Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    You're still really upset about me voting for the one person who offered to cut my taxes?
    What serious right wing credentials are you referring to?
    Are you going to go back to accusing me of being a racist again?
    You do clearly support the biggest buffoon in world politics . Your base line strums along to your wall street bias . People can make a case for anyone these days. Sure even Kayroo himself fell for it with Cromwell .
    If you really believe what you write about Trump then darn tooting jetro we're going to have to hide the sharp tools from you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
      You do clearly support the biggest buffoon in world politics . Your base line strums along to your wall street bias . People can make a case for anyone these days. Sure even Kayroo himself fell for it with Cromwell .
      If you really believe what you write about Trump then darn tooting jetro we're going to have to hide the sharp tools from you.
      I’d hate to a a billionaire in my 70s looking so Spritely after getting north abd South Korea to have real talks after over 60 years of a defacto war hit wife etc. Now Teresa May there is a buffoon or any number of despots witch doctors in charge of African states.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
        The anti-choice side have long been known for their debating skills. Some nice pleasant conversation outside the Rotunda I'm sure.
        Pretty sick what they are doing at the Rotunda, saw the hospital posting up about it. Those protesters are at a maternity hospital, not an abortion clinic. They have no idea why each and every one of those are there. Some may be bleeding and terrified, some may have more tragic reasons. Most are there for standard appointments or visiting. Absolutely no need.

The repeal date can't come quick enough IMO. Even in another Country, it is all I am reading about. I arrive in Ireland the day after.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
          Pretty sick what they are doing at the Rotunda, saw the hospital posting up about it. Those protesters are at a maternity hospital, not an abortion clinic. They have no idea why each and every one of those are there. Some may be bleeding and terrified, some may have more tragic reasons. Most are there for standard appointments or visiting. Absolutely no need.

The repeal date can't come quick enough IMO. Even in another Country, it is all I am reading about. I arrive in Ireland the day after.
          I passed by . In fairness some of them were hawt. I think angry wimmin are very sexy., but they've no sense of humour. My Vitas Gerulatis joke met a very frosty reception..

Comment

Devestating night for Corbyn in the local elections.

Comment

You're still really upset about me voting for the one person who offered to cut my taxes?
              What serious right wing credentials are you referring to?
              Are you going to go back to accusing me of being a racist again?
              Not that Denny needs my help but I'll semi-post in his defence. Being 'right-wing' isn't a bad thing.

I'm right-wing. Most people in Ireland are right-wing (to judge by their voting patterns). 99%+ of the US population are right-wing.

Note I'm using the term in its proper meaning. Not the hysterical online version. Thus you can be 'right-wing' and be in favour of the EU, be horrified by the stupidity of Brexit, be revolted by Trump, identify the current fad for dumb politics at both ends of the spectrum as juvenile and regressive, be in favour of less governmental interference in private life, be in favour of abortion availability, want private sector efficiencies in the public sector, be in favour of immigration and want people to take more responsibility for their own lives.

That doesn't make you some alt-right loon. It makes you close to....the average voter.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

The repeal date can't come quick enough IMO. Even in another Country, it is all I am reading about. .
                ^This

One of the few times I'm glad to have 17,000km of separation

Comment

If Trump was half as smart as Denny claimed he wouldn't have several investigations whirling around him threatening to cut his presidency short, and his lawyer wouldn't have had his documents impounded in a no knock dawn FBI raid

Ethics experts astonished after Trump acknowledges he repaid Cohen via retainer that had ‘nothing to do with the campaign’

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                    ^This

One of the few times I'm glad to have 17,000km of separation
                    To be honest, I'm not noticing it all that much.

Had a single campaigner (Yes) knock on the door who was swiftly dispatched with a promise of two votes.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                      If Trump was half as smart as Denny claimed he wouldn't have several investigations whirling around him threatening to cut his presidency short, and his lawyer wouldn't have had his documented impounded in a no knock dawn FBI raid

Ethics experts astonished after Trump acknowledges he repaid Cohen via retainer that had ‘nothing to do with the campaign’

http://uk.businessinsider.com/fbi-ta...18-4?r=US&IR=T
                      He's not smart. He barely has a grasp on reality.

He is cunning though. Don't underestimate cunning.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                        If Trump was half as smart as Denny claimed he wouldn't have several investigations whirling around him threatening to cut his presidency short, and his lawyer wouldn't have had his documents impounded in a no knock dawn FBI raid

http://uk.businessinsider.com/fbi-ta...18-4?r=US&IR=T
                        Be careful about reading the Guardian massive biases.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                          Not that Denny needs my help but I'll semi-post in his defence. Being 'right-wing' isn't a bad thing.

I'm right-wing. Most people in Ireland are right-wing (to judge by their voting patterns). 99%+ of the US population are right-wing.

