Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
    Stayed on a family dairy farm for the weekend. Just about stopped myself from riding on the kitchen table and pissing in the parlour even though their kind are responsible for mass graves in the trillions.

#prayforlazare
    Let's not forget the sexual abuse of poor innocent sheep.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      Religion is still the main subject taught in primary school and you have to be baptised to go to school. It's far from in the background.
      I take it you just mean the schools in Ireland?

Malta is a very religious country and poor Laz wouldn't know where to walk without bumping into a church. But the kids do their religion lessons at a church class ran by teachers once a week for 45 minutes. They do have a book in school, but it is not a core subject.

They have ethics classes as well for those who don't want their kids to do Catholicism. There are other religions in the Catholic school and no one cares or bats an eyelid.

@Laz It is the IRISH Catholic church you hate, not every place has the same history as they have in Ireland.
      But you really let it get to you. You are worse than a No supporter sometime with your personal hate vendetta

It is no one else business what your beliefs are, and others should not ridicule you for not agreeing with them. I agree it has caused many wars/fights. But I wont berate someone for believing in something.

Comment

Our kid starts in Sept. St Killians. Not baptized. Won't be unless he wants it himself. We've been over this . Times they are a changing

Comment

I don't berate or belittle people of faith MrsF. I have no issues with anyone believing whatever they want or living their life whatever way they want.

I am anti catholicism not anti catholic.
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
            It is no one else business what your beliefs are, and others should not ridicule you for not agreeing with them. I agree it has caused many wars/fights. But I wont berate someone for believing in something.
            Catholicism, like any religion, is an idea. Ideas must be challenged, tested and, when shown to falter or fail in the face of scrutiny, discarded.

Catholicism, like any religion, is a stupid idea. It has no basis in fact or logic. It is internally and externally flawed. This is just the idea of the religion as apart from adherents to it. I’m saying the idea is dumb, not the people. However, Sam Harris has a good point in this regard. When we express a belief in the divine resurrection of Christ - in spite of all lack of evidence - we pay no social price for that. None. When we express a belief that Elvis is still alive and happily living his life somewhere - on the basis of just as much evidence - we pay an immediate social price. We would mock that person for what they believe or we would think less of them for it.

If someone expressed a belief that Zeus, Athena and Poseidon were real and sat on high in Olympus meddling in our lives - they would pay an immediate social price. Despite the same evidence existing for this, we would think less of them or scorn their beliefs.

So it’s not true to say we shouldn’t or wouldn’t think less of someone or berate them for their beliefs. Of course we would. And should. Modern religions are just the thing we will look back on in future and wonder how we were ever so stupid.
            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
              Catholicism, like any religion, is an idea. Ideas must be challenged, tested and, when shown to falter or fail in the face of scrutiny, discarded.

Catholicism, like any religion, is a stupid idea. It has no basis in fact or logic. It is internally and externally flawed. This is just the idea of the religion as apart from adherents to it. I’m saying the idea is dumb, not the people. However, Sam Harris has a good point in this regard. When we express a belief in the divine resurrection of Christ - in spite of all lack of evidence - we pay no social price for that. None. When we express a belief that Elvis is still alive and happily living his life somewhere - on the basis of just as much evidence - we pay an immediate social price. We would mock that person for what they believe or we would think less of them for it.

If someone expressed a belief that Zeus, Athena and Poseidon were real and sat on high in Olympus meddling in our lives - they would pay an immediate social price. Despite the same evidence existing for this, we would think less of them or scorn their beliefs.

So it’s not true to say we shouldn’t or wouldn’t think less of someone or berate them for their beliefs. Of course we would. And should. Modern religions are just the thing we will look back on in future and wonder how we were ever so stupid.
              I just don't like being a dick to people because of what they believe.

I would much prefer Zeus and Co though, loved Greek and Roman pantheons. Way more interesting.

Comment

I just don't like being a dick to people because of what they believe.

I would much prefer Zeus and Co though, loved Greek and Roman pantheons. Way more interesting.
                Would you think less of someone if they told you they thought the earth was flat?

