X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
    Not the most intelligent thing I have ever read if I'm honest
    Its a smoker thing.
    The 'you'll die 10 years early' thing doesn't bother a lot of us hugely.
    Its the emphysema and the tubes and the lungs you can't breathe through for the preceding years which give us the sweats.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
      cool let it be known I have no idea what im at
      hustler!

Comment

Straights/flushes don't count for the top hand lads

Comment

I lost already,

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
            hustler!
            lol is this game mostly run good?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Theres a big 'anti-religious' aspect in play I think. If the book was about other science 'hot-topics', say it was pro-GM foods, or a 'we should do nothing about climate change' book or a 'pro nuclear power' book - the fuss probably wouldn't be as big.
              ?
              He is the minister for Science
              Isn't the book part of a movement that states that one of the corner stones of modern Science is bullshit
              Not only that, but that is all lies by the media, governments and schools

OOH and we all lived with pet Dino's 6000 years ago
              These fucks saw an episode of The Flintstones and built a scientific myth out of it linked to the Bible

Anyhu I thought the Catholic religion basically accepts that creationism and design are rubbish so it is hardly another attack on religion in this country (seeing as most attacks in this country are aimed and the catholic church)
              Last edited by Guest; 13-09-10, 23:41. Reason: church

Comment

cool let it be known I have no idea what im at
                Played about 4 hands.

1 hand you have an invalid hand because you put a straight at the back and a flush in the middle.

1 hand you used 2 pair in the middle but you were better off putting 1 pair in the middle and 1 pair at top

An other hand you had 7 diamonds and you just picked any 5 diamonds for a flush. You missed out on 2 other pairs because you picked the wrong diamonds in the flush

You're geting there tho!
                Crazy game. GG i think! Will play it again after a bit more research.

Comment

In fairness he (C Lenihan) hasn't done it in a public manner - its the writer who decided to emblazon his launch site with the Minister of Science stuff. Which means Lenihan should pull out obviously.
                  But I have a feeling Lenihan may have been innocent in all this.

Theres a big 'anti-religious' aspect in play I think. If the book was about other science 'hot-topics', say it was pro-GM foods, or a 'we should do nothing about climate change' book or a 'pro nuclear power' book - the fuss probably wouldn't be as big.
                  The thing is the book is pure 'anti-science'. The analogies you use are wrong. Its more like going to a book launch in a serious capacity of the 'Flat Earth' theory. The man is mocking the basic fundamental truth on which all biology is based.
                  Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

In fairness he (C Lenihan) hasn't done it in a public manner - its the writer who decided to emblazon his launch site with the Minister of Science stuff. Which means Lenihan should pull out obviously.

I understand what you're getting at but I disagree.

His status as a representative of his constituents, and as minister for science and education for adults and children across the country dictate that he should be doing his best to be avoiding this sort of thing let alone endorsing it.

The highlighted part is nonsense to be fair, he's a big boy, I'm sure he realised the implications of agreeing to this. Perhaps he's a publicity whore. He know's what he's doing alright.
                    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Thanks for the game lads.

even watching the way FD put his last few hands together got me thinking there is more to this than meets the eye.

How would a tournament format work?

Comment

I know there's a bit of hate for x-factor but was just watching this guys audition again and i really can't get where Simon and Pixie are coming from. He's obviously going to be a hit with the girls at home, and he's a far better singer than a lot of people they put through. Getting a bee in his bonnet and not even willing to give him a shot in the 2nd round was just laughable and the first time i've really hated Cowells decision.

He's 3rd favourite in the betting to win the show now with your one Cher after coming in from 7/1 to 3/1 and now 11/4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzkO9bagV0U
                        He isn't much of a singer at all imo.
                        I think he has an awful head on him but I suppose they'll clean him up a bit, still don't understand how chicks would be into him but a lot of them are pretty demented.

If i were a betting man, I'd put a good chunk on him having f-all chance of winning.
                        There haven't been any stand outs thus far.

You're one Cher Lloyd was just weird tbh.
                        Guess my tastes aren't the same as the masses.

I see Johnny Chan won it 2 days before Willie!
                        Kayroo?
                        Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 13-09-10, 23:43.
                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

lol is this game mostly run good?
                          Your straight flush helped because you got bonuses. You did get dealt some monsters and you put quite a few together well

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                            Not the most intelligent thing I have ever read if I'm honest
                            You must not read alot because I would have put it in the retarded category.

Opr

Comment

Well according to the Irish Times he knows what he's doing!!

Mr Lenihan said he is not launching the book as Minister for Science but rather as a TD because Mr May is a constituent of his.

