This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    We were looking at Rainforest Golf in Dundrum but the dumbasses don't allow reservations presumably on the grounds that they would prefer that everyone get corona queuing up to get in.
    Airfield in Dundrum is quite popular. Think you need a dry day for it though. https://www.airfield.ie/
    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I'm a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
        I'm a free man.
        Back on the meat?

Comment

Now that's what I call a euphemism

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Back on the meat?
            I know somebody who will be

Comment

Fr Ted stamps

?width=630&version=5188304.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                they are huge stamps Ted.

Dougal, This stamp is close, that stamp is far away.

Comment

Personally I think Fr Ted trumps every other Comedy on TV . It was just so good . Fawlty Towers after that.

Comment

Police Squad
                    Sgt. Bilko
                    The rest!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Surprised at the betting there. Thought Covney was too young to be put out to pasture. I'm sure Fitzgerald would love the job, but isn't she fairly universally disliked/incapable.

Comment

Well they've an odds book up on this on PP now. My risky max bet of €22 on Frances to win €330, suggesting its unlikely to be a runner.
                            Interesting market. Coveney surely wants to be Taoiseach which would rule him out.

I'll have a few quid on Bruton and Day. The only two I've actually met.
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Comment

I've no idea though. Like zero.
                                  You should get this put on your grave.

Comment

Sending Coveney would require a by-election for which Jerry Buttimer would be the best candidate, but the Raoul mob also fired him. So essentially the seat would be lost and there isn't much leeway to be losing seats on the lee.
                                    We can't nominate someone who doesn't want the job. Coveney wants to be Taoiseach which means he has to stay on the domestic stage.

Comment

Catherine Day knows the EU inside out and is very well regarded in Brussels.

Against that, she's not a politician.

Comment

Clare Daly on TV defending Phil Hogan

She must have a a few dodgy movements in her location history
                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                          Clare Daly on TV defending Phil Hogan

She must have a a few dodgy movements in her location history
                                          Just waiting for someone to tip up Bertie here.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

You should get this put on your grave.
                                            generate.php?top1=Hitchhiker&top2=He+had+no+idea+though.&top3=Like+Zero&top4=&sp=.jpg

Comment

Just waiting for someone to tip up Bertie here.
                                              I had him touted today when talking to a former senator who himself was a reg at that golf outing even though he doesn't pay golf

Comment

Comment

omg - like omg! look at the clip of the red panda here.
                                                  Moar Sino propaganda.

Comment

I guess they will probably put up a pair like for instance Fitzgerald and Simon or McGuinness and Leo on the understanding that the big hitter only goes if we keep trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                      I guess they will probably put up a pair like for instance Fitzgerald and Simon or McGuinness and Leo on the understanding that the big hitter only goes if we keep trade.
                                                      Is there any particular reason why you refer to some people by their first names and others by their surname? Really seems odd to me.

Comment

Especially cause there's two Simons

Comment

Comment

Read 11.22.63 again , excellent. In his afterword SK says he had intended to dedicate it to Jack Finney who wrote Time and Again however a new granddaughter got that honour.
                                                            Had completely forgotten about Time and Again, must have read that about 25 years ago. Hope I have it buried somewhere.

Comment

Trump gaining back some ground, 11/10. He was touching 2/1 not too long ago.

Comment

EgfGnzIUcAA0CpJ?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg
                                                                Attached Files

Comment

That's a neat little vignette of 'political discourse in America in the year 2020'

Not exactly Webster's Second Reply to Hayne.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                    His tactics are exactly what won him the election last time. Scare the shit out of the voters and drag everyone into the gutter.

The question is will the floaters believe him, having seen his errr, unique executive style, at work for the last 4 years?

Comment

His tactics are exactly what won him the election last time. Scare the shit out of the voters and drag everyone into the gutter.

The question is will the floaters believe him, having seen his errr, unique executive style, at work for the last 4 years?
                                                                      He has a baked in Electoral College advantage, so Biden needs a 5-6% margin to overcome that in all likelihood. There are a LOT less undecideds this time compared to last time too.

I think it'll be Biden but I wouldn't put any significant money on it. Trump is a 35% plus shot here.
                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Trump will be crushed . Worst bet ever . American has been dragged through the gutter by this facepainted clown

Comment

America dragged itself through the gutter. Can't break the link between the electorate choosing Trump, and his actions.

I'm not sure how America gets away from Politics == Sports though. It's all a little culty for my liking. You're either blue or your red or you're an outcast. Really big problem imo. You will end up with this exact problem happening time and time again unless there is some revival of the centre ground.

It's completely and absolutely fine to vote Democrat one year for their policies and then choose Republican 4 years later as their policies for the coming period 'align' better. It should be utterly normal to be able to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Yeah that's fair enough. In this case I can vouch for the cologne splits this guy does, they are A1 and would expect the whiskey to be similar. His thread is here, I think it's been universal positive feedback for the years he has been doing it

**NB the move to Vanilla has made it impossible to update this OP properly (please excuse the formatting etc - not much I can do I'm afraid). Full details etc.

On the legalities of it I was surprised it got off the ground without issues but all the major websites for aftershave (there appear to be many!) look to have been doing similar for years. I'd say it's probably a trademark greyish area. It's possible there are more stringent rules around spirits but I wouldn't know
                                                                            ​
                                                                            I misread you post as Cognac, not cologne. even before you mentioned Whiskey.
                                                                            I was reading through that thread trying to find where he had added the drinks. I though one was drinking the stuff the way he was going on.
                                                                            Will keep an eye out for the Whiskey.

