Banner Ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Lockdown City

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by dinekes View Post
    Hitch how do you get the time/energy to post so much?

    I just made maybe 6 phone calls and sent off 3 contracts by email so far and needed to take a lie down with the stress of it all!!


    Actually could ask RD the same Q but think HH is more in the prolific category.

    Hitch is probably still in quarantine. I just have poor work discipline.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

    Comment


      TBF, if I was in my office, you wouldn't see any of my profound and intellectual posting at all
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

      Comment


        Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

        So then why was one government website saying if you have a close contact with someone with the virus and test negative then you can go on your way. (if you haven't been abroad apartmently. A footnote not actually included on the web page).

        Says here under 'test results'. : https://www.citizensinformation.ie/e...r_covid19.html
        But it doesn't actually say that in one sentence as you've wrote it.

        That page is mainly about people who have developed systems, or think that have COVID. GP sends them for testing. They isolate while waiting results, in case they have it.
        If it comes back negative, they are good to go. As if they were incubating, they wouldn't have symptoms.

        The only time it mentions close contact is when it defers to contact tracing. Presumably the people on the contact tracing team know their processes and give people clear instructions. In that case they probably have to isolate for variable times depending on what they were in contact with the diseased person. I can see why somebody might infer the above, however...

        People arriving on a plane have nothing to do with the above. They have to isolate for two weeks. That's pretty straight forward. Hogan hasn't a leg to stand on.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

          My GP, rang around 10:30, HSE texted 2 hours later with a time. I was seen in the evening, two others I know were seen in the afternoon.
          With my GP I just asked for a test, they gave me one, no questions asked. I didn't mentioned anything but I wanted a test.
          This will vary from person to person ofc.
          That's interesting, it seems that GPs are varying right across the board.

          We have two people out of work at the minute as a precaution both with different GPs.

          1st person had headache and sort throat which is low on the HSE's list of symptoms, marked as 'Sometimes' - GP told him they weren't Covid symptoms, no test to be given but he was to isolate for 14 days. This makes no sense to me, I get the idea of isolating as a precaution but if that's the case, just do a bloody test. I now have to get this guy set up to work from home when part of his job requires him to be on site which means I have to re-jig stuff around. I went through it with HR and as the doctor instructed to isolate, we can't overrule that from a liability point of view.

          2nd person said they had a bit of cold flushes/fever yesterday. GP advised the symptoms weren't strong enough to warrant a test and if they persisted or got worse, then to isolate. Otherwise, no need to do anything. So this now put us in a position where we, as his employer, have to make a judgement call on what we do with him based on if he says he's feeling better. As it tuned out, he didn't feel much better today so we gently pushed him to get onto the GP again and say symptoms still there, ahem...maybe worse and now he is getting a test today/tomorrow.

          I hope (definitely funking) that neither of them have Covid as both symptoms are very mild at best but we can't take the risk of bringing them back into work and potentially infecting everybody in the place. We also need them on site as some of their job can't be done remotely. It puts us in a very tough spot of trying to make sure all staff are safe and still operate as a business. I doubt we're alone in this regard.


          Comment


            Originally posted by Mellor View Post
            Hogan hasn't a leg to stand on.
            Even more so as it emerges he wasn't quarantine-compliant before his negative test....
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

            Comment


              It's definitely a lot more difficult when some of the job demands physicality and instructions are so unclear across the board, leaving workplaces like yours in a very tough spot. It's easy for people to tell me to isolate, I can work from anywhere.

              GPs ranging from me going: hey I want a test - ok, to somebody else in my class being told they had no symptoms so they don't get tested, even as a close contact (which is also wrong). The close contact teams clearly not doing a good job, none of us contacted at all. They didn't even contact my friend who was living with somebody that tested positive.

