Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lesser-judge would have been tempted to interject here - actually thats not even slightly ironic.

She said cars had been her son’s passion and it was ironic a car had taken his life.
    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Watching the pokah coverage . Bad bad memories.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

I see we're all cricket fans now
        Some achievement all the same (although the nature of T20 does lend itself to more shock results so the WC win in Bangalore, with accompanying KO'B mayhem, will always be a greater victory imo).
        Definitely a bigger win than the rugby series in NZ.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Some achievement all the same (although the nature of T20 does lend itself to more shock results so the WC win in Bangalore, with accompanying KO'B mayhem, will always be a greater victory imo).
          Definitely a bigger win than the rugby series in NZ.
          Bigger in what sense?
          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Young lad jailed for 3.5 years. Stabbed an intruder who broke into his home and assaulted him.(the assailant thought the other lad had damaged his car so probably known to each other) The guy who broke in was bigger with powerful build while he was smaller and slight. The article states there was some suggestion he assaulted his mother also

The jury thought the force used was excessive.

WTF are you supposed to do when some big fucker assaults you in your own home after smashing their way in...harsh language?
            Wait till they have the better of you and then make your move ...oh sorry too late.

I suppose the finer details would shed more light on it but what are you expected to do in these situations when you're panicking. Guy could have a screwdriver or something ....oh judge I was changing a plug earlier!

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
              Young lad jailed for 3.5 years. Stabbed an intruder who broke into his home and assaulted him.(the assailant thought the other lad had damaged his car so probably known to each other) The guy who broke in was bigger with powerful build while he was smaller and slight. The article states there was some suggestion he assaulted his mother also

The jury thought the force used was excessive.

WTF are you supposed to do when some big fucker assaults you in your own home after smashing their way in...harsh language?
              Wait till they have the better of you and then make your move ...oh sorry too late.

I suppose the finer details would shed more light on it but what are you expected to do in these situations when you're panicking. Guy could have a screwdriver or something ....oh judge I was changing a plug earlier!

As with literally every single one of these cases, the details matter.
              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Danish father in the school. I'd always make some stupid little light-hearted comment thing when I see him. Never a peak of emotion out of him. Today I meet him for the third day in a row and throw out "these things come in threes" (don't judge me, I've nearly given up), and he nearly split himself laughing. Like a worrying amount of laughter. Some guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Bigger in what sense?
                  The rugby was the no 2 team in the world defeating the no 3, two teams of world class full-time pros. So a big achievement, given we'd never done it before but still no great surprise on current form.

The cricket was a squad full of household names, all IPL pros, against part timers who'd be doing well to clear 40k p.a. from the game. In soccer terms, it's like Finn Harps beating Real Madrid.

Comment

Bigger in what sense?
                    Bigger because it was in a competitive match and the rugby was only a friendly

Comment

As with literally every single one of these cases, the details matter.
                      Yep, 2 eye witness accounts contradicting each other.

Killers mate says yer man came into the house and up the stairs, had a row and it was accidental.

Dead lads mate says he was walking out the door, yer man came after him, called him and stabbed him in the chest when he turned round.

Jury obviously felt enough evidence was presented to reach their verdict but it is hilarious seeing lads online (not here, twitter and the like) saying but but but what about our right to protect ourselves in our property.

As you said, details.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Yep, 2 eye witness accounts contradicting each other.

Killers mate says yer man came into the house and up the stairs, had a row and it was accidental.

Dead lads mate says he was walking out the door, yer man came after him, called him and stabbed him in the chest when he turned round.

Jury obviously felt enough evidence was presented to reach their verdict but it is hilarious seeing lads online (not here, twitter and the like) saying but but but what about our right to protect ourselves in our property.

As you said, details.
                        I think in Ireland you have the right to protect yourself from danger and use deadly force if necessary (?) but that right doesn't extend to using deadly force to protect inanimate objects or animals.
                        I could be absolutely spoofing there tbh.

But whats IPB without a bitta legal ignorance. Where's our resident wig wearing weirdo Kayroo.

Also Hitch, you know that Danish lad is leaving for school muttering to himself "Christ Ive to see this unfunny weirdo again, perhaps I should make an effort"

Comment

In fairness I did say the finer details would shed more light.

