• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

't think so Don
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      Theres something weird happening with posts? I posted something quite large above and that's all that appeared. Noticed the same with mellors original post.
      Yeah it was odd. The letters that made it through weren

Edit: Wtf is going on Don?
      Last edited by Mellor; 07-04-20, 15:08.

Comment

Sites having a stroke.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
          Yeah it was odd. The letters that made it through weren

Edit: Wtf is going on Don?
          What did you try to post?

Comment

Does anyone know if th

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

A fun competition for kids stuck at home to design a sports kit. It might be useful for some of you.

Comment

Comment

I noticed the same thing yesterday but thought it was related to post size.
                      text parsing or delimiting makes sense....kinda....I mean it shouldn't but it's a possibility

"these

[kind
                      of |
                      things '
                      /

?
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

A Chinese fisherman who played the mandolin

Had the urge to copulate with a Pangolin

Unable to resist the urge we all witessed the surge

he should have stuck with the angling

Comment

I blame Tapatalk somehow
                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Front page is broken again www.irishpokerboards.com

Comment

All this poetry reminded me of a joke.

An irishman was sitting having a pint in a bar in New York when he was approached by a loud American. Hey Paddy, say he, I hear ye Irish are from the land of the poets and the scholars. Well lets have a competition, 5 minutes to make up a short poem. If you beat me, you can drink free for the nigh.
                              Grand says Paddy, you go 1st.

So the American thinks for 5 minutes and come up with:

Heres to Americas Bald Eagle,
                              Ever-free through the sky may she soar,
                              She protects and guards all our people,
                              From the East to the Western shore

Now Paddy, say he, bate that!!

So Paddy thought for a minute and says Im ready and orates in a classic danny Healy-Rae accent

Heres to the Wolf-hound of Erin,
                              Who looks out for the sick and the poor,
                              Fuck you and your bald-headed eagle,
                              You cross-eyed American hoor

I think its a 100% Neil Tobin joke. Dont know why but the lyrics stayed in my mind.

Comment

There was a duo called Jeff and Lloyd

Jeff was quiet and Lloyd was Lloyd

They got it in early and wished each other the best

Lloyd won the hand and started banging his chest

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                  and Cooker3 and Roadsweeper.
                                  Roadsweeper doing well for himself these days Shacked up back in Ireland with his missus and baby girl these days.

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                  NorwichFanRob and Gholi spring to mind for nostalgia!
                                  Gholi moved from Malta to Thailand for 6 months and looks to be having the life. Currently bulking up and learning Muay Thai. Won't be skinny little runt when he gets back

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                    Roadsweeper doing well for himself these days Shacked up back in Ireland with his missus and baby girl these days.

Gholi moved from Malta to Thailand for 6 months and looks to be having the life. Currently bulking up and learning Muay Thai. Won't be skinny little cunt when he gets back
                                    fyp
                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

At last My anti-Kayroo virus is wor

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                        There was a duo called Jeff and Lloyd

Jeff was quiet and Lloyd was Lloyd

They got it in early and wished each other the best

Lloyd won the hand and started banging his chest
                                        Deducted 2 points for re-use of Lloyd and 1 for 4 lines only. One point added for describing a true event.

There are rules rounders, the rules have to mean something.
                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                          Might have a few beers and watch this Gordo. Bohemian Rhapsody please.

I murder a few songs but I refuse to murder BR mate, I'll give ya a shout out anyway.

Originally posted by TM2204 View Post
                                          It's Tom... Keith is the brother

Sorry Tom, the names fade in and out, Haven't been on a poker table in Ireland for quite a few years now, I remember you guys from the circuit though.

Comment

There was a club it was called the Fitz

Could never be confused with the Ritz

6starpool was a reg he was seldom not there

That is at least till he started losing his hair

He was tough he was sharp and was often paid

But wasnt sighted again since he got laid

Young punks took his place they came and went

But not before a stroppy vent

On the other hand old die hards like Paddy Hicks

Always got to the money with his array of tricks

You crossed him and you often got the double barrell

He was looked after well by the dutiful DocFarrell

The dealers were great they were the backbone of the place

But the way it was managed was a fcuking disgrace

Sporting Emporium had the glitz it had the clout

But the regs said the Fitz was the best without a doubt

Chancers and scholars together they played

One by one they left the table dismayed

New times dawn and the Fitz is no more

Memories are condensed into local folklore

Comment

Filled up petrol tank for first time in a while today, paid $1.34 a gallon. Different world these days

Comment

There once was a man named Raul
                                                In finance he was nobodys fool
                                                His erudition trumped Hitch
                                                Who parsed like a bitch
                                                While Kayroo takes them to school

Comment

There once was a man named Raul
                                                  In finance he was nobodys fool
                                                  His erudition trumped Hitch
                                                  Who parsed like a bitch
                                                  While Kayroo takes them to school

Comment

Theyre once was a scholar Kayroo
                                                    Dublin Gaa was his passion two
                                                    Each missplaced, apostrophe
                                                    Ritely viewed a catastrophe
                                                    With a stern rebuke right on queue

Comment

Dont let a good crisis go to waste.

