Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Comment

LOL the excuse for Giuliani admitting the stormy daniels payments were brilliant

effectively...
          Homer Simpsons emerges from the water to find himself surrounded by other naval captains.
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Don't like the idea of colouring a data point of your choosing. Let people interpret it in their own way without red-topping the data.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              Once you're in the territory of 'he may be a racist, but I support him for his other policies' you've crossed way to many of what should be normally accepted societal red lines imo.
              I know I for one, treat denny's tacit support for trump as an elaborate troll at this stage.
              There is a roguish glint of mischief in his posting style that I cannot get annoyed at
              I just want to do the internet equivalent of tousling his hair before sending him on his way each time.
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                    Interesting enough AMA from an ex heroin addict on boards

Originally posted by Johnnygreen
                    I've taken a few beatings for various reasons, I once used a few counterfeit notes to buy some weight and I was kicked into oblivion! Probably nearly died from that one.
                    Our very first encounter with Bubbles and Johnny. D'Angelo explains the color of money to Wallace.Follow us on Twitter @WireFans or visit www,wirefans.comAtt...

Comment

I immediately thought of the same!
                      airport, lol

Comment

A simply wonderful headline
                        Irish tighthead Tadhg Furlong is said to be battling a potato addiction - according to his team's nutritionist at least.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                          There is surely more to this preference for Asian or south american barbers than you are volunteering.
                          Have you particularly straight hair or something?
                          5 reasons in no order 1.) they do a better job, 2.)they are cheaper, 3.) you dont have to talk, in fact its almost mandatory you dont talk but you and they are comfortable in the silence unlike an Irish barbers. Its a pleasure to just be able to sit there in silence and not have to pretend you are as interested in football as tatooed Jonner is 4.) they are open Sunday unlike most barbers and Sunday morning is the most frequent day id go. 5.) They take a pride in their job and never emit that feeling of being stuck in work.

Comment

I like my barbers and my taxi drivers non Irish, they'll only chat when you want. I mean when you pick someone up from a party midday Sunday looking like death you don't want to chat about how tough it is to be a taxi driver, read the situation
                            airport, lol

Comment

I like my barbers and my taxi drivers non Irish, they'll only chat when you want. I mean when you pick someone up from a party midday Sunday looking like death you don't want to chat about how tough it is to be a taxi driver, read the situation
                              Back seat =leave me alone
                              Front seat= up for the chats

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                Back seat =leave me alone
                                Front seat= up for the chats
                                You think your typical Dublin taxi driver plays by that rule.
                                airport, lol

Comment

Foreign barbers are good mostly. Opposite for taxi drivers

Comment

Stopped going to my foreign barber at home cos he started preaching to me about some religion. Lithuanian dude. Use an Irish barber now and if I don't wanna talk i just say I'm not in the mood and it's never a problem.

All taxi drivers are cunts no matter where they're from.

Comment

So dignified supporting of a racist is the way to go.
                                      Thanks for helping to prove my point... [emoji16]

Comment

Zod telling Gimmeabreak to Fuck Off and people thanking it is everything wrong with the extreme supporters of the yes side. Who the fuck do you think you are? Would you tell people who disagree with you to Fuck Off in person? I know Zod is a keyboard warrior but others?

I will vote because I believe that abortion should be freely available for all. Not because some cunt tells me I have to think the same way as him.

In Orlando at the moment and was on that pirate ride yesterday. It was grand. Universal shits all over Disney though. Disney is 80% shops and PACKED all day.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                          Zod telling Gimmeabreak to Fuck Off and people thanking it is everything wrong with the extreme supporters of the yes side. Who the fuck do you think you are? Would you tell people who disagree with you to Fuck Off in person? I know Zod is a keyboard warrior but others?

I will vote because I believe that abortion should be freely available for all. Not because some cunt tells me I have to think the same way as him.

In Orlando at the moment and was on that pirate ride yesterday. It was grand. Universal shits all over Disney though. Disney is 80% shops and PACKED all day.
                                          The way I read it was that the fuck off was for "it's OK not to vote if you don't want to". Which for one of the biggest referendums this country has ever seen, is fair enough. Everyone should vote.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                            The way I read it was that the fuck off was for "it's OK not to vote if you don't want to". Which for one of the biggest referendums this country has ever seen, is fair enough. Everyone should vote.
                                            People should do whatever they want when it comes to the referendum.

Comment

People should do whatever they want when it comes to the referendum.
                                              If you tell an activist that it's OK not to vote, then good luck to you. You deserve what's coming imo

Comment

I think it's pretty OK to opt out of any action where expected utility is as close to zero as makes no difference.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Have put up with this craziness for 8 years now, but is there any chance a kindly mod would think it a good idea to remove 'http:/' being pre-populated in the add-image button on here?

Everyone is copying a full link to paste anyway, so has to always delete that before pasting in their link.
                                                        I find if you right click into the box, the http:/ disappears when you then paste.
                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Flying to Newmarket in the morning for Guineas weekend, excitement is an understatement.

Comment

Your entire family's expected utility is close to zero? I don't think so.
                                                            From my vote it is.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                Its OK to not have a child when there's one in you but it's not okay to not vote?

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                  Its OK to not have a child when there's one in you but it's not okay to not vote?