              Another annoying thing would be telling people false negatives and infecting your work too.
              It's a tough situation if everybody with the most common symptoms for anything (I mean I get a cough randomly sometimes, or a sore head, or any of the symptoms) means staying at home for 14 days, and I guess on the opposite side the centres would be overrun if they took everybody they should. Before this kicked off I met my brother for dinner, now he is isolating in my family home as my father is due a hip operation and just had a pacemaker put in, if I wasn't given a test, that would probably be another 10 days he'd have to stay in a room as an unknown, and everybody he's been around since (a teacher, gard appearing in court each day) would also be waiting around, a big chain of uncertainty. Not to mention all the other people I have seen and that they have seen and so on.

              Now even when I expect mine to come back negative, what does it really mean? I didn't have the virus at that point in time, or it wasn't in the sample collected, or the test went wrong. Since it is a 14 day incubation, I could easily not have been active then but am now and so on. Best guessing will have to do for everybody. Also people often have to take a bus or a taxi to the centre seeing as the closedt to me is out past the airport (croke park being closed due to lack of demand?) it's such a mess.

              Comment


                Originally posted by oleras View Post
                Isnt the Kerrygold brand just a marketing ploy ? Mass produced factory butter from all over the country, must seek out more artisan styles.
                No2 daughter works for them, all the butter is produced as the same spec and they are hugely invested in quality and consistency, the thing that confuses people is that the main gold foil packaging can contain one of three different products, salted, unsalted or lactic (cultured butter Hitch mentioned ) in different markets. In Germany it will usually be the lactic and in France the unsalted here the salted etc.
                Turning millions into thousands

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                  Even more so as it emerges he wasn't quarantine-compliant before his negative test....
                  I'm sure he will wheel out some explanation for the simple confusion. Maybe an immigration and custom officer at the Airport said that during quarantine he had to stay inside the house.
                  And as his suite in the K club was in the original wing - the former Barton House build in 1830s. So throughout his stay he remained within that House - luckily the bar and restaurant are also within the original house. At no time enter the 90s Smurfit addition - not even to use the pool. A simply misunderstanding.

                  Comment


                    The son is very impressed with the tour eiffel outside RTE.
                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                      Hitch how do you get the time/energy to post so much?

                      I just made maybe 6 phone calls and sent off 3 contracts by email so far and needed to take a lie down with the stress of it all!!


                      Actually could ask RD the same Q but think HH is more in the prolific category.

                      I go through phases of working. And that phase hasn't really been up to much for a few months. What with sick leave and holiday leave. Am normally superproductive in September / October though so hanging a lot of hope on that. My work is kinda odd in that you wouldn't necessarily know productivity by glancing at how busy someone seems. At least that's my story.
                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by oleras View Post

                        My ooni is due end of September, so still waiting for it.
                        Mine was due to be delivered in August, at some point it slipped to late August. Then the website changed on 15th to give the impression that orders due in August had been shipped but I got no email so tried to contact them then just to see get an update, I'd been completely relaxed and happy to wait up till whenever until then.

                        11 days later I'm tearing my hair out trying to just get any reply from them , absolute horrorshow of customer non service.

                        Finally after taking to twitter this morning I got a reply that basically amounts to 'Hi you're awesome abut not as awesome as us. Poor us we are growing so fast we can't cope', some part was hard to get so there was a delay and maybe we are ready to ship now (or maybe not ???) Oh lets see well if your order is gone to the warehouse then maybe they will send it sometime next week but thats not the kind of detail you could possibly expect us to know or to want to share with you, Hey you're an awesome person for buying off us and maybe if you don't hear from us next week we will get back to you Oh and have we told you how awesome you are '

                        GTFO, so pissed off with them I not sure if I really want to go ahead anymore, I suppose I might as well give them another week but fuck them and their platitude laden bullshit.

                        Turning millions into thousands

                        Comment


                          He defo played golf at K club too
                          "The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity."

                          Comment


                            I was going to join a debating team but someone talked me out of it.

                            Theres so much nudity on tv these days..I just sit there shaking my fist.

                            I quit my job at the helium factory..I wont be spoken to like that.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                              Even more so as it emerges he wasn't quarantine-compliant before his negative test....
                              What does quarantine compliant mean?

                              You do know that there is no rule that you must self isolate or quarantine on coming in from Brussels yeah?