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                  Only about 7 m8. The several day sessions are a rarity these dayys.
                  I found I went straight off a cliff once I hit 30

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                    Would you think less of someone if they told you they thought the earth was flat?
                    Thinking is one thing, but telling them in another. That is the difference. I was good friends with a girl who is into all the conspiracy stuff and anti Vax etc. I may think she is as mad as a brush, but I have never ever said a word about it. I let her get on with her life as her belief system does not affect me in any way,
                    Last edited by MrsFlushdraw; 07-05-18, 12:10.

Comment

Saw a thing on Facebook a while ago which gave me a lol. The flat earth society.

Under the heading on their page they had this beautiful line..

'Members all around the globe"

Comment

Thinking is one thing, but telling them in another. That is the difference. I was good friends with a girl who is into all the conspiracy stuff and anti Vax etc. I may think she is as mad as a brush, but I have never ever said a word about it. I let her get on with her life as her belief system does not affect me in any way,
                        Anti vax idiots do affect you, their idiocy affects all of us.

Comment

It actively, harmfully and significantly affects you and your children.

Any time these bullshit ideas go unchallenged hurts us but of them all Anti-Vax might be the single most dangerous and hurtful of the lot

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                            Anti vax idiots do affect you, their idiocy affects all of us.
                            My point is I am not going to be a dick to someone.

It actively, harmfully and significantly affects you and your children.

Any time these bullshit ideas go unchallenged hurts us but of them all Anti-Vax might be the single most dangerous and hurtful of the lot
                            It won't affect my kids as they are all vaccinated up to date. I agree it is very dangerous, but there is no arguing with an anti-vaxxer. They are rabid on the subject. They think we are all clueless. I don't get drawn into disputes. BUT if I had a sick kid with no immune system, I would not visit any of these crazy folks.

Comment

My point is I am not going to be a dick to someone.

It won't affect my kids as they are all vaccinated up to date. I agree it is very dangerous, but there is no arguing with an anti-vaxxer. They are rabid on the subject. They think we are all clueless. I don't get drawn into disputes. BUT if I had a sick kid with no immune system, I would not visit any of these crazy folks.
                              Gil, anti vax people affect you and your kids regardless of whether yours are vaccinated or not.

Vaccination success depends on herd immunity, your friend persuading people not to vaccinate renders your daughters vaccination useless.

Comment

Gil, anti vax people affect you and your kids regardless of whether yours are vaccinated or not.

Vaccination success depends on herd immunity, your friend persuading people not to vaccinate renders your daughters vaccination useless.
                                It was a bad example, I dont talk to the person as we fell out 18 months ago. I was just describing someone with different views. It was religion we had been talking about. You and Kayroo just jumped on my bad example. I am not getting into a fight about it. We dont even live in the same Country! (My friend and I)

/out
                                Last edited by MrsFlushdraw; 07-05-18, 13:50.

Comment

We dont even live in the same Country! (My friend and I)
                                  Not really relevant. Whether they live 10 minutes or 10 hours away. Their pontential contribution to evolving a virus is the same. If a strain emerges that you or you kids arent protected against, it travels very easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                    Not really relevant. Whether they live 10 minutes or 10 hours away. Their pontential contribution to evolving a virus is the same. If a strain emerges that you or you kids arent protected against, it travels very easily.
                                    Jesus, do I have to break everything down. I mean I wont argue about it with her as

A) I dont talk to her anymore
                                    B) Not in the same Country.

Now would you all please back the fuck off. I explained I used a bad example and you are just peeing me off at this stage

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Decent weekend for our first foray into camping. Don't think I'd want to do it for more than a long weekend though.

Kids utterly fucked tired.
                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Adopting a policy of 'why can't we just let idiots be idiots' is a dangerous one. UK and US are at endgame of this nicey-nicey policy of live and let live and it's ruining them. If a view is against the broader interest of society (racism, non-scientific healthcare, religion-where-it-interferes-with-others) it should be actively fought against. None of this 'I respect your right to have a different opinion'. Some things are just wrong and need to be stopped before they infect the herd.