Note I'm using the term in its proper meaning. Not the hysterical online version. Thus you can be 'right-wing' and be in favour of the EU, be horrified by the stupidity of Brexit, be revolted by Trump, identify the current fad for dumb politics at both ends of the spectrum as juvenile and regressive, be in favour of less governmental interference in private life, be in favour of abortion availability, want private sector efficiencies in the public sector, be in favour of immigration and want people to take more responsibility for their own lives.

That doesn't make you some alt-right loon. It makes you close to....the average voter.
                          I think Hitch thinks I'm secretly a old school right wing Catholic given how often be brings up that I voted for Lucinda. Even though I'd be to the left of Bernie Saunders on social issues.

Comment

To be honest, I'm not noticing it all that much.

Had a single campaigner (Yes) knock on the door who was swiftly dispatched with a promise of two votes.
                            Maybe FB has been the cause of most. Has for me anyway. I have friends in both camps and there is no talking to either of them. The No friends are much more aggressive than the Yes friends.

Comment

Fucking Billions, I'll never get my hands on an ortolan now.

Comment

Maybe FB has been the cause of most. Has for me anyway. I have friends in both camps and there is no talking to either of them. The No friends are much more aggressive than the Yes friends.
                                Stop using Facebook so much. It's head melting. So much good unbiased info out there if you wanna read about it.

Comment

My Nephew was in a heat and plumbing suppliers in Tallaght yesterday when a couple came in with a little boy aged about seven. The kid wanders off from the parents goes up to a bathroom display on a pedestal right in the middle of the shop, eyeballs my nephew with a 'bould look', drops his trousers and sits up on the toilet. The nephew, a parent of small kids himself, says 'Don't do it' a couple of times, getting louder so that the parents pay attention but by the time the Mother looked up it was too late Plop! Plop!
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Facebook, Twitter are the root cause of the rise of Stupidism in the world. It's way too easy for the lunatic fringe to amplify their message there.

Hence you get Trump, Brexit, 5star, AfD etc etc....

Comment

I have to get back on that, I can't remember why I stopped watching. I watched Godless over the past couple of weeks, that was pretty good.

Comment

we've a situation where a guy who inherited a couple of mil (obv a great start but most inherited wealth is squandered within two to three generations) who turned it into billions and the presidency against all odds and predictions,
                                        Never had you down as naive and gullible

Stop watching nonsense like that and do a little research into how the Russian banks work.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                          This is a magnificent thread.

that was awesome
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                            Talking about Henry Street. Born in Dublin man and boy and somehow only discovered the GPO arcade last Sunday!. Didnt know it existed, absolutely ridiculous. Went in early Sunday to get my hair cut in the Chinese in Capel St but they are getting lazy these days opening 11am now. So cycled down on a Dublin bike to the trusty Argentinian on Moore St who I havdnt visited in some time but the place was closed despite it always being open previously as early as 9am. So parked the bike on Princes St just off O'Connell st and low and behold what did I stumble upon the GPO arcade!. Ive got my excuses as when hitting Henry St im always going somewhere with a purpose with no time to stop in the human tide to pay heed.

Walked back to Capel St and was at the Chinese at 10.56 so decided to go into Boylesports a few doors up to have a look to kill the 3 minutes. 4 minutes later back to the chinese and it was open so I strode in only to see 2 women on the chopping blocks and 4 waiting, ffs.

Walked to Parnell st and went into a chinese cutters there and nearly had the eardrums blown off me by the noise of the motor in the electric cutter. FFS, it can never be a standard no issue haircut for me.
                                            There is surely more to this preference for Asian or south american barbers than you are volunteering.
                                            Have you particularly straight hair or something?
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Facebook, Twitter are the root cause of the rise of Stupidism in the world. It's way too easy for the lunatic fringe to amplify their message there.

Hence you get Trump, Brexit, 5star, AfD etc etc....
                                              I think there is a case to be made that the left were masters of their own downfall.
                                              Equality of opinion and fringe opinions given airtime for 'balance' has had a dramatic effect promoting civil engagement (good) but gave credence and ultimately drove support to simple, nee stupid political answers (bad)

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                I think there is a case to be made that the left were masters of their own downfall.
                                                Equality of opinion and fringe opinions given airtime for 'balance' has had a dramatic effect promoting civil engagement (good) but gave credence and ultimately drove support to simple, nee stupid political answers (bad)
                                                Who is 'the left' though?

Comment

In as much as the terms mean anything anymore, Left is Europe with its healthcare, pensions, education and all those pesky workplace health and safety regulations. The right is America with its culture of millionaire winners and five job family losers.

Comment

Who is 'the left' though?
                                                    social progressives, liberals, general good eggs

It is a bit nebulous I'll grant you.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                      In as much as the terms mean anything anymore, Left is Europe with its healthcare, pensions, education and all those pesky workplace health and safety regulations. The right is America with its culture of millionaire winners and five job family losers.
                                                      That's simplistic to the extreme.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                        social progressives, liberals, general good eggs

It is a bit nebulous I'll grant you.
                                                        I consider myself to be progressive and liberal but I'm not left wing.