The “Gorillas and Girls” launch party will begin with a talk entitled "How evolution made monkeys out of man” at 7:30pm before the Minister launches the book at 8pm.
                              He's not attending as a private citizen, he's launching the bloody thing in an official capacity, and I presume giving a speech!!

And all those other cases you talked about are "hot topics" as you say, Evolution is hardly a "hot topic" now is it?
                              Last edited by Ste05; 13-09-10, 23:50.

Comment

Fuck evolution.How 'bout that?
                                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

WTF????

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdZ9weP5i68&[/ame]

Comment

bubbleking, I played chinese poker for a while, there is a free iphone app that has decent AI, I used that to learn a lot of the time you sacrifice a hand to avoid the scoop, depends on the scoring used as to what is best.

Monthly pub final last night.
                                    finished second for 380, plus took 500 as last longest betweem weekly players (almost everyone bar the winner was there). First was 740, want to take 1000+ but ran into a house heads up.
                                    Turned down a deal 2 hadned that would of given me 950 or so, was defo -EV. Still happy to be win the most.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                      Should I just get stuck in from the start or anyone who is a fan give me an idea what to do with his discography ?

Opr
                                      Closing Time and Rain Dogs are my favorites anyway.His early stuff is quite mild compared to the darker materials he paints with as he gets older. There's only 10 years between the albums but everything is different.

Comment

One of my favourite movies to this day is 'An American Werewolf in London'.

I saw it when I was just a kid and got a pirate copy off my mates big brother who worked in a video booth on Burnt Oak high street. It was rated XX at the time, was there similar ratings here at the time?

It's my most watched movie, i've seen it at least 100 times since I was a kid and at this stage it's prob just the nostalgia aspect that keeps me watching, I can't help myself, I just love it.

My reason for posting is the music, some brilliant tunes that I may have missed out on, if it weren't for the movie.

My favourite first, love this!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTPTa278dZY[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BmEGm-mraE[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5E8Bc9q_ok[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
                                          The beatles held her back imo.

Don't if posted before, but

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A43JOxLa5MM[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWhxCB0ndJE[/ame]
                                          Last edited by MegaSin; 14-09-10, 00:14.

Comment

Comment

I saw it when I was just a kid and got a pirate copy off my mates big brother who worked in a video booth on Burnt Oak high street. It was rated XX at the time and was officially banned. Was there similar ratings here at the time?

It's my most watched movie, i've seen it at least 100 times since I was a kid and at this stage it's prob just the nostalgia aspect that keeps me watching, I can't help myself, I just love it.

My reason for posting though is the music, some brilliant tunes that I may have missed out on, if it weren't for the movie.

My favourite first,I always get a tingle when I hear this. Bobby Vinton, I salute you.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTPTa278dZY[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BmEGm-mraE[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5E8Bc9q_ok[/ame]
                                              Last edited by dannydiamond; 14-09-10, 00:21.

Comment

just looking over my photos from 08 when I was in the states. I forgot that I got to wear an authentic superbowl xxxv ring the year the ravens won it.

SPOILER

here is a close up - its worth some serious mullah

SPOILER

edit - can a mod resize these to make them easier to view?
                                                Last edited by Bubbleking; 14-09-10, 00:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
                                                  Fantastic.

Comment

You could make a career out of being Rooney's lookalike

Comment

just looking over my photos from 08 when I was in the states. I forgot that I got to wear an authentic superbowl xxxv ring the year the ravens won it.

SPOILER

here is a close up - its worth some serious mullah

SPOILER
                                                      Jeez BK,you look like king of the pikey bare knuckle boxers.

Here,

Last edited by Icarus152; 14-09-10, 00:22.

Comment

Oh yeah Djokovic is making me a believer out of him. Class play.
                                                        We have a match.

Comment

Btw did anyones internet access disappear for an hour just there?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                            You could make a career out of being Rooney's lookalike
                                                            unfortunately i look more like him now due to receding hairlineaments

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                            Jeez BK,you look like king of the pikey bare knuckle boxers.
                                                            That was taken at 7am the day after thanksgiving where free beer/spirits was on tap. I was in bits

Comment

I think if the Minister for Science endorses something which is somewhere just left of insane on the crazy-scale and which also happens to fundamentally reject, without any scientific basis, the core concept in modern biology then yes I think it's a big deal regardless of what the topic happens to be.

If the book said that gravity didn't really exist and that we are all held onto the Earth by hope, happiness and gumdrops I'd be equally appalled.

