titans V Giants should be a good game for anyone thats interested
            Boo! Divisional rivalry between Saints and Falcons is where it's at. Especially with free Sky Sports today

Comment

SS3 fire in the stadium, drama drama

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                Anyone know how long it takes for payouts from rakebackftw.com to hit your moneybookres a/c?
                Bk/Emmet02 - either of you guys know?

Comment

Flop a set, betting and we're all in, he hits a Royal Flush on the turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                    Bk/Emmet02 - either of you guys know?
                    2/3 days afaik

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post
                      Anyone know a good site for streaming tv shows that isnt tv shack?
                      SPOILER
                      alluc.org???
                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by kincsem View Post
                        Flop a set, betting and we're all in, he hits a Royal Flush on the turn.
                        Did he hold?

Comment

Matt Perry's BLOG:

Ivey, Ivey, Ivey! Blom, Blom, Blom!

Sunday, 26 September 2010

Viktor Blom is just a sick, sick individual. There is no other way to say it. At this juncture it doesn’t even matter if he is Isildur1 or not – he obviously is but he’s still keeping schtum about it – because having watched him tear through the field at the £10,350 WSOPE Main Event I am fully prepared to believe that I am watching one of the best No Limit Hold ‘em players in the world. And he’s 19 years old!
                          Isildur1 is famed for his overbets, which he will make for value, as a bluff or for razor-thin value with middle pair. I’ve seen five overbets from Blom over the past two days he has been playing and they resulted in three folds and two calls. Two of the three times he got folds; he showed a pure bluff (eight high and one pair on a A-K-9-T board); both times he was called he had the best hand. How you can hand-read so well is beyond me.

Even if he isn’t Isildur1, which he is, then the story of Blom90 – who he definitely is – is amazing as well. He was playing $530 STTs on PartyPoker in 2005 at the age of 15; he ran up a $2,000 deposit to $1,500,000 in five weeks playing heads-up cash before taking out half a million and losing the rest before doing it again. He has a huge stack at the moment and I hope he makes the final table because THAT will be fine TV.

Now, Phil Ivey. Everyone knows I’m an Ivey nuthugger and that’s because I play poker. He is the best, no doubt about it. As I write he has taken the chip lead after knocking out Nick Schulman and Matt Stout in consecutive hands as well as dropping us down to seven tables. I am praying for an Ivey v. Blom heads-up showdown for the bracelet because that would probably be the best thing I’ve ever seen. I could die happy then.
                          Anyway, no time for blogging – there’s WSOPE reporting to be done.
                          Blom still trying to stay mysterious and has refused to give interviews over the course of the tournament.

Opr

Comment

Interesting...

Like the signing too

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7kmIFffJbU&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Comment

btw Emmet I really like the new song from The Riptide Movement.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmBmorzS7bg[/ame]

Opr

Comment

is that tournament going to be shown on tv?

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                  is that tournament going to be shown on tv?
                                  I think they are going to be showing the final table on a 5 hour delay feed. Pretty sure I read something like that but I may be making this up tho. I'll have a look for a link

I presume the whole tournament will be televised later in the year as previous years WSOPE have been.

Edit - http://wisehandpoker.net/2010/09/pok...icks-up-wsope/

Opr

Comment

Just a question to all the board mods old present, is going off topic even when there's still legit discussion going on a reason for locking a thread? seems very strange to me?

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                                      Boo! Divisional rivalry between Saints and Falcons is where it's at. Especially with free Sky Sports today
                                      This could be an epic shootout

Comment

Just a question to all the board mods old present, is going off topic even when there's still legit discussion going on a reason for locking a thread? seems very strange to me?
                                        Is this in relation to a thread that has been closed in the old place

Comment

well, it's on boards, not poker, and it's not contentious or anything, just a bit annoying because I came back to ask a question and it was closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                            btw Emmet I really like the new song from The Riptide Movement.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Opr
                                            its a good tune alright, I posted it before, really like this version

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdPu0rLLUgw[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by keane2097 View Post
                                              Did he hold?
                                              Probably. I'm not sure of the hand rankings.

My AA flopped a set and was rivered by a straight flush.
                                              My AJ beat JJ and AA all-in so its all good.