                              The rules we got in early July for people arriving from a non green list country were absolutely clear, no necessity to self isolate or quarantine the request was that you should restrict your movements in and around the location you had given as your address and if you had a clear covid test then you could go to work etc. We specifically asked about restaurants and were told that it was ok to visit local restaurants and cafes in up to a group from the same household which is why we waited till they were here a fortnight before all going out together.
                              Last edited by Strewelpeter; 26-08-20, 15:10.
                              Turning millions into thousands

                              Comment


                                Just going to leave this here........

                                Over 70% of people across all socio-economic groups believed that someone who contracts Covid-19 has been careless or reckless in following public health advice, according to a survey carried out by the ESRI.
                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                  You do know that there is no rule that you must self isolate or quarantine on coming in from Brussels yeah?
                                  Belgium is not on the Green List. It has never been on the Green List. The Green List was in force since before Big Phil travelled home and began his odyssey.

                                  So, now that we know this fact, what are you supposed to do if you enter Ireland from a country that is not on the Green List?

                                  You are supposed to restrict your movements.
                                  This includes the very simple directive
                                  do not visit others
                                  Big Phil has broken this all over the place, including on his very first evening in Ireland.
                                  He is clearly in breach. As stated by Taoiseach, Tanaiste and numerous others (so I don't know why you're trying to argue the toss).

                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                    I was going to join a debating team but someone talked me out of it.

                                    Theres so much nudity on tv these days..I just sit there shaking my fist.

                                    I quit my job at the helium factory..I wont be spoken to like that.
                                    Welcome to the dark side .

                                    Comment


                                      They need to hurry up with the Leaving Cert results scandal*, as this is getting boring as fuck.


                                      * the apparent scandal that middle-class kids tend to get higher grades because their families value education more

                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                      Comment


                                        It beats fact checking and all this thought provoking stuff..

                                        Poor little thought minding his own business in a quiet corner of my brain on his stool, occasionally leaping to his feet with finger raised in a eureka "a ha" manner only to go ..oh wait a minute..and sit back down with a confused look on his face and mumbling incoherently.
                                        Last edited by dinekes; 26-08-20, 15:45.

                                        Comment


                                          It felt slightly class using the phone to pay for something today. ty revolut. Coming from a country that waves cheque books around like they're up there on a pedestal with artificial intelligence, this feels rather cool.

                                          Trying to pick a bank for the joint account - is KBC the bank of choice these days?
                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                          Comment


                                            Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

                                            Mine was due to be delivered in August, at some point it slipped to late August. Then the website changed on 15th to give the impression that orders due in August had been shipped but I got no email so tried to contact them then just to see get an update, I'd been completely relaxed and happy to wait up till whenever until then.

                                            11 days later I'm tearing my hair out trying to just get any reply from them , absolute horrorshow of customer non service.

                                            Finally after taking to twitter this morning I got a reply that basically amounts to 'Hi you're awesome abut not as awesome as us. Poor us we are growing so fast we can't cope', some part was hard to get so there was a delay and maybe we are ready to ship now (or maybe not ???) Oh lets see well if your order is gone to the warehouse then maybe they will send it sometime next week but thats not the kind of detail you could possibly expect us to know or to want to share with you, Hey you're an awesome person for buying off us and maybe if you don't hear from us next week we will get back to you Oh and have we told you how awesome you are '

                                            GTFO, so pissed off with them I not sure if I really want to go ahead anymore, I suppose I might as well give them another week but fuck them and their platitude laden bullshit.
                                            They pop up every now and then in an English BBQ shop, albeit at £250 for the Koda, but like you, im in no real rush either.

                                            https://www.lakeland.co.uk/62007/Oon...name=Skimlinks
                                            This too shall pass.

                                            Comment


                                              v31A1Tk.jpg?1.jpg
                                              Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                              Comment


                                                Its only a matter of time....

                                                This too shall pass.

                                                Comment


                                                  Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                  Its only a matter of time....



                                                  Or even...


                                                  https://youtu.be/qOOjyfiFI0U

                                                  He he​​​​​​

                                                  Comment


                                                    Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                    It felt slightly class using the phone to pay for something today. ty revolut. Coming from a country that waves cheque books around like they're up there on a pedestal with artificial intelligence, this feels rather cool.