Religion isn't the issue here, rather the anti-scientific nonsense this man is spouting being endorsed by the Minister for Science is.
                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

In 1 sense you are right in that is a religion aspect at play but that is down to the religion more than anything. You don't have a creation type moment opposing gravity or opposing quantum mechanics as they doesn't contradict, in such a massive way, the opening pages of their infallible holy book.

Interestingly, the biggest demolition I have read of creationism/intelligent design was done by Kenneth Miller, who is a catholic, in Finding Darwins God. So it can be reconciled to some believers but just not to a sizable population.
                                                                Last edited by cooker3; 14-09-10, 00:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                  Should I just get stuck in from the start or anyone who is a fan give me an idea what to do with his discography ?

Opr
                                                                  Im not best qualified to answer but 'Closing Time' the album which that song is from is a fantastic album.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss Kev, this thread is such an emotional roller-coaster.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58
                                                                      stars down for anyone else?
                                                                      working perfect for me.

Comment

Any stream for the tennis?

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post

I saw it when I was just a kid and got a pirate copy off my mates big brother who worked in a video booth on Burnt Oak high street. It was rated XX at the time and was officially banned. Was there similar ratings here at the time?

My reason for posting though is the music, some brilliant tunes that I may have missed out on, if it weren't for the movie.

My favourite first,I always get a tingle when I hear this. Bobby Vinton, I salute you.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Creedence Clearwater Revival Bad Moon RisingGreen RiverLyrics:I see the bad moon rising.I see trouble on the way.I see earthquakes and lightnin'.I see bad ti...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5E8Bc9q_ok
                                                                          Was all going so well until the weird karaoke guy version of moondance!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGCEH6hpI-Y&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Finally we have a world cup story, U17 girls beat Ghana 3 0 so top group and pip Brazil who beat Canada 2 0. All 4 teams entered the night level on 3 points and same goal difference.

Comment

Full tilt, IPoker and Party will not connect for me either. WTF???
                                                                              i haven't a clue what might be the problem tbh, do you have them blocked by a firewall or something like that ??

Comment

Just watched all of "John J. May"'s videos posted earlier in the thread. Wow.

That said I wish I could sign off every rant with "yee-haw!"

Comment

Lenihan has finally seen sense it looks like.

Comment

forgot that I got to wear an authentic superbowl xxxv ring the year the ravens won it.
                                                                                    You forgot, or you forgot to brag about it here at the time

Re the Conor Lenihan Thing:
                                                                                    Despite being a science graduate, i had no idea that dope was Minister for science.
                                                                                    Heres a radical idea- make a SCIENTIST minister for Science. Stop treating ministries as baubles to be handed out to pig-ignorant gobshites just because "dey are Party Min through and through". Jesus fkn christ has this guy ever even had a real job or did he just Parachute into the Dail of the back if his Fathers name
                                                                                    List system FTW. It will never happen though.
                                                                                    The ministers are going to be TDs, its not going to change. There isn't any science based work as part of the position, the scientists are there as advisors, doing the background stuff yada yada yada. That's appliable to almost every position. And it's a pretty silly one imo. Should Roy Keane be made minister for sport? Would Harold Shipman made a good minister for health?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                      The ministers are going to be TDs, its not going to change. There isn't any science based work as part of the position, the scientists are there as advisors, doing the background stuff yada yada yada. That's appliable to almost every position. And it's a pretty silly one imo. Should Roy Keane be made minister for sport? Would Harold Shipman made a good minister for health?
                                                                                      Well apparently Lenihan has pulled out of the book launch. Front page story, below the fold, on tomorrow's Irish Times. Which is good considering they go to print about 2am and the website carried the story that he was attending at 9:13pm tonight.

Poor Conor must have had an awful shock.

Comment

Just shipped the 25 quid scalps tourney in d1 tonight. Happy days.
                                                                                        http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                                                                                        http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

Fair play to Nadal.
                                                                                          He is an absolute beast.
                                                                                          I can see him doing the "Rafaslam" in January.

Comment

Fully deserved from Rafa but fair play to Djokovic for making a game of it. It's really good to see all these great players so gracious in both defeat and victory.
                                                                                            If Djokovic maintains his level of play he will def win a couple more grand slams imo.
                                                                                            Can't wait til the aussie open now!

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                                                                              Was all going so well until the weird karaoke guy version of moondance!
                                                                                              Oh shit, I was gambling. As I said earlier, my internet is appalingly slow tonight and I couldn't actually proof watch the vids before posting. apoligies to all!

Comment

should get cooker and cardshark a tennis forum

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                  I had a hour long battle with a big spider the other day. Was on the wall beside me taunting me so I sprayed him with fly spray. It only weakened him and he hid behind something, I was ready for his escape to get free but the massive fucker was so fast I missed him and he got under the couch. I await his return to finish our epic battle.
                                                                                                  The battle recommenced tonight and just finished.