I'm just cleaning out the bad beats before Killarney.

Comment

Family Guy back tonight.

Comment

Ballsy from my Falcons. Tony Gonzalez is a hero.

Comment

Anyone have any experience with the insurance company affiliated with Carphone Warehouse (Think it's called Lifeline or something similar)? Have dropped in my laptop and filled in a claim form and was just wondering how long should it be until I get word back? Should I expect a repair or replacement? Hoping for a repair tbf as I've a few things on it that I haven't backed up.

Cheers
                                                    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Depends on the board, the mod, and the topic really. Lots of variables. If it was off topic totally for the forum, then I can see it getting locked on most forums there, but if it was just off topic for the thread, not the board, it is mostly mod dependent.

Comment

It depends......

Normally you'd just delete the off-topic stuff, throw a warning on thread and let the discussion continue. If that doesn't work you might start infracting or banning people that take if off-topic, and if the thread descends to such an extent that nobody is on-topic you might lock it then.

Everyone has their own way of doing things though so it's hard to give a concrete answer.
                                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

It was just that the discussion had turned slightly but was still within the remit of the thread, not a big deal really, just strange to stymie discussion. imo of course!

Comment

Local pub is seriously student friendly here, buy one get one free meals with student card, student prices for pints on most weeknights too.

We stumbled across this morning to get a breakfast and got a full Scottish Breakfast for £2 75% off! Was flying through the yoke before I realised what I was eating, what I thought was a very peppery black pudding was in fact Haggis. It was pretty ok to be honest with you, but after reading about it there, I think I will be steering clear of it for quite a while!

Also, for any vegetarians among you, would you be happy enough to eat it? The pub thinks its a veggie friendly food...

Comment

well, it's on boards, not poker, and it's not contentious or anything, just a bit annoying because I came back to ask a question and it was closed.
                                                              I assume you refer to DCU thread?
                                                              I know Attol and let her know it wasn't the best move she ever made.
                                                              I agree, she way over-reacted.

Comment

Can anyone tell me what is included in the package for the IWF . The package is valued at €2,700 but the buy in is only €1,650 , what is the excess for and how is it paid out ??

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                                                  Can anyone tell me what is included in the package for the IWF . The package is valued at €2,700 but the buy in is only €1,650 , what is the excess for and how is it paid out ??
                                                                  Buyin, Mars bar, pack of Tayto and a can of coke and a voucher for half price dinner.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFKe75Q6eVw&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Looks interesting!

Comment

BTW all the mods on boards atm seem to be power mad retards , and the admins are no better . They have introduced a new disputes resolution system which is totally LOL and they wont even follow the rules of it themselves .
                                                                      But it is good fun arguing with them over it

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                        Buyin, Mars bar, pack of Tayto and a can of coke and a voucher for half price dinner.
                                                                        you only get a token for the Mars bar and Tayto

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                          Ughh i dont like Mars bars , would i be able to get Crunchie instead.

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                                            Looks like Blair Witch for the Facebook generation.Facewitch.
                                                                            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Off work sick since Thursday so read a lot on boards. Some of the admins reasoning and resolution process stuff is just bizarre.

Also there was a couple of laugh out loud posts in economics, makes me wonder how these people tie their own shoelaces.
                                                                              One guy started a thread looking for ideas on how to raise €3B in the budget. And his own idea was

Originally posted by drunkmonkey
                                                                              There are 6.5 million newspapers sold around the country per week. If we increase the price of every newspaper by 1euro per copy that will generate extra revenue of €338,000,000 per year.
                                                                              I don't have the figure for Magazines but we should include them as well.

Comment

Local pub is seriously student friendly here, buy one get one free meals with student card, student prices for pints on most weeknights too.

We stumbled across this morning to get a breakfast and got a full Scottish Breakfast for £2 75% off! Was flying through the yoke before I realised what I was eating, what I thought was a very peppery black pudding was in fact Haggis. It was pretty ok to be honest with you, but after reading about it there, I think I will be steering clear of it for quite a while!

