This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ugh....
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Last edited by DeadParrot; 06-04-20, 11:02. Reason: fixed tags

Comment

So have we to stay at least 2m away from tigers now?
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

don't entirely sure whats going on with tweets...
            As posted above..
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              Is there any evidence that they are similarly bad in other outbreaks - such as seasonal flu?
              Nothing I've seen tbh, I saw this: https://www.businessinsider.com/hist...andemic-2020-4

Means nothing for now but interesting how incredible the response in general was 100 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                As posted above..
                https://twitter.com/djbaskin/status/1246637822959693825
                I did some back end server upgrades earlier, not vbulletin ones. Shouldn't have messed with any of this stuff, but it seems to. I'll have a gander at some of the plugins soon.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                  As posted above..
                  https://twitter.com/djbaskin/status/1246637822959693825
                  I set it tweet, changed it to Twitter when that didn't work, and when that didn't work I tried to edit it again and I can't get the post open

Nevermind, all good!

Comment

Germany now also planning the road back to normality from 19th of April. Encouraging stuff!

Comment

I haven't been online in a week and heard no Covid-19 or Ireland news. Not going to read news now, but did I miss anything of particular note?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                        I haven't been online in a week and heard no Covid-19 or Ireland news. Not going to read news now, but did I miss anything of particular note?
                        Same shit.

US & UK are in trouble in most locations. Italy & Spain still the worst but maybe starting to get things under control. Boris might be in trouble having been admitted to hospital.

Germany handling things so well, the numbers are hard to believe. It looks though like they're just being German.

Ireland looking middle to upper end of the pack but encouraging signs overall.

Leo decide to go for the kill and return to the medical register in an effort to send the Shinners off the deep end completely.

Comment

Quality thread

Thread by @MyDoncaster: In November 1970, officials in Oregon, USA decided to blow up a rotting whale carcass. The whole thing went horribly do we bring this up? Well, this story can teach us 3 things about #coronavirus The story begins when a 45-foot s…

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Boris Johnson is gone into hospital.

Comment

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Liverpool behave shamefully again.

Comment

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

BoJo apparently moved to intensive care.

Comment

Testing

Comment

Sorry about that. I upgraded a few things, one of them got 'stuck'. Post thanks doesn't work at the minute, I'm working on it though.

Comment

I listened to this earlier and enjoyed it, good interview with John Connors
                                          John Connors has been self-isolating for the last little while so I caught up with him to talk to him about writing, acting and grieving.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                            Thats a bit of a shock. I see you have a new video on Vimeo. How did that come about?. How long did it take and any back story to it?.

Comment

Thanks fixed!

Now to attack other addons like the twitter one.

Comment

Jaysus that 'Conors clips' on Twitter is an absolutely heartbreaking read.

Its the Dad of the young kids killed in Newcastle earlier this year. One of the sons wanted to set up a YouTube channel and hes honouring their dreams. Hard timeline to look through. Must be so hard for him. His life destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                  Scary bit is based on his profile & on ICU data on Covid hes got a 50/50 chance

Comment

Originally posted by Fullof..It View Post
                                                    Scary bit is based on his profile & on ICU data on Covid hes got a 50/50 chance
                                                    They haven't said that he has gone on a ventilator. They say he was moved as a precaution and is still conscious. Who knows if that is the truth.

Opr

Comment

Heading into the last 3000 hands of the challenge. Phil currently crushing

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                        They haven't said that he has gone on a ventilator. They say he was moved as a precaution and is still conscious. Who knows if that is the truth.

Opr
                                                        Seeing tweets giving out about spokespeople understating his condition last few days so prob doing same now. I get why they would understate it, as cant see any value in being 100% honest.

Few reliable tweets about 50% chance although not sure if ventilation support is in scope of that.

Comment

[QUOTE=Opr;1127030]Heading into the last 3000 hands of the challenge. Phil currently crushing

Thats a short session too I think, they usually play approx 600 hands a session so vinidedi surely ulled the plug on the session.

6starpool. You are probably aware but the spoiler function is missing still.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                            Jaysus that 'Conors clips' on Twitter is an absolutely heartbreaking read.

Its the Dad of the young kids killed in Newcastle earlier this year. One of the sons wanted to set up a YouTube channel and hes honouring their dreams. Hard timeline to look through. Must be so hard for him. His life destroyed.
                                                            Can't read it.

He has his family with him over there thankfully. Glad he's not alone.
                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                              Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                              Heading into the last 3000 hands of the challenge. Phil currently crushing
                                                              Thats a short session too I think, they usually play approx 600 hands a session so vinidedi surely ulled the plug on the session.
                                                              They are still playing at the moment on twitch. The stream went offline for a bit but they are back at it.

Opr

Comment

Comment

Ah sure it's great craic being intubated. No better man.
                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I'd imagine they'd move him to intensive care at the slightest hint of a risk, so it's probably not as bad as a 50:50 shot. Can't be great news though.
                                                                    I genuinely hope so. Far, far from a political fan but wouldn't wish death on him like some of the droll Im seeing.
                                                                    Last edited by Fullof..It; 06-04-20, 20:42.

Comment

It looks a bit like every post has got a boards.ie type red card where the thanks button is. Skin = standard style.
                                                                      It's grand though, leave it that way.