                                                    Trying to pick a bank for the joint account - is KBC the bank of choice these days?
                                                    KBC is a no brainer, no day to day fees, apple/google pay, you open the account online.
                                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

                                                    Comment


                                                      Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post

                                                      KBC is a no brainer, no day to day fees, apple/google pay, you open the account online.
                                                      You open it online indeed. But then, as it turns out, they say - now let us print out the form for you and we'll post it out to you for signing and then you post it back to us. Compared to revolut, I'm not sure they've fully optimised their account opening procedure. Committed now anyway

                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                      Comment


                                                        Originally posted by oleras View Post

                                                        They pop up every now and then in an English BBQ shop, albeit at £250 for the Koda, but like you, im in no real rush either.

                                                        https://www.lakeland.co.uk/62007/Oon...name=Skimlinks
                                                        Just found out that a friend who ordered the same one three weeks after I ordered mine had his delivered today.
                                                        This has turned from something I was a completely relaxed about to something a bit annoying to the worst thing that has ever happened to me... FFS!
                                                        Turning millions into thousands

                                                        Comment


                                                          Is he gone ? ?

                                                          IT reporting he is to resign.
                                                          This too shall pass.

                                                          Comment


                                                            Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                            You open it online indeed. But then, as it turns out, they say - now let us print out the form for you and we'll post it out to you for signing and then you post it back to us. Compared to revolut, I'm not sure they've fully optimised their account opening procedure. Committed now anyway
                                                            Thats strange, is it a joint account? I opened an account with them and was fully automated, even AIB and BOI you can open an account fully automated now.
                                                            Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

                                                            Comment


                                                              Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                              Is he gone ? ?

                                                              IT reporting he is to resign.

                                                              Comment


                                                                He's gone...good.

                                                                Now the heat is on Woulfe but at least political house has been cleaned.
                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                Comment


                                                                  Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                  you would hope he has someone trusted who can lead him into the metaphorical room with the loaded revolver and the bottle of whiskey....
                                                                  Took him much longer than it should have (so can hardly qualify as 'doing the decent thing') but political accountability is restored, we hope.
                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post

                                                                    Thats strange, is it a joint account? I opened an account with them and was fully automated, even AIB and BOI you can open an account fully automated now.
                                                                    Ah. It is joint. Yeah maybe because they need both signatures.
                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      My sister is selling personalised sanitiser kits for kids going back to school, if anyone is in the market for it.

                                                                      Going well for her so far.

                                                                      https://www.makeitpersonal.ie/newsto...l-hygiene-kit/
                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        Can we just send Paschal in to fill Hogan's spot?

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Just watched Kildare v Donegal All Ireland QF from 2011 on Eir

                                                                          I'm sure I was at the game and though I thought I remembered the final score right until added time in extra time I believed

                                                                          FFS Just as painful to watch it again
                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                            Can we just send Paschal in to fill Hogan's spot?
                                                                            We are going to have to push very hard for it, have to be one of Leo Pascal or Simon C I don't think you would get away with the likes of Simon H or McGrath . I think its unlikely but a lot depends on just how pissed off the commission is and how much damage they think we have done to them by inflicting our moral indignation on them.
                                                                            My guess is that they are all very pissed off because of the precedent that's been set will never go away now.
                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

                                                                              We are going to have to push very hard for it, have to be one of Leo Pascal or Simon C I don't think you would get away with the likes of Simon H or McGrath . I think its unlikely but a lot depends on just how pissed off the commission is and how much damage they think we have done to them by inflicting our moral indignation on them.
                                                                              My guess is that they are all very pissed off because of the precedent that's been set will never go away now.
                                                                              Just give it a rest. You've been completely on the wrong side of this from the start.