It's more the wider point around whole reasonable force thing.(not sure what the law is, I know there were changes not too long ago) I'm probably not going to wait around for someone to get the better of me or produce a weapon or procure one from the kitchen etc.... if they haven't legged it the instant they see you well you don't have a lot of time to decide what to do..adrenalin will take over and it's get away yourself if that's even possible or attack.
                          And any attack you make could have fatal consequences obviously.

Imagine you have kids in the house.

Comment

Rumours the Irish cricket team singing 4 green fields in the changing room. (After tea).

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Bigger because it was in a competitive match and the rugby was only a friendly
                              Bigger in the cricket loving base sports sense. In the main the public dont think so. . Cricket is a minority sports unfortunately. Rory mc being world no.1 is incredible really considering the global reach of golf. We punch above...

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Bigger in the cricket loving base sports sense. In the main the public dont think so. . Cricket is a minority sports unfortunately. Rory mc being world no.1 is incredible really considering the global reach of golf. We punch above...
                                Ah golf has a sort of fake global reach. It seeeeems like it does, but not really. Too expensive and time consuming for any non wealthy country to even try and get on the golf ladder.

Nothing at all in Africa.
                                China is overstated.
                                Nothing in India.
                                Middle East has no grassroots but lots of resorts.
                                Nothing major in SE Asia really, arguably Thailand.
                                Nothing major in South America.

Japan, US, Ireland, Aus, UK, Korea, Canada, really the only places with any sort of grassroots game,

Comment

Ireland beating New Zealand isn’t even in the top 5 Irish international sporting achievements this year, might just about scrape top 10 , would have to think about it
                                  Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Actually Ire V NZ not even top Irish rugby achiement of year that would be Ronan o Gara leading plucky upstarts to victory over Leinster
                                    Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Ah golf has a sort of fake global reach. It seeeeems like it does, but not really. Too expensive and time consuming for any non wealthy country to even try and get on the golf ladder.

Nothing at all in Africa.
                                      China is overstated.
                                      Nothing in India.
                                      Middle East has no grassroots but lots of resorts.
                                      Nothing major in SE Asia really, arguably Thailand.
                                      Nothing major in South America.

Japan, US, Ireland, Aus, UK, Korea, Canada, really the only places with any sort of grassroots game,
                                      Its no longer the elite game it was. Its still up its own arse ruleswise . Millions more play golf now. . In Ireland Cricket is not really on the same level in relation to public consciousness. We beat England its makes a splash we beat Scotland , barely a ripple . Golfs biggest drawback is the time to play all right but also its greatest attraction for most men to escape for the day. Genius , probably saves marraiges

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                        Site fixed...
                                        Not sure what this is referring to but i've gotten a warning page twice, once today and once yesterday saying "The site ahead contains malware"

That could be something to do with my browser and nothing with the site though.

(seems to happen when i click the banner at top of the page)
                                        Last edited by Degag; 26-10-22, 19:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

Not sure what this is referring to but i've gotten a warning page twice, once today and once yesterday saying "The site ahead contains malware"

The site ahead contains malware

Attackers currently on www.irishpokerboards.com might attempt to install dangerous programs on your computer that steal or delete your information (for example, photos, passwords, messages, and credit cards). Learn more
                                          I've been getting the same thing using Chrome. Specifically happens every time I click the below banner on the front page if someone wants to try to recreate the error.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

I've been getting the same thing using Chrome. Specifically happens every time I click the below banner on the front page if someone wants to try to recreate the error.

Yeah, using Chrome too and happens when i click the banner.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

(seems to happen when i click the banner at top of the page)
                                              That's Google getting pissy about tapa talk popup.
                                              We are onto them about it, they did this before
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

This is fucking amazing...

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

A good 30 mins now stuck in a traffic jam between Donnybrook Church and RTE at 10.30pm. Seems like morons doing roadworks forgot that maybe a diversion might be an idea if you close 5 lanes of 6 on a major arterial route. FFFS.

Comment

So further add to the irony. Rishi the new Indian PM is an anagram of another people the brits pillaged from. We are definitely in a simulation. And they are mocking us.

Comment

Bruxelles with Hitch on Wednesday/Thursday probably not the best plan ever.
                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Ended up leaving him in 37 Dawson Street. Hope he gets to wherever he's going
                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

You could get a phenomenal trip out of Vietnam & Cambodia
                                                          Ending up picking Vietnam in the end.