Comment

A lot of people getting book envy because of these cunce being interviewed or hosting their shows from home using their bookshelf as a backdrop to show how smart they are.
                                                                        So just watch out for that, read books because you want to, not to keep up with the Dobsons.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                          Can't read it.

He has his family with him over there thankfully. Glad he's not alone.
                                                                          Same. Just popped up today when someone liked a tweet. Went in to look at the timeline and realised who he was. Gut wrenching stuff.

Comment

A lot of people getting book envy because of these cunce being interviewed or hosting their shows from home using their bookshelf as a backdrop to show how smart they are.
                                                                            So just watch out for that, read books because you want to, not to keep up with the Dobsons.
                                                                            I think it was Hitch who mentioned something like this before.

People keeping a library of physical books so to demonstrate your erudition when you have people over.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                              I think it was Hitch who mentioned something like this before.

People keeping a library of physical books so to demonstrate your erudition when you have people over.
                                                                              Did he, he's right. Someone on sky news half an hour ago practically draped over his bookshelf as he was being interviewed. Forget dragging a table in front of it, this guy was sitting on it. Ah shur they're doing no harm.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                working?

Last edited by 6starpool; 06-04-20, 20:55.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                  WestWorld season 3 worth a spin ?
                                                                                  I'm loving it so far, not as complex as season 2 where you couldn't blink in case you missed something.

Comment

hmmm, haven't seen that for a while (yes a poker story)

6-max cash, on button with JJ. Everyone has full stacks.

MP raises. CO calls. I 3-bet quite large.

SB calls, BB calls, MP calls, CO calls. Oh great.

Flop comes JsTx4s.

We get it in 4 ways on the flop.
                                                                                    SB has KQo, BB has TT, MP has Qs9s.

Where do I find a hand calculator these days? Suspect I was only about 40% there.
                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Fuck me, it's taken a global pandemic for this thread to return to its original purpose after more than a decade.
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                        It looks a bit like every post has got a boards.ie type red card where the thanks button is. Skin = standard style.
                                                                                        It's grand though, leave it that way.
                                                                                        I have de-redded it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                          Fuck me, it's taken a global pandemic for this thread to return to its original purpose after more than a decade.
                                                                                          HURollz sucka. See you on Full Tilt.

Comment

Spoiler fixed now I think. If anyone spots something not working, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                              hmmm, haven't seen that for a while (yes a poker story)

6-max cash, on button with JJ. Everyone has full stacks.

MP raises. CO calls. I 3-bet quite large.

SB calls, BB calls, MP calls, CO calls. Oh great.

Flop comes JsTx4s.

We get it in 4 ways on the flop.
                                                                                              SB has KQo, BB has TT, MP has Qs9s.

Where do I find a hand calculator these days? Suspect I was only about 40% there.
                                                                                              Nice estimating.

board: JsTd4s
                                                                                              JdJh 39.02% 320 0
                                                                                              KcQd 16.46% 129 12
                                                                                              TsTh 4.76% 39 0
                                                                                              Qs9s 39.76% 320 12

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                Nice estimating.

board: JsTd4s
                                                                                                JdJh 39.02% 320 0
                                                                                                KcQd 16.46% 129 12
                                                                                                TsTh 4.76% 39 0
                                                                                                Qs9s 39.76% 320 12
                                                                                                Jasysis, still got it.

What's the site pls?

Comment

Need to get macspower and kracen back

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                    Jasysis, still got it.

What's the site pls?

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                        I tell you one thing.

We will look back on this period in the distant future and reckon this to have been a Golden Period for BBV post content.

Comment

I'd imagine they'd move him to intensive care at the slightest hint of a risk, so it's probably not as bad as a 50:50 shot. Can't be great news though.
                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Trump offering sage advice and reassurance:

When you get brought into intensive care, that gets very, very serious.
                                                                                                            I'm sure BoJo will feel a lot better

Comment

Thats a bit of a shock. I see you have a new video on Vimeo. How did that come about?. How long did it take and any back story to it?.
                                                                                                              Well spotted! Only went up last night.

I've produced a few things over the last few years (Sign of the Times & Breast Intentions were two short doc's) and there was two pieces I did for two charities, a promo for Fighting Words (which is an absolutely amazing place) and a piece called Heart 2 Heart for the LGBT Helpline.

Decibel is something completely different as it's a sci-fi film but it was great fun to make it. It took us years, literally years, as we ran out of money and the director became the editor and had to learn a lot of the special effects himself.

We got it into a small film festival in Dublin late last year but will all the shite going on now, there's probably not going to be more festivals for a while so we decided to release it to the public.

Met some amazing people in the making of it.

Link is below for anybody who wants to have a gander.

Join the web’s most supportive community of creators and get high-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos in gorgeous HD with no ads.

Comment

Bojos Xray has been leaked
                                                                                                                Deffo something there.

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                  dvdfan too. Wonder what media he's a fan of now.

Comment

Gards, ambulance, and fire brigade here.
                                                                                                                    Hazmat suits the works.
                                                                                                                    suddenly very serious when it's literally outside your door

Comment

Hi 6star. Working for me now, but not when I click on the main link on the home page, only when I click last page via the subforums.
                                                                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

and Cooker3 and Roadsweeper.
                                                                                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

The outpouring of wishes for ole Bojo makes me think its way worse than the UK gov are letting on.

You'd swear he was already gonzo by some of the premature eulogies in the twitterverse.
                                                                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X