This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
    So what happens if its Leicester, Spurs, Arsenal and United top four and Liverpool were to win europa, and City do not win CL, hypothetically?
    England will have 5 teams in the CL, the top 4 and Liverpool.

Comment

Sevilla to fluke the europa tho
      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Good day in Dobbyland, Kerry beating Offaly in the hurling.

Comment

So what happens if its Leicester, Spurs, Arsenal and United top four and Liverpool were to win europa, and City do not win CL, hypothetically?
          The 5 teams would qualify, exactly like with Spain in this seasons CL (Sevilla being the EL winner who finished outside T4)

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
            England will have 5 teams in the CL, the top 4 and Liverpool.
            Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
            The 5 teams would qualify, exactly like with Spain in this seasons CL (Sevilla being the EL winner who finished outside T4)
            Ah fair enough, carry on.
            airport, lol

Comment

Skills

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                Good day in Dobbyland, Kerry beating Offaly in the hurling.
                Unreal result. They still have to play a relegation play off tho afaik. Still a massive accomplishment for them.

Comment

Head being wrecked by the uefa portal.
                  Managed to bag a CAT3 for UKR v NIR in Lyons on the 16th, did it more just to prove I could actually buy a ticket as the portal is a nightmare.
                  No intention of going to that game (flying home that morning) so will give first dibs here to any of our northern IPBers who might want it.

Cost €55 + €15 P&P. + a packet of yer fake Taytos or something as a present.
                  Will also have to come to Dublin for cash/ticket handover.

PM me or something.

Comment

3 way tie into the 16th hole in the golf for anybody interested.
                    airport, lol

Comment

Jesus, grim news coming from buncrana.

Comment

3 way tie into the 16th hole in the golf for anybody interested.
                        You just know it ends up in a playoff some way or another. I'm a big Day fan but hard not to root for Chappells first win.
                        airport, lol

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

You just know it ends up in a playoff some way or another. I'm a big Day fan but hard not to root for Chappells first win.
                            Pretty poor form there from Day on the 18th not calling fore

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              It's just always the fcking case that a bit of county council sensibility could have prevented this type of thing. 'accident hotspot' 'locals have warned...' 'notorious'. All words that mean something shouldn't have been allowed to happen.
                              We don't know the full story yet could have been an accident could have been the other scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                Jesus, grim news coming from buncrana.
                                I was heading out to collect my eldest when I saw the helicopter, you know someone is in trouble when it's in the sky but had no idea till I saw it on a local site about the 5 who lost their lives. No word yet who it is and even the sex of the child that survived hasn't been released yet.

Just another tragedy for the area, so much has happened in Inishowen over the last few years

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                  We don't know the full story yet could have been an accident could have been the other scenario.
                                  On days like this loads go on the local piers, seen some crazy manouvers when people try to turn to get back off, piers too narrow etc. Had my heart in my mouth many a time.

God knows what happened this time.

Comment

I'd be inclined to think accident given make up of victims. 2 adult males, 1 adult female ,2 children. Usually with the other scenario its just one parent or the nuclear family. Fucking grim no matter what.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                        I'd be inclined to think accident given make up of victims. 2 adult males, 1 adult female ,2 children. Usually with the other scenario its just one parent or the nuclear family. Fucking grim no matter what.
                                        Where did you read that? As far as I had heard it was 2 adults and 4 kids in car and the baby was rescued and in hospital beside me?

Comment

Hard being a pool hater when they have such a likeable manager. Move on Klopp please.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                            Where did you read that? As far as I had heard it was 2 adults and 4 kids in car and the baby was rescued and in hospital beside me?

Comment

the Derry news is reporting different. Said 2 adults and 3 kids dead.

Comment

OMG . That's an unfathomable tragedy . Some family out for a trip by the sea and a simple (probable) driving error and bang lives are destroyed.

Comment

Saying now its a couple and three children dead. Guess we will never know in this case probably unless there is a witness.

Comment

The person the baby was handed too hopefully can shed some light on it

Comment

The good thing for the baby is she'll be too young to remember this.

Comment

The official name of a new multi-million pound research vessel could be the RRS Boaty McBoatface after the internet was asked for its ideas.

When the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) opened up suggestions to name their new ship, little could they have predicted what the frontrunner would be.

Steaming ahead of its rivals, RRS Boaty McBoatface is outstripping the likes of Endeavour, Henry Worsley, David Attenborough, Falcon and many more offerings.

Some other tongue-in-cheek submissions include It’s bloody cold here, Usain Bolt, Ice Ice Baby and Notthetitanic.

The £200 million polar research vessel, which will be operational in 2019, is set to sail the waters of Antarctica and the Arctic carrying a team of 90 scientists and support staff.

In a statement NERC said: “Tonne-for-tonne, the ship - together with NERC's existing two blue water research ships - will provide the UK with the most advanced floating research fleet in the world and will help put the UK at the forefront of ocean research for years to come.”

