This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
    this is great thanks very much. I was thinking I would just head straight to a beech and chill out rather than break for a few nights in Bangkok. Is Bangkok that good that it is worth seeing and taking 2 nights out of maybe 8/9 to see the city?
    Definitely, had the same debate last year and some friends steered me right. We took 3 nights in Bangkok before hopping on a 90 flight down to Khao lak. We had a dive liveaboard for 6 nights and it was perfect proportion of activity/chilling. Street food in Bangkok is worth the trip alone, the standard of cooking and quality of ingredients everywhere was top notch.
    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

New hat for Denny.
      Tremendous, gonna be wonderful

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        whuh? new Irish law on upskirting - is that really an epidemic?
        Are there not laws already around posting an image of somebody without their consent?

Roy Keane’s legal action against bookmakers Paddy Power over the use of the footballer’s face on a mocked up image of Braveheart prior to the Ireland Scotland European Championship qualifier has been resolved on undisclosed terms.

The action related to the use by Paddy Power Plc of a billboard featuring Roy Keane as Scottish hero William Wallace — in a still from Oscar-winning film Braveheart.

The image was allegedly placed on the side of a 40ft truck and driven around Dublin ahead of Ireland’s international soccer match against Scotland last June. The Euro 2016 qualifier finished 1-1.

The billboard contained an adapted version of a line from the film: “You may take our points, but at least we have our freedom. (Ya wee Pussies).”

In his action, Mr Keane claimed damages, including aggravated damages, alleging his image had been used without his prior knowledge or consent. He also argued his constitutional rights were breached.
        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          You are in good company Denny, here is John Gray making the same astute political analyisis as you also making the same mistake of assigning some intelligence and a well thought out plan to the Trump campaign.
          You think it's just luck that Nate Silver has it as close to a flip now? Only one of us has been making money on this election SP.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                You think it's just luck that Nate Silver has it as close to a flip now? Only one of us has been making money on this election SP.
                No not luck, bullying, bluster and balls.

I thought we'd written Nate off as some sort of charlatan who is measuring the noise

Nonetheless you'd actually have to be a bit special to play in this market not make money... I'd guess that someone as terribad at business as eight time bankrupt Trump would have managed to play the swongs for no more than a small loss

Comment

At least he'd get the HHE vote

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                    At least he'd get the HHE vote

The strangest things is that with the word consider in the question only 25% said yes. I would consider quiting if they changed to only buying low fat milk but after a brief thought decide not to.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                      Agree, fly into Bangkok, stay a few nights here http://bangkok.peninsula.com/en/default
                      5 star hotel for mid range price. Concierge will be v happy to guide you with your comfortable level of looseness
                      Havent been to Koh Samui yet, we went to Khao lak in winter for scuba diving mainly. If the price to quality ratio is similar though i dont imagine there will be too many wrong choices.
                      My brother is heading to Thailand tomorrow for his Honeymoon, he is going to Khao Lak. Anything you can suggest they defo do? places to see?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                        My brother is heading to Thailand tomorrow for his Honeymoon, he is going to Khao Lak. Anything you can suggest they defo do? places to see?
                        Tell him he'd be mad to bring the wife.
                        airport, lol

Comment

Jesus Irish times completely jumping the shark this week with their how to be a man series,like anyone needs a Fintan o Toole lecture on that.
                          Then this advertorial for fkn moisturiser dressed up as an interview with some guy from Brown thomas http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-s...skin-1.2799742
                          No wonder they've anounced a drive to shave 3 mill off the wage bill this week
                          Of all the scams men have been coerced to buying into over the past few years,being conned into believing moisturiser is anything other than snake oil is the one that makes me the most sad.
                          Last edited by Guest; 27-09-16, 17:39.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                            this place was jaw dropping http://www.khaosok.com/

Its like Halong bay in vietnam, same limestone pinnacles jutting up out of water but in a huge (160 km square IIRC) man made reservoir. The guys from this place http://memoriesbar-khaolak.com/#_=_ organised it. Hmmed and hahhed about whether it was worth while doing a tour for just me and Gf. Asked how much extra he would need and it amounted to an extra £20 for a tour with just the 2 of us.
                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Allardyce expected to resign tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                this is great thanks very much. I was thinking I would just head straight to a beech and chill out rather than break for a few nights in Bangkok. Is Bangkok that good that it is worth seeing and taking 2 nights out of maybe 8/9 to see the city?
                                Personally thought Bangkok was a shit hole.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                  Ah heyor.
                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                    Ah heyor.
                                    Was there too and totally agree. Fucking horrible place. Absolutely hated it.
                                    Her sky-ness
                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Do you need a Sky dish for Sky Q?

