This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Arrrr shure 'tis not a real Oirish home if ye don't have a home phone.

I really don't know actually. Seem to get them for free with BB anyway.
    Bundling it more up with BB now as an VOIP line rather than a PSTN.
    You need to worry less and less about PSTN not, I think phonewatch is probably its only dependency for the most part now
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
        So Adams has apologised for the tweet. In that light, @Tony:

what would you like to happen?
        what do you think should happen?
        The tweet was stupid but you can see how someone from his background would, arguably with some justification, see the two struggles as being comparable. That, however, is not the issue.

The issue is that SF keep telling us that this man is the one to lead our country. They maintain this position in spite of an increasingly large body of evidence that, regardless of what you think of his past, the man just doesn't stack up as a serious leader in a modern democracy. He may have been an amazing leader for SF during troubled times in the north, but he's a very VERY poor politician who has shown himself to be lacking.

Ignore what he did and who he was. What he is now isn't good enough. That's the point.
        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
            The tweet was stupid but you can see how someone from his background would, arguably with some justification, see the two struggles as being comparable. That, however, is not the issue.

The issue is that SF keep telling us that this man is the one to lead our country. They maintain this position in spite of an increasingly large body of evidence that, regardless of what you think of his past, the man just doesn't stack up as a serious leader in a modern democracy. He may have been an amazing leader for SF during troubled times in the north, but he's a very VERY poor politician who has shown himself to be lacking.

Ignore what he did and who he was. What he is now isn't good enough. That's the point.
            He's no Donald Trump that's for sure. and yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
              :Rolleyes: Sigh, you missed the point completely.
              No the point is you are using a word for comic effect that is no more acceptable for you to do than it was for Adams to. I just don't get how people are still not understanding that. Do you really need someone who has had the word spat with venom at them to explain it to you?

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
              So Adams has apologised for the tweet. In that light, @Tony:

what would you like to happen?
              what do you think should happen?
              What happens, as always, is completely up to his followers, what did you think of the tweet?

What I would like to think would happen is that he suffers a fate as horrible as Jean McConville and her family and hundreds of other peoples whoose lives he destroyed did. But that is nothing to do with the stupid tweet.

How do you feel that the leader of the political party you believe can make this country a better place thinks that growing up in the 60's in the North was as bad as living under slavery?
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

@MrsFlushdraw

Yeah, thankfully Iago was there to rescue me! Staying in St Julian's.

Comment

trailer here

Comment

SP, while I do admire anybody who takes a stand against racism, imo you're going a tad overboard, particularly with Mellor. Surely the motivation behind the word's utterance is what's important.

While I think Adams' use of it was utterly stupid, I don't for one second believe it was racist.
                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                        SP, while I do admire anybody who takes a stand against racism, imo you're going a tad overboard, particularly with Mellor. Surely the motivation behind the word's utterance is what's important.

While I think Adams' use of it was utterly stupid, I don't for one second believe it was racist.
                        Who said it was?

Its a taboo, its a word that we are simply not to use. if you want to deal with it in the sense of challenging taboo then do that and be clear about it but fuck off throwing it about and pretending that your super hipster ironic use is ok because ... well why exactly?
                        Someday the word will lose its power but right now its too powerful and hateful to be used in any context.

I'm done with this. If people think racism is a laughing matter then they can fuck off, otherwise its all cool.

Comment

And the relevance of that is what exactly?

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                            And the relevance of that is what exactly?
                            work it out honkey.

Comment

You might have to explain the relevance of this to SP but he's Fucked off now according to himself.

REMASTERED IN HD!Official Music Video for Oliver's Army performed by Elvis Costello & The Attractions. Follow Elvis Costello Instagram: https://www.instagram...

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                I had to watch the episode again today. So fucking good.

p.s.
                                SPOILER
                                Fuck Paddy Power I fucking told you it woul dbe Balon Greyjoy.
                                SPOILER
                                Was a bit surprised at the Roose Bolton death, didn't expect that and was grim watching what he did to Fat Walda and the baby. Going to watch it again with Tony tonight as he just back from Dublin. It really was a good episode.

