This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
    You can tell if someone has read your message by using the blue ticks in WhatsApp DM's but you don't get that in group messages.
    You definitely get the two blue ticks in groups as well when everyone in the group has read your message.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
      What sort of an animal is in 5 whats app groups that are not muted. Your ruse of enjoying fine wine and good food has been blown. Based on the latest evidence you are essentially feral.
      It's even worse, I'm in another 2 or 3 groups that I still haven't put on mute.

Even feral people have to wildly savage food eat.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
        You definitely get the two blue ticks in groups as well when everyone in the group has read your message.
        You can also select a message and check more info on who's seen it in a group. Even when you have them turned off for regular message which I do. We don't need that much info about each other
        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
          You can also select a message and check more info on who's seen it in a group. Even when you have them turned off for regular message which I do. We don't need that much info about each other
          Yeah, sent, delivered and read are the three options you have but only for the messages you sent, you can't check on other people's messages.

How do you turn off for non group messages? Didn't know you could do that.

Comment

Speaking of food. Barbecued pineapple. Oh baby....

A savage dessert. Or stick it in your burger to make it Hawaiaan.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Yeah, sent, delivered and read are the three options you have but only for the messages you sent, you can't check on other people's messages.

How do you turn off for non group messages? Didn't know you could do that.
              In the settings somewhere , can turn it off ( and you can't see theirs either when you do that) and also turn off last online time, another unnecessary amount of info
              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                Google giving away 2 months free of their gaming platform Stadia.

https://stadia.google.com/?utm_sourc...utm_content=ie
                Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                awesome, cheers.
                Not available in Malta. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by ACE REPORTER View Post
                  Jeez Connie, are you sure it was a 90 yard shot? I know I wasn't the best player in the group, by a long shot, but I don't recall a time when I didn't use irons. To be fair, I still carry a 5 wood and a 7 wood as well as a rescue club along with a collection of irons.

Certainly enjoyed the day out and am champing at the bit to get out on the course again soon.
                  Don't mind him Mick. Note the narrative; for he was playing quite well and your team turned 3 up, read I was carrying Mick but we still turned 3 up. Consider this elderly bullying as part of Connie's healing process for coming to terms with getting stuffed rather than a personal attack on you. They take it hard getting beat down that end of the Isle.

Comment

Virgin media down across Irl and UK.

Looking forward to an ep of McMafia, bed with a book so.
                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                      Didn't you say our introduction of second wave lockdown measures was just rubber-stamping steps everyone in Ireland decided to take on their own for the good of public health?
                      Absolutely.

In both Ireland and the UK from the late 60's through to the 80's there were sustained campaigns to try to get people to wear seat belts millions were spent. I can't remember the exact numbers but compliance here peaked a significant bit (something between 5 and 10%) ahead of the UK. Laws were brought in to make wearing seat belt compulsory around '79 In the UK compliance went to 99% overnight in Ireland for the first couple of months compliance dropped and only improved when fines became widespread.
                      As bad as we are in France right up to the present if you go into most service stations they will have a seat belt buckle on sale that you can plug to stop the alarm beeping
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

What are the chances the reduction in numbers are just because Covid19 is seasonal as are most Covid virus ?

Been watching a few pre Covid19 made Spanish Flu documentary's and two main elements stick with me are.

1. The 18 month was universally commented on as being a very brief pandemic.

2. The second wave of Spanish Flu killed 25x the first wave.

Comment

Knew there was a lot of degens on here but not having WhatsApp groups muted is just rock bottom sucking off a dog for cash level degen
                          Why would anyone do that to themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                            I see Paddy Cosgrave getting another dusting on twitter.
                            The single redeeming feature of twitter during this lockdown has been the consistent kickings he gets
                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Feckin Virgin Media tested positive for Covid 19 today.

Comment

GAB (or any other steak experts), what's 'top side fillet'?
                                My local Gleesons butcher sells it at 300g for €6, effectively €5 if you multi-buy.
                                Which seems very cheap for fillet. Tastes grand but can't help wondering about it.

