This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
    My missus' uncle found dead at his door this evening when family called up.
    Pretty grim scene waiting hours for police etc.
    Ugh, Condolences to MrsParrot.

Comment

Shit DP, sorry to hear that.

Comment

Sorry to hear that DP. Hard time for a family to go through that.
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Finally at age 40 while trying to put stickers on a train set with hiccups I understand why castle greyskull wasn’t perfect.

Comment

Condolences dp

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
              Finally at age 40 while trying to put stickers on a train set with hiccups I understand why castle greyskull wasn’t perfect.
              Friend of mine put a 12ft trampoline together one stormy Xmas Eve.

fucking eejit.

I've minimal work this year, an Ikea easel to put together, everything else already wrapped.

Comment

Is the guy in the hat not Michael O'Leary?

Comment

Happy Birthday Jesus! Hope You Like Crap!

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Happy Christmas all. 4am wake up not appreciated but can’t beat the excitement levels.
                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

5 covid pullouts for dinner today, turkey feeds 15, six hours to cook, wtf.

Happy Christmas all, free turkey sambos here from 6pm

Comment

Happy Christmas all! Hope Santa has been for all of you who've been good this year.

Comment

Have a great Christmas everyone. 5kg capon in the oven. Only 6 of us. Challenge accepted!

Comment

Did a hamb. Boiled in cider. Coating of batch loaf, honey, wholegrain mustard and red wine. Happy Chrimblas lads!

hamb2.jpg
                            Attached Files
                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Poignant one this year in the sisters house. The missus and i will be guitar wankering from 5.00 whilst one of the gang will be there struggling to stay with us . ( i know could finish him off ) Not my idea but hope it goes nice for him in last week or two of his life. Wont be a dry eye etc . He requested the sing off .

Comment

C3_0002_TR-vacuum-04.png.png
                                The vacuums cleaners are watching

Comment

IPB venturing into the Simon community tomorrow with plates of Sambos

Comment

Happy Christmas everyone hope ye are all having a nice day

Comment

Wine by the magnum. Great idea at lunchtime...

Comment

Getting a taxi home on xmas day was a completely new experience for me. It's a brave new world
                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Die Hard and a cheese and meat board.
                                          It's finally Xmas.
                                          Herselves job with La Rouse paying off with some quality fare
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Lol... Eastenders Christmas episode. Insane.

Don't think I've watched a full one since Angie and Den's hoo haa 35 years ago but this was one for the ages!

Comment

Had somehow managed to have not seen it before but righted that wrong today.
                                              Dirty Rotten Scoundrels now my nut comedy- don’t make them like that any more
                                              Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                Lol... Eastenders Christmas episode. Insane.

Don't think I've watched a full one since Angie and Den's hoo haa 35 years ago but this was one for the ages!
                                                Same here. Hadn't watched an episode in like 25 years. When I saw Phil I was like where the fook is Grant. Ricky, Cat Slater, Alphy Moon, Janine. Would take that interpersonal working class mayhem over 'The Crown' any day. Borderline Shakespearian.
                                                Last edited by Wombatman; 26-12-22, 01:31.
                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

He dressed himself all in his best, and at last got out into the streets. The people were by this time pouring forth, as he had seen them with the Ghost of Christmas Present; and walking with his hands behind him, Scrooge regarded every one with a delighted smile. He looked so irresistibly pleasant, in a word, that three or four good-humoured fellows said, "Good morning, sir! A merry Christmas to you!" And Scrooge said often afterwards, that of all the blithe sounds he had ever heard, those were the blithest in his ears.
                                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Lazare oled for sub 1k. Some deal
                                                    Powercity - OLED55CS6LA.AEK LG SMART 4K HDR OLED TV - CS6 SERIES TV 46" - 86" Screen Free Recycling

looks like up 100 since I posted - https://www.boards.ie/discussion/205...ies-990#latest

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                      Powercity - OLED55CS6LA.AEK LG SMART 4K HDR OLED TV - CS6 SERIES TV 46" - 86" Screen Free Recycling
                                                      I was under the impression oled was energy efficient
                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

If anyone happens across any unwanted Thursday Leopardstown tickets, I know a good home...

Is Strewel heading to Limerick today?

Any fancies for anyone today?

How/Where do i find tote betting on Betfair so i can do a couple placepots etc for today?

#antiHitch post

Comment

Little lucky 15 for the Boxing Day family

Fox Le Bel 12.48 Droyal
                                                          Railway Hurricane 2.55 leop
                                                          Prairie Wolf 1.00 Weth
                                                          Copper Beach 2.15 Market Rasen

enjoy the feast of racing and football

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                            Had somehow managed to have not seen it before but righted that wrong today.
                                                            Dirty Rotten Scoundrels now my nut comedy- don’t make them like that any more
                                                            [/QUOTE]https://youtu.be/14nilke-mtQ[QUOTE]

Comment

Better!

