Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zod View Post
    ... you are aware of how FF came to power before the 83 referendum?
    1983 =/ 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
      I haven't heard stats on how many women are losing their life due to our current abortion laws each year but since 2013 Act in particular it is likely tiny maybe 1 or less a year (because I am sure we would hear all about it) which is clearly wrong as we have said and I still believe there is possibility to fix that. But as we have seen in other countries hundreds thousands of babies over the years will die if its repealed and certain types of babies will be bred out society.
      that isn't happening currently abroad and isn't happening in Ireland where women who can afford an abortion go abroad to access one.

Seriously, how many women killed by the 8th is acceptable?
      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

I haven't heard stats on how many women are losing their life due to our current abortion laws each year but since 2013 Act in particular it is likely tiny maybe 1 or less a year (because I am sure we would hear all about it) which is clearly wrong as we have said and I still believe there is possibility to fix that. But as we have seen in other countries hundreds thousands of babies over the years will die if its repealed and certain types of babies will be bred out society.
        I'll assume you mean by legislating to broaden the scope of the abortion laws a little? There might be some wiggle room on how we allow women to access it, but absolutely none on the reasons they can obtain an abortion. If a woman's life is not at serious risk then no abortion can take place. The Constitution gives no scope to go beyond that.

There is a way to fix it though, you're right. You put a tick next to the YES box on May 25th.
        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
          If a woman's life is not at serious risk then there no abortion can take place.
          Well then I am fine with the law as it is already. I think the doctors are managing it fine since we have no repeat of Savita since the 2013 Act. So it would appear really the only issue is FFA which could be added to the 8th.

Comment

We are exporting the issue so none of those stats are accurate. Not every conception will lead to a baby nor will every woman with a health problem be forced to die in Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
              Nah I thought you were right but the whole top 5 bar is gone. Can only show or hide the poker bar.
              Weird. I just clicked the button and it got rid of the top 5 posts thing. Clicked it again and it showed it. Always works for me so I dunno what you've done.

Comment

Can anyone link me to the Vegas tips thread. Can't seem to find it.

Comment

IT basically verifying the 1/5 stat is correct https://www.irishtimes.com/news/poli...tion-1.3480584

Comment

I will vote to repeal the 8th

In many respects it doesn't sit well with me. In a vacuum, if my son came to me at 16 and said that he was after getting a girl pregnant and (in same vacuum) it was my call I would tell him to fucking drop everything and get on with it. Welcome to his new life etc. Abortion would never enter the narrative.

Thats not relevant though and I recognise that and I am voting repeal without too much reservation. A smidge. But clearly repeal nonetheless.

Jack, a lot of the time I think you have been vilified. I really do. You have faced personal attacks and I don't think that is on. However, you clearly bring this on yourself with your relentlessness. I don't think the results of the Hungarian elections are noteworthy nor do I think that we need to be presented with unverified and cleatly loaded figures re UK abortion.

Have a couple of questions for you.

What are you passionate about? No vauge shit. What do you care about?What is your vision for Ireland? How do you see Ireland in 20 years?

If you ruled the country what is the first thing you would change? Why?
                    Last edited by shano1888; 02-05-18, 09:56.

Comment

Well then I am fine with the law as it is already. I think the doctors are managing it fine since we have no repeat of Savita since the 2013 Act. So it would appear really the only issue is FFA which could be added to the 8th.
                      OK, so you don't want to allow for where the health of the mother is at risk, as you'd previously agreed with MrsFlushdraw.

Let's move on. According to a number of Pro-Life websites certain fatal foetal abnormalities result in live births. For example, again according to Pro-Life websites not Pro-Choice, 70% of anencephaly diagnoses result in a live birth. The child may only survive a short time thereafter, but nevertheless if not all fatal foetal abnormalities result in a death in utero then would you be in favour of abortion in cases where the baby is actually born alive notwithstanding that it will certainly die soon thereafter?

Even if we ignore that question, it poses the same problem as our previous issue, it doesn't lend itself to being simply inserted into the Constitution because what constitutes a fatal foetal abnormality is not immediately clear, nor would the conditions under which an abortion for such a condition could take place. That's a matter for legislation.

So, if you believe in allowing abortion in the case of fatal foetal abnormality then the logical conclusion is to tick YES on May 25th.
                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                        OK, so you don't want to allow for where the health of the mother is at risk, as you'd previously agreed with MrsFlushdraw.