Also, for any vegetarians among you, would you be happy enough to eat it? The pub thinks its a veggie friendly food...
                                                                                What did you read about haggis on here? It's lovely stuff. Certainly if you like black pudding there's no reason why you wouldn't like haggis. That said, if it's vegetarian haggis then it's not haggis, just peppered barley.
                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                                  What did you read about haggis on here? It's lovely stuff. Certainly if you like black pudding there's no reason why you wouldn't like haggis. That said, if it's vegetarian haggis then it's not haggis, just peppered barley.
                                                                                  not on here, I looked it up when I got home on Wiki, didn't approve of the ingredients! One of those situations where ignorance would've been better.

Ah, vegetarian haggis made no sense to me whatsoever, I thought they'd left a typo on the menu or something.

Vegetarian Steak - weird combo of words

Comment

not on here, I looked it up when I got home on Wiki, didn't approve of the ingredients! One of those situations where ignorance would've been better.

Ah, vegetarian haggis made no sense to me whatsoever, I thought they'd left a typo on the menu or something.

Vegetarian Steak - weird combo of words
                                                                                    In that case, don't look up black pudding either.
                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

I have a token to play an IWF sat and not sure which one to play .
                                                                                        Package sat tonite or ticket only on thurs nite. Any advice lads??

Comment

Have you played the new Tales of Monkey Island? The five episodes were released over 2009 and 2010. I got them all for $5 last week. Old school quality gameplay.

Think I'll have to go looking for my old copy of Grim Fandango. It's been too long.
                                                                                          I've never gotten around to getting them for some reason, I must get on that...Does it retain the magic of the old games?
                                                                                          "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Make sure the token works on both before you decide
                                                                                            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                                              Make sure the token works on both before you decide
                                                                                              Ye i can reg for either .

Comment

All games have added value on a Sunday imo.

Comment

Ye i can reg for either .
                                                                                                  My laptop died a few days ago and am on my housemates one so can't check how many are regged etc. but as Caf said most tourneys have an added value on Sundays..not sure if this would be the case for a tourney like this.

It prob just comes down to what you need..do you need the hotel room for the few nights or could you stay somewhere else? DO you need the Mars Bar or just want it? Those kind of things have to be taken into consideration imo
                                                                                                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

I'd go for the Thursday evening ticket-only super sat myself; one in every 10 runners gets a ticket, I like those odds compared to the ratio of players to tickets on Sunday night. That said, I live less than 10 minutes from the Burlo so never wanted accommodation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                                      I've never gotten around to getting them for some reason, I must get on that...Does it retain the magic of the old games?
                                                                                                      I've never played the old MI games. Suppose that's something else I'll add to the list. They're defo as good as Broken Sword though. LOL funny at times.

Comment

God I am running bad

Board is 3 9 6 I have pocket 6's

30+ BBs as well. 2 other people in it as well and have me covered. It all goes in. One has 33 the other has kk. K on the turn

Comment

I've never played the old MI games. Suppose that's something else I'll add to the list. They're defo as good as Broken Sword though. LOL funny at times.
                                                                                                          They've only just remade the first two with better graphics and sound. You have to play these, they are total classics of gaming.

Comment

wow 9pm on the nose from CHD.
                                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Anybody use the Betair Touch App for the HTC? If so, is it any good?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                He's a new mature CHD now that he's been entrusted with responsibility.

He'd have been an admin on boards.ie by now if they'd just believed in him.

Comment

Reminds me of the time I advocated making Ntl Bell mod.

Comment

One of the best 72 breaks I ever seen from Ronnie there

Comment

Lol,best story telling yet CHD.Think about the Credit Union short story award this year maybe.
                                                                                                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

...
                                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                          CHD waits for nobody
                                                                                                                          Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                          He's a new mature CHD now that he's been entrusted with responsibility.

He'd have been an admin on boards.ie by now if they'd just believed in him.
                                                                                                                          You have to be a prize cunt to admin there, I'm only a cunt.
                                                                                                                          Reminds me of the time I advocated making Ntl Bell mod.
                                                                                                                          I'd mod you to peices.
                                                                                                                          Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                                          Lol,best story telling yet CHD.Think about the Credit Union short story award this year maybe.
                                                                                                                          ty sir.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X