                                                                              You can be fully assured that VDL is completely onboard with this. He had to go and should have done so when Calleary did.
                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                Very obvious from looking at his RTE interview that he genuinely doesn't get why he had to resign.
                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  He could have immediately come out with an apology for everything, explained that he completely understood why all of it was bad & took on an appropriate demeanour, and explained that if the public agreed he would stay on to conduct the Brexit negotiations, he would resign after that. By that stage, it would be all water under the bridge, and he'd have a chance to re-establish his reputation. Unfortunately, it seems Hitch was advising him.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                                    Just give it a rest. You've been completely on the wrong side of this from the start.
                                                                                    I'm not on any side, I simply think we are cutting off our nose to spite our face for something that was a fraction of the breach of regulations Mary Lou orchestrated a few weeks ago without any consequences.
                                                                                    Unusual to see you running with the rabble.

                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                      He could have immediately come out with an apology for everything, explained that he completely understood why all of it was bad & took on an appropriate demeanour, and explained that if the public agreed he would stay on to conduct the Brexit negotiations, he would resign after that. By that stage, it would be all water under the bridge, and he'd have a chance to re-establish his reputation. Unfortunately, it seems Hitch was advising him.
                                                                                      Sounds great but 0% chance of that ever happening when RTE have Liveline on the case
                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

                                                                                        I'm not on any side, I simply think we are cutting off our nose to spite our face for something that was a fraction of the breach of regulations Mary Lou orchestrated a few weeks ago without any consequences.
                                                                                        Unusual to see you running with the rabble.
                                                                                        Look at you descending to Hitch levels of nonsense by claiming this is mob justice.

                                                                                        I explained clearly why he had to resign. Read it again as it clearly didn't sink in the first time:

                                                                                        Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                        In terms of leadership and the right thing to do, here is my take on this. I doubt I'm alone in this thinking but let's see.

                                                                                        We are in an absolutely unprecedented situation in our history. The closest historical parallel would probably be a major war, which thankfully none of us have ever experienced. This has required the imposition of extraordinary measures to safeguard public health. These measures can only be effective if the population buys in to the need for them and, critically, believes that everyone else, including those at the top, buys into the spirit and the letter of the measures.
                                                                                        This requires clear, consistent messaging from our political leadership both in terms of words and deeds. This leadership goes a very long way to ensuring that the social cohesion required to stick to the measures does not break and that we have an effective response to the crisis.

                                                                                        This lack of consistent messaging is part of the reason why the US and Brazil are so fucked compared to countries that do have good leadership. Their own leaders have actually undermined their own public health experts and this has led to confused, ineffective policy responses which large parts of the population have ignored.

                                                                                        So leadership is absolutely critical to an effective response to this emergency. If our leaders are perceived to be flaunting their own regulations, they completely undermine their own message, leading to the breakdown of social cohesion. Leading to the regulations being ignored by more and more people. Leading to death and long-term chronic illnesses that we don't even comprehend here. That's the outcome here. And that's why anyone in a leadership position - be it medical, political, journalistic, legal - who breaks the regulations has to go. They absolutely have to be held to a higher standard here. O'Rourke, Calleary and Buttimer (to their credit) realise this and resigned pretty much immediately.
                                                                                        Hogan likewise has to go, and for the same reasons. And if he won't quit of his own volition, he should be sacked.


                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                          He could have immediately come out with an apology for everything, explained that he completely understood why all of it was bad & took on an appropriate demeanour, and explained that if the public agreed he would stay on to conduct the Brexit negotiations, he would resign after that. By that stage, it would be all water under the bridge, and he'd have a chance to re-establish his reputation. Unfortunately, it seems Hitch was advising him.
                                                                                          Again.

                                                                                          Hogan is not and never was conducting any form of Brexit negotiation.
                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

                                                                                            I thought it was generally accepted Kerrygold is the best in the land? Never have i thought of the need for an artisan butter! Im sure if you go to Fresh or Donnybrook fair or the likes theyll wrap the Kerrygold in a diff wrapper and charge you a few quid extra if it makes ya feel better haha!
                                                                                            There's a local creamery down here called Lee Strand that does one that's slightly less salty but creamier that's even better. I don't think it can be got anywhere north of Tarbert though. Kerrygold is delicious anyway.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              Originally posted by Gimmeabreak View Post

                                                                                              mine also just arrived 6 x Rubicon, 5 x Meerlust Merlot, 2 x 2019 Midleton, 1 x 2018 Midleton.

