Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My flatmate has been in the shower since 8am, there are 4 of us in the flat.

He's from China, never lived away from home before, doesn't know how to cook etc...

What's my line?

Comment

999 sounds like a good option.

Comment

"Get out of the shower you <insert country of origin> cunt!"
        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Tell him politely that if he wants to spend that long in the shower, he will have to go in last.

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post

He's from China, never lived away from home before, doesn't know how to cook etc...

What's my line?
            Just casually walk in and get undressed.Tell him " this is how we Europe guys do it".
            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Ps bad beat on the not being able to cook thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

1. Science smyience, everyone knows that running up and down a snowy mountain and lifting logs and a cart is the bet way to train for a fight
                2. (plus it was clearly only 1850, only rocky can punch 1900+ with 12oz gloves)
                Hate to rain on your parade but it looks like he can now do over 2100lbs/square inch

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYE8BTHEjmM&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                  Just casually walk in and get undressed.Tell him " this is how we Europe guys do it".
                  He already thinks I'm a fag, had lads round for cans before heading out last weekend, threw on Borat for the giggles, obviously 5 lads sitting around a laptop screen in the living room / kitchen when the Flatmate wanders through the door, spots the naked man wrestling, and packs a hasty retreat through the kitchen door, almost fell over himself doing it.

Next night, similar story, except up a notch, we had Bruno on...

He finally exited the shower, and I had a nice icy shower to start my Monday...

Not being able to cook is a disaster to be honest, he bought a rice cooker, and its permanently stocked with rice, so I guess he wont starve, just might get a bit bored...

Comment

Originally posted by Dimoxinil View Post
                    Hate to rain on your parade but it looks like he can now do over 2100lbs/square inch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYE8B...eature=related
                    Anyone see the new season of Chuck opener with Dolph Lundgren and Linda Hamilton? It's quality.

EDIT: Dexter is back and up on cousins. I am nearly ready to feign illness and skip home ot watch it.

Comment

What's my line?
                      Just keep running the hot water in the kitchen and that will soon sort him out

Comment

What's my line?
                        So he's been in the shower for an hour at peak morning time?

- Wait till he gets out of shower and into his room;
                        - Wait five minutes;
                        - Knock on his door and ask if he has a quick second;
                        - Politely explain that there is a queue to use the bathroom at that time of the morning and you would appreciate if he could get in and out a little faster;

Seriously, that's taking the piss and you just need to nip it in the bud instantly.

EDIT: So you missed the chance to do that. Seriously, you need to say it straight up when next you see him. Can't be pussyfooting around with that stuff - and if he is just off the boat so to speak he needs to learn what is acceptable or not.
                        Last edited by LuckyLloyd; 27-09-10, 08:29.
                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 27-09-10, 08:34.
                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Im surprised nobody mentioned that he was prob knocking one off in the shower to start the day - I certainly wouldnt want to be in there next

Comment

Comment

He already thinks I'm a fag, had lads round for cans before heading out last weekend, threw on Borat for the giggles, obviously 5 lads sitting around a laptop screen in the living room / kitchen when the Flatmate wanders through the door, spots the naked man wrestling, and packs a hasty retreat through the kitchen door, almost fell over himself doing it.

Next night, similar story, except up a notch, we had Bruno on...

He finally exited the shower, and I had a nice icy shower to start my Monday...

Not being able to cook is a disaster to be honest, he bought a rice cooker, and its permanently stocked with rice, so I guess he wont starve, just might get a bit bored...
                                Build on that,tell him he's better of showering when you're not there as sometimes you get these........"urges".

Comment

Agh people everywhere, queues in the shop, car park full. Students are the ruination of a good university!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                    Agh people everywhere, queues in the shop, car park full. Students are the ruination of a good university!
                                    Yes... but without students who would I be giving my first lecture to today
                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                      Yes... but without students who would I be giving my first lecture to today
                                      Where's this Brendan? congrats if its a new job.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                        Headline: "Boycott fails to dent Mass numbers"
                                        tell me I'm not the only one to have a mental image of a grumpy ex-England opening batsman protesting outside a church?
                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Investigative journalism fail

Headline: "Boycott fails to dent Mass numbers"

Opening Paragraph: "Numbers attending Mass held steady today, and in some places were up on recent weeks, despite a call for a boycott, according to priests and bishops who spoke to The Irish Times."
                                          sur they wouldnt lie ted.

jesus microeconomics is such drivel. cant believe i woke up early for this

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                            Where's this Brendan? congrats if its a new job.
                                            Part time locally is all... but 'tis better than naught.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                              jesus microeconomics is such drivel. cant believe i woke up early for this
                                              look on the bright side, you'll fly the game theory bit!

dazzle them all with your explanation of metagame

Comment

What's my line?
                                                give the order for a code RED

Comment

When i was going back to college in 4th year there was a young Chinese couple living in the house i had lined up.They were only going to be there for 2 more weeks as had been living there all summer and were moving on. They both worked shift work, not sure where cause they hadn't a work of english and i was a bit rusty on my Chinese. They used to get in together at 4am and take turns using the shower for half an hour each. The walls in the house were pretty thin and u could hear the shower was on through the whole house. Woke me up for 2 weeks straight every night till they left. I tried asking them to wait till later but the language barrier was a big problem and they didnt understand or didnt care.

