X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
    Has to be the best sport for late drama. NFL can be close at times
    ...Good two putt for Rory, I'd make him slight favorite just because of his ability, but this is great sporting viewing...Can't fucking wait for Friday...

Comment

Golf must be the only game where people at the very top aren't playing for the cash, cause they have so much, but are playing for the win?

Some money on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Mellor - your opinion on the hamdog and is Australia prepared for the influx of people who will inevitably move to a country that sells hamdogs?

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cps...24874102_n.jpg
        Only seen this post on a rescan of the BBV. Sorry hitch.
        First impression on the Hamdog is that it is quintessential aussie bogan fair. I can just imagine a typical mullet sporting redneck opt for a hamdog over his usually combo of a burger and a hotdo, in order to leave a hand free for a can of XXXX.

I think I'll be safe from the influx though. It's only available in western australia by the looks of things. To put that in perspective, that's about the distance from Dublin to the middle of Turkey, or the far side of the Volga in southern Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
          McIlroy
          What a finish, came from 3 shots behind with 3 to play. Legend, absolute legend.

Comment

What a finish, came from 3 shots behind with 3 to play. Legend, absolute legend.
            What was that putt worth? $13,000,000 I think. Plus 2 trophies of course.

Comment

More than you can imagine

Coulda woulda shoulda post incoming

Was gonna back Moore @50/1 but his price shortened and didn't bother, deciding to leave golf till next season

If I'd backed him woulda doubled him with Ben Coley's tip in Europe

Coley's tip won @40/1, just left work, check scores walking up road, see Moore is in playoff and all I can see is the £20K I'm about to miss out on

Think I need a drink

& Christ I do love McIlroy right now

Comment

Eagles..... Its our year

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                  Can't believe the two lads got to place the balls in the rough. Cue Kenneth Williams
                  Yeah, that was nuts. One was standing on a sprinkler head so fair enough, he got a good break though because his lie was much deeper in the rough originally and would have had to chip out sideways instead he got a chance to lay up.
                  The other one got to drop then place the ball because some stupid woman picked up his ball FFS, this gave him a massive advantage over where he would have been and would have been all but out of it.
                  As it was he went out on that hole anyway but when I saw the 2 boys hitting it into the crap and Rory creaming it down the centre I thought is was all over.
                  Justice prevailed in the end though

Comment

What was that putt worth? $13,000,000 I think. Plus 2 trophies of course.
                    Ah, it was only $11,530,000. I was counting 11.5m plus 1.53m for winning the tournament but it's 10m for the fedex and 1.53m for the tourney.

Comment

Ah, it was only $11,530,000. I was counting 11.5m plus 1.53m for winning the tournament but it's 10m for the fedex and 1.53m for the tourney.
                      To misquote Mrs Doke:

Sur it's only dollars!

Comment

Go fuck yourselves then ye cunts.

Comment

Found this moving

This talk was given at a local TEDx event, produced independently of the TED Conferences. Ireland's foremost "gender discombobulist", Panti, shares her exper...

'Putting up is exhausting. ' Yeah it is.

Such a great public speaker. All the time we have had to sort this out. And we haven't. What's wrong with us?

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                              I like that. A lot.

I want you guys to know something. You are all guys almost. Be REALLY proud of your daughters. Raise them proud. Be proud of your daughters and raise them proud and they will be proud of you. :-) Be proud of your sons and raise them proud and they will be proud of you.

This is what I got up to over the weekend.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

You should be REALLY proud of your daughters lads.

Oh I know the camera is shakey i was knackered and drowned!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Dublin bus on a go slow.
                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                    Almost through 'Race for the Whitehouse' http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5194802/ Really enjoyed it, though I'm still coming to terms with my newfound respect for Nixon.
                                    Gave the Clontom one a watch, looking forward to the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                      Someone asked recently about screenings of Louis Theroux's new doc. Not looking likely here unfortunately going by this.

http://entertainment.ie/cinema/news/...aws/385722.htm
                                      I for one am deeply upset and will be watching it illegally on the internet solely because I cannot pay for it.
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                        Dublin bus on a go slow.
                                        striking tomorrow and today?
                                        Work from home week incoming so
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

It will get the highest viewership per capita here than anywhere.

I dub this The Passion of St Tubulus effect.

Comment

Arnold Palmer died

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                              striking tomorrow and today?
                                              Work from home week incoming so
                                              Tuesday and Wednesday. Though obv thst means from 9 pm tonight as they *need* to put the buses to bed early.

Nah today might be a sick day. I woke up silly early so tried the get an earlier bus t dodge the rush. 45 minutes wait at a bus stop where they are meant to be every 15.
                                              Then it arrives and takes a few minutes extra at each stop as it is so wedged and crowds of punters have built up at stops.

First headline I noticed in the shop was that the euro millions driver syndicate were pissed to they had to pay for their own celebration party and Dublin bus 'didn't even buy them a drink'.

Comment

Some school kid no older than 10 beside me doubled over passed out from tiredness. Reminds me of a young me.
                                                It's madness what we do.

Comment

Some school kid no older than 10 beside me doubled over passed out from tiredness. Reminds me of a young me.
                                                  It's madness what we do.
                                                  Buy him an energy drink
                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                      Buy him an energy drink
                                                      Buying him refreshments might be crossing some sort of line. Instead I told him that it doesn't get any better and that these are the best days of his life.