Comment

Always considered Dirty Rotten Scoundrels to be very overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                  Always considered Dirty Rotten Scoundrels to be very overrated.
                                                                  Watched Tropic Thunder again. Genius movie.

That glass Oinion crime caper thing was good.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                    Sis bought a C2 OLED LG 48 inch for 890e in Harvey Norman today. 200e difference between that and the A2 version. Maybe 48 too small though

Comment

On the photo with the man in a hat, I immediately thought of Tom Bosley of Happy Days and Murder She Wrote fame but a quick Google search isn't bringing up a photo of him wearing a hat quite like that.

Comment

Benny, give me your thoughts on Bluetooth turntables.

Bluetooth is obv for convenience, don't have to, am limited only by physical size, needs to be <35cm depth

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                          Benny, give me your thoughts on Bluetooth turntables.

Bluetooth is obv for convenience, don't have to, am limited only by physical size, needs to be <35cm depth
                                                                          TBH Laz it's not really my area of expertise BUT you won't go too far wrong here...

https://www.whathifi.com/best-buys/b...plate-spinners

Proj-ect is also a good brand.

Couple of general guide points:

1) Forget about anything under e200.
                                                                          2) Consider what you'll use to power it and your general set-up. Google suggests "Connecting your turntable via Bluetooth requires a phono preamp, a Bluetooth transmitter, and powered speakers (or an amp) with a Bluetooth input or receiver. "so you might wanna research the end-to-end set up - I think you have speakers and an amp? But does the amp have a phono input?

https://uturnaudio.com/pages/connect...e-to-bluetooth

What do you want to do with it ultimately? Just play some records via an already existing bluetooth set up?

Grand.

The advice with hi-fi remains timeless - invest in the best you can afford at the time

Comment

TBH Laz it's not really my area of expertise BUT you won't go too far wrong here...

https://www.whathifi.com/best-buys/b...plate-spinners

Proj-ect is also a good brand.

Couple of general guide points:

1) Forget about anything under e200.
                                                                            2) Consider what you'll use to power it and your general set-up. Google suggests "Connecting your turntable via Bluetooth requires a phono preamp, a Bluetooth transmitter, and powered speakers (or an amp) with a Bluetooth input or receiver. "so you might wanna research the end-to-end set up - I think you have speakers and an amp? But does the amp have a phono input?

https://uturnaudio.com/pages/connect...e-to-bluetooth

What do you want to do with it ultimately? Just play some records via an already existing bluetooth set up?

Grand.

The advice with hi-fi remains timeless - invest in the best you can afford at the time
                                                                            That's a great link dude, thank you. I'm more glad that you didn't poo poo the idea of Bluetooth so that's reassuring.

I'll have a good trawl through those options

Comment

That's a great link dude, thank you. I'm more glad that you didn't poo poo the idea of Bluetooth so that's reassuring.

I'll have a good trawl through those options
                                                                              Not at all man... It's very easy to forget how good sound is these days.

Bluetooth through regular mobile phones or sound bar/AV set up today is worth about 10K in sound 20 years ago, maybe 30 or 40K in sound 40 years ago.

I use an iPhone as my streamer (but will upgrade eventually to a dedicated DAC streamer).

Headphones have been the big leap forward.

But if you want a decent sound stage and not on ear/in ear then vinyl, well positioned through 2 decent speakers still offers a LOT!

The tactile experience has yet to be beaten and that counts for plenty too.

Can't wait to see what records you'll buy

PS... the less compression on your sound the more you'll enjoy it. I posted about this before ... if you're streaming and can use Tidal's Master tracks (FLAC/lossless audio) rather than Spotify/YouTube etc.. you'll really notice the difference. BUT I still use YouTube for lots of stuff. (Spotify only in an emergency!!!)
                                                                              Last edited by BennyHiFi; 27-12-22, 01:21.

Comment

Not at all man... It's very easy to forget how good sound is these days.

Bluetooth through regular mobile phones or sound bar/AV set up today is worth about 10K in sound 20 years ago, many 30 or 40K in sound 40 years ago.

I use an iPhone as my streamer (but will upgrade eventually to a dedicated DAC streamer).

Headphones have been the big leap forward.

But if you want a decent sound stage and not on ear/in ear then vinyl, well positioned through 2 decent speakers still offers a LOT!

The tactile experience has yet to be beaten and that counts for plenty too.