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                        You do. Pop down to portlaoise tomorrow and I'll sign you up
                                        Her sky-ness
                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Allardyce gone!

Comment

Big Sam leaves England with a 100% win record.

Legend.

Comment

Dortmund v Madrid being played at breathtaking pace, makings of a classic so far.
                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                ....Watched the debate this morning, and was a little surprised to see everyones reaction...Trump probably lacked the spark he usually produces, and there were definitely missed opportunities by him, especially to let the email scandal disappear so quickly...But he was definitely right on trade...I think he did a good job with the black/Hispanic population, and nailed Hillary a lot about being there too long and not making a difference, so why should people expect her to make a difference now... I would probably say Hillary shaded it, but I reckon there is definitely more room for improvement with trump than Hillary, so I think she will be the more nervous for the next one...
                                                Yeah, I thought it closer too. I felt like he held back a lot on what he could have said. Especially around his releasing of taxes issue. The Clinton Foundation bribes and missing Haitian money etc. would have been a good reply to that. And when she berated him with his treatment of women it was ripe for him to hit her with Bill's cheating, lying and rape allegations. Maybe when Wikilks releases the rest of the emails that Hillary tried to delete then all the pay to play stuff will hit the headlines and destroy any shred of credibility she might have left.
                                                I think he is keeping his zingers for the next or last debate.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                  Big Sam leaves England with a 100% win record.

Legend.
                                                  It's going to be a pub quiz question for years to come.
                                                  AJ, jot this one down

apparently another 7 managers implicated....
                                                  Last edited by DeadParrot; 27-09-16, 19:12.
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                    Was there too and totally agree. Fucking horrible place. Absolutely hated it.
                                                    Not hooked on the mysteries of the Orient then SatNav?

You should try going at Thai New Year. Some craic.

Comment

Some ball from Albrighton to Mahrez for the goal.

Comment

Ranieri should put himself forward for the England job, best time to get out of Leicester now, into a job with a great salary and minimal work.
                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Hard to think of a funnier outcome than the Allardyce one.

Football is really up its own ass. Need to take a zero off everyone's contract to bring them back to somewhere approaching reality.

Comment

Koh Tao was best spot I was in in Thailand. Once you get over the smell in Bangkok some good places to see. Wasn't too impressed with samui, hookers to regular people ratio was bout 10 to 1 but you'll be staying in much better BCB be staying I'm much better surroundings than I did I reckon

Comment

Here's a taste of Songkran (new year), mental stuff and great fun:

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                Shared dish in an apartment works too.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                  Here's a taste of Songkran (new year), mental stuff and great fun:

Songkran is awesome! How anyone can not like Bangkok is beyond me. Such a great city.

Comment

Bangkok is defo not a shit hole but 3 nights would be max you would need there. After 3 mad nights in Bangkok, I'd prefer to go to the complete opposite end of the spectrum and would head to the Koh Jum Beach Villas.

There won't be a huge amount of nightlife, far from it but will defo meet the standards of BCB

If you are going with female company, it will go down a treat, if going alone, I'd give it a miss as it'll probably be too quiet

Comment

The first baby has been born from a new technique that combines DNA from three people.
                                                                      The goal is to prevent the child from inheriting a serous genetic disease from the mother.

Stuff of Sci-Fi.
                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Rte one, housing planning talk

Comment

I just got a TV licence letter address to "the Occupier". Im 9 months into a year long lease, and I actually dont even have a TV, so Im not liable for it. The letter says to call them to notify if you dont have a TV. I assume thats a trap though into giving them your details and so on and the best thing is to say/do nothing?