Comment

Class.
                                                        Donald Trump Launches Debate-Day Snapchat Filter Against ‘Crooked Hillary’

Comment

Buying him refreshments might be crossing some sort of line. Instead I told him that it doesn't get any better and that these are the best days of his life.
                                                          ...I'd say you give life changing speeches and advice...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                            We were out at Strandhill and climbed the hill behind the town. Grand spot.

Good food everywhere we went and even managed to do some clay pigeon shooting yesterday.
                                                            Knocknarea "mountain"?

I grew up beside strandhill and said hill.

Comment

this looks great

Blitzed

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOT_BoGpCn4

So ya wanna be President eh.....

Expect tonight to be a new record

This arrived today
                                                                  SPOILER

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

This arrived today
                                                                    SPOILER

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP!
                                                                    does it also have a made in china tag?

Comment

Comment

...What time is the presidential debate kicking off at would anyone know?... I'm usually watching these things on sky news, is it the general consensus?....

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                          ...What time is the presidential debate kicking off at would anyone know?... I'm usually watching these things on sky news, is it the general consensus?....
                                                                          9pm ET...so 1am

Comment

Have manflu, obviously worse than Liams' little pain in the hole story.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                              9pm ET...so 1am
                                                                              2am our time

Comment

This arrived today

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP!
                                                                                [/SPOILER]
                                                                                Thats not even funny.
                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

...

Comment

Planning to buy Hilary on the Trump bounce tonight. The first debate is a great opportunity to buy variance imo. There will presumably be an entertainment based boost to Trump chances that don't touch on the underlying demographics that speak quite strongly to a Hilary win. I'm a Raoul-level politics punter though, so take that fwiw.
                                                                                    Still wouldn't really be value according to Nate's model

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                      Have manflu, obviously worse than Liams' little pain in the hole story.
                                                                                      No way you'll be right for Sat. I'll pm my address and you can ship the AI tickets across. Cheers

Comment

2am our time
                                                                                        shit yeah

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                          No way you'll be right for Sat. I'll pm my address and you can ship the AI tickets across. Cheers
                                                                                          They had enough Kerrymen cheering them on the last day. Ship me up those Kerry county board tickets thanks.

I am taking every precaution, avoiding housework, minding kids, dealing with stuff etc. Currently administering the well known cure of a party bowl containing toffee popcorn, M&Ms and fizzy cola bottles while crashed out on the couch.

Comment

Hmm I'm going to Budapest to celebrate thanksgiving (don't get started on how weird any of that is buit I have 6 weeks of holidays to take and you have to get creative at this stage of the year) but I have a concert the night before that I got tickets to months ago...contemplating powering through to a 6am flight or just be an old person and skip the gig. :| I need coke hitch.

Not to mention that I have surgery coming up on an unknown date and a week in Amsterdam as well as the week in Budapest to dodge...

Comment

does anybody here know in the paddy power hotshot jackpot thing can you choose any players to score as in anybody whos on the team or is from there predetermined list

I thought they gave you option of the top 3 from each club and that was it? Is that correct Cant check now because its closed for the game week.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                  Where did you eat?
                                                                                                  Lunch: The Oarsman in Carrick on Shannon
                                                                                                  Dinner: Hardogans, Sligo Town
                                                                                                  Breakfast both mornings: Coopershill
                                                                                                  Lunch: Strand Bar, Strandhill
                                                                                                  Dinner: Coopershill
                                                                                                  Lunch: Miller and Cook, Mullingar.

Felt full last night so no tea.

Comment

I'm a Raoul-level politics punter though, so take that fwiw.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

there's just no getting away from that miserable feeling a cold gives you even when you know its the most minor illness you can possibly get.
                                                                                                          Alcohol and manning up cures them pretty quick.

Comment

Comment

there's just no getting away from that miserable feeling a cold gives you even when you know its the most minor illness you can possibly get.
                                                                                                              GFYHH

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
                                                                                                                does anybody here know in the paddy power hotshot jackpot thing can you choose any players to score as in anybody whos on the team or is from there predetermined list

I thought they gave you option of the top 3 from each club and that was it? Is that correct Cant check now because its closed for the game week.
                                                                                                                All players are listed, click to expand.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post

You can choose any player on any team, even no goalscorer

edit :as per dice before me,

even if a player is not listed, ring and they will put on
                                                                                                                  Last edited by poprock; 26-09-16, 16:08. Reason: answered previous

Comment

Any idea why the 'discrepancy' between those figures (44/55) and say betfair odds (1.62/2.8){i.e. 62%/35% roughly) ??

If you give Nate's model credence, means a huge volume of money riding on 'he can't win, can he?' type thinking.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Lplated; 26-09-16, 16:22.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                        All players are listed, click to expand.
                                                                                                                        ok cheers. i did it first time at weekend because seen it had been won last 2 weeks. didnt expand anything just clicked what was listed on the page. saw that I managed to hit 6/7 lukaku being the missed one which was same with most people id imagine.

That will help being more choice of players but there looks to be lots of people on 6 with tonights game to play. I have Deeney and he will be popular.

I thought i was closer to the tie breaker too goal was scored on 23rd minute and I had the 24.00-24.59 bracket but then saw that will be 22.00-22.59 bracket so some other fucker is going to have Deeney too and be inside me on the time. With the amount on 6 im probably not live for the consolation prize

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                          The Oarsman a fine spot, well it used to be in the 06/07 era.
                                                                                                                          Still is, packed out with mainly locals of a Friday lunchtime.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X