This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    I guess because that's all of UK, and there's a lot of cheap places outside of London where there are also decent jobs. Whereas most people looking for a house in Ireland are doing so in Dublin. I'd imagine the number of Londoners in the same age bracket that own homes is much more similar to Dubliners.
    I guess my mates who stayed in Sligo all own homes also. More thinking of my richer friends in Dublin with less disposable income

Comment

strewlys confused
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
        strewlys confused
        Whatchuuu talkin bout
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          Whatchuuu talkin bout
          you can't fool me with your ninja editing
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Whiney cunce

Someone throw up that 000' year quote about the youths
            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I've said it before . MMA needs to abolish the punches to the head on the ground. No matter how fast a ref is you can do serious damage in 5 seconds . It's the only part about MMA that bothers me. On the ground it should be wrestling only . Pounding a semi conscious opponent is savage and dangerous .

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                This is so disingenuous as to be a lie.

He was not killed to entertain people. He was involved in an MMA event for the purposes of entertaining people. By your logic Phil Hughes died for the purposes of entertaining people. Your rhetoric is so overblown as to border on tabloidesque.

MMA is, relatively speaking, not a dangerous sport. Some people dislike it, that's fine. Some people think it's too violent and that's fine too. But this sort of nonsense is just worthless drivel in a discussion about risks in the sport and to what extent the sport is responsible for the death on a broader level.
                Ah come on saying it's not dangerous is false. Guys getting knocked out is dangerous I have been hit hard a few times never got knocked out but was still injured hurt. Choking someone till they pass out ok they usually submit is dangerous. What's it relative to ?

Comment

If anything it seems to be becoming apparent that most sports taken to professional level are more dangerous than anyone had previously thought.

The idea that 'only X people die in the ring' says much if anything about the safety of MMA probably less sensible than saying 'not many people die during NFL matches' as a QED for repeated blows to the head being not a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                    I've said it before . MMA needs to abolish the punches to the head on the ground. No matter how fast a ref is you can do serious damage in 5 seconds . It's the only part about MMA that bothers me. On the ground it should be wrestling only . Pounding a semi conscious opponent is savage and dangerous .
                    Then they'll just have lots of fights where fighters get stood up only to suffer even more damage.

Comment

It would actually be safer if it was bare knuckle.

Comment

Is death the yardstick ? What about other savage injuries all too commonplace with the ground punches. Punches even small ones are more lethal when coming from above to down.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                          Is death the yardstick ? What about other savage injuries all too commonplace with the ground punches. Punches even small ones are more lethal when coming from above to down.
                          What would these commonplace injuries be.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                            Ah come on saying it's not dangerous is false. Guys getting knocked out is dangerous I have been hit hard a few times never got knocked out but was still injured hurt. Choking someone till they pass out ok they usually submit is dangerous. What's it relative to ?
                            Originally posted by Keane View Post
                            If anything it seems to be becoming apparent that most sports taken to professional level are more dangerous than anyone had previously thought.

The idea that 'only X people die in the ring' says much if anything about the safety of MMA probably less sensible than saying 'not many people die during NFL matches' as a QED for repeated blows to the head being not a big deal.
                            Keane has actually summed up my views on this perfectly. I think most contact sports are really quite dangerous at a professional level. Rugby is marching towards becoming completely unjustifiable as a sport. Soccer is probably lucky in that the lack of physicality doesn't affect it as a sport overall.

MMA is relatively safe compared to other combat sports, which really isn't saying much. I enjoy combat sports generally but I don't kid myself at all about the dangers. I was mostly taking issue with Hitch's over the top statements in that post.
                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Keane has actually summed up my views on this perfectly. I think most contact sports are really quite dangerous at a professional level. Rugby is marching towards becoming completely unjustifiable as a sport. Soccer is probably lucky in that the lack of physicality doesn't affect it as a sport overall.

MMA is relatively safe compared to other combat sports, which really isn't saying much. I enjoy combat sports generally but I don't kid myself at all about the dangers. I was mostly taking issue with Hitch's over the top statements in that post.
                              In a world where heading soccer balls too often is being linked with dementia, the idea of 'relatively' safe sports that have taking punches to the head as part of the objective is just a bit too much like weaselling around to me.

Everyone would just be better off if they admitted that this is very likely badly damaging to competitors - on purpose - and while we have the best medical care possible on hand if you happen to get damaged while we're around, that's not necessarily where it will manifest.

If you decide the rewards outweigh the risks, then that's fine.

