This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bantee View Post
    Can someone post up a stream for the United game if you find a working one? Thanks in advance.

1-0 Bolton

Comment

Originally posted by JackKingOff View Post
      Crackin goal from nani

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
        Crackin goal from nani
        Yep United look like they're going to score more but Bolton have a bus in front of goal.

Just seen that Liverpool goal from yesterday, it was a goal imo. I'd say the majority of refs would have given it.

Comment

Originally posted by keane2097 View Post
          Anybody played much of Civilization V?
          I've played the demo a couple of times. Not too sure if I will buy the full game now. I played hundreds of hours of Civ 4 and they seem to have lost alot of what I loved in that game.
          Combat seems much more interesting, but the poor interface and taking out religon/espionage/detailed diplomacy make me a bit disappointed in Civ 5 so far. There's plenty of bugs in the new game too.

It's still prob an excellent strat game but very very different to the Civ I'm used to.

Comment

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Lafortezza View Post
              I've played the demo a couple of times. Not too sure if I will buy the full game now. I played hundreds of hours of Civ 4 and they seem to have lost alot of what I loved in that game.
              Combat seems much more interesting, but the poor interface and taking out religon/espionage/detailed diplomacy make me a bit disappointed in Civ 5 so far. There's plenty of bugs in the new game too.

It's still prob an excellent strat game but very very different to the Civ I'm used to.
              I havent played any of the Civ series,is Civ 4 heavy on the graphics and stuff? I'd buy it if I thought it would run on the desktop.
              Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

2nd in JPs End of Month last night, about the only tourney i run good in and play well in. Savage tourney with lotssss of play and replayed levels, its a must play tourney for people looking for a decent game and payout at the end of the night. Really doubt JP makes anything on the night.

Average for the FT was 120k should have came onto it with 500k lol but 300k had to do . Getting 2,3,4 outtered on a regular basis is great craic. Couldn't get going on the FT and the other lad basically knocked everyone off the FT. Got heads up with him my 200/300k to his 900k lol got with in with AJ v his AA flop and up and down and it bricks.

Really cant speak more highly of this tourney, anyone with access to this game should be playing it imo.
                Congrats on the result man well done

As for the game it probably is a great game but for somebody that wouldnt play it regularly or attend many of his pub games it can be a bit much when 15% of the prizepool is held back for his pub leagues and other bits if you get me?

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                Anyone else use yahoo mail? It hasn't worked in fucking days for me talking about temp maintenance, getting a bit much.
                Just tried logging in there and logged in no problems.
                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Ivey crushing the WSOPE main event in the last hour.

Today's Top Ten List

1 Phil Ivey 510,000
                  2 Bojan Gledovic 455,000
                  3 Viktor Blom 443,200
                  4 Darren Woods 372,500
                  5 Andrew Pantling 344,000
                  6 David Peters 309,300
                  7 Arnaud Mattern 280,900
                  8 Nicolas Levi 272,300
                  9 Dan Fleyshman 269,000
                  10 Brian Powell 266,100

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                    I havent played any of the Civ series,is Civ 4 heavy on the graphics and stuff? I'd buy it if I thought it would run on the desktop.
                    CIV 4 will destroy your life. I have it running reasonably okay on the most basic settings with 1.7GHz centrino, 2GB ram and integrated graphics on my old laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

Just tried logging in there and logged in no problems.
                      Turns out it's only happening on crome, for the last few days.
                      But the error message is that they are experiencing down time/maintenance.
                      Weird.
                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

LOL United, typical slip up when we get a chance to close the gap.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                          CIV 4 will destroy your life. I have it running reasonably okay on the most basic settings with 1.7GHz centrino, 2GB ram and integrated graphics on my old laptop.
                          I'm taking a break from the pokerz so I'm looking for something to fill the yawning chasm that's now opened up.Sounds like this might fit the bill.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                            Ivey crushing the WSOPE main event in the last hour.

Today's Top Ten List

1 Phil Ivey 510,000
                            2 Bojan Gledovic 455,000
                            3 Viktor Blom 443,200
                            4 Darren Woods 372,500
                            5 Andrew Pantling 344,000
                            6 David Peters 309,300
                            7 Arnaud Mattern 280,900
                            8 Nicolas Levi 272,300
                            9 Dan Fleyshman 269,000
                            10 Brian Powell 266,100
                            and isildur in 3rd place.

Comment

As for the game it probably is a great game but for somebody that wouldnt play it regularly or attend many of his pub games it can be a bit much when 15% of the prizepool is held back for his pub leagues and other bits if you get me?
                              Yeah i understand Danny, you are probably right.

Comment

Anyone know how long it takes for payouts from rakebackftw.com to hit your moneybookres a/c?

Comment

Just seen that Liverpool goal from yesterday, it was a goal imo. I'd say the majority of refs would have given it.
                                  Jaysus I dunno. Plus he had his back to it so i suppose it was the linesman who awarded it really. lol@ the discussion with hands over mouths between ref and linesman and bigger lol @ Hodgson referring to the Sunderland penalty as "compensatory"

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                    and isildur in 3rd place.