Leo manoeuvring to annex the North while Downing Street worrying about who coughs next.

Time to troll some Shinners

Comment

Posting random songs since i'm out of music king

Listen to 'Chaka Khan - Like Sugar' here: https://ChakaKhan.lnk.to/LikeSugarID Follow Chaka Khan: Website: https://www.chakakhan.com/Facebook: https://www.fa...

Song Title: "Depression" from Ryan Bingham's album "Junky Star"

"Love Is Love” is off Grace Potter's new album, "Daylight.’" Buy/Stream your copy of "Daylight." at your favorite music retailer or streaming music provider ...

⬡ Listen/Save the new EP 'Flaws in Our Design' ▶ https://odesza.lnk.to/flawsYo⬡ Listen/Save the 'The Last Goodbye (Deluxe Edition)' ▶ https://odesza.lnk.to/t...

Music's taken fromhttps://music.apple.com/us/album/lux-prima/1449035393Photograph's taken fromhttps://unsplash.com/photos/FWxEbL34i4Y

The Well (Official Video) from Marcus King’s debut solo album, “El Dorado,” a Dan Auerbach produced, genre-bending release from a world-class young talent.Li...

Released by Nowness, video by Adam Bainbridge, aka Kindness, and Camilla Wasserman for William Onyeabor's "Fantastic Man." Features the roller dancers of the...

Comment

The rank hypocrisy of the Shiners bleating about anything Leo does being a PR stunt especially when he volunteers in doing a few hours work to help in the crisis, while they are bullying the Wheelie Bins into forego their pay and running a synchronised virtue signalling PR campaign to publicise.
                                                          Pay peanuts and you get Wheelie Bins
                                                          Last edited by Strewelpeter; 07-04-20, 20:22.
                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                            Theyre once was a scholar Kayroo
                                                            Dublin Gaa was his passion two
                                                            Each missplaced, apostrophe
                                                            Ritely viewed a catastrophe
                                                            With a stern rebuke right on queue
                                                            Your good at this ting.

Comment

After I finish this can, and the next can, I'll only have four cans left. Tough gig this lockdown stuff.
                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                After I finish this can, and the next can, I'll only have four cans left. Tough gig this lockdown stuff.
                                                                Got my re-up today.

Think that's the last home delivery we're gonna get for some time though in London.

Should've got more tbh.

Comment

Switched back to the gin tonight. A few of those White Hags aren't bad. Mostly too weak for me. One of them I actually couldn't stomach (black can). Schweppes cucumber tonic is outstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                    Switched back to the gin tonight. A few of those White Hags aren't bad. Mostly too weak for me. One of them I actually couldn't stomach (black can). Schweppes cucumber tonic is outstanding.
                                                                    Great timing for this post. What's a nice gin for someone who had never drank it to start with? And what are good mixers? Tonic, lemon, lime etc? Heard club lemon mentioned but didnt sound too appealing.

Also, will DCU be taking on mature students in September with the current situation do you think? Asking for a friend.

Comment

Yes you CAN

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                        Great timing for this post. What's a nice gin for someone who had never drank it to start with? And what are good mixers? Tonic, lemon, lime etc? Heard club lemon mentioned but didnt sound too appealing.

Also, will DCU be taking on mature students in September with the current situation do you think? Asking for a friend.
                                                                        Bitter Lemon is nice rather than club lemon. Otherwise tonic.

I like Dingle Gin. Hendricks is nice too.

Comment

There once was a mahatma called Gandhi
                                                                          Who woke up one day feeling randy
                                                                          He said to his aide
                                                                          Go fetch me a maid
                                                                          Or a goat, or whatever is handy

Comment

Pink gin and club lemon. Nuff said.

Comment

I've found an easy entry point is the flavoured San Pellegrino, they have a great blood orange flavour. Another mixer that is taking off here is ginger.

I seperate my gin buying into cheaper 1.75l bottles and then the smaller pricier stuff. I get Boodles for quantity and decent price and then experiment with other ones.

I don't notice much of a difference after my second strong drink though...

Comment

Decent entry point is Bombay Sapphire and Schweppes tonic with a slice of either lemon or lime, whichever takes your fancy.

After that, if you're into it, you can buy some premium gins and better tonic, fever tree would be my favourite and they have a few versions.

Different gins recommend different items to stick in them, Hendricks is cucumber, Roku is ginger, etc so it's all about what you like most but Bombay and Schweppes is a grand Tuesday G&T.

Comment

between this;
                                                                                  You can find our beer across a growing number of counties and countries, but until now it's been tricky to locate with accuracy! Until now. You can read about

https://www.brubrewery.ie/bru-shop/ (free next day if before noon)

we should start a beer club
                                                                                  Any discounts for White Hag? Weirdly they’ve run out of many options.