                                                                                              On the topic of whiskey - I have bought 2 x Irish Whiskey lately that are trying to break into the aged/premium. 17yo O'Connell and 18yo Teeling. Both fall well below expectations. Seems buying aged casks and finishing them for 6 months in madeira casks is the approach du jour. It isn't working and the whiskey is being totally overpowered.
                                                                                              May be of no interest but there's a guy on boards who does splits of large bottles of expensive cologne. They come exceptionally well packaged and usually a very good discount on store prices. He's trying to branch into expensive whiskey so I guess you would get like a nagan worth for pennies on the euro to try stuff out before committing to a full bottle. Can dig out the link if you might be interested.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                                                Just give it a rest. You've been completely on the wrong side of this from the start.

                                                                                                You can be fully assured that VDL is completely onboard with this. He had to go and should have done so when Calleary did.
                                                                                                lols if you post the same wrong thing 50 times I suppose we will all give up and let you on with the dodgy thinking process. So you are winning in a way
                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  Originally posted by Keane View Post

                                                                                                  May be of no interest but there's a guy on boards who does splits of large bottles of expensive cologne. They come exceptionally well packaged and usually a very good discount on store prices. He's trying to branch into expensive whiskey so I guess you would get like a nagan worth for pennies on the euro to try stuff out before committing to a full bottle. Can dig out the link if you might be interested.
                                                                                                  Thats a pretty cool idea. I like it.
                                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                                                    lols if you post the same wrong thing 50 times I suppose we will all give up and let you on with the dodgy thinking process. So you are winning in a way
                                                                                                    Arguing any further with you on this topic is clearly fruitless, particularly when considering how stunningly wrong you've been on it. Note how many people agreed with you on here. None (except a half-hearted troll by Strewel).

                                                                                                    So I'll let the last word here be yours:

                                                                                                    Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                    Ah, I don't want to act like I'm excusing them, even if that's the way it comes atcross. Ultimately its fully on the person. Let them all resign.
                                                                                                    ​​
                                                                                                    Although this rare outbreak of clear thinking was swiftly followed by a rather jaw-dropping lack of judgement:

                                                                                                    Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                                                    Big Phil is amazing and luckily is in no danger
                                                                                                    Au revoir Monsieur.
                                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                      Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                                                      Thats a pretty cool idea. I like it.
                                                                                                      I'm not sure how much traction he's getting on the whiskey but the cologne splits he does are brilliant. It ends up being an expensive hobby but you're getting a 50ml bottle for say 80 quid that would be approaching 200 blips in BTs. He packages them insanely well also.

                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                        Originally posted by Keane View Post

                                                                                                        I'm not sure how much traction he's getting on the whiskey but the cologne splits he does are brilliant. It ends up being an expensive hobby but you're getting a 50ml bottle for say 80 quid that would be approaching 200 blips in BTs. He packages them insanely well also.
                                                                                                        Buying repackaged booze off some random on the internet will surely put a lot of people off. Wonder if there's any legal issues he could run into doing that.

                                                                                                        A neighbour who I never talked to knocked on my door with a big box of bath tub booze saying he was moving to the states and did I want it. I took it off him to be polite but everything was marked 80% and up. Poured it down the drain after a few failed attempts to offer it to friends when they came over. Just not worth the tiny risk attached to booze I know nothing about.
                                                                                                        Last edited by Charlie Sheen; 26-08-20, 21:49.

                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                          Looks like a belter of a storm for the US tonight. Finally some proper weather porn. Their media always tend to overegg these storms to grow TV ratings but this one from their Met Office has been promised as having 'unsurvivable wave surges' so could actually be worth a watch.

                                                                                                          Hopefully a few of the classic crowd pleasers of owners of wood-built houses shocked - shocked - that timber isn't very good against the big bad wolf of wind.