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
                                                                            I just got a TV licence letter address to "the Occupier". Im 9 months into a year long lease, and I actually dont even have a TV, so Im not liable for it. The letter says to call them to notify if you dont have a TV. I assume thats a trap though into giving them your details and so on and the best thing is to say/do nothing?
                                                                            If you do nothing inspectors will start to call to the house. If they arrive you can show them in to demonstrate there is no TV. They usually will try and look in the window and issue a 'we verified a TV was visible' notice if they see one. That's not going to happen here and, as you say, it maintains your lack of details on the system. So yeah, long winded way of saying 'do nothing'.
                                                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

HYPE HYPE HYPE

Watch the UFC 205 press conference from Madison Square Garden in New York City on Tuesday, Sept. 27 featuring Conor McGregor, Eddie Alvarez, Tyron Woodley, a...

Comment

found the last few mcgregor press conferences boring. he needs up his game. same shit is getting old. probably be midnight before this thing starts...........

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                  If you do nothing inspectors will start to call to the house. If they arrive you can show them in to demonstrate there is no TV. They usually will try and look in the window and issue a 'we verified a TV was visible' notice if they see one. That's not going to happen here and, as you say, it maintains your lack of details on the system. So yeah, long winded way of saying 'do nothing'.
                                                                                  OK cheers. I guess I would let them see to save hassle if they did call, but it would irritate me alot having to show some stranger into my house for that reason

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
                                                                                    found the last few mcgregor press conferences boring. he needs up his game. same shit is getting old. probably be midnight before this thing starts...........
                                                                                    You can't enjoy it cause you're too furious pointing out how he'll lose. Sit back and take the man in, he's gold when taken for what he is. Don't get sucked in like all the lovers and haters.

Comment

I think this is super entertaining!!
                                                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Jeremy Stephens started mouthing off, to which McGregor replied: "Who the fuck is that guy?!?!?!"

Top notch.

Comment

Don't suppose anyone has a fightclub pass for ufc which they won't be using for 205 tickets tomorrow? If so a pm would be greatly appreciated! Boy getting tickets for this is going to be tough!

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                            Don't suppose anyone has a fightclub pass for ufc which they won't be using for 205 tickets tomorrow? If so a pm would be greatly appreciated! Boy getting tickets for this is going to be tough!
                                                                                            Does a long term fight pass sub get the code?if so mine is all yours.

Comment

"Who the fuck is that guy?"

Comment

Does a long term fight pass sub get the code?if so mine is all yours.
                                                                                                Cheers Chadley, it's the fightclub membership which gets you the code though, as opposed to fightpass which is the online steaming etc. Thanks tho!

Comment

Cheers Chadley, it's the fightclub membership which gets you the code though, as opposed to fightpass which is the online steaming etc. Thanks tho!
                                                                                                  Stick a post up on r/MMA and you might get lucky. Hope you get them m8, lotsa Irish on there.

Comment

You can't enjoy it cause you're too furious pointing out how he'll lose. Sit back and take the man in, he's gold when taken for what he is. Don't get sucked in like all the lovers and haters.
                                                                                                    when am i furious pointing out he will lose? it was more the spectacle of a mcgregor entertaining press conference was dropping fast. that was one of his key attributes nobody else was doing it needs somebody to bounce of too and diaz didnt give him that.

Big let down on these press conferences is the boring question journalist ask on repeat. Like one guy got the floor and asked same thing again about a round prediction.

I say send over paul kimmage and let him grill them about testing. I wonder does mcgregor have asthma?

Comment

Stick a post up on r/MMA and you might get lucky. Hope you get them m8, lotsa Irish on there.
                                                                                                      Cheers. Mate I'll be over there with has the account already just trying to increase our chances!

Comment

Should be able to sort you in morning m8.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                          Should be able to sort you in morning m8.
                                                                                                          Cheers that would be great!

Comment

...Think it's stupid that Mcgregor had his belt on for the Face offs- Unless they are fighting for two belts, there should only be one belt... Although I was shocked to hear Alverez is on the same money as his last fight... If that's not BS then he is being massively screwed imo...

Comment

...Just looking at betting for the Ryder cup again...About 6 months ago, probably less, USA were 10/11 to win- For some reason I didn't have the heart to load up on it, as felt I wouldn't enjoy watching it having bet against Europe... Bubba Watson is World number 7---And he just about got picked--- As a vice captain ffs... It's the strongest American team in over a decade, and probably the weakest European team since then as well... It could be a fucking bloodbath...