Looking forward to the Ironborn saga unfold now that Balon is dead. Also I really felt bad for Theon, he has redeemed himself to me haha.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                    SPOILER
                                    Was a bit surprised at the Roose Bolton death, didn't expect that and was grim watching what he did to Fat Walda and the baby. Going to watch it again with Tony tonight as he just back from Dublin. It really was a good episode.

Looking forward to the Ironborn saga unfold now that Balon is dead. Also I really felt bad for Theon, he has redeemed himself to me haha.
                                    SPOILER
                                    Yeah Rose going was a bit sudden. Thought they would drag it out a bit more. I get the impression they are thinning the herd to move towards an ending now.

Thought Theon's decision to bugger off was a bit odd also. Obviously the plot dictated that he should be at Pyke, so he has decided to leave. Taking the black is the obvious thing for Theon to do, don't understand why he wouldn't. But yeah, Theon did some despicable things aned he deserved to get punished, but he didn't deserve what he got. At this point he's both pitiable and likeable

Ironborn stuff is good. I think Asha will take the place of Victarion in the books, which means she's gonna do a whole bunch of swashbuckling soon. I love a good swashbuckle.
                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Time to give our title to Leicester.

Comment

I don't think it was racist either. It was dumb though, like 13 year old schoolboy dumb. Dumb like Cowen going on the radio locked dumb.

Anyone with that lack of cop-on isn't fit to be a leader.
                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                          I don't think it was racist either. It was dumb though, like 13 year old schoolboy dumb. Dumb like Cowen going on the radio locked dumb.

Anyone with that lack of cop-on isn't fit to be a leader.
                                          Yeah, but did we not already know that? Not knowing the country's VAT rate made my mind up, that was five years ago.

'Adams is racist' seems to be the main theme of the online outrage.

Comment

'Adams is racist' seems to be the main theme of the online outrage.
                                            Its really not. I'm bewildered that people still do not understand the issue. It is profoundly depressing.

Comment

Have a snickers strewly m8

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                SPOILER
                                                Yeah Rose going was a bit sudden. Thought they would drag it out a bit more. I get the impression they are thinning the herd to move towards an ending now.

Thought Theon's decision to bugger off was a bit odd also. Obviously the plot dictated that he should be at Pyke, so he has decided to leave. Taking the black is the obvious thing for Theon to do, don't understand why he wouldn't. But yeah, Theon did some despicable things aned he deserved to get punished, but he didn't deserve what he got. At this point he's both pitiable and likeable

Ironborn stuff is good. I think Asha will take the place of Victarion in the books, which means she's gonna do a whole bunch of swashbuckling soon. I love a good swashbuckle.
                                                SPOILER
                                                Would love to see Ramsay dead!
                                                I don't think they will use Asha that way, think they might bring Victarion into it.

Loved the start with the young Ned and Lianna etc. I wonder if we will see what happened to Willis and what the relevance of Hodor is. Wonder if they will go to Rickon next week to see how him and Osha fair. I can see why they changed Asha to Yara to not confuse between the names!

Comment

SPOILER
                                                  Am I the on my one unhappy that Jon Snow is back from the dead? Id they sacrificed someone, fair enough but fuck the way it happened imo

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                    SPOILER
                                                    Am I the on my one unhappy that Jon Snow is back from the dead? Id they sacrificed someone, fair enough but fuck the way it happened imo
                                                    SPOILER
                                                    I initially thought Melissandre then Ghost. But I am happy he is back, interested to know which direction it will go

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                      Time to give our title to Leicester.
                                                      lolchelsea
                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

The Game of Bores tv show is on an episode by episode zero hours contract with me. Ill watch it tomorrow and see do i extend it another week. Im only persevering through loyalty.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                          I initially thought Melissandre then Ghost. But I am happy he is back, interested to know which direction it will go
                                                          SPOILER
                                                          I've a sneaking suspicion he isn't really back. Like there was no one there when he woke which is a bit unnerving. I wonder if he dies again and Mel won't know that she really had the power. Hope I'm wrong though.

Comment

I'd say there's a lot of smelly trousers in Leicester right now.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                              SPOILER
                                                              I've a sneaking suspicion he isn't really back. Like there was no one there when he woke which is a bit unnerving. I wonder if he dies again and Mel won't know that she really had the power. Hope I'm wrong though.
                                                              That theory would lead to nothing whatsoever lol
                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

All you with girlfriends/wifes and even if you have kids I have a bit of a trip report on a place I spent 24 hours of sheer bliss and relaxation.