NERC was looking for a name to reflect the ship's prowess in the oceans, symbolising the pioneering work they will undertake.

When thinking of submissions, they advised: “We're looking for an inspirational name that exemplifies the work it will do.

“The ship could be named after a local historical figure, movement, or landmark - or a famous polar explorer or scientist.
                                                        airport, lol

Comment

The laptop throws up randomised backgrounds.

This one reminded me of the airport.

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

was it the rain m8 ? its always raining at the airport

Comment

Chicagotown pizza's are by far and away the best frozen pizza, not even a close contest.

Also I meant to post this last week but sparkling water is absolutely gash, one of the worst things on the planet and all of you that disagree with me are wrong.
                                                              Also gin > gin and tonic, but I can understand the need for a mixer on this one.
                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Probably the same background eamonhonda has and that's why he thinks he works there.
                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

mistook it for a window

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                                    The laptop throws up randomised backgrounds.
                                                                    Still wishing it was a laptop you had? damn chroombooks
                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I found one with the same spec as yours m8

Comment

Fuck Northern Iowa anyway, 2-14 run in last 33 seconds of the game to fuck up and go to ot and about to lose. Bunch of cunts.
                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Y'all should watch top secret if you like top gun/airplane type of movies. Not as good obviously but a good way to waste 90 mins
                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

GaryT who posts on IPB still in 10m Sunday Million, 20 people left 1m up top

Bust in 16/17th unfortunately
                                                                            Last edited by Guest; 21-03-16, 10:02.

Comment

Historic day today.

Stateside cigar aficionados will be happy although Kinky Friedman can't trot out his favourite line anymore.

I'm not supporting their economy, I'm burning their fields.
                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Report in indo re buncrana tragedy is harrowing reading,seems car slipped into water ,possibly due to algae,and floated for a minute or 2 before going under.baby rescued by a man who swam out in freezing water

Comment

It's just always the fcking case that a bit of county council sensibility could have prevented this type of thing. 'accident hotspot' 'locals have warned...' 'notorious'. All words that mean something shouldn't have been allowed to happen.
                                                                                  I'm wearing my county council hat here but surely they can't be blamed for this. There are thousands of slip piers around the country and its not just a case of putting a gate in front of all of them. If you did, you'd have everyone up in arms. I'm sure there are signs in the vicinity and its really a case of common sense prevailing. Same as the cliffs of moher, mountain climbing, going for a stroll in severe weather, etc.

Horrible horrible accident.

Comment

Report in indo re buncrana tragedy is harrowing reading,seems car slipped into water ,possibly due to algae,and floated for a minute or 2 before going under.baby rescued by a man who swam out in freezing water
                                                                                    And the mother of the children was in the UK for a hen night. Well done to the man rescuing the baby but I'm sure it will haunt him that he could only save one. Just awful stuff

Comment

Just heard the eyewitness report. Harrowing stuff and so sad. Turning on the pier, bad enough on a normal day like I was saying last night but slippy like ice the guy was saying.

That poor mother coming home to this. Her mum, sister , partner and kids all gone bar the baby. I can't imagine how she will be.

Technical question, with electric windows, I take it they won't work once in water? No one buy baby able to get out because they not open enough? Just with hearing the report and it was bobbing about for a bit before going under.

Comment

We launch our club boat from just beside there on the slip, a treacherous surface no doubt. Will be a somber thought diving up there this year
                                                                                        Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                        https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                          Head being wrecked by the uefa portal.
                                                                                          Managed to bag a CAT3 for UKR v NIR in Lyons on the 16th June, did it more just to prove I could actually buy a ticket as the portal is a nightmare.
                                                                                          No intention of going to that game (flying home that morning) so will give first dibs here to any of our northern IPBers who might want it.

Cost €55 + €15 P&P. + a packet of yer fake Taytos or something as a present.
                                                                                          Will also have to come to Dublin for cash/ticket handover.

PM me or something.
                                                                                          Bump for any daytime leftfooters.

Comment

Technical question, with electric windows, I take it they won't work once in water? No one buy baby able to get out because they not open enough? Just with hearing the report and it was bobbing about for a bit before going under.
                                                                                            According to this article electric windows would stop working due to circuits shorting

Comment

According to this article electric windows would stop working due to circuits shorting
                                                                                              http://www.popularmechanics.com/adve...-car-15510924/
                                                                                              The guy who rescued baby was all cut, maybe the window was smashed. Bloody technology

Comment

They should work, for at least a little while. Car electric systems have to be pretty robust otherwise flooding could knock out something critical.
                                                                                                But probably no way to say with any certainty. Could have been crack windows in the back and the adults didn't want to flood the car opening theirs.

Comment

Sounds like a really tragic accident. If the car was floating for a minute or two why couldn't anyone else escape?

Comment

...

