Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it's only myself, Ole and Hitch up on a Saturday morning.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
      I'm here too m8
      airport, lol

Comment

I couldn't book the case under the little one's name, she's booked on as an infant.

Actually, on that, they just throw the buggy in the hold FOC, that right?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
          Can't access the original article as have used up my article use there for the week, but afair 60% discount was for those on around €20k providing they'd been living in the house for 20 years, whereas the more usual discount for those incomes you mention was around 30-40%. Might be wrong though. So max house value on €35k is €175k which seems a bit of a stretch in Dublin, or at least would only apply to the absolutely most shit places.
          I checked the SI there. It's 60/50/40%, above $15/20/30k. There's no requirement to be living there 20 years, its 1 year.

40% discount aside, I think think it's a mistake to assume $35k is the max income on social housing. That's the income to qualify for social housing, it doesn't apply after that. Somebody who moved in 10 years ago could be earning a lot more now. Even as simply as adding a second household income.
          A dual income of $75k equals a market value of $375k.
          Below that they'd qualify for a local authority mortgage. Borrow up to $220k, equals a market value of $367k.
          I think that has it covered tbh.

Comment

I couldn't book the case under the little one's name, she's booked on as an infant.

Actually, on that, they just throw the buggy in the hold FOC, that right?
            Yeah one buggy or item like that free with the infant i think.
            airport, lol

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                Its more a case of punitive charges rather than actual cost.

They simply dont want luggage in the hold, it affects turn around time and adds an extra cost to the handlers.
                They regularly throw carry-on into the hold now.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  Off the top of me 'ead

Bertie
                  Haughey
                  Dev
                  Enda
                  Lynch
                  Costelloe

Have a feeling Garrett can be added to that as well?
                  Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                  Enda will be the first FG. Assuming I don't bbv myself that makes a clean sweep of my election bets, woop.
                  Think Garrett was Taoiseach twice, just not in consecutive terms, the 'historic' label for Inda is he (most likely) gets to be the first FG leader to lead the party back into Govt after an election.

Comment

They regularly throw carry-on into the hold now.
                    Yeah last few times I've flown ryanair the just stick a good few of the bigger hand luggage in the hold for free to make room. Its not like it used to be at all.
                    airport, lol

Comment

Going to a stag today that's exclusively just based on drinking and starts at 4 pm. I can't drink to save my life anymore and want to be parked on the couch in good health for the snooker at 1 pm tomorrow. May well not go to plan.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                        Going to a stag today that's exclusively just based on drinking and starts at 4 pm. I can't drink to save my life anymore and want to be parked on the couch in good health for the snooker at 1 pm tomorrow. May well not go to plan.
                        Chances are youll be parked on your couch by 11pm tonight so you should have a good seat.
                        airport, lol

Comment

Yea..Been up since 6:30 so 4-11 is a pretty convenient time for boozing.

Comment

Cheers Mellor. Can you just keep on staying renting a heavily subsidised council house if your income shoots up to €75k? That seems to defeat the point of council housing so.
                            Until the death of person or spouse, whichever lasts longer, no further income checks. (Unless you get to buy it of course, in which you case you keep it for the five yr period then sell on).

Even on the death of last of (person and spouse), if there is a child (adult child) of the family living in the house at the time of the death, the new test is some combination of number of years the child has lived in the house and income - i.e. the adult child may get to keep the house even though their income would have precluded a stand alone application.

'Tis indeed a great country. Wise men move to sunnier climes with attractive fixed interest rates.

Comment

Not by choice, working the whole weekend...
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Wondering if anyone here has flown in style like this. I got upgraded once in my life in an internal US flight and tbh I dont know if it was 1st class but had huge soft chairs which I could almost lay flat but defo wasnt this good!

What are the most luxurious and expensive first class airlines in the world? Subscribe to our channel: http://goo.gl/9CwQhgDescription:This particular video ...

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                  Not by choice, working the whole weekend...
                                  Me too, moving premises and have to be out of one unit today. I'll be lugging shit around all weekend.