Comment

Virgin Media fine for me all day in D15.
                                  That's after the wifi being a mess most afternoons last week - I had to hunt down an old frayed ethernet cable to wfh after lunch each day.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                    Do the group know you have muted them? As I'm in one or two groups it would be great to mute, but just don't want to annoy the particular people. Even though its them that are annoying me.
                                    I would just leave group... if anyone said anything and i didnt want to offend or tell the truth then blame children (why else would you have them around) but i normally just say got fed up! it's 2020 everyone knows the feeling of being fed up with a whatsApp group!

Comment

Fuck
                                      No blue ticks on my messages in groups, now I know why

Comment

Anyone watch Michael Moore's Planet of the Humans?

Pretty scathing towards "green" energy initiatives. It's free on YT if you feel like taking a look.

Allegedly people are trying to get it banned.
                                        Last edited by gorrrr72; 27-04-20, 23:00.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                          Anyone watch Michael Moore's Planet of the Humans?

Pretty scathing towards "green" energy initiatives. It's free on YT if you feel like taking a look.

Allegedly people are to get it banned.
                                          I watched it. Plausible and profoundly depressing.
                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Wished I’d picked this for the music king 90s round
                                            Always thought it’d be a good fit for the Simpson’s metalworks gay scene
                                            It’s a banger

Comment

Gangs of London is one of the most violent shows i have ever seen on mainstream TV, only 2 episodes in.

RTE had a Leonard Cohen special on both sat night and tonight, RTE concert orchestra and special guests, some dude, Moncrieef blew me away, have never heard of him, Mick Flannery was amazing, along with Lisa Hannigan, and Felim Drew, I assume Ronnies, son, same black eyes was very good.

Highly Highly recommend catching it on the player.
                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Amazon is now making up to £8,800 a second, while concerns persist about its tax affairs, treatment of staff and effect on small retailers. Here’s how to buy everything from technology to beauty to books without it

Absolute state of your life of shopping without amazon is an inconvenience

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                  GAB (or any other steak experts), what's 'top side fillet'?
                                                  My local Gleesons butcher sells it at 300g for €6, effectively €5 if you multi-buy.
                                                  Which seems very cheap for fillet. Tastes grand but can't help wondering about it.
                                                  They use that name in Australia. It's a leg cut. Similar to silverside (not sure what that is in ireland). Cheap roasting cut.

Comment

Trump is deleting tweets now

Comment

Would there be any interest in a quick NBA draft in the style of what we used do around soccer. Easy enough to get through with 5 players per team. Could have 4 or 8 teams quite quickly and go from there.
                                                      Last edited by Trippie; 28-04-20, 02:56.

Comment

Testing criteria widened back up.
                                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                          Would there be any interest in a quick NBA draft in the style of what we used do around soccer. Easy enough to get through with 5 players per team. Could have 4 or 8 teams quite quickly and go from there.
                                                          We done a couple of great ones of these back in the day. An All Time Champions league draft and Premier league.

Was very good.

In if it goes ahead.

Comment

For any gamers here, Total War: Shogun 2 is currently free on steam (instead of £24.99)

Comment

How would it work?

Comment

@GAB - finished McMafia is a few sittings, thanks for the recommendation. Very enjoyable.

Also would recommend a film called "miracle in Cell 7" on Netflix.

Comment

So the IT and Indo reporting 2 weeks more with construction and garden services being allowed open.

How do we feel that will be observed? Observation has clearly dropped the last while.

Comment

So the IT and Indo reporting 2 weeks more with construction and garden services being allowed open.

How do we feel that will be observed? Observation has clearly dropped the last while.
                                                                    We've taken the piss anyway, majority of my area is open in some capacity bar some restaurants and all bars. Cafes restaurants for takeaway, hardware store, bakeries, off licence. Parks beside me are full of picnics, kick abouts, people standing in groups outside cafes, neighbors having block parties in the sun then ending up in each other's gaffs on the session.
                                                                    I mean I don't mind so much, I pity business owners and if they can safely make money fair enough. But what's the point in having a brief excercise and food shopping rule and then ignoring it.
                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                      How would it work?
                                                                      Pick teams, random draw, then two sides against each other like music king, people vote on which team would win after a write up from each contestant about why they think their team would win, what tactics they would play.

Comment

Excellent podcast with Pete Cowan.