As an Irish example - I'd say there's a nearly 100% correlation between anti-pylon idiots and anti-vac idiots. But we let the anti-pylon idiots cement their views by not pointing out how stupid it is and then those people mutated into something much more dangerous with the anti-vac.

Same way as the useful union-jack-underpants-wearing-canon-fodder idiot mutated into pure racism and economic destruction for UK.
                                          Adopting a slightly more advanced position: we teach people through cautionary tales.

The UK is in the process of turning itself into a giant cautionary tale. "This is what happens when you allow the national discourse to be dominated by xenophobia, lies and buffoons like Farage".

Comment

Jesus, do I have to break everything down. I mean I wont argue about it with her as

A) I dont talk to her anymore
                                            B) Not in the same Country.

Now would you all please back the fuck off. I explained I used a bad example and you are just peeing me off at this stage
                                            Don't worry these boys will be dead and into oblivion in a decade or three, whereas you and I will have our angel wings forever. . Remember they are not arguing with you , it's just an intellectual pissing competition. .

Great bit o weather this weekend.

Comment

Comment

Just to be clear - I have no gripe with you at all MrsFD. I'm just talking about the broader point.

Comment

Comment

A somewhat negative encounter with geese on the post-dinner amble. Those little guys can look really quite intimidating when they choose to be. Running at you with their necks full flush forward and screaming.
                                                    Similar experience with a gaggle of vote No merchants Zero sense of humour.

Comment

Is there somewhere good to go? (with maybe a chalet option). Brother was saying about somewhere maybe in Monaghan.

These Western Brittany camps are class. Seem to be full of pasty Irish people presumably attracted by idea of having a bit of sun but not too much sun.

Food of this part of Brittany is ridic good.
                                                      This place in Kilkenny. Would be ideal for your age cohort.

Lots of animal-related activity. Wouldn't be good for teenagers but u-10s all loved it and the sun obviously sealed the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                        Our kid starts in Sept. St Killians. Not baptized. Won't be unless he wants it himself. We've been over this . Times they are a changing
                                                        wtf? kids needs a soul you know.

Comment

Getting sent out of the country for referendum day (only found out now checking work emails). Assume far too late to do a postal ballot?

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                            Those lads cutting your hair on the Sabbath are soulless.

Comment

Adopting a policy of 'why can't we just let idiots be idiots' is a dangerous one. UK and US are at endgame of this nicey-nicey policy of live and let live and it's ruining them. If a view is against the broader interest of society (racism, non-scientific healthcare, religion-where-it-interferes-with-others) it should be actively fought against. None of this 'I respect your right to have a different opinion'. Some things are just wrong and need to be stopped before they infect the herd.

As an Irish example - I'd say there's a nearly 100% correlation between anti-pylon idiots and anti-vac idiots. But we let the anti-pylon idiots cement their views by not pointing out how stupid it is and then those people mutated into something much more dangerous with the anti-vac.

Same way as the useful union-jack-underpants-wearing-canon-fodder idiot mutated into pure racism and economic destruction for UK.
                                                              I'd say there is a 95% correlation between anti-pylon people and 'they want to put a pylon on my land or near my house' people. I don't believe any negative things about illness causing or whatever, but I'd much prefer not to see one from my house. I'm definitely a NIMBY.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                Getting sent out of the country for referendum day (only found out now checking work emails). Assume far too late to do a postal ballot?
                                                                Far too late, plus I think someone else on here said recently that it is difficult enough to get a postal ballot anyhow.

Comment

Just to be clear - I have no gripe with you at all MrsFD. I'm just talking about the broader point.
                                                                  I just wish I had said chemtrails! I hate all the crap about vaccinations, I have argued with folks till I am blue in the face. With some, you just give up. The world is fucked!

Comment

Just back from Infinity War

OMG!