Comment

feckin hell if Johnny Evans and oShea play like this against Valencia 3-0 to Val wil get my money.

Comment

Jesus when was the last time that the big 3 + Liverpool failed to get a win between them in a round of fixtures?

Comment

I'm sure I'm not the only one who was hypnotized by her putting on her jeans :

NSFW

SPOILER
                                          Last edited by BobSloane; 26-09-10, 13:03.

Comment

I think it may have happened last season.

Comment

Got it from my cousins yesterday and it's pretty good but it's pretty damn tough.

Can't find any strategy aside anywhere online - any general tips to not getting the shit beat out of you?

Comment

Got it from my cousins yesterday and it's pretty good but it's pretty damn tough.

Can't find any strategy aside anywhere online - any general tips to not getting the shit beat out of you?
                                                I found this forum back in the dizzle when I was getting fisted to bits by the computer in civ4, just follow some of the start-to-finish strategies there and you'll get a feel for the game eventually.

Comment

I couldn't agree more.I've played this game a few times and it is highly enjoyable but I will not play it in future while league money is taken from the prizepool.Lots of people travel for monthly games and to deduct moneys for local leagues is taking the piss.

Comment

Brag: Nani and Petrov save my FF week with a goal and an assist each. Hopefully some bonus points too

Beat: Zat Knight is my third choice substitute

Variance: horsebox Carroll still to play at home to Stoke

Comment

Dexter and Eastbound and Down back tonight, plus Boardwalk Empire, awesome.
                                                      Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                      I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                      None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

2nd in JPs End of Month last night, about the only tourney i run good in and play well in. Savage tourney with lotssss of play and replayed levels, its a must play tourney for people looking for a decent game and payout at the end of the night. Really doubt JP makes anything on the night.

Average for the FT was 120k should have came onto it with 500k lol but 300k had to do . Getting 2,3,4 outtered on a regular basis is great craic. Couldn't get going on the FT and the other lad basically knocked everyone off the FT. Got heads up with him my 200/300k to his 900k lol got with in with AJ v his AA flop and up and down and it bricks.

Really cant speak more highly of this tourney, anyone with access to this game should be playing it imo.
                                                        Winner?

Comment

Does anyone know if you can bring a large umbrella on Ryanair as hand luggage? My dad and brother are going over to the Ryder Cup at the weekend, and don't want to be robbed of €40+ for one over there!

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                            Winner?
                                                            Some lad called Connor? i think that was his name. The deck smacked him in the face all night but he played well. Never seen him before. Kestrel tomorrow night?

Comment

Some lad called Connor? i think that was his name. The deck smacked him in the face all night but he played well. Never seen him before. Kestrel tomorrow night?
                                                              Yep, warm up for Killarney - ye headin down, good crew goin by the sounds of it, even ghostface found the road outta the pale

Edit - Was conor early 40's, grey hair?

Comment

<3 Sky News,so unbiased

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZm5cm0ZtL4&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfpCCnevS4Q&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can turn down most details and settings to run on a slower PC. It's 4/5? years old now and my 4 yr old desktop can run it fine as long as I don't play massive maps. Just make sure you get the Civilisation4: Beyond the Sword version, all bugs fixed and it has all the expansion stuff. With Civ 5 coming out it'll probably drop in price. 20EUR on Steam at the moment.

I'm taking a break from the pokerz so I'm looking for something to fill the yawning chasm that's now opened up.Sounds like this might fit the bill.
                                                                  Consider Football Manager either if you like chavball. You'll lose days and weeks to either this or Civ. FM2011 is out at the start of November.

Comment

Nah, I've played very little of it so far, civfanatics.com has forums with probably all the strategy and tip you need.

Comment

Do you like point and click adventure games?

I'm currently playing through Tales of Monkey Island. There's five episodes. I'm on the second one at the moment. Can't recommend it enough.

Other good games in similar vein are the Broken Sword series and Grim Fandango which is my personal favourite.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post

I'm currently playing through Tales of Monkey Island. There's five episodes. I'm on the second one at the moment. Can't recommend it enough.

Other good games in similar vein are the Broken Sword series and Grim Fandango which is my personal favourite.
                                                                        I used to play these a million years ago on the Commodore 64.They were just text based then (Zork,Colossal Cave etc).

I'm more into the strategy games now,especially the Total War series.Might check out Monkey Island though,tnx.

EDIT: lol,this,without stephen hawking

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys8wTNzZsjQ[/ame]
                                                                        Last edited by Icarus152; 26-09-10, 14:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                          Yep, warm up for Killarney - ye headin down, good crew goin by the sounds of it, even ghostface found the road outta the pale

Edit - Was conor early 40's, grey hair?
                                                                          I'm skint man already down 200 to life rake today !