They also had a great one with Westwood and a few others recently
                                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

loosened test criteria will mean more cases...
                                                                          wonder if that will have an impact
                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                            We've taken the piss anyway, majority of my area is open in some capacity bar some restaurants and all bars. Cafes restaurants for takeaway, hardware store, bakeries, off licence. Parks beside me are full of picnics, kick abouts, people standing in groups outside cafes, neighbors having block parties in the sun then ending up in each other's gaffs on the session.
                                                                            I like how this sentence slowly raises the ante.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                              loosened test criteria will mean more cases...
                                                                              wonder if that will have an impact
                                                                              Admissions is the key number now though. No amount of testing changes that.

Comment

ha...paddypower finally hit me up for verification.
                                                                                paused withdrawls and when I sent my passport my DOB didn't match the DOB I entered nearly 15+ years ago. I think early 20s me didn't want to put in my real PI
                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

That Moqueca looks unreal, and I can only assume some chunks of Chorizo won’t go astray...

Comment

...
                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

The CMO said community transmission was suppressed. Hospital and ICU admissions are probably as low as they're getting and have been for a week, so why continue to sit on our hands? I don't see the sense in having 400 empty ICU beds while keeping society paralysed. I think 2-3 weeks of pre-March 28th measures should be next up (ie no school, no pubs, no gatherings over say 100 people, only businesses that can ensure distancing re-open).
                                                                                      After that schools should re-open with reduced class sizes for 3 weeks, and then full classes for the last 2 weeks of the year to see what difference it makes. IMO it would be ludicrous not to use those weeks after which there is a natural break in school attendance to do some sort of experiment on how viable a return in September will be.
                                                                                      All to be done while hammering people with the idea of staying 2m apart and wearing masks and sanitising their hands 20 times a day.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                        and I can only assume some chunks of Chorizo won’t go astray...
                                                                                        This statement is vary rarely wrong. Must try it the next time
                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

True, but if its a droplet borne disease and kids are asymptomatic then the risk of transmission is low. Train them into not touching their face and wear masks and you reduce it further. Roll that in with the tiny risk profile of women between 20-40 (which most teachers seem to be) and maybe they can be convinced!

Comment

Put them on danger money sure. I doubt you'd have any trouble finding subs for those who want to put themselves on leave anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                  Put them on danger money sure. I doubt you'd have any trouble finding subs for those who want to put themselves on leave anyway.
                                                                                                  the unions would do their nut

I haven't been too impressed with the teachers. My Dutch clients tell me their kids are on screen all of the school day doing virtual classes. None of that here - just a weekly email of 'suggested activity' and maybe they fire out a few attachments to print out. Otherwise, parents, you're on your own.

I suggested they do a daily Zoom class, even if only for an hour and was told data privacy precluded this. Absolute bollix.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I haven't been too impressed with the teachers. My Dutch clients tell me their kids are on screen all of the school day doing virtual classes. None of that here - just a weekly email of 'suggested activity' and maybe they fire out a few attachments to print out. Otherwise, parents, you're on your own.

I suggested they do a daily Zoom class, even if only for an hour and was told data privacy precluded this. Absolute bollix.
                                                                                                    In a previous life I led a team that was tasked with providing a solution for helping to move (predominantly deis) schools to an IT centric solution. Cloud storage behind the gov firewall, tablets for all and sundry (funded by tech companies looking to own the home) full managed IT solution behind it.

Students would have the tablets in class and could do work on tablets at home, fully enclosed system without access to games etc and be graded individually and automatically, teachers would have had the opportunity to provide their own supplemental material which could then be used by other teachers in different schools to enhance their teaching.

The biggest issue wasn't the cost, which wasn't peanuts but was rolled into other gov contracts so not onerous by any means, but teacher push back. Can't do it, won't do it.

Maybe not much has changed.
                                                                                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

We're getting too much stuff for our 2nd class kid. Seems like everything the teacher had planned to do if they were in school. All run through Google Classroom and I have to upload all the work every day.
                                                                                                      They've had dance classes through Zoom so the privacy thing seems to be kinda nonsense. Would be nice to see it used as you said, for an hour or two of classes a day.