Comment

Me too, moving premises and have to be out of one unit today. I'll be lugging shit around all weekend.
                                    Did you shift your molding machine ?
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Cheers Mellor. Can you just keep on staying renting a heavily subsidised council house if your income shoots up to €75k? That seems to defeat the point of council housing so.
                                      I don't think there is a requirement to stay under the threshold. But the house size is based on the number of people in the application. They still be in that small initial apartment, and they wanted to upgrade, they be reassessed I think.

I just used €75k as that's the dual income limit for a Local authority mortgage. Single limit is €50k.
                                      Somebody on €30k can still apply for up to €220k, should be enough to cover most places with discount. They aren't restricted to 150k based on 3x income

Comment

Enda will be the first FG. Assuming I don't bbv myself that makes a clean sweep of my election bets, woop.
                                        Don't think we will be getting paid on FG minority Denny. Going on the last market PP had up it looks like they are going to class it as FG/ Any other party (s). FG minority was out to 9/1 before they took it down.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 30-04-16, 10:03.

Comment

In 1820 the average US man lived until 39.

That's just shocking. As presumably our measely 75-80 year lifespan will seem in a hundred years time.

Wonder though if that US stat is biased down by the ridic number of child deaths in those days?

Edit: seemingly a bit, but not hugely:

About 1 in 2, 1 in 3 kids used to die before their 5th birthday. But even taking account of that: "In 1845 a 5-year old had a expectancy to live 55 years. Today a 5-year old can expect to live 82 years. An increase of 27 years."
                                            Yes it is. Average lifespan not a very useful metric for this reason.
                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

How horrific must it have been to look at your toddler and realise he had a high chance of dying. Not so long ago either .

On the footie midfielder rating.

Scholes>>Gerrard>>>Lampard. Fat Frank underachieved at international level also. Don't get me wrong he was great but Chads assertion is Redic.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                                Think Garrett was Taoiseach twice, just not in consecutive terms, the 'historic' label for Inda is he (most likely) gets to be the first FG leader to lead the party back into Govt after an election.
                                                Yeah he was - was Taoiseach of one of those short-lived governments of 1980-82. As well as '82-'87.

But not back-to-back like the Mayo Messiah.
                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

That's just shocking. As presumably our measely 75-80 year lifespan will seem in a hundred years time.

Wonder though if that US stat is biased down by the ridic number of child deaths in those days?

About 1 in 2, 1 in 3 kids used to die before their 5th birthday. But even taking account of that: "In 1845 a 5-year old had a expectancy to live 55 years. Today a 5-year old can expect to live 82 years. An increase of 27 years."
                                                  Further increases in lifespan are a disaster for the planet and our species m8

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 30-04-16, 10:24.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                      Wondering if anyone here has flown in style like this. I got upgraded once in my life in an internal US flight and tbh I dont know if it was 1st class but had huge soft chairs which I could almost lay flat but defo wasnt this good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VqhIzigk1s
                                                      Virgin business class was always pretty sweet back in the day. Flat beds, masseuses and a decent sit-down bar. Sleeping always seemed -EV on such a flight.

Comment

Comment

Got an email from the phone company, and its same in Ireland from tomorrow, saying the maximum cost for a call made anywhere in Europe while abroad is now €0.06 a minute. That's a ridic drop from a few years ago. Think it only applies if you are on an unlimited package. As the 6 cent is max that can be charged on top of your domestic call cost (which is obv free in an unlimited package). It's now 1 cent for a text from abroad. Not quite sure how internet works though.

Have a handy package here where it's €20 for unlimited everything except 50gb cap on internet. They also say to feel free to use it wherever in Europe you want at no extra cost. Europe needs more of that type of package.
                                                          It's actually a very handy practical example that you can pull out of the bag when the anti-EU crowd start their 'what has Europe ever done for us?' whining.

Comment

Comment

Although the difference between the price/value of the Three deal in UK vs Ireland suggests it was disastrous for competition to let Three merge with O2. A similar merger deal is just about to be blocked in the much more competitive UK market.

It's as bizarre as: UK Three customer has free unlimited roaming in Ireland, but Irish Three customer has to pay to roam on the UK Three network. Think that's still the case anyway.
                                                              Bought my mother a Three data sim card here that she uses for her tablet in Ireland.