Going on a whistle stop tour of Ho Chi Minh, Mha Trang, Sapa, Haoi, Long Bay, Da Nag, Cham
                                                          Last edited by Denny Crane; 27-10-22, 09:28.

Comment

Facebook getting decimated. Wonder how much of the waste on the metaverse is just chasing the dragon for Zuckerburg. FB is fading off into obscurity and he's just punting on something new.

Comment

I got to feed myself too and he is an agreeable dining companion.
                                                              Glad that I wasn't being abused in my absence.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                Facebook getting decimated. Wonder how much of the waste on the metaverse is just chasing the dragon for Zuckerburg. FB is fading off into obscurity and he's just punting on something new.
                                                                Is he not safe enough with users simply migrating to insta?
                                                                Surely revenues are fine, just stock price tumbling.
                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Losing hope that my research project with them will get funded..."any day now" for 3 months!

Comment

What is a decent restaurant in city centre that I have a reasonable chance of getting a booking for 2 on first weekend in December?
                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                      What is a decent restaurant in city centre that I have a reasonable chance of getting a booking for 2 on first weekend in December?
                                                                      As mentioned a while back, Mr Fox is my recommendation at the moment. Ticks all boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

As mentioned a while back, Mr Fox is my recommendation at the moment. Ticks all boxes.
                                                                        Sold, booked!
                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

On the restaurant recommendations topic. Anywhere in Dublin for Sunday that might accommodate 6-10 people without advance booking that's not a pub/gastropub?

We're looking at brunch/lunch and casual setting. Nothing fancy or expensive and preferably close-ish to the city centre.

Comment

On the restaurant recommendations topic. Anywhere in Dublin for Sunday that might accommodate 6-10 people without advance booking that's not a pub/gastropub?

We're looking at brunch/lunch and casual setting. Nothing fancy or expensive and preferably close-ish to the city centre.
                                                                            I'd book something if I were you. Dublin marathon is on and everywhere tends to be packed with zombies afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

I'd book something if I were you. Dublin marathon is on and everywhere tends to be packed with zombies afterwards.
                                                                              Cheers for this Lazare, I'll feed it back through the relevant channel (d'missus). There's a group of friends visiting and they might split up to do tourist stuff hence the unclear numbers.

I'll probably end up splintering off for a couple of pints at some stage. The Brazil presidential election run-off is on Sunday too. They moved to Croke Park this time to cope better with the numbers.

Comment

Cheers for this Lazare, I'll feed it back through the relevant channel (d'missus). There's a group of friends visiting and they might split up to do tourist stuff hence the unclear numbers.

I'll probably end up splintering off for a couple of pints at some stage. The Brazil presidential election run-off is on Sunday too. They moved to Croke Park this time to cope better with the numbers.
                                                                                Arisu - Korean bbq on capel st, v good.

​​​​​​Bovinity - also capel st, not tried it but looks good.
                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

The PokerStars European Poker Tour London continues with Day 5 of the £5,300 EPT Main Event. There are 8 players left of the 749 entries. The first-place pri...

Jamfly 8/9 starting unofficail FT in London - payjumps ahoy

Comment

Long time since I posted here but it might be a useful place to throw out an opportunity. I am looking for someone interested in a Night Time Remote Role who has a pretty big interest in Sports and Gambling (sports alone might still be a runner). Salary would be 32-39k range depending on past experience. The role would suit a Graduate as a lot of opportunity to move into Compliance, Marketing, Trading. The role does not need to be a Graduate so it would be open to all.

If anyone knows anyone or anyone is intereseted themselves I would suggest dropping me a DM on here. I will check back in a few days.

I am hoping my previous post count along with a good opportunity allows me to get away with the spam

Role here - https://www.xanadu.ie/vacancy/?v=VA150
                                                                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Does the Sporting Emporium end of month tournament get many runners? Approx finish time? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGtq...nel=PokerStars

Jamfly 8/9 starting unofficail FT in London - payjumps ahoy
                                                                                        ooof....KQ vs AT...hit a Q and then the dreaded A on the river to send him packing.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                          Does the Sporting Emporium end of month tournament get many runners? Approx finish time? Thanks
                                                                                          Not sure if you're just looking for a game tonight or a 300 quid game but IPO is on this weekend for 300 quid if you're not tied down for the weekend.