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                      Far too late, plus I think someone else on here said recently that it is difficult enough to get a postal ballot anyhow.
                                                                      Bollix. I'm sure jack will do the decent thing and sit this one out as part of our pairing arrangement.

I'll be in Brooklyn. Full of hipsters I believe so I should fit in nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                        Check out this link . They got no soul.

Fecked up the link. Checkout #gottoddlered on twitter
                                                                        Last edited by Solksjaer!; 07-05-18, 19:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                          Pair your vote with Jack

Comment

Comment

Fair play to Higgins, that is some comeback, well set up for a grandstand finish
                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

...This final is shaping up to be a nail biter... From 14-7 Williams to 15-15...

Comment

Easy enough to get postal vote if it's work-related. But you'd need a letter from your boss. No idea of deadlines though. They do their absolute best to deprive modern working folk of their right to vote.
                                                                                  27th of April was deadline
                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Easy enough to get postal vote if it's work-related. But you'd need a letter from your boss. No idea of deadlines though. They do their absolute best to deprive modern working folk of their right to vote.
                                                                                    Lol. Yeah cos having polling stations open from 7am to 10pm is very depriving.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                      Lol. Yeah cos having polling stations open from 7am to 10pm is very depriving.
                                                                                      He's on about the registering system.
                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

He's on about the registering system.
                                                                                        That's not exactly depriving either. People had plenty of notice. It's fill out a form, send it back. Rd3 company should have known he was gonna be out of the country and advised him to sort a postal registration.

Comment

That's not exactly depriving either. People had plenty of notice. It's fill out a form, send it back. Rd3 company should have known he was gonna be out of the country and advised him to sort a postal registration.
                                                                                          Lol. Do you think he works for the civil service? A trip to Brooklyn with a fortnights notice is doing well!
                                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Jaysus I didn't realise it was that close to your heart. Printing and filling out a form to then to be brought to a Garda station then get a stamp and post seems like a lot of effort for these times. A change of address should he handier
                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                              Lol. Do you think he works for the civil service? A trip to Brooklyn with a fortnights notice is doing well!
                                                                                              Nice life. It's still not the gubberment doing their level best to deprive people voting, which was the original point.

Comment

In other news, scenes in the snooker. Williams on for a nice clearance for the championship and misses one he's been.potting all match. Higgins should get back to within one for anyone not watching. Should go 16-17 and first to 18

Comment

Jaysus I didn't realise it was that close to your heart. Printing and filling out a form to then to be brought to a Garda station then get a stamp and post seems like a lot of effort for these times. A change of address should he handier
                                                                                                  I take everything to heart m8. I'm an emotional guy.

Comment

What a clearance by Higgins, ok they were laid out well for him but that took balls of steel

Comment

That was fucking class. Really happy i sat down to.to watch the evening session now.

Comment

Not sure how to fix
                                                                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                          OMG thats fking hilarious .

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

Comment

To think how good Tony Drago could have been at snooker if he didn't have to put as much time into learning Maltese.

Comment

...

Comment

Read a ton of comments on that tweet and seeing your reaction here I've discovered that I'm the only one that thinks that guy is a cretinous cunt.

Football is ugly shit.

Comment

Read a ton of comments on that tweet and seeing your reaction here I've discovered that I'm the only one that thinks that guy is a cretinous cunt.

Football is ugly shit.
                                                                                                                    You're not the only one, he is a tosser. Football is beautiful. I love it. Some fans are morons, not the sport. Typical paddy power "lad banter"

Comment

Desecration of a church is funny but mocking soccer fans isn't

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                        Desecration of a church is funny but mocking soccer fans isn't
                                                                                                                        World of difference.

One is a case of a man taking advantage of a kind hearted soul's goodwill, depriving a young girl in the process and then being a nasty vindictive cunt afterwards.

The other is two people engaging in a natural act causing annoyance to child rapist apologists.

Comment

Looked up the hashtag, scrool down to videos and lose an hour

Full of shit like this

Last edited by Guest; 07-05-18, 22:57.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X