No Conor was no older than myself to be honest.

Comment

I'm skint man already down 200 to life rake today !

No Conor was no older than myself to be honest.
                                                                            Conor is a dealer, does a lot of the big tourns. You'd know him to see Ciaran. He played very well when came to my table

Comment

Just make sure you get the Civilisation4: Beyond the Sword version, all bugs fixed and it has all the expansion stuff. With Civ 5 coming out it'll probably drop in price. 20EUR on Steam at the moment.
                                                                              Just bought it on play for €8.48 with both expansions.Happy days.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                I hit a pretty cool career milestone tonight as I worked my first Airtricity Premier League game. It was a great experience even if we (Galway United) got thumped by Rovers.

Bit surprised after when a well known rovers player refused to give some kid with a fake microphone an interview but loads of his team mates made up for him being a bit of a dick tbf.
                                                                                Do you work as a ref/linesman?

Comment

Houllier and Heskey make some team ldo

Comment

...
                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

...
                                                                                      Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 26-09-10, 15:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                        slightly related: had to spend £1 for a 'regulation' plastic bag to put my sole 'liquid' item in - a feckin tiny bic cigarette lighter - by those thieving bollixes at Manchester airport two weeks ago.
                                                                                        Harshly worded email imo!
                                                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

For those of you not friends with me on Facebook. Tom rang me drunk at 3am last night and I recorded the convo.

Here's a little snippet........"i'm talking bout the nittiest, scabbiest, pikeyiest, 802020 feeling in the world, we gotta bag those chips. like i look at the worms,i keep on staring. i keep staring until they make the mistakes i used to make. then i crush. we are both prize bulls, we are instinct lu-las. crush. give me 3 bacon rolls. ill run over your toiletry bag with the prize bull. petes pizza, add on thats what im fucking talking bout"

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post

Grim Fandango is such an absolute gem. God I loved the old adventure games, I have that scummvm emulator thing and still play the likes of Monkey Island, Indianna Jones, Full Throttle, Beneath A Steel Sky, Martian Memorandum etc every now and then. Just awesome games, brilliant gameplay and usually great/funny stories. Games got infinitely worse when they moved from well crafted decent fun stories to just endless rehashes of Wolfenstein 3D.
                                                                                              "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

It was a long grind, was so close to being even so many times but wouldn't stop until I was there. Its the only way I can grind, lose a bunch first!!

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                                                  It was a long grind, was so close to being even so many times but wouldn't stop until I was there. Its the only way I can grind, lose a bunch first!!
                                                                                                  Was the drop all at 2/4?

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                    Do you work as a ref/linesman?
                                                                                                    sports physio or "athletic rehabilitation therapist" as Im officially known

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
                                                                                                      Was the drop all at 2/4?
                                                                                                      Yeah, lost a few buyins very quick at a £2/4 table, it hits the $ bankroll hard, its basically the same as $3/6 if not higher even. Most of the grind back was at 1/2 thought

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                                                        Yeah, lost a few buyins very quick at a £2/4 table, it hits the $ bankroll hard, its basically the same as $3/6 if not higher even. Most of the grind back was at 1/2 thought
                                                                                                        Nice job on the grind!!

Comment

Nice flow diagram of college loans in the US

Comment

EV line should be included in graph imo...

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                              sports physio or "athletic rehabilitation therapist" as Im officially known
                                                                                                              Starting lecturing your crew on Tuesday. I hope I can at least hold their attention!

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                                Does anyone know if you can bring a large umbrella on Ryanair as hand luggage? My dad and brother are going over to the Ryder Cup at the weekend, and don't want to be robbed of €40+ for one over there!
                                                                                                                Hi, the missus works there as a flight dispatcher, she says once security let it through, it should be fine. But only if that is all the hand luggage they have, that + a bag might incur a charge
                                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                                                  Why? You can pretty much tell nothing conclusive from the line anyway.

Sick Grinding though Digi. Now imagine if ya could do that...without losing a bunch first.
                                                                                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

LOL ManYoo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                                                      Just for you Ace, thats $1700 below EV or 8 buyins!!!

And FWIW I agree with Steve that it doesn't really tell you much anyway. I had JJ and QQ into an overpair god knows how many times and could't suck out once!

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                                                        Grim Fandango is such an absolute gem. God I loved the old adventure games, I have that scummvm emulator thing and still play the likes of Monkey Island, Indianna Jones, Full Throttle, Beneath A Steel Sky, Martian Memorandum etc every now and then. Just awesome games, brilliant gameplay and usually great/funny stories. Games got infinitely worse when they moved from well crafted decent fun stories to just endless rehashes of Wolfenstein 3D.
                                                                                                                        Have you played the new Tales of Monkey Island? The five episodes were released over 2009 and 2010. I got them all for $5 last week. Old school quality gameplay.

Think I'll have to go looking for my old copy of Grim Fandango. It's been too long.

Comment

never got into the other civs at all like i did the first one

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X