For Mothers day I received a voucher for the Shandon Spa in Dunfanaghy. I have been to the Spa before and it was beautiful but the Hotel was still not finished after going through extensive refurbishment since the new owner bought it last year.

On Sunday morning myself, my next door neighbour, a friend and my neighbours friend headed off to Dunfanaghy for the day/night. We arrived at the Spa where we used the Thermal Spa after we got changed and given Dressing robes and beach shoes. We then spent an hour going round the different things in there before the treatments.
                                                                I had a full body aromatherapy massage and the whole experience including the Thermal Suite was €60. We also got handed a glass of prosecco while we were using the seasalt foot baths. Was sheer bliss.

We had afternoon tea with prosecco booked for once we were finished and I have never tasted anything like it. We got to choose what was put on the sandwiches and the little tartlets, pastries and creme brulee were just phenomenal. We couldn't finish it at all.

Our room wasn't ready and the bags were put into the reception office and then taken up for us. The rooms are beautiful. We had a double suite and it was sheer luxury. All rooms have a view of Marble Hill Beach and it is just stunning.

Dinner was booked for that evening and the courses were bang on the money. The sorbet palette cleanser was beautiful. I couldn't even take dessert as I was so full.

If you want to spoil the lady in your life this is def a place to visit. There is a beautiful leisure club as well with a swimming pool with views of the beach as well. Great for children as well as there is a creche/play area just beside the hotel. It isn't up and running yet as the hotel is only opened since Easter weekend but it will be great as there are tennis and basketball courts outside as well as the large play hall.

Here are a couple of pictures as well as the site of the hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                  That theory would lead to nothing whatsoever lol
                                                                  True LOL. It would be a lot of work just to piss us all off. I still haven't recovered from Lost obviously

Comment

Looks good MrsFlushdraw. You do draw a pretty picture. Were you on a special or if not if you dont mind me asking how much was this?.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                      Flushdraws - what are you doing with the house when you go to Malta? Long term lease, AirBNB, other? just general curiosity on my part so no biggie if you don't feel like answering.
                                                                      We're only renting Noel, so nothing exciting!

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                        nah I fucking hate when they bring characters back from the dead like that,its a cop out,and devalues further deaths in the show,esp when done in a piece of piss manner like that,should at least have had to burn people alive to get that result
                                                                        Good ep overall though fairly zipped along,still don't care about arya cripple fighting with Lucinda Creighton though

Comment

Been a while since I heard Chelsea fans this loud, they really really want to fuck spurs over here. Especially hazard and fab, shame hazard started on the bench though
                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

All you with girlfriends/wifes and even if you have kids I have a bit of a trip report on a place I spent 24 hours of sheer bliss and relaxation.

For Mothers day I received a voucher for the Shandon Spa in Dunfanaghy. I have been to the Spa before and it was beautiful but the Hotel was still not finished after going through extensive refurbishment since the new owner bought it last year.

On Sunday morning myself, my next door neighbour, a friend and my neighbours friend headed off to Dunfanaghy for the day/night. We arrived at the Spa where we used the Thermal Spa after we got changed and given Dressing robes and beach shoes. We then spent an hour going round the different things in there before the treatments.
                                                                            I had a full body aromatherapy massage and the whole experience including the Thermal Suite was €60. We also got handed a glass of prosecco while we were using the seasalt foot baths. Was sheer bliss.

We had afternoon tea with prosecco booked for once we were finished and I have never tasted anything like it. We got to choose what was put on the sandwiches and the little tartlets, pastries and creme brulee were just phenomenal. We couldn't finish it at all.

Our room wasn't ready and the bags were put into the reception office and then taken up for us. The rooms are beautiful. We had a double suite and it was sheer luxury. All rooms have a view of Marble Hill Beach and it is just stunning.

Dinner was booked for that evening and the courses were bang on the money. The sorbet palette cleanser was beautiful. I couldn't even take dessert as I was so full.