@Dom, text got cut off again. Seems the ‘ is doing it
                                                                                  Last edited by Goodluck2me; 07-04-20, 21:29.

Comment

Hendricks, Mediterranean tonic and cucumber is very tasty
                                                                                    On my 2nd one tonight at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                      Decent entry point is Bombay Sapphire and Schweppes tonic with a slice of either lemon or lime, whichever takes your fancy.

After that, if you're into it, you can buy some premium gins and better tonic, fever tree would be my favourite and they have a few versions.

Different gins recommend different items to stick in them, Hendricks is cucumber, Roku is ginger, etc so it's all about what you like most but Bombay and Schweppes is a grand Tuesday G&T.
                                                                                      You're the 3rd person to recommend Bombay. My sister and a mate also recommended it.

It's not for today unfortunately. It's for the weekend. Had an action packed weekend planned in Dingle and booked into 2 fantastic restaurants that we obviously cancelled so just gonna drink my sorrows away this weekend instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                        I don't notice much of a difference after my second strong drink though...
                                                                                        Yeah, this is pretty much what I'm hoping for.

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                                          Hendricks, Mediterranean tonic and cucumber is very tasty
                                                                                          On my 2nd one tonight at the moment
                                                                                          On the Jameson Black Barrel tonight myself. Does the job. Juat want to try something different for a change.

Comment

There was an old codger called Strewel
                                                                                            A nice enough guy as a rule
                                                                                            Except once a year
                                                                                            With an almighty leer
                                                                                            He would run round exposing his tool

Comment

There once was a runner called Lazare,
                                                                                              Who loved ten mile runs on the tar,
                                                                                              Shot down by HectorJelly
                                                                                              He now sports a belly,
                                                                                              Scared shitless that he might run too far.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                There was an old codger called Strewel
                                                                                                A nice enough guy as a rule
                                                                                                Except once a year
                                                                                                With an almighty leer
                                                                                                He would run round exposing his tool
                                                                                                Codger needs to be at the end of first sentence and rhymed with coffin dodger and todger
                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Gunpowder is the GOAT. Ha'penny is a good 2nd. Soft spot for Bonac 47. Bombay is the solid baseline. Plymouth is also acceptable when it's €20 in Tesco. Tanquerays are too dry for me and Hendricks is too dear nowadays for what it is. Fever tree is great, London Essence Co make some nice tonice, and the aforementioned Schweppes cucumber but its stupidly expensive unless on special. Never drink it with anything other than tonic. Bit of basil and raspberries in your glass is very good...pepper also a good lol. Obviously realise the a notions post but such is life.

Comment

Gin is all personal preference. When the gin palace reopens go down and get a couple of tasting trays.

I'd find something like Jawbox almost undrinkably sweet but other people love it. I think Tanqueray is a much better buy than Bombay and miles ahead of Dingle, but that's just my preference.

Schweppes >>> Club.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                      There once was a mahatma called Gandhi
                                                                                                      Who woke up one day feeling randy
                                                                                                      He said to his aide
                                                                                                      Go fetch me a maid
                                                                                                      Or a goat, or whatever is handy

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                        Gin is all personal preference. When the gin palace reopens go down and get a couple of tasting trays.

I'd find something like Jawbox almost undrinkably sweet but other people love it. I think Tanqueray is a much better buy than Bombay and miles ahead of Dingle, but that's just my preference.

Schweppes >>> Club.
                                                                                                        Tanqueray is better imo. Tanqueray 10 is well worth investing in when you want to treat yo self

Comment

This stuff is lovely. Nowhere stocks it though.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                            Codger needs to be at the end of first sentence and rhymed with coffin dodger and todger
                                                                                                            StrewelPeter was a friendly old codger,
                                                                                                            Not young, more like coffin-dodger,
                                                                                                            Despite his late years,
                                                                                                            He loves to pin back the ears,
                                                                                                            With his legs working better than his todger.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                                                              There once was a runner called Lazare,
                                                                                                              Who loved ten mile runs on the tar,
                                                                                                              Shot down by HectorJelly
                                                                                                              He now sports a belly,
                                                                                                              Scared shitless that he might run too far.
                                                                                                              lol, wp

Comment

Gunpowder with tonic & chillies. Hard work but try let the chillies infuse for a bit.

Comment

Brother Trump stable genius and top physician and great
                                                                                                                  Wit. Spanish flu was nothing to sneeze at.

Comment

Comment

Latest sheep worth a look just for Strewels answers
                                                                                                                      Nonagon

Comment

They're coming for you Laz. All sporting activities (including jogging )banned in Paris between 7am and 10 pm.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                                                          They're coming for you Laz. All sporting activities (including jogging )banned in Paris between 7am and 10 pm.
                                                                                                                          Flip that around cos you have it arseways, 10am and 7pm.

Lazare usually runs about 7am anyway so hes good to carry on. On the flip side, I usually run about 7pm so I'll just have to leave at 7.01 instead if its brought in here.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X