You seem to be conferring some sort of moral superiority on 'the left'. Whereas most Irish politicians who self-identify as left are fuckwits of the highest order
                                                        Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 04-05-18, 09:40.

Comment

I consider myself to be progressive but I'm not left wing.

You seem to be conferring some sort of moral superiority on 'the left'. Whereas most Irish politicians who self-identify as left are fuckwits of the highest order
                                                          What you consider yourself and what label would be foisted on your for your beliefs are two different things. I agree pretty much would your average voter description posted above, like it or not, that would class you as left wing based on your immigration viewpoint alone with certain groups.
                                                          Nuance and subtlety are not traits you associate with extreme viewpoints.
                                                          Most people who declare themselves right wing or left wing do so without fully grasping that the majority of people are somewhere in the middle.
                                                          "Right wing but.." or "left wing except... " is how people fall in most things.
                                                          The perceived moral superiority is based on the gentler hippy love everyone notion of the left. The right don't really have a fuzzier side to most

Comment

I'll ask you the same question (now that we know the left are morally superior hippies ).

What is 'the right'?

And finally, for a real world reference point, what is Angela Merkel?

Comment

Music King play-off for entry to the semi-final, please vote:

Comment

I need to learn French . What's the best resource out there Hitch ? Duolingo has been mentioned

Anyone taken it up from beginner to advanced . How long to competency ?.

Comment

RD3's itch for a chance to quote Churchill's heartless/brainless line is palpable

Comment

There are actually quite a few similarities between the fuckwits of the extreme left and right.

One of which is they expect the centre to pay for their fuckwittery.

Comment

I'll ask you the same question (now that we know the left are morally superior hippies ).

What is 'the right'?

And finally, for a real world reference point, what is Angela Merkel?
                                                                      What is 'the right'?

Again, it's a little nebulous, the dictionary definition, the accepted parlance and the understanding of the masses are going to be different.

Broadly speaking 'the right' is a collection of beliefs and views that support a social order and for want of a better word, class system. This belief in an order or rank lends itself to economics, nationalism and religion.

At it's core it preaches self determination but realistically it couldn't survive if this was allowed unhampered. Capitalism is very much a right wing belief and this has done fantastic things and improved life on earth in general in a remarkably short length of time. It's also caused huge suffering so, swings and roundabouts.

Merkel is centre right and a pragmatist. If i recall correctly her embrace of mass immigration (which is her largest nod to left wing beliefs) was largely due to an ageing workforce and low birth rates rather than altruism.

This is of course all half formed stream of consciousness writing so I fully expect it to be pulled apart and decimated

Comment

The product placement does work, made me wonder if the Michter's Bourbon they always have that nice. No doubt I'll spend too much on a drop if I ever see it in a bar.

Am losing interest in the show itself though.

Comment

Hierarchy is a better word....
                                                                          god damn moron I am

Comment

Cycled to Wicklow without dying this morning. Bray isn't a town, it's just a really big hill!
                                                                            Going in the sea soon

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                              Cycled to Wicklow without dying this morning. Bray isn't a town, it's just a really big hill!
                                                                              Going in the sea soon
                                                                              Beautiful intro to the 70s TV show. Please see my interpretation of this in my videos...
                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I need to learn French . What's the best resource out there Hitch ? Duolingo has been mentioned

Anyone taken it up from beginner to advanced . How long to competency ?.
                                                                                Languages are bloody difficult.
                                                                                After a discussion here on gaelic schools and languages back in February, I started Spanish lessons in the Cervantes Institute in March. It's tough and I'm pretty much last in the class but hanging on in there. I console myself with the thought that I at least know a lot more Spanish than I did a month previously, even if I suspect I'd be passed down to the remedial slow-learners dunce class if such a thing existed.
                                                                                After 12 hours of lessons I'd estimate I would expect to need somewhere around 100 hours before being anyway competent.

No particular help with your French question, but good luck.

Doesn't help that the class is full of Eastern Euro types who take to different languages like a fish to water. And probably swotted for weeks before their first 'beginner' class. Cunts.

Comment

...
                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                    Raoul: you are very much left of centre internationally with your self-described views!
                                                                                    I want lower taxes and less government spending on welfare.

Now?

Comment

Merci Armani. Bon chance.

You should try Finnish . Headfk of a language.

Comment

I want lower taxes and less government spending on welfare.

Now?
                                                                                        A bollox

Comment

A bollox
                                                                                          Indubitably!

But a right- wing bollix or a left-wing bollix?

Comment

Have to say, I think Denny gets some amount of unwarranted and unjustified stick on here. Always handles it in quite a dignified fashion though to be fair.