Comment

our kids are on 3 or 4 hours of zoom a day, which isn't bad but still a massive gap of learning to catch up for next year

Comment

We get a weekly email with attachments to print etc, definitely underwhelming. And didn’t receive any emails for the two weeks of the Easter Holidays as that wasn’t term time.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                            ha...paddypower finally hit me up for verification.
                                                                                                            paused withdrawls and when I sent my passport my DOB didn't match the DOB I entered nearly 15+ years ago. I think early 20s me didn't want to put in my real PI
                                                                                                            I had something similar with Bet365 account last week. Logged in for the first time in ages, and it was blocked for verification. I sent them my ID, and i verified my address, DOB, phone number, username and almost everything else i asked. The only thing i couldn't verifiy was the last deposit method and how much it was for. I'm in my account, but it's not active so she is telling me to check the history, which only goes back 18 months and is blank.Such a frustrating experience.

I work in the gaming industry and am familair with how much of a cnut Bet365 are to deal with, but this was on a whole new level!

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                                                              We get a weekly email with attachments to print etc, definitely underwhelming. And didn’t receive any emails for the two weeks of the Easter Holidays as that wasn’t term time.
                                                                                                              Exactly same here so that seems to be the standard play.

Resigned to them not going back to September at this point though.Unless they start early to make up lost time.

Comment

our kids are on 3 or 4 hours of zoom a day, which isn't bad but still a massive gap of learning to catch up for next year
                                                                                                                It's a pain, but would it better just to accept a missing year at this stage and the majority of children just repeat the year. Ultimately there's no hurry.

Comment

...

Comment

Personally, I’m happy to go with whatever the CMO and his team recommends and I’ve no problem with them airing on the side of caution.

That said, I consider myself somewhat lucky in that I’ve had to go to work every day since this all started so I am getting out of the house, even it is just driving too and from work.

I do feel for people stuck at home. Mrs Lao Lao is definitely feeling the effects as she is now in her 7th week of working from home. No idea how people with kids are working from home and looking after them.

I've noticed my Dad really feel the strain as well. He rowed back after his initial bout of defiance but he is getting really fed up and isolated. There is only so many phone calls and talking to him from the garden I can do. He wants to be able to get out and about., even just to go for a walk. Today, I could really see he was down, so I told if he had to go out and get a bit of fresh air, just walk around the block rather than head down the village. The average age where he lives is about 80 so the chances of him bumping into anybody is slim, anytime I’ve been down to him, the whole estate is a like a ghost town.

Comment

in for any NBA or soccer draft. NBA knowledge would be relatively limited though.
                                                                                                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

It's a pain, but would it better just to accept a missing year at this stage and the majority of children just repeat the year. Ultimately there's no hurry.
                                                                                                                        lucky my girls are only 4 and we werent sending them to school in Sept anyway, At what age would you be worried about children missing this much Schooling?

Personally, I’m happy to go with whatever the CMO and his team recommends and I’ve no problem with them airing on the side of caution.

That said, I consider myself somewhat lucky in that I’ve had to go to work every day since this all started so I am getting out of the house, even it is just driving too and from work.

I do feel for people stuck at home. Mrs Lao Lao is definitely feeling the effects as she is now in her 7th week of working from home. No idea how people with kids are working from home and looking after them.

I've noticed my Dad really feel the strain as well. He rowed back after his initial bout of defiance but he is getting really fed up and isolated. There is only so many phone calls and talking to him from the garden I can do. He wants to be able to get out and about., even just to go for a walk. Today, I could really see he was down, so I told if he had to go out and get a bit of fresh air, just walk around the block rather than head down the village. The average age where he lives is about 80 so the chances of him bumping into anybody is slim, anytime I’ve been down to him, the whole estate is a like a ghost town.
                                                                                                                        Yeah I am on week 6 and its hard now but have to hold the line, worse thing we can all do is end the lockdown and all rush out onto the street, we will have only have delayed the Rush on the hospitals

We need to stop thinking in weeks here this is going to be months of stop start lockdowns and restrictions... it is going to be hard for all

Comment

At the price of the schools? not a fuckin chance they're doing an extra year.

to be honest, couldn't care less if they fell behind in history, Geography, english etc. as long as they catch up on sciences, there would be very little loss or damage over a term

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X