Let's move on. According to a number of Pro-Life websites certain fatal foetal abnormalities result in live births. For example, again according to Pro-Life websites not Pro-Choice, 70% of anencephaly diagnoses result in a live birth. The child may only survive a short time thereafter, but nevertheless if not all fatal foetal abnormalities result in a death in utero then would you be in favour of abortion in cases where the baby is actually born alive notwithstanding that it will certainly die soon thereafter?

Even if we ignore that question, it poses the same problem as our previous issue, it doesn't lend itself to being simply inserted into the Constitution because what constitutes a fatal foetal abnormality is not immediately clear, nor would the conditions under which an abortion for such a condition could take place. That's a matter for legislation.

So, if you believe in allowing abortion in the case of fatal foetal abnormality then the logical conclusion is to tick YES on May 25th.
                        Only were the baby passes away inside the womb. All our lives our limited, unfortunately some more than others but everyone deserves a chance.

Done for tonight/

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                            I can't see the latest posts part on top of homepage, assume I hit something by mistake, anyone care to point me on how to get it back?
                            Quick links > enable top stats

Comment

Stephen Rea in Cypress Avenue at the Peacock well worth a gander for the thespians.

SPOILER
                              Plot: demented East Belfast loyalist imagines his five week old grandchild is....Gerry Adams.

The kind of fun evening that makes me think I may be getting the hang of life. Korean food, theatre, whiskey and homeward bound at a respectable hour.
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                ... you are aware of how FF came to power before the 83 referendum?
                                The FF position of being both in favour of, and simultaneously against, progressive change, will come back to bite them.

Ha!

Comment

Try being pregnant 1997 full time job one child already aged 2, contrary mother. Me living at home while she minds my child. Trying to raise 500 sterling approx to head to the UK. Never on a plane let alone travel alone. I couldn't tell a soul only one friend I could trust that loaned me 100 pounds and dropped me to the airport.

Airport, tube, Taxi
                                  Whole thing horrific. Hadnt a fucking clue. Was even worse coming back especially when a row broke out on tube. Cried whole way home not over what I had done but the traumatic experience of planning and doing. I was relieved I did what I did. If I didn't I was put on the street 100%, my mother wouldn't have put up with that

I have zero regrets... I have horrific memories of the journey and the Shame and loneliness.

Judge me all you want. I was on the pill got pregnant. No hope could I have another child. I'd have no home no job. Call me selfish I don't care. My decision and was the best one for me. Some might call me a murderer some may agree but each to their own.

It's about the only true story you will get here in the BBV

I would hate for my daughters to go thru that! And because i was so afraid and trying to raise funds I was fairly far along going.

If voted in. One can do at 8 weeks.

I have been dying to post this for so long. For the no vote I'll come across as a complete cunt. I'm Sorry but unless you have been there you will never in a million yrs understand this story
                                  Last edited by SatNav; 01-05-18, 22:56.
                                  Her sky-ness
                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Learnt a highly useful Basque phrase in advance of Bilbao:

Gizon honek guztia ordainduko du
                                    SPOILER
                                    This gentleman will pay for all the drinks

Comment

Michelle, absolutely nobody has the right to judge you and if anybody on here even has a hint of judgement in anything they post in response to your post, then they are a cunt of the highest order.

I think posting your story is an incredibly brave thing to do.

Comment

Fair play Michelle some balls to post that but I wouldn’t ever feel the need to justify yourself to anyone. Nobody with any ounce of cop on would judge you for that

Comment

92% was under 13 weeks not 11 weeks. Of the 190,406 abortions 38% were surgical, under 10 weeks its 28%. Not that the method involved makes any difference really.

I would urge you to take a look at scans at various ages and make a logical determination in your own head if this is viable life or not. The doctor arguing for abortion on the late late show even said life begins at conception.
                                          Life is not viable at 11 weeks, 13 weeks or anything remotely close to that.
                                          No foetus has survived a pre-term birth at 21 weeks or less.

Personally I feel that fetal viability is huge relevant in where we draw the line. There's a huge difference (for me personally) between abortion at 6 weeks and 36 weeks.
                                          Other will say it's the same regardless of number of weeks - I presume that's your stance, but I may be wrong?
                                          Last edited by Mellor; 01-05-18, 23:36.