                                                                                                          Although if I remember correctly they purposefully build the houses of wood so if it blows down it won't kill you, while bricks will?
                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                                            Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                                                            Arguing any further with you on this topic is clearly fruitless, particularly when considering how stunningly wrong you've been on it. Note how many people agreed with you on here. None (except a half-hearted troll by Strewel).

                                                                                                            So I'll let the last word here be yours:



                                                                                                            Although this rare outbreak of clear thinking was swiftly followed by a rather jaw-dropping lack of judgement:



                                                                                                            Au revoir Monsieur.
                                                                                                            51

                                                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                                              Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post

                                                                                                              Buying repackaged booze off some random on the internet will surely put a lot of people off. Wonder if there's any legal issues he could run into doing that.

                                                                                                              A neighbour who I never talked to knocked on my door with a big box of bath tub booze saying he was moving to the states and did I want it. I took it off him to be polite but everything was marked 80% and up. Poured it down the drain after a few failed attempts to offer it to friends when they came over. Just not worth the tiny risk attached to booze I know nothing about.
                                                                                                              Yeah that's fair enough. In this case I can vouch for the cologne splits this guy does, they are A1 and would expect the whiskey to be similar. His thread is here, I think it's been universal positive feedback for the years he has been doing it

                                                                                                              https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...p?t=2057732087

                                                                                                              On the legalities of it I was surprised it got off the ground without issues but all the major websites for aftershave (there appear to be many!) look to have been doing similar for years. I'd say it's probably a trademark greyish area. It's possible there are more stringent rules around spirits but I wouldn't know

                                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                                Mad to watch HH repeatedly defend a politician who's clearly unfit for office, in the face all of logical and reasoning, and against the rest of the BBV.

                                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                                  Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                  Mad to watch HH repeatedly defend a politician who's clearly unfit for office, in the face all of logical and reasoning, and against the rest of the BBV.
                                                                                                                  Ha . You are good I'll give you that

                                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                                    omarfeatured-960x430.jpg
                                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

                                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                                      Originally posted by Keane View Post

                                                                                                                      Yeah that's fair enough. In this case I can vouch for the cologne splits this guy does, they are A1 and would expect the whiskey to be similar. His thread is here, I think it's been universal positive feedback for the years he has been doing it

                                                                                                                      https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...p?t=2057732087

                                                                                                                      On the legalities of it I was surprised it got off the ground without issues but all the major websites for aftershave (there appear to be many!) look to have been doing similar for years. I'd say it's probably a trademark greyish area. It's possible there are more stringent rules around spirits but I wouldn't know
                                                                                                                      There is a whiskey shop in Dublin, L Mulligan, doing similar. 100ml bottles. Basically paying retail, use a few euro for mini bottle and postage. Although the it's more of a sample of a midrange bottle you might buy rather than a rare and expensive one that you'll never own.

                                                                                                                      There is no issue with Trademark. Whisky bonding is the bulk buying, aging blending and selling of spirits and has existed for centuries. Many pubs and brands are simply reselling whiskey made by others (especially any new distillery set up in the last 5 years). The only issue would be if he is selling it without a license to do so.
                                                                                                                      But if the money is pooled before he buys the main bottle, and used to buy the main bottle. Then I supposed he is giving it away rather than selling it and all above board. Especially as duty is paid on the original purchase. And even if not, private sales are common on the secondary market.

                                                                                                                      It would be something I was interested in, although only when it was a niche quiet thing. As soon as there was demand, or a waiting list I'd be out as the temptation for skulduggery is always there.

                                                                                                                      You really have no way on knowing if the Cognac or Whiskey you are being sent is legit. So, a deal of trust involved.

                                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                                        2 * kids (the primary ones) go back to school today. Both trying to pretend like it's a normal day ("ugh, school").

                                                                                                                        A good day.
                                                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                                          Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                          2 * kids (the primary ones) go back to school today. Both trying to pretend like it's a normal day ("ugh, school").

                                                                                                                          A good day.
                                                                                                                          Make the most of the 4 weeks before they shut down again
                                                                                                                          Person...Woman...Man......Camera..TV

                                                                                                                          Comment

                                                                                                                          Working...
                                                                                                                          X