Can't wait to see what records you'll buy

PS... the less compression on your sound the more you'll enjoy it. I posted about this before ... if you're streaming and can use Tidal's Master tracks (FLAC/lossless audio) rather than Spotify/YouTube etc.. you'll really notice the difference. BUT I still use YouTube for lots of stuff. (Spotify only in an emergency!!!)
                                                                                Cheers Benny

I'm looking forward to building up my collection again. I had a really great selection of 90s dance 12" singles (plus a bunch of albums) but lost it all 20 odd years ago.

I'll be starting off by buying War On Drugs albums and then buying some classics. Liking the idea of supporting artists more too.

Comment

Even the dog is sick of turkey.

Need some spice, stat.
                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Will obviously report back with the answers for the quiz questions. Should have them Thursday evening. Submission deadline is tomorrow 12pm.

Still stuck on a couple (and not much progress on any I shared previously)...

What connects these cities?
                                                                                    Cologne
                                                                                    Barcelona
                                                                                    St Louis
                                                                                    Birmingham

What connects these 4 songs?
                                                                                    Sloop John B - The Beach Boys
                                                                                    Jet - Paul McCartney & Wings
                                                                                    Space Oddity - David Bowie
                                                                                    Every Breaking Wave - U2

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                      Will obviously report back with the answers for the quiz questions. Should have them Thursday evening. Submission deadline is tomorrow 12pm.

What connects these 4 songs?
                                                                                      Sloop John B - The Beach Boys
                                                                                      Jet - Paul McCartney & Wings
                                                                                      Space Oddity - David Bowie
                                                                                      Every Breaking Wave - U2
                                                                                      Capitan and Major mentioned in the lyrics
                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Four of the songs have a Capitan and Jet has a Sargent Major mentioned in the lyrics
                                                                                        Yeah, we think that's likely it - references to officer(?) titles/ranks.

Sloop John B and Every Breaking Wave both reference 'captain'
                                                                                        Jet references 'sergeant major' and 'the major'
                                                                                        Space Oddity references 'Major Tom' and also 'commander'

Can't come up with anything else to link them - writers, performances, etc.

Comment

Think this is the inside of an envelope. Have a similar one from AIB here.

Comment

Might dip my toes into live poker at the green Isle this evening.
                                                                                            Anyone else heading?
                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Anyone any idea on the quickest way to get a private x-ray?

For my Dad, he has no health insurance so needs to be walk in. Limp in in his case.

Tried that Affidea crowd and could be over a week.

Comment

For my Dad, he has no health insurance so needs to be walk in. Limp in in his case.

I would have thought affidea or VHI swiftcare would be the most straightforward.
                                                                                                It's been in and done in an hour any time I went

Comment

Laya in Cherrywood are pretty quick and take walk ins. I rang them before after getting a fractured rib in a football match and I was in and out within an hour

Comment

Might dip my toes into live poker at the green Isle this evening.
                                                                                                    Anyone else heading?
                                                                                                    2 levels AA <JJ

Comment

2nd bullet hasn't started great either

Comment

40k at the break

Comment

40k at the break
                                                                                                          Is there much cash action?

I might pop up for a look tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Is there much cash action?

I might pop up for a look tomorrow.
                                                                                                            Aj < kj on fumes

1/2 NL
                                                                                                            2/5 Plo
                                                                                                            ​​​​​Running stm

Comment

5 tables of cash running looks like.

Comment

Has anyone seen The Menu, showing in all great cinemas at the moment. It is quite something. Plus full of useful dining tips for the next HHE dinner.
                                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

5 tables of cash running looks like.
                                                                                                                  Thinking of venturing to the SE for the EOM, would that or the Green Isle be a better bet for a game, or is GI over today?

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

Thinking of venturing to the SE for the EOM, would that or the Green Isle be a better bet for a game, or is GI over today?
                                                                                                                    GI would be better probably. They have a 40k guarantee game on Thursday at 3pm.

They have day 1C on Thursday at 11am for the 100k guarantee also
                                                                                                                    Last edited by pokerhand; 29-12-22, 02:33.
                                                                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Just back from the green isle. Some slog. Played day 1A from 1pm to about 6.30 when I busted with AQ against QT.
                                                                                                                      Jumped straight into 1B and from about the 3rd hand never had above (or close to) average stack. Coming back tomorrow with 15mins of playing 12BBs

Comment

Wife and kid free for 2 days. Heading over to Green Isle for 11am flight. Anyone know what time hotel bars open at - asking for a friend

Comment

I would like to thank the purveyors of donkeys for my limited interest in the Leopardstown festival this year.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X