Comment

You are some woman Michelle.

Comment

IT basically verifying the 1/5 stat is correct https://www.irishtimes.com/news/poli...tion-1.3480584
                                              Allowing McGuirk to twist statistics is not "verifying" not is comparing the number of live births to abortions a "widely used method".

Comment

The travel to the UK for treatment.

Only were the baby passes away inside the womb. All our lives our limited, unfortunately some more than others but everyone deserves a chance.

Done for tonight/
                                                Are you serious? have you ANY idea what it would be like to go through all the pain and labour KNOWING that the tiny baby inside you will die really quick after it exits the womb? Do you think this is fair to put anyone through this?

Labour is hard enough and traumatic at times without the knowledge your baby is being born just so it can die and fulfil some stupid 8th amendment where the parents could not have had an early induction/abortion to save everyone from this heartache?

I have been in hospitals when these things have happened, I have heard the screams of anguish of these mothers when the baby is born and passes. I have known people this has happened to. I would like to have saved them this terrible grief as it is absolutely horrific to have a woman go through this.

I have seen midwives cry their eyes out, the doctors as well get upset at all of this. The scars it leaves on the mothers who carried and had to push these babies into the world are something that they won't forget EVER.

Jack, you are a bloke (I assume) You have no clue what it feels like to have a baby in your stomach, I have had 9 and only 3 live births. None were aborted except by my own body due to my blood group and my body automatically aborting any time up to 19 weeks. At least when I was over 37 weeks, I came home with my baby. Many women do not get that chance and deliver a term baby either sleeping or gasping for air for a few minutes.

If the scans can pick up something early on while the foetus is still tiny, is it not better for everyone all round to be able to end the pregnancy than go through the stuff mentioned above? If so, then vote YES. Because voting no is just rinsing and repeat of the above.

Why should we have to pay a fortune to go to the UK to get this done?

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                  Youtube deffo seems to be the way forward for anyone with a hankering to make a film.

Im a big casey neistat fan, well, his origional vlog, he seems to be on this crusade since launching the new channel, but he had a great vlog a few days ago comparing buster keating at the start of the moving films to our time now as youtube gathers so much momentum, the groundbreakers now etc.
                                                  When I was on my healthbuzz back in the day I'd take a break on my cycle and fire up a few of his videos and found them thoroughly entertaining and pretty much watch him since then but this whole new direction he's going is a little off putting for me, the guy who he's vlogging with is a tad annoying.
                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

To change the subject. You'd hardly know the ol worlds snooker was on . I used to look forward to it every year.

Comment

Hey Jack I'm not sure if you've said before (I was away from the site for awhile so might've missed it) but where do you source your information from, what websites do you read? I'm interested for sure, I posted a good while back about a friends brother who totally flipped to the right Fox News/Breitbart etc and asked at the time for sources of information and AFB posted back with some people to follow Ben Shapiro/Jordan Peterson so I could see the counter-side.

Comment

Not often in this politically correct day and age a Professional Sports Club actually says what they think

Comment

Originally posted by EnzoScifo View Post
                                                          Not often in this politically correct day and age a Professional Sports Club actually says what they think

https://twitter.com/FCWimbledon/stat...21856254169088
                                                          Know a Wimbledon season ticket holder who grew up in the area and hates Milton Keynes with a passion; bet he is smiling reading that!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Too lazy to resize
                                                                Last edited by DeadParrot; 02-05-18, 10:18. Reason: I'm not :)

Comment

I've stuck a few bits up on Adverts for sale, OnePlus 3 & 5 and a pair of Bose QC 25 if anybody is interested drop me a line.
                                                                  Last edited by tylerdurden94; 02-05-18, 10:53. Reason: Thanks Keane

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                    I've stuck a few bits up on Adverts for sale, OnePlus 3 & 5 and a pair of Bose QC 25 if anybody is interested drop me a line.
                                                                    That link just brings people to their own 'My Adverts' page.

This should be your ads I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                      There's always one..... Waiting to see Shane Ross' silly face around my neck of the woods before the month is out

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                        That link just brings people to their own 'My Adverts' page.

This should be your ads I think.
                                                                        Changed now cheers.