Was great when they left but i went into their room after they did and the smell would toss ya. There was manky food left in plastic bags all over the place just going off. Not sure what kinda stuff it was but the smell was unusual to say the least. The bad beat was that i had to move into their room after they left.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 27-09-10, 09:29.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                      Seriously, you need to say it straight up when next you see him. Can't be pussyfooting around with that stuff - and if he is just off the boat so to speak he needs to learn what is acceptable or not.
                                                      Definitely this, emmet.
                                                      If you leave it any length of time before telling him then it just looks as if it's some new rule you've invented to annoy him.

Explain to him today that an hour in the shower is not acceptable.

Comment

Hey, anyone know how the incremental pay increase system works in the civil service? No-one here in the department seems to know, despite them all being on it. My understanding at the moment is that as long as your progress is satisfactory, which is the case for just about everyone, then you get a one-point increase on the payscale, but that it's nearly impossible to get more than a one point increase unless you get promoted to a higher job.

i.e. in my position would have to spend six years rising through the six points on the senior lecturer scale, despite the fact that each increment only has about £1,200 of a difference, meaning max pay increase over six years is about £7,000, unless promoted to Reader. That seems like a crap system. You'd think it would reflect the level of your work during the year, with some people rising quicker and some slower.
                                                        lol publicsectoraments

wait until George the Grim Reaper is finished with the UK PS, I doubt even those increments will apply any longer

Comment

Sonic Beat is running in the last in Roscommon today. I can't really see it happening, he'd have to find nearly three stone with one of them and there are a couple of sharp enough looking ones in it that he's over a stone wrong with. In his favour he's in good form and should be better able for the trip than some of the others. I'll make the trip down for the day out but I think I'll save the 'One Time' for another day.
                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Useful boards deal for a change today.

Today's Deal: 25 for 50 worth of Food and Drinks at Saagar Indian Restaurant

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                              Sonic Beat is running in the last in Roscommon today. I can't really see it happening, he'd have to find nearly three stone with one of them and there are a couple of sharp enough looking ones in it that he's over a stone wrong with. In his favour he's in good form and should be better able for the trip than some of the others. I'll make the trip down for the day out but I think I'll save the 'One Time' for another day.
                                                              This is the worst tip/non tip I've seen on the interweb. I have no idea what to do with this information. THis is why the villagers lynched you Tony.

Comment

Is there someone here doing Laptop repairs?
                                                                a Hinge is broken on a Dell (inspiron 1620) I think it is
                                                                What kind of money / time turnaround am I looking at?
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

my 3 y/o daughter has tonsillitis so I'm staying at home with her today. She was banging away with lego in the playroom for the last while and just brought in her creation - looks like a building so I asked her what it was.

"it's where we put the bad people Daddy - to kill them"

feck's sake and I thought I was a right winger! Better make sure she doesn't ever get into politics

Comment

Wendy's Review

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                      Is there someone here doing Laptop repairs?
                                                                      a Hinge is broken on a Dell (inspiron 1620) I think it is
                                                                      What kind of money / time turnaround am I looking at?
                                                                      I think it is coillcam who does this.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                        Great deal!

Half way down the list....

You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                          my 3 y/o daughter has tonsillitis so I'm staying at home with her today. She was banging away with lego in the playroom for the last while and just brought in her creation - looks like a building so I asked her what it was.

"it's where we put the bad people Daddy - to kill them"

feck's sake and I thought I was a right winger! Better make sure she doesn't ever get into politics
                                                                          I like this kid. I've got tonsolitis and so people have to die. Obviously not the type to feel sorry for herself, an excellent trait.

Comment

@ Hitchhiker

For every grade in the public sector there is an incremental scale- with emphasis on the mental.
                                                                            For examples sake, A grade 5 would have five incremental increases at regular intervals until they reach the top of that scale. When they are two years at the top of that scale they would get a LSI or long service increment.

If they were promoted in the meantime to say grade 6 they would start at the bottom of the grade 6 incremantel scale unless they were able to negotiate starting at a higher point during their interview.