Got him.

Comment

Nadal will break Federer's 16 slams imo.

Fitness is the only thing that can stop him.
                                                                                                    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                    I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                    None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

A well-connected Irish source tells me he is hoping Conal Lenihan may back down and not attend the launch of the dopey book. If my source is right, it would probably be worth showering him with letters emails. Especially eMails from Ireland. PZ give his eMail address as Conor.Lenihan@deti.ie. Or, as PZ also suggests, write letters to the Irish Independent and Irish Times. Also Twitter. The harangue by John J May, the book's author, is as spectacularly stupid as anything I've heard from a creationist in a long time.

Richard

Thats cool. I still want him hanged just for being FF though.
                                                                                                      Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

I watched Robin Hood earlier.

WALOS.

Comment

I never wanna fucking sleep but when I do I never wanna get up. Ireland needs some 24hour tittie bars IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post

I think it will stop him. I don't think he will be a comparable level when he is 28. He plays such a brutal physical style. His knees will give out eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                                                                                                              I think it will stop him. I don't think he will be a comparable level when he is 28. He plays such a brutal physical style. His knees will give out eventually.
                                                                                                              That is the worry for certain.

Looks like hes just going to dominate until that happens though.
                                                                                                              Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                              I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                              None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

I still think fed has a couple in him and don't think nadal will finish ahead of him on the slam count.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post

pfft Robery Fahey, 40 wins in real tennis grand slam tournaments, top that R.Fed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Slam_(real_tennis)

Comment

I have slept about 7 hours in 3 days now. Went out friday got home at 2 and was woken up by getting txt at 4.30, up all night then, went to bed about 2am on sat and then girl calls me after 3 and couldnt sleep after that. then after watching cowboys skins game last night i dloaded my sunday tv shows and as best as i tried couldnt get to sleep and ended up watching all 4 hours of them into the night. slept about 5am til 7 when went to work and now its after 1am, i played rugby,relaxed at hot tub and still am wide awake. Think im starting to go crazy...

Comment

A TRUE smoking story

One upon a time there was a trendy 60's chick who decided to give smoking a whirl. She smoked 40 a day in her hey day and was down to about 20-35 in the 90's

In 2004 the person collapsed unable to breath and was rushed into hospital, twas St Stevens day. She was told if she didn't stop smoking now she would be dead, guaranteed within 18 months.

She did what she was told and never touched another cigarette. She wanted to see her family grow up, grand children grow and meet the ones that weren't born yet. She was only 55 after all.

In May/June this year she woke to find she couldn't breath. Ambulance called and she was taken to hospital. Even on double oxygen they could not get her breathing properly. The damage to the lungs was too great. Emphysema was diagnosed and she also had pneumonia. Now any infection could kill her as she has no immune system at all.

After a few weeks she was stabilised and allowed home but told she will need oxygen for the rest of her life which they also said they did not know now how much of it was left. She was upset, only 61 FFS!

This lady is my mum, and I can't believe she could possibly go any time. They also found something on her lung during a chest x-ray. It has not been identified yet.

Guys, if you want to give up, do it now before you HAVE to or you might live to regret it.

I am glad that I have never smoked and none of my family did bar the parents. Both gave up at the same time. Expensive deadly shit and no good thing about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                        bubbleking, I played chinese poker for a while, there is a free iphone app that has decent AI, I used that to learn a lot of the time you sacrifice a hand to avoid the scoop, depends on the scoring used as to what is best.

Monthly pub final last night.
                                                                                                                        finished second for 380, plus took 500 as last longest betweem weekly players (almost everyone bar the winner was there). First was 740, want to take 1000+ but ran into a house heads up.
                                                                                                                        Turned down a deal 2 hadned that would of given me 950 or so, was defo -EV. Still happy to be win the most.
                                                                                                                        whats the name of the app?

Comment

@Flushdraw - xfactor. I thought Cowell was right on this one. Your man thought he already had the show won and was far too cocky. I think Cowell did it to bring him back down to earth. Decent voice alright though.

@Conor Lenihan. Can't believe all the shock. This is the same Minister who fell asleep while waiting for a morning interview on Radio 1. When he was asked the first question, all you could hear was him snoring

@Smokes. Off them 13 years now. No choice though, it was me or them. I don't miss them at all but its funny I often dream that I have had one and I wake up disgusted with myself.

Kev, very sorry to hear about your friend. Tough times for all his family and friends.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X