Comment

Indubitably!

A swinging bollox

Comment

Indubitably!

Its as meaningless as whether you are a Man U or Liverpool fan do you wear a red Marx shirt or a blue Smith one.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                  Have to say, I think Denny gets some amount of unwarranted and unjustified stick on here. Always handles it in quite a dignified fashion though to be fair.
                                                                                                  I just called Raoul a swinging bollox.

Denny gets zero stick.

Comment

Interesting enough AMA from an ex heroin addict on boards
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

I just called Raoul a swinging bollox.

Denny gets zero stick.
                                                                                                      Who haven't you called a bollox?

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                        Interesting enough AMA from an ex heroin addict on boards
                                                                                                        I thought the same. You're definitely going to notice those citrus packets around the city centre from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                          Who haven't you called a bollox?
                                                                                                          Mrsflushdraw

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                            I thought the same. You're definitely going to notice those citrus packets around the city centre from now on.
                                                                                                            I had heard it before, but the submitting 3 dirty tests to be eligible for methodone is mental. You hand yourself in for help and you have to go shoot up for another week to qualify
                                                                                                            Last edited by eamonhonda; 04-05-18, 13:04.
                                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Merci Armani. Bon chance.

You should try Finnish . Headfk of a language.
                                                                                                              Hold my beer - Maltese!

Il-Malti vera lingwa difficli biex titghallmu, anka ghal Maltin stess, hafna drabi.

Comment

In other news I see some priest wants to exorcise a church after two lads went riding in it dressed as priests and left a load of gay all over the place.

The Catholic Church has called gardaí to investigate images apparently showing a man in priest's vestments performing a sex act on the altar of an Irish church.
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Hold my beer - Maltese!

Il-Malti vera lingwa difficli biex titghallmu, anka ghal Maltin stess, hafna drabi.
                                                                                                                  jesus, i thought croatian was hard, when basically č,ć,đ,je all sound the same but are apparently different, ive been trying to learn, but manage to pronounce words wrong all the time so i stick with the normal, hello, thank you, good day,good night(greetings change depending on time of day) then there is bok for hello bok for goodbye and jenja for goodbye also. do be walking around saying random shit at times thinking to myself good job good job and patting myself on the back.

worst thing is when im with friends and they are speaking croatian/bosnian/serbian(there is a difference, even though its the same language basically) i cant even pick up a word they are saying

Comment

In other news I see some priest wants to exorcise a church after two lads went riding in it dressed as priests and left a load of gay all over the place.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-36872132.html
                                                                                                                    Tonight on Crime Line.

Look closely at this image, do you recognise anyone in the picture? Where you married, or attended a mass of any kind no matter how trivial with anyone in this picture? Is that Fr Hennessy ? Is it him isn’t it?

Fecking cheating bastard said he loved me. Ring 0145543222 with any info…Sob sob.

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                                                                      jesus, i thought croatian was hard, when basically č,ć,đ,je all sound the same but are apparently different, ive been trying to learn, but manage to pronounce words wrong all the time so i stick with the normal, hello, thank you, good day,good night(greetings change depending on time of day) then there is bok for hello bok for goodbye and jenja for goodbye also. do be walking around saying random shit at times thinking to myself good job good job and patting myself on the back.

worst thing is when im with friends and they are speaking croatian/bosnian/serbian(there is a difference, even though its the same language basically) i cant even pick up a word they are saying
                                                                                                                      I have a Serbian friend here and see some of her posts. In 12 years she hasn't learned much Maltese but the basic greetings, her son knows it pretty well. He is 9.

I had that written by my Maltese friend, and she wrote what I asked her to write. Google translate does not touch the Maltese language. It is so difficult.
                                                                                                                      My little one goes to Maltese lessons 3 times a week, purely because she will have to sit her Maltese O level and it will help.

Thankfully all the Maltese speak English here!

Comment

I have a Serbian friend here and see some of her posts. In 12 years she hasn't learned much Maltese but the basic greetings, her son knows it pretty well. He is 9.

I had that written by my Maltese friend, and she wrote what I asked her to write. Google translate does not touch the Maltese language. It is so difficult.
                                                                                                                        My little one goes to Maltese lessons 3 times a week, purely because she will have to sit her Maltese O level and it will help.

Thankfully all the Maltese speak English here!
                                                                                                                        yeah basically everyone(sometimes have probs) speak english, only problem im having really is my spoken english has gotten awful as a result of speaking basically slow broken english, for example find myself saying she instead of he and vice versa thats the most common one, but there is others, also find some dickheads who speak english but refuse to speak english to me mainly just taking the piss but sometimes seriously.

*inb4 someone points out some grammar error and says your written english is broken also

Comment

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-36872132.html
                                                                                                                          Consensual sex in churches has always been a no-no.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X