Comment

If you start actually dope testing in rugby then the people become a lot smaller and thus you reduce the injuries.

Comment

Imagine the arguments down the local when they decided to abolish Roman Gladiators fighting to the death.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                    Imagine the arguments down the local when they decided to abolish Roman Gladiators fighting to the death.
                                    They came up with the wholly acceptable substitute sport of throwing Christians to the lions instead.

Emperor Lazarius I believe.
                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Shots fired again !
                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

In other news Budapest is a fantastic city.

Would go again.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

City Madrid double enhanced to 7/2 from 5/2 on PP for tonights interest.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                my love for Transdev knows no bounds
                                                I can see someone writing 'lacking in soft skills' on a review of yours in the near future

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                  In other news Budapest is a fantastic city.

Would go again.
                                                  Did you do the outdoor baths?

Comment

Its ok when a horse dies ye savages.
                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                      Did you do the outdoor baths?
                                                      I did indeed sir.

Szechenyi baths. Spent about 4 hours chilling in 36 degreee water, found it very hard to leave.

Parliament building at night is breathtaking. Never seen anything like it.

Comment

Saw David Gest is dead, what a year for celeb deaths. This was the year for a celeb dead pool!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                          Its ok when a horse dies ye savages.
                                                          I don't really want to see Mike McCarthy in an Irish jersey again either but to wish him dead is a bit harsh

Comment

Ah. Now I see what GAB was talking about.

Balls like watermelons these lads.

Comment

One of my wife's friends from college is about to present his own TV show on BBC4. It's pretty strange but also awesome seeing his face in the TV guide.
                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Latest better call Saul was excellent

Comment

and then the boss man from Transdev goes on the 6pm news in studio and takes no nonsense from Dobbo.
                                                                  The Guards are at it too.

Can we not outsource them?

Comment

and then the boss man from Transdev goes on the 6pm news in studio and takes no nonsense from Dobbo.
                                                                    He doesn't strike me as a man who would have dreamed up this tactic on his own. I'd say it was dictated word for word by Head Office.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                      He doesn't strike me as a man who would have dreamed up this tactic on his own. I'd say it was dictated word for word by Head Office.
                                                                      The word is the head guy came over from the UK ages ago and told the union paddies he'd break them and everything else that has happened has come from that.

It's actually a great time to escalate from the companies perspective with a hamstrung minister. If they did this in a few weeks time the new minister would threaten to pull the contract and they'd have to concede. That's why the escalation by the union over the 1916 celebrations was tactically very naive as it allows the company to play their best cards whilst there is no one at the political wheel.
                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                        Wish they reversed HOC and BCS. Would have watched BCS in one sitting.
                                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                          City Madrid double enhanced to 7/2 from 5/2 on PP for tonights interest.
                                                                          Monieeeeees

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                            Painful to do it twice in 4 months. You have to give him credit though. He went on to make a 144 break a few frames later!

Comment

Some scutter been talked on TV3 just now apparently Ibra makes a team weaker, you couldn't make it up!

Comment

Is Peaky Blinders any use

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                  Yep!

Comment

Is acer.com rendering properly for other people?

Comment

Most definitely.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                        Yep for me on Chrome.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                          Its been excellent this season. Was Mike's motivation to be some sort of Robin Hood as much getting one over on Hector as well a squeeze from the cops?

Chuck and Jimmy are just perfect yin yang. You love/hate/pity both characters oppositely and equally.
                                                                                          Last edited by coillcam; 12-04-16, 21:13.

Comment

Palermo hire their 8th manager of the season. He's even going back through the list again. Madness

12/04/2016 - ?????????? - Davide Ballardini
                                                                                            10/03/2016 - 11/04/2016 - Novellino
                                                                                            15/02/2016 - 09/03/2016 - Giuseppe Iachini
                                                                                            11/02/2016 - 14/02/2016 - Giovanni Bosi
                                                                                            15/01/2016 - 10/02/2016 - Giovanni Tedesco
                                                                                            11/01/2016 - 14/01/2016 - Guillermo Barros Schelotto
                                                                                            10/11/2015 - 11/01/2016 - Davide Ballardini
                                                                                            25/09/2013 - 09/11/2015 - Giuseppe Iachini

Comment

Fun in Schipol: http://www.airlive.net/breaking-secu...iphol-airport/
                                                                                              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

One of the finest, tip of your list
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                  Yep for me on Chrome.
                                                                                                  Can't understand it. Have tried it on 3 devices and 3 browsers and it isn't working properly for me. And I need to download a bios and driver updates.