Comment

The guy who rescued baby was all cut, maybe the window was smashed. Bloody technology
                                                                                                      The first guy to the scene gave a harrowing and heart-rending report on the Anton Savage show. He said he was in constant communication with the driver as the car slowly floated out to sea. The driver had his window down as was appealing to the guy on shore to call the emergency services.

The other guy, a jogger I think arrived and swan out to help. He was given the baby through the window and managed to swim back. He was freezing, exhausted and his legs were cut up when he got back and he couldn't do another run. I guess his legs were cut by rocks and barnacles and the like.

The eye witness then talked of the tipping point when the car, almost suddenly, plunged down into the water.
                                                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Sounds like a really tragic accident. If the car was floating for a minute or two why couldn't anyone else escape?
                                                                                                        Maybe the car was floating, as the inside was full of air. But the water was far enough up the windows and doors to prevent them from opening. Once there's a certain amount if water on the outside, the pressure is too great to move against. So you have to wait for the car to fill up before it neutralises.

Comment

Guy who saved the baby absolute hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                            The first guy to the scene gave a harrowing and heart-rending report on the Anton Savage show. He said he was in constant communication with the driver as the car slowly floated out to sea. The driver had his window down as was appealing to the guy on shore to call the emergency services.

The other guy, a jogger I think arrived and swan out to help. He was given the baby through the window and managed to swim back. He was freezing, exhausted and his legs were cut up when he got back and he couldn't do another run. I guess his legs were cut by rocks and barnacles and the like.

The eye witness then talked of the tipping point when the car, almost suddenly, plunged down into the water.
                                                                                                            That really raises more questions that it answers for me.
                                                                                                            Maybe they thought they had more time to deal with it, and the "tipping point" caught them off guard.

Comment

Just heard the eyewitness report. Harrowing stuff and so sad. Turning on the pier, bad enough on a normal day like I was saying last night but slippy like ice the guy was saying.

That poor mother coming home to this. Her mum, sister , partner and kids all gone bar the baby. I can't imagine how she will be.

You should have up to a few minutes while they work, unfortunately it's often that people are in panic and won't open them, thinking it will give them more time, when they need to open the window as fast as possible.

If you don't open or break the window while it is above water you won't be able to at all - even with a manual window, the only way to open the door then is to wait until the whole car is filled with water and the pressure equalizes. If it wouldn't open while above water the only way is to kick it near the edges until it breaks - sounds like this was possible at the time. That's horribly to think about, the poor people. :/

Can also break it with a detachable headrest https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZTa8Nh0VlE

Really there should be glass breaking hammers supplied in glove compartments even if it is rarely needed.
                                                                                                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 21-03-16, 11:34.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                  That really raises more questions that it answers for me.
                                                                                                                  Maybe they thought they had more time to deal with it, and the "tipping point" caught them off guard.
                                                                                                                  That's really horrible. It sounds like they were waiting to be saved rather than doing something about it themselves. If the window was down they should have tried to escape but they probably thought staying calm and in the car was a "safer" option as they were bobbing along.

Often this is the case in survival situations that people are too slow to adapt to the need to act and die passively as a result. We're so often told to stay calm and that help will come or that there's a safety net of some sort that we can be very slow to change our mindset when our lives are in immediate danger. It's a well established phenomenon and easy to look terrible in hindsight but in the moment it's very common.
                                                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

So the guys last thought was to save the baby by throwing him/her out the window. Presumably the older kids were too big to get out the window. That's horrific as a thing to have to do as your last thing on earth but he's a hero for his last thoughts being of the kid. The wife too, but presumably she was trapped in the passenger seat.
                                                                                                                    The wife was on a hen do in Liverpool. So glad he got the baby out. I just keeping thinking about those poor boys and teen girl as they all not far from my own kids age and how much terror they must have felt. Even when you don't know these people it is just so upsetting to think about.

Comment

TRAGIC. I hope the poor driver of the car doesn't have him name dragged through the mud by the interwebby. It was a huge mistake that cost him and his family their lives. However it could have happened to anyone who is a bit green about survival and the dangers of driving so close to a Pier slippy or not. Let's hope it creates an awareness and this horror in some way saves some lives. It's really harrowing and coupled with the bus crash in Spain quite a sobering day after our long weekend of celebrations.
                                                                                                                      I can only imagine the darkness is a lot of peoples lives this next few weeks/months/years ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                        That's really horrible. It sounds like they were waiting to be saved rather than doing something about it themselves. If the window was down they should have tried to escape but they probably thought staying calm and in the car was a "safer" option as they were bobbing along.

Often this is the case in survival situations that people are too slow to adapt to the need to act and die passively as a result. We're so often told to stay calm and that help will come or that there's a safety net of some sort that we can be very slow to change our mindset when our lives are in immediate danger. It's a well established phenomenon and easy to look terrible in hindsight but in the moment it's very common.
                                                                                                                        What to do http://m.herald.ie/news/salesman-che...-27956811.html

Comment

What's the best way to go about getting Ireland away tickets, specifically to the game vs Austria in November
                                                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X