Comment

My gf is Brazilian and made the trip up to the embassy today to register for Brazilian presidential elections. Each citizen is required by law to vote even if you live abroad unless you can justify your absence (illness etc). Otherwise you are fined. The fine is only the equivalent of €3, so I guess it equates to a tenner for us. Apparently it can impact on getting your passport renewed, blacklist you from applying for public jobs and some other knock-ons. Average turnout in Brazil is approximately 80% and I believe Ireland is 55%-60%. Thought it was interesting relative to recent discussions here.

Comment

The way it should be. I think Australia or New Zealand is similar
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

In other news I see some priest wants to exorcise a church after two lads went riding in it dressed as priests and left a load of gay all over the place.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-36872132.html
                                                                        Haha brilliant. High 5 to those heroes.
                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                          Sacrilege, satanic. What backward words to still be in use.

Comment

If someone did a similar thing gay or straight in a mosque or synagogue would you say the same?

Comment

If someone did a similar thing gay or straight in a mosque or synagogue would you say the same?
                                                                              As was mentioned before neither of those religions set our society back by xx years and tortured women and children here so the more humiliation and suffering they endure the better.
                                                                              But yea all religion is laughable and I'm happy for it to be shown up by anyone anywhere.

Comment

Was working down in Mayo and Roscommon today, plenty of yes and no posters all over the place. One NO poster had a female GP on it with some quote that I couldn't read as I passed.

My question is though, if a GP is voting no and disagrees with abortion, can they refuse to help the woman looking for it?

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                  Was working down in Mayo and Roscommon today, plenty of yes and no posters all over the place. One NO poster had a female GP on it with some quote that I couldn't read as I passed.

My question is though, if a GP is voting no and disagrees with abortion, can they refuse to help the woman looking for it?
                                                                                  I believe the legislation will have contentious objection but who knows because no one knows how far the legislation will eventually go in all areas. It has a court case written all over it anyway.

Comment

Yes. It's funny
                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

I think anyone who thinks religion is all a load of shite (such as Lazare) would be equally indifferent.

If it happened in a mosque or synagogue though I don't think it would have the same level of indignant reporting around it.

Comment

Probably not.

I don't detest Islam and Judaism with every fibre of my being though.

Comment

Yes. It's funny
                                                                                          Disagree.

Comment

Probably not.

If someone left bacon on the handles of a mosque or synagogue door what would you think?

Comment

If someone left bacon on the handles of a mosque or synagogue door what would you think?
                                                                                              In Ireland I assume you mean.

I'd not like the thought of a minority that do no harm to anyone being targeted and made feel unwelcome.

Comment

Probably not.

Conor I probably detest the church as much or more than you but I don't think that's funny. Why not leave them be? Live and let live. Anything else is lowering yourself to their level.

Comment

In Ireland I assume you mean.

I'd not like the thought of a minority that do no harm to anyone being targeted and made feel unwelcome.
                                                                                                  Not specifically Ireland but I don't understand your hate for one religion but don't want others targeted when they have many similar if not more extreme views in certain areas.

Comment

Yes. It's funny
                                                                                                    It's not funny. It's deeply offensive.

People seem to confuse the right to free speech with the social and cultural obligation not to be a prick.Respecting other beliefs, even if you don't agree with them, is part of not being a prick.
                                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Conor I probably detest the church as much or more than you but I don't think that's funny. Why not leave them be? Live and let live. Anything else is lowering yourself to their level.
                                                                                                      Well I want to see it burn. Turn all those gothic buildings into restaurants and gay bars.

Comment

That would be a waste of good bacon
                                                                                                        Jack if someone told you it will rain and it doesn’t will u be offended

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

People seem to confuse the right to free speech with the social and cultural obligation not to be a prick.Respecting other beliefs, even if you don't agree with them, is part of not being a prick.
                                                                                                          Well said.

Comment

Tuam is deeply offensive.
                                                                                                            Magdalene slavery is deeply offensive.
                                                                                                            Having me and you pay their redress after giving shelter to child rapists is deeply offensive.
                                                                                                            Demonising gay people, and single mothers is deeply offensive.

Two people fucking on a fucking altar is more offensive to people than any one of the above?

Fuck. Them.

Comment

Well I want to see it burn. Turn all those gothic buildings into restaurants and gay bars.
                                                                                                              OK. You seem to have very conflicting views on things but you're good people so good for you.

Comment

Would actually be a good idea to update the Ten Commandments to 'Don't be a prick'.

Although that's pretty much what they say anyway.

Comment

Dressing up as the priest was probably a bit far to be fair but no harm done really. It's catholics fault them boys were breaking the law not so long ago, I wouldnt hold it against them doing that for a laugh
                                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Tuam is deeply offensive.
                                                                                                                    Magdalene slavery is deeply offensive.
                                                                                                                    Having me and you pay their redress after giving shelter to child rapists is deeply offensive.
                                                                                                                    Demonising gay people, and single mothers is deeply offensive.

Two people fucking on a fucking altar is more offensive to people than any one of the above?

Fuck. Them.
                                                                                                                    Would you go to a funeral and piss on the grave because it had a cross on it?

Of course you wouldn't.

Comment

Of course you wouldn't.
                                                                                                                      That's Jack level of comparison
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Of course you wouldn't.
                                                                                                                        You're right. Of course I wouldn't. I would never disrespect a person in such a disgusting way.

These two men disrespected an organisation fully deserving of disrespect.

Imo.

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X