Does global-download.acer.com work?
                                                                                                  Last edited by hotspur; 12-04-16, 21:27.

Comment

@hotspur. I have to step out but if you still need this done in the morninig PM me the long model number of your computer, list of drivers and I'll stick them on google drive/dropbox for you.

Comment

Neither FF or Chrome for me.

Or IE either.
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Can't understand it. Have tried it on 3 devices and 3 browsers and it isn't working properly for me. And I need to download a bios and driver updates.

Does global-download.acer.com work?
                                                                                                        Brings me to the same page as the other link. It is actually http://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content...634.1460495458 that loads. I am on vodafone.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                                          It was also unheard of to not be married with a kid or two by 25, to have a 'gap' year or two traveling the world and making a nuisance of yourself, to take multiple holidays a year, to spend a couple of months worth of rent on gadgets every year and a myriad of other things.

The nex generation down isn't fucked in any more meaningful way than we were, they're simply more entitled, less willing to work for what they need and more likely to be moaning about how hard they have it rather than changing their circumstances.

The same % of people in that generation will be successful, there will be more that are unsuccessful, relatively speaking, than previous generations because they've been Molly coddled and told they were special for so long they never realised that they actually have to work for anything they want. Generation expectation are going to find out the truth about life in a very hard way.
                                                                                                          Every generation says this about the next one. You're becoming an old man!

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                            @hotspur. I have to step out but if you still need this done in the morninig PM me the long model number of your computer, list of drivers and I'll stick them on google drive/dropbox for you.
                                                                                                            Cheers, will see if it works on work computer tomorrow, if not I will pm you.

It's not urgent, I just picked up a cheap Acer laptop for my brother to hook up to TV. Upgraded the ram there, and want to do a clean reinstall with Window 10 from 8.1 (Acer have so much bloatware), so need bios update and drivers for Windows 10 64 bit.

Can't understand why the Acer site won't work properly, and have a vague memory of this happening before.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                              Yep!
                                                                                                              Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                              Most definitely.
                                                                                                              Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                              One of the finest, tip of your list
                                                                                                              Lead by Cillian, obv it's class. Top of me list.

Comment

if a death was to occur in a ufc event in the states. how much value would you wipe off the valuation of the company straight away. seems like there would be calls for rule changes/ possible bans in certain states. difficulty getting mainstream media promotion afterwards.

would ufc viewing figures fall off by a considerable percentage if rules to protect the fighters were introduced.

less people taking up the sport as kids so a smaller pool of talent that will compete.

seems like a buyer would be very reluctant to make a bid of current valuation. 1.6 billion surely would have taken a big nose dive if it was a listed company.

Comment

Last week I put 100 on zlatan to score first, this week I put 50 on aguero to score first.

Hate my life right now.
                                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
                                                                                                                    if a death was to occur in a ufc event in the states. how much value would you wipe off the valuation of the company straight away. seems like there would be calls for rule changes/ possible bans in certain states. difficulty getting mainstream media promotion afterwards.

would ufc viewing figures fall off by a considerable percentage if rules to protect the fighters were introduced.

less people taking up the sport as kids so a smaller pool of talent that will compete.

seems like a buyer would be very reluctant to make a bid of current valuation. 1.6 billion surely would have taken a big nose dive if it was a listed company.
                                                                                                                    If it was on a big card night viewing numbers would go through the roof.
                                                                                                                    People dont watch ufc for a 5 round bore fest they like seeing people getting smashed hurt its one of the attractions of playing watching physical sports games.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                                      Last week I put 100 on zlatan to score first, this week I put 50 on aguero to score first.

Hate my life right now.
                                                                                                                      As a gambler as well do the highs ever replace the crushing lows?

Comment

As a gambler as well do the highs ever replace the crushing lows?
                                                                                                                        I don't even have highs anymore really. Even when I win my highs last for a few hours, just chasing an endless goal really. I don't think any amount of money will bring me happiness, it's just a distraction from the fact that I don't wanna be here. I give myself 3 years tops.
                                                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

If it was on a big card night viewing numbers would go through the roof.
                                                                                                                          People dont watch ufc for a 5 round bore fest they like seeing people getting smashed hurt its one of the attractions of playing watching physical sports games.
                                                                                                                          You obviously don't watch any kind of MMA.

No offence but people like yourself who don't watch have no fucking idea with their hypotheticals.

Stick to liveline where uneducated opinions are Gospel and you can join in with the 3pm National pat on the back of a job well done of making something of nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X