Comment

You have to sell the fight as the lighter champ moving up weight to fight the bigger champ. It gets more casual fans interested and is an easy promo to make. The UFC messed it up for the first time McGregor was meant to fight for the LW belt against RDA. McGregor called them on it and a week later his belt was in the promos/posters.

Comment

SpaceX announcement on their interplanetary plans

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                                    ...Just looking at betting for the Ryder cup again...About 6 months ago, probably less, USA were 10/11 to win- For some reason I didn't have the heart to load up on it, as felt I wouldn't enjoy watching it having bet against Europe... Bubba Watson is World number 7---And he just about got picked--- As a vice captain ffs... It's the strongest American team in over a decade, and probably the weakest European team since then as well... It could be a fucking bloodbath...
                                                                                                                    what? why do you think its the weakest european team. 2 majors willet/stenson this year.
                                                                                                                    I think europeans have won alot of events this year too. USA are under big pressure and that doesnt bode well. Bloodbath? I think Europe will win. Solid team lots in form.

Bubba has been shit all year if you base your opinions on world rankings it doesnt work like that in a ryder cup format. Cant see how close to even USA would be value. granted they are a bit less now. 4/6 or so. Wouldnt touch that bet id say be higher come to single shoot out on sunday and thats where they can get going.

why do you think the yanks are so strong?

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
                                                                                                                      what? why do you think its the weakest european team. 2 majors willet/stenson this year.
                                                                                                                      I think europeans have won alot of events this year too. USA are under big pressure and that doesnt bode well. Bloodbath? I think Europe will win. Solid team lots in form.

Bubba has been shit all year if you base your opinions on world rankings it doesnt work like that in a ryder cup format. Cant see how close to even USA would be value. granted they are a bit less now. 4/6 or so. Wouldnt touch that bet id say be higher come to single shoot out on sunday and thats where they can get going.

why do you think the yanks are so strong?
                                                                                                                      How many Europeans would make the USA team?

The USA team are stronger in nearly every way you could measure team. (wins, majors, world Ranking, form, experience.)
                                                                                                                      They also have home advantage.
                                                                                                                      The Europeans are weaker than any previous teams over the last two decades.
                                                                                                                      They carry 6 rookies. Rookies historically underperform, especially away from home.

Im not saying they will win, but I cant see an argument that they arent the stronger team going into it.
                                                                                                                      8/15 favs is probably the shortest price fav in recent ryder cups too.

If it were a 24 man tournament, Rory, Rose and Stenson would be amongst the favs. But the bottom of the betting would be stacked with europeans.
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Downtown; 28-09-16, 01:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                                                                                        How many Europeans would make the USA team?

The USA team are stronger in nearly every way you could measure team. (wins, majors, world Ranking, form, experience.)
                                                                                                                        They also have home advantage.
                                                                                                                        The Europeans are weaker than any previous teams over the last two decades.
                                                                                                                        They carry 6 rookies. Rookies historically underperform, especially away from home.

Im not saying they will win, but I cant see an argument that they arent the stronger team going into it.
                                                                                                                        8/15 favs is probably the shortest price fav in recent ryder cups too.

If it were a 24 man tournament, Rory, Rose and Stenson would be amongst the favs. But the bottom of the betting would be stacked with europeans.
                                                                                                                        Well the ranking system determines who goes bar wildcards and alot of europeans only grind on the european tour but the gap isnt that much in terms of quality.

The so called big players in the usa team would be DJ, Mickelson, Speith, Fowler out of them DJ is only one in form. Speith and Fowler particular id be worried about. As in they will make up the 4somes/4balls

Can Match that from Europe with Rory. Stenson, Garcia, Rose. Decent form all round.

Rookies on European team maybe a worry but Willett ( masters winner this year) Sullivan/Woods/bello/Fitzpatrick. All good european tour players and some wont be used until singles. Then you have experience of Westwood/ Kaymer etc

The americans are better on paper obviously and worthy favourites but you are relying upon a mixed bag too your kuchers/reeds/walkers are not ones to be relying on too much.

I think it will be close and if USA is going to win it will be on the singles Sunday going in behind. I dont think the factor of playing it in USA is as big a deal anymore.

Wait and see. Treating this as a walk over is flawed

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                                                                                          If it were a 12 on 12 football match who would win?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X