If you want to spoil the lady in your life this is def a place to visit. There is a beautiful leisure club as well with a swimming pool with views of the beach as well. Great for children as well as there is a creche/play area just beside the hotel. It isn't up and running yet as the hotel is only opened since Easter weekend but it will be great as there are tennis and basketball courts outside as well as the large play hall.
                                                                            That sounds really really nice. We should have a hotel review thread similar to the restaurant one. A top class pool/spa area is top on my list of what makes a good hotel. Haven't experienced better than The Seafield yet but that sounds like it may be up there.

Comment

Been a while since I heard Chelsea fans this loud, they really really want to fuck spurs over here. Especially hazard and fab, shame hazard started on the bench though
                                                                              We hate Totnum

Comment

We hate Totnum
                                                                                Hazard finally hitting great form for the euros
                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Now finish the cunce off on the break

Comment

Scenes in Leicester right now I'd say

Comment

BOTTLEHAM LOLSPURS

Comment

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Now finish the cunce off on the break
                                                                                        Why'd you delete/edit your post bout traore m8?

'You're fucking shit' chants as loud as I've ever heard haha
                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Why'd you delete/edit your post bout traore m8?

'You're fucking shit' chants as loud as I've ever heard haha
                                                                                          I spelled words and names wrong.

Hold plz

Comment

This is class, half of the spurs team will be banned next week.

all these mad tackles, lamela standing on fabs hand, rose throwing his snots at costa lol. 10/10 game, delivered
                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Who burst Walker open? I need to watch that lots.

Comment

Chants of there's only one Ranieri

Comment

Leicester City Champions.

What a fucking story.

Comment

Lol 9 yellow cards for spurs
                                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Leicester City Champions.

What a fucking story.
                                                                                                      BBV needs a title change.
                                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I'm lovin' it
                                                                                                        48

Comment

Selby at the table too to win the title. Good 60mins for Leicester.

Comment

Congratulations to Leicester. Should be an inspiration for people playing sport and competing everywhere.

Kasper Schmeichel - £2m
                                                                                                            Danny Simpson - £2m
                                                                                                            Robert Huth - £3m
                                                                                                            Wes Morgan - £1m
                                                                                                            Christian Fuchs - Free
                                                                                                            Marcin Wasilewski - Free
                                                                                                            Marc Albrighton - Free
                                                                                                            Danny Drinkwater - £1m
                                                                                                            N'Golo Kante - £5.6m
                                                                                                            Riyad Mahrez - £400,000
                                                                                                            Shinji Okazaki - £7m
                                                                                                            Jamie Vardy - £1m
                                                                                                            Mark Schwarzer - Free
                                                                                                            Jeffrey Schlupp - Free
                                                                                                            Demarai Gray - £3.8m
                                                                                                            Andrej Kramaric - £7m
                                                                                                            Yohan Benalouane - £5.6m
                                                                                                            Andy King - Free
                                                                                                            Gokhan Inler - £5m
                                                                                                            Leonardo Ulloa - £10m

Comment

Hazards ott celebrations were lol. Up there with one of the most shameful seasons from a player in prem history.

Leicester though, heartwarming story and great for sport and probably betting industry for years to come.
                                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                                Looks good MrsFlushdraw. You do draw a pretty picture. Were you on a special or if not if you dont mind me asking how much was this?.
                                                                                                                I had a special deal done on the dinner and accommodation. The dinner is normally 40 and we got for 25 and the room was 35 a head. Well worth it.

There are only 50 rooms. Place would be spectacular for a wedding. The first package is 50 a head. They sell the whole hotel for a wedding in the summer and the food will be the standard they usually do and not wedding food. I know the soux chef there and he is unreal. He makes everything from scratch. His stocks as well. Had his sourdough bread and a French onion bread last night. Gorgeous.

Comment

Most likeable Manager to win the title .
                                                                                                                  The seconditis tag put to bed in spectacular style.

Comment

Comment

Sea fields spa is indeed top class, hotel itself was roasting hot was only downside. An hotel without a pool is a B&B I like the look of that indeed mrsFD, any good wend deals for June/July?
                                                                                                                      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                                      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

You are only getting a loan of it dad.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                          We're only renting Noel, so nothing exciting!
                                                                                                                          I imagine Malta might involve a downsizing from your 14 bedroom Donegal mansion for €100 per month. Pity you can't ship it with you.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X