Comment

Word to the wise - fucking Paypal scumbags are apparently resetting peoples' currency conversion settings at random without asking people or informing them, so next time you're buying something make sure your card issuer is doing the converting so you don't pay their scam rates.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                            Word to the wise - fucking Paypal scumbags are apparently resetting peoples' currency conversion settings at random without asking people or informing them, so next time you're buying something make sure your card issuer is doing the converting so you don't pay their scam rates.
                                                                            That's pretty scummy. Also a tip for people, when using a card to pay in a foreign currency the banks are generally giving crap rates and a fee on top of it, revolut or N26 is the best these days, no fees, pay in the currency you want directly.

Comment

I fail to see any distinction between them changing this setting - that I had deliberately set a certain way - without my informed consent and them literally stealing money out of my bank account.

Comment

Last and final call for votes in the last match of Round 2 of Music King:

Only 13 votes to date in what many are describing as the match of the competition so far. Please take a few minutes to listen and vote.

Comment

Last and final call for votes in the last match of Round 2 of Music King:

Only 13 votes to date in what many are describing as the match of the competition so far. Please take a few minutes to listen and vote.

Comment

Will stick them on in bed and have a listen Keane. 2 hours ok?

Comment

...
                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I see he reconfirmed his brain damage. That obnoxious prick could be the star of a show called 'Fools I don't Care About'.

Comment

Kanyes a hero. A very unstable genius
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                            No pro-Kanye posts from Denny like last week? Did something happen?
                                                                                            Apparently slavery is a choice now.
                                                                                            tell me again....does he happen to have an album coming out?
                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Big night for Roma tonight and all ye are shiting about Kayne. This could mean free chips people , Free chips.

Comment

I see that French president people cream themselves over called the Aussie PM's wife "delicious". Thanks to you and your delicious wife for your hospitality. Lol. Seems he has more in common with Trump than he usually let's on

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                  Big night for Roma tonight and all ye are shiting about Kayne. This could mean free chips people , Free chips.
                                                                                                  An early Roma goal to make a game of it would be grand. Can't see anything other than a Liverpool win though.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

That seems very much like a lost in translation comment!
                                                                                                        not even. just pure brain fart. was probably thinking delightful and it came out as delicious

Comment

That seems very much like a lost in translation comment!
                                                                                                          Of course. Delicious and delightful translate as the same from French to English. The fact he was speaking English and actually said delicious makes it funny though.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                              An early Roma goal to make a game of it would be grand. Can't see anything other than a Liverpool win though.
                                                                                                              Roma have had their chips

Comment

Ffs. Game has slowed down to friendly pace now. Result was never in doubt but expected Roma to give it a go anyway but they're playing like they're the ones up 7-3. Poor viewing for the neutrals

Comment

Not quite getting the whole widespread commenting of 'look at how women are treated in Irish healthcare' after the cervical cancer thing. There's great targeted programs at cervical and breast cancer in women and essentially no cover at all of the main cancer for men - prostate cancer.
                                                                                                                  Don't know about that, GP's screen for prostate quite effectively as a matter of course. You just get the feeling looking at this mess that if it was Mickey cancer they were screening for then we wouldn't be going for the cheap second rate screening option that the cervical check appears to have been configured as.
                                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                      Don't know about that, GP's screen for prostate quite effectively as a matter of course. You just get the feeling looking at this mess that if it was Mickey cancer they were screening for then we wouldn't be going for the cheap second rate screening option that the cervical check appears to have been configured as.
                                                                                                                      Actually we have no prostate screening program which somewhat invalidates your point. We do of course have breast and cervical screening (which we absolutely should, don't get me wrong).

Comment

It's used in loads of other countries though, so wasn't an unusual choice? The new HPV one is only reasonably recently developed from the tiny bit I read today.
                                                                                                                        Thats the thing to keep an eye on as the enquiries progress. A number of medics who resigned from the qa oversight committee of the program early on did so saying that the labs were testing at the standard of an annual test which is too low for a three year test. Thats a pure cost saving decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                          Stephen Rea in Cypress Avenue at the Peacock well worth a gander for the thespians.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                          Plot: demented East Belfast loyalist imagines his five week old grandchild is....Gerry Adams.

The kind of fun evening that makes me think I may be getting the hang of life. Korean food, theatre, whiskey and homeward bound at a respectable hour.
                                                                                                                          Looks good, sold out... unsurprisingly.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X