Far cheaper!

Comment

Opr

Comment

Although the difference between the price/value of the Three deal in UK vs Ireland suggests it was disastrous for competition to let Three merge with O2. A similar merger deal is just about to be blocked in the much more competitive UK market.

It's as bizarre as: UK Three customer has free unlimited roaming in Ireland, but Irish Three customer has to pay to roam on the UK Three network. Think that's still the case anyway.
                                                                  EU measures kick in soon that will end that bollocks.
                                                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                    How horrific must it have been to look at your toddler and realise he had a high chance of dying. Not so long ago either .

Scholes>>Gerrard>>>Lampard. Fat Frank underachieved at international level also. Don't get me wrong he was great but Chads assertion is Redic.
                                                                    As a United fan I still think Scholes is thought of a bit through rose tired glasses. Certainly a top player but slightly overhyped since retirement Imo. Nicky Butt regularly in the team ahead of him even at his peak.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                      Further increases in lifespan are a disaster for the planet and our species m8
                                                                      As long as we keep the economic growth and equality up, the population will tail off. Educating girls means they have less children by huge amounts. You can see it happening already int he developing world. Eventually we will run out of places to develop and population will have peaked.
                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Venting.

If so this is quite the right place last night turned out to be a disaster.

Somethings don't need to be said. Not even by text. Some people are so RUDE!
                                                                        This is a Shashka. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN3uhImuy6E Ty Menya Ne Ishi. Ti menya ne stoish. 'Do not look for me you are not worthy of me.'

Comment

Whatever metric you using for this, using international is beyond dumb as none of them covered themselves in glory internationally and they all English.

For my money, if I was chosing between the 3 in their prime then lampard would have been my pick. Never was a fan of gerard, and scholes was a liability as couldn't tackle.
                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                            As a United fan I still think Scholes is thought of a bit through rose tired glasses. Certainly a top player but slightly overhyped since retirement Imo. Nicky Butt regularly in the team ahead of him even at his peak.
                                                                            I feel like Gordon Ramsey in a dirty kitchen after reading that

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                              Whatever metric you using for this, using international is beyond dumb as none of them covered themselves in glory internationally and they all English.

For my money, if I was chosing between the 3 in their prime then lampard would have been my pick. Never was a fan of gerard, and scholes was a liability as couldn't tackle.
                                                                              Beyond dumb ? Lol . And you guys frown at Shaiska . Lmao

Comment

Booked to go to Spain in June and they charged me €80 to bring a suitcase with me. Wtf?

When did that happen? Was is not always around €30?

Cunce. Flight wasn't the cheapest either, booked it because flight time suited better.
                                                                                On my trip to Dublin from Spain last week it was €25 for 15kg and €35 for 20kg. Booked one bag for €25 and another child one half price for €12.50. And they checked the hand luggage into the hold for free too.
                                                                                Happy with that, total return flights and bags for 3 people €350.

Going to Germany from Spain in June, bags have gone up in price but just checked there again and it's €35 for a 15kg and €45 for a 20kg.

Comment

Beyond dumb ? Lol . And you guys frown at Shaiska . Lmao
                                                                                  There will be no frowning at Shashka. And no one is dumb.
                                                                                  This is a Shashka. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN3uhImuy6E Ty Menya Ne Ishi. Ti menya ne stoish. 'Do not look for me you are not worthy of me.'

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                    On my trip to Dublin from Spain last week it was €25 for 15kg and €35 for 20kg. Booked one bag for €25 and another child one half price for €12.50. And they checked the hand luggage into the hold for free too.

Going to Germany from Spain in June, bags have gone up in price but just checked there again and it's €35 for a 15kg and €45 for a 20kg.
                                                                                    Turn up at the gate like this !

This too shall pass.

Comment

...

Comment

It's just going to be the same as yourself for someone else on the same package I would imagine. But I don't know a thing about it.

Comment

...

Comment

Aren't they abolishing roaming costs in the next year though?

Comment

It's the same price as a call at home with no extra charge after 2017 or something. I could be totally wrong.

Comment

...