Comment

Trump is an outlier and a direct reaction to a black president. You cannot argue his reign has been unprecedented. The blue/red choice has always been there however there has been nothing like Trump . His lies are in the 100s , he has tried to reconstruct actual facts before our eyes and STILL he has apologists and supporters who dismiss his daily infantile behaviour and blindly follow. In my lifetime I've never seen the US so disrespected on the world stage. This is more than partizan politics . It's quite staggering what is now accepted as normal these past 4 years .

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

He has a baked in Electoral College advantage, so Biden needs a 5-6% margin to overcome that in all likelihood. There are a LOT less undecideds this time compared to last time too.

I think it'll be Biden but I wouldn't put any significant money on it. Trump is a 35% plus shot here.
                                                                                Hello!

Seeing as you are here, what is your take on Woulfe?
                                                                                And I don't want to know what the rules are, I simply want to know do you think he should\should not resign from the SC (and why)?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                  It's completely and absolutely fine to vote Democrat one year for their policies and then choose Republican 4 years later as their policies for the coming period 'align' better. It should be utterly normal to be able to do that.
                                                                                  Remember that within living memory, there has been a president who nobody knew up to one year before the election whether he was a Democract or a Republican (Eisenhower).

I like that.

Comment

...

Comment

I Was walking down past a garden, little boy in the garden shouts, Hey you wanna play football? Give it here, give it here I said.
                                                                                      I threw the ball in the air then kicked in way up the road and it landed in a skip. Why did you do that he cried? That's a life lesson for you my lad, a life lesson. He whimpered a bit more, then his mother came out obviously annoyed with me and said.. For fks sake, you only get to see him weekends. Why be such a bastard.

Comment

...

Comment

Just doesn't seem like proper democracy in the US. As in you have to belong to only one of two parties to be elected. Its an oligopoly to the monopoly of dictatorship.
                                                                                          They do have other parties (Greens, Libertarian Party etc.).
                                                                                          I think they were more prevalent and indeed influential in the past; there was a relatively strong Socialist Party in the 20s\30s and of course the Progressive\Bull Moose Party won over a quarter of the vote in the 1912 election.

But they are mostly crowded out of the market now by the two big beasts.

You could equally argue that a clear choice of two options is better than a confusing smorgasbord of a dozen small parties who will have to coalesce in some fuzzy manner? Don't know, we Irish can hardly argue about that as we had a 2.25 party system for most of our democratic history....

Comment

Check your Stars accounts as you may have a $109 ticket in a chest for WCOOP

Comment

noma open for reservations. still loads of spots for anything above two spots.

Comment

Hello!

Seeing as you are here, what is your take on Woulfe?
                                                                                                And I don't want to know what the rules are, I simply want to know do you think he should\should not resign from the SC (and why)?
                                                                                                I'll take "Questions I won't answer" for 600 please Alex...
                                                                                                ncs_JEOPARDY_GOAT_Production-Design_001.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                  I'll take "Questions I won't answer" for 600 please Alex...
                                                                                                  if it was you, I bet you would have resigned by now

Comment

*The number you have called has been disconnected, please try again*

Comment

Son no2 has a persistent cough so ordered a home kit (got one for myself as well just in case) as better be safe than sorry before they start school again in a week or so. Supposedly, we get it tomorrow, send it back, and should get the results within 3 days. Let's see how well it works.

Comment

"I'll exercise my constitutional right to take the 5th" .

Do you really think that Kayroo would ever answer a question like that in a public forum?

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                I got some at 7/4. Easy say now I should've gone bigger and laid off. Hard to see anything bigger than 5/4 not being a good bet, odds were surely always going to come closer to 50/50 near election time.

Is it fair to say Trump is not a good politician but is good at politics?
                                                                                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Remember that one friend that went off on a J1 and came back berating everything here and saying how everything over there was so much better...and you told him to fuck back there if its so good....
                                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

"I'll exercise my constitutional right to take the 5th" .

Do you really think that Kayroo would ever answer a question like that in a public forum?
                                                                                                                    Well, clearly Woulfe should resign too. He drafted the fucking covid regs FFS.

Supreme Court justices are just as much national leaders (just not very visible ones) as high-ranking politicians or distinguished broadcasters.

Now to watch the legal eagles circle to protect their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post

I got some at 7/4. Easy say now I should've gone bigger and laid off. Hard to see anything bigger than 5/4 not being a good bet, odds were surely always going to come closer to 50/50 near election time.

Is it fair to say Trump is not a good politician but is good at politics?
                                                                                                                      Maybe more accurate to say he is not a good president but is an unprecedentedly successful politician.

All presidents are successful politicians by definition.
                                                                                                                      But becoming president effectively out of nowhere in the way he did is a feat unmatched in US politics.
                                                                                                                      Love him or loathe him, you have to give him due recognition for that.

Comment

...
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 28-08-20, 12:17.

Comment

Like Dev returning from the US and deciding that Ireland should also be a free country?

The pig swimming in their own shit doesn't even smell it. Online payment tech and basic stock checking is like 20-year-old technology. I'd imagine the people of fucking Burundi visiting the country would also be appalled with the state of Irish tech.

An Post is just crap relative to other Irish delivery companies which all give realistic delivery windows. I don't know how they go home from work each day not feeling scarlet about how they are running their business.
                                                                                                                          You realise he was only two when he was brought back to Ireland by his uncle, to be raised by his grandparents in Limerick. Doubt he understood freedom then
                                                                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X