I've never played in the SE so can't help there unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                            Had 5 tables a last time I played, I was gone about midnight and plenty of play left. Was thinking of heading in tonight but too much shit to do tomorrow.
                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Oh shit son Hitchhiker's Guide To...
                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Lazare eamonhonda - Marathon road closures look like a ballache. I assume if I don't drive up early, can I just take the m50 northbound and come in by the navan road, finglas or stay on M50 to get to drumcondra, east wall etc?

Need to end up north inner city centre parnell st/summerhill area.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Had 5 tables a last time I played, I was gone about midnight and plenty of play left. Was thinking of heading in tonight but too much shit to do tomorrow.
                                                                                                  Poker is back and people are actually willing to play? Has to be an imminent global financial collapse....

Comment

Last year: "your kid is a prick who keeps getting out of his seat in class, you want to get him seen by someone"

This year: "your kid finishes his work ahead of the other kids, so was getting out of his seat and walking around, so I've given him some extra things to do and maybe he could bring in a book to keep him occupied"

The difference a teacher makes...

Comment

Huge fan of metaverse as an idea, but they just aren't approaching it well. That new Meta Quest Pro is an abomination. €1800 for something that just doesn't do much. And then the idea that you would use it to work on a fuzzy screen. The doubters are unfortunately correct.

Comment

Lazare eamonhonda - Marathon road closures look like a ballache. I assume if I don't drive up early, can I just take the m50 northbound and come in by the navan road, finglas or stay on M50 to get to drumcondra, east wall etc?

Public transport wanker here unfortunately!
                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

I think maybe the Drumcondra East Wall route would be the safest bet. There'll be closures around Manor St /Stoneybatter so the Finglas route might have issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                            Last year: "your kid is a prick who keeps getting out of his seat in class, you want to get him seen by someone"

This year: "your kid finishes his work ahead of the other kids, so was getting out of his seat and walking around, so I've given him some extra things to do and maybe he could bring in a book to keep him occupied"

The difference a teacher makes...
                                                                                                            When I was in like 1st class or whatever it was I'd finish my Maths and while waiting on the others to learn how to add I finished the rest of the math books for the rest of the years that the teacher gave me. She lost her shit at me after finishing the 6th class one and said that she had nothing else to shut me up. At least the teacher after that got me to correct the other students homework lol. I got in so much trouble in those years as it was so boring with nothing to do, so would just end up getting up walking around, falling off my chair for the craic, finished the headmasters punishment exercises book too.

Comment

How come none of you have mentioned Dr Sleep . Loved it .How did i miss it when it came out 1st

Danny Torrance story continues 40 years later.

Comment

Poker is back and people are actually willing to play? Has to be an imminent global financial collapse....
                                                                                                                Park and ride in Whitehall imo
                                                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Have you tried that place in Blackpits bear Portobello called the Hen’s Teeth? It’s really good

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

Park and ride in Whitehall imo
                                                                                                                    Decent shout actually. Herself is on stomach meds atm so no drinkies for her but lots of driving. Pints ahoy for coillcam.

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

Have you tried that place in Blackpits bear Portobello called the Hen’s Teeth? It’s really good
                                                                                                                    Haven't heard of it tbh. I'm based in the midlands so Dublin dining is a nice treat when we get the chance. Few options in my town which are either fairly standard or overpriced. Athlone probably has the best food scene in the midlands fwiw.

Comment

Has anyone ever come across the phenomenon of having had kitchens installed and then the doors expanding? We went away on Fri am, came back Weds pm and now have about 5 cabinet doors that don't close.

Will get the kitchen company out but still seems really weird.

Comment

Ending up picking Vietnam in the end.

Going on a whistle stop tour of Ho Chi Minh, Mha Trang, Sapa, Haoi, Long Bay, Da Nag, Cham
                                                                                                                        Try fit in Hoi An. My favourite place in SE Asia back in the day.

Comment

Has anyone ever come across the phenomenon of having had kitchens installed and then the doors expanding? We went away on Fri am, came back Weds pm and now have about 5 cabinet doors that don't close.

Will get the kitchen company out but still seems really weird.
                                                                                                                          I asked one of the many carpenters in the family -clearly none have heard of diversification- and he said that it might occur with certain material but he said it really shouldn’t happen at all.

He said untreated MDF might cause it but couldn’t be sure.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X