Comment

By abolishing that means you can't charge more than domestic rate. But if they are interpreting domestic rate as the general domestic rate and not the domestic rate that you personally pay then costs would actually increase.

Before this change there was an absolute cap on price of calls while abroad of €0.22, but this new regulation changes that to 'no more than €0.05 on top of domestic charge', and from 2017 to 'the same as domestic charge'.

Maybe its just because I'm not on the unlimited plan anymore though. Will someone on Three type their number in there and see if they get the same prices?
                                                                                                  Oh I see! Ah I am not. But someone else can

Comment

Booked to go to Spain in June and they charged me €80 to bring a suitcase with me. Wtf?

When did that happen? Was is not always around €30?

Cunce. Flight wasn't the cheapest either, booked it because flight time suited better.
                                                                                                    Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post

For our trip to Malta in June we booked in 2 x 15kg bags for adults at €30 each, and 2 x 20kg bags for the kids half price at €20 each. That's just one way, so it would also have been €80 return for a 20kg suitcase if it was only booked under an adult.

Comment

Malta folks,

Looking to do about 7-9 days in Malta. Want to be walking distance to a beach and have public transport easily accessible (won't be driving). Mostly intend on lazing about in the sun with the odd bit of sight seeing.

Suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                                        Malta folks,

Looking to do about 7-9 days in Malta. Want to be walking distance to a beach and have public transport easily accessible (won't be driving). Mostly intend on lazing about in the sun with the odd bit of sight seeing.

Suggestions?
                                                                                                        Sliema/St Julians. Right on the coast, close to happening spots, shopping, transport, great places to eat, good boozers.

Comment

Before the changes it was €0.22 to call from abroad

Yeah, same price coming up for me.
                                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

The jump from 39 years for a new born (it was only 40 by 1850), and 55 years for a 5 year old is essentially down to infant mortality. I'd consider a 38% increase in life expectancy to be huge (just for making it to 5).

Life expectancy is a weird stat. They announce on the news that it's now years 80s (like the way you just said it was 75-80). And that becomes people's expectation. But not really, that's the number for one of the recent BBV babies. Unfortunately Hitch, you're stuck with the 70 years or what ever it was back in 1980.

Historical life expectancy reads like a Game of Thrones novel.
                                                                                                            In 1730, n England. Life expectancy was 22. How shit is that?
                                                                                                            200 years previous, it was higher at 30. But if you made it to 21, it was then suddenly 64. That's also probably skewed by the fact only the elite made it up there.

Comment

Bayern/Real Madrid and Arsenal enhanced from 2's to 3-1 with PP.

Opr

Comment

...

Comment

Can anyone who is on the Three €20 a month unlimited deal type their number here: http://www.three.ie/roaming/ and see what rates it gives for roaming in one of the EU countries? I typed it in and was telling me the call charge had actually risen from the previous €0.20 to €0.35. But maybe that's because I'm not on the unlimited package anymore.

The new regulations say it's now a max of €0.05 on top of domestic call rate, but thats meant to be on top of your regular call rate not some general call rate.

Be some crack if they'd taken opportunity of the way the regulation is written to actually increase roaming costs.
                                                                                                                  I am billpay but when I am in the UK all my data is free which is great, I just set my phone up as a portable hotspot and we all use that. I rarely use voice there as I have a UK number as well and just use that. It is 3 as well so have it switched on here too in case anyone from UK needs me and not have them call my Irish mobile.

Just read I have the At Home thing on my plan.

Comment

5c per Mb is still daylight robbery. Thieving cunce will make even more for a while now as people turn on data thinking it is cheap.
                                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Is this a bargain or is there a catch?

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                        Yeah he was - was Taoiseach of one of those short-lived governments of 1980-82. As well as '82-'87.

But not back-to-back like the Mayo Messiah.
                                                                                                                        Unfortunately only some Messiahs' get crucified these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                                                          Malta folks,

Suggestions?
                                                                                                                          Visited it lately, found it very easy to get around - i.e. public transport options good, cheap and regular. Both Islands are relatively small so once you're in/near any of the towns you'll have easy access to public/private bus services for whatever you want to do.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X