You're right though, it's an insane system. The increments come automatically and are only down to time served rather than any output or efficiency or performance.

So, useless cow who sits beside me texting all day gets the same increments when the time comes that I do and she wouldn't work to warm herself.
                                                                            My increments are due every November (I don't ususally see them until the following February). Pretty much all evaporated now due to cuts etc. Haven't seen one in two years.

Sorry about the wordy and badly spelled reply, Monday morning and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaps View Post
                                                                              Great deal!

Half way down the list....

http://www.independent.ie/national-n...s-2290157.html
                                                                              Looks like your good to stuff your face.....let me know how you get on...

Quote:
                                                                              Originally Posted by jdivision
                                                                              This the place?

We've discussed this matter with Sunil at Saagar and there was indeed a closure order placed on the Harcourt Street premises in July of this year.

The closure order was put in place for a failure to present proper documentation (check-lists etc.) when the inspector called around. There was never any question with regards to food quality, hygiene standards or safety. The closure order was in place from 5pm on a Thursday until Monday morning when Saagar furnished the FSAI with the requested documentation.

Sunil has asked me to let you know that he, and all at Saagar, are committed to food hygiene and standards - this was the first and only time since the restaurant opened in 1992 that there has been an issue with the FSAI.
                                                                              You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

Originally posted by Bless You View Post
                                                                                It's an insane system. The increments come automatically and are only down to time served rather than any output or efficiency or performance.

So, useless cow who sits beside me texting all day gets the same increments when the time comes that I do and she wouldn't work to warm herself.
                                                                                This system has been totally changed since the Good Fri Croke Park Agreement, with the unions agreeing to implement efficiencies.

Comment

the situation has moved on, she's been reading some book about Grandads and is getting a bit obsessed (her own two are long dead)

her; Daddy, where are my grandads?

me; um, er, they're gone. They got very sick and they're gone.

her; are they deaded?

me; yes, they're dead.

her; did the bad people kill them?

WTF???

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                    This system has been totally changed since the Good Fri Croke Park Agreement, with the unions agreeing to implement efficiencies.
                                                                                    a hearty LOL

Comment

...

Comment

big shopping chain
                                                                                        very little on display if anything
                                                                                        you order stuff out of a catalouge and go in and collect it

anyone know the name of this shop
                                                                                        can't think today head is just mashed

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                                          big shopping chain

Argos.....

Comment

Originally posted by angry-ball View Post
                                                                                            big shopping chain

argos ?????

WP bp
                                                                                            Last edited by Dimoxinil; 27-09-10, 10:43. Reason: bp`s ninja fingers

Comment

the situation has moved on, she's been reading some book about Grandads and is getting a bit obsessed (her own two are long dead)

her; are they deaded?

me; yes, they're dead.

WTF???
                                                                                              Kids are funny, I went to visit my grandparents grave in Sutton yesterday and the youngest lad was asking loads of questions on how/why they were dead and could we not dig them up and wash them to make them clean

Comment

her; are they deaded?

me; yes, they're dead.

WTF???
                                                                                                Show her this with a little explanation

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

...
                                                                                                  Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 27-09-10, 10:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                                                    big shopping chain

Argos?

Comment

Ugh my dad was just on 2FM sounding like a gimp :facepalm:

Comment

or is the laser some weakass card that doesn't work properly abroad?
                                                                                                        This.

I think she needs to change it for a Visa Debit card (16 digit number).

Comment

...

Comment

Really? Ah feck. Can't see why they would even issue a card that doesn't work on most websites.
                                                                                                            I think visa-debit is mostly replacing laser... or if it has a maestro logo it might work too.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                              Show her this with a little explanation

I didn't see Strewelpeter in that book.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                                I didn't see Strewelpeter in that book.
                                                                                                                dinosaur obv.

Comment

I Asked this before, but does anybody know a cleaning lady in South Dublin/Clonskeagh area or any idea where to find a good one?

Comment

Hottest First Lady

France First Lady - Carla Bruni

Syria First Lady - Asma Akhras

Honduras First Lady - Aguas Ocana

Argentina First Lady (President) - Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner

Italia First Lady - Veronica Lario

Jordan's Queen Rania
                                                                                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Managed to get my car insurance reduced by £200 this morning. I changed my occupation to 'paedophile'.Apparently driving around slowly and being on the lookout for children is just what they're looking for in a customer.

Comment

Tbvle the guy who won the 50 billionth hand on stars is still going in the WCOOP ME.

Guarenteed $9.7k at the minute.

Must be nice considering he was playing $0.02c/$0.04c this time last week!

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                                          Hottest First Lady
                                                                                                                          Michelle Obama deserves a place on that list.

Ban for anyone who posts Mary Cowen photos obv.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X