Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So many numbers and colours. Fucking class this is.

Comment

As much as I am trying to get into this the only thing I find myself thinking is how fucked up the sleeping patterns of the hosts must be after tonight.

Also, so many constituencies. Where do they get the reporters?

Comment

Jim Stop The Fiasco Wild was a candidates name. Wut.

Comment

When does this end ffs. I'm too committed or something.

Comment

Kay Burleys eyes are still very obviously not the same size.

Comment

People who got away with mad hairstyles....

Albert Einstein
              Boris Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                People who got away with mad hairstyles....

Albert Einstein
                Boris Johnson

Ooh ooh I know this one.... Jason 'pineapple' Lee, the footballer.
                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Politicians who lose their seats are way to nice.

Life needs to be more like football, try do it beautifully but if someone is better than you do everything you can to smash them.

Wait, that's politics.

Comment

Blue is the colour.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                      Ooh ooh I know this one.... Jason 'pineapple' Lee, the footballer.
                      Sponge Bob Square Pants.

Comment

Politics should be more like football. Throw all the top cunts into a constituency together. Fight it out.

Comment

Nick The Flying Brick is a candidate.

Wut

Comment

The excitement m8s

I find it weird how this is going against every projection.

Comment

Proddy bastards did Sinn Fein out of a seat.

ul Lloyd m8, theres always next time or something.

Comment

Proddy bastards did Sinn Fein out of a seat.

ul Lloyd m8, theres always next time or something.
                                Protestants*

Comment

I reckon my live bloggin challenges bbc and the likes.

Comment

Brought to you by metalman btw. American style pale ale influenced by knackers from waterford.

Comment

Lib Dems remind me of ManYoo.

Comment

No bullet proof limos for the Cameron lad.

Comment

I'm with Lazare. Brit elections are boring.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                            Jaysis, Harriet was fairly downbeat there, with the Tory whip bouncing earlier. Few pound down on Tory majority...
                                            Looking likely now.

Fair play chd on the overnight blogging.

Looks like that prick farage won't win his seat too

Comment

Does it look like paddy power saved you some money hotspur?
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Latest suggestions is that torys are to win 329 seats.

Hitch and RDIII are hereby banned from talking about politics and elections as obviously haven't got a clue
                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Balls out.

Comment

Comment

All that reading of the BBV was worth it for that one comment "like someone who brushed their hair with a balloon". LOL.

Also, agree with pokerhand, stick to the..........trying to think of something ye are successful at punting

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Still secretly rooting for Sinn Fein.
                                                          Didn't have a great election but to be expected when you're part of a government implementing austerity I suppose.
                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I have:

- warm coat
                                                            - thermal vest
                                                            - umbrella
                                                            - wooly hat
                                                            - scarf
                                                            - hipflask of whiskey

All the essential ingredients for attending an Irish cricket match.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                              I have:

- warm coat
                                                              - thermal vest
                                                              - umbrella
                                                              - wooly hat
                                                              - scarf
                                                              - hipflask of whiskey

No snacks?

Comment

Meanwhile, while we obsess over trivialities, 70 years ago today:

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                  No snacks?
                                                                  Just polishing off a very large breakfast in Kennedys.

Comment

I have:

- warm coat
                                                                    - thermal vest
                                                                    - umbrella
                                                                    - wooly hat
                                                                    - scarf
                                                                    - hipflask of whiskey

Storms a brewin. You will be in the pavillion (gibneys) by lunch
                                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

You dont sound like a man who goes to work very often
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                        You dont sound like a man who goes to work very often
                                                                        Too often. The GAB man of leisure template is the dream.

Comment

Comment

Ah you'd need a few sausage rolls or a pork pie or two for the cricket.

As an established attendee of a single Ashes day one ever time in my life I feel like you should embrace the brit side a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                              Final comment on the UK election. Mad system where you can be a party that gets 4 million votes - UKIP -, be the third most voted for party in the country, and just get one seat. Or the Ulster Unionist party with 115.000 votes and get two seats. Seems like a fairly shite way of recognising the will of the people really.
                                                                              how else would ya do it?

Comment

It is only when you watch BBC for a while you realise just how irrelevant Northern Ireland is to the British public, hasn't been a mention of it in the last three hours of coverage.

Thank fuck the DUP nutcases have been kept out of a powerbroking position anyhow.

Comment

Ah you'd need a few sausage rolls or a pork pie or two for the cricket.

As an established attendee of a single Ashes day one ever time in my life I feel like you should embrace the brit side a bit more.
                                                                                  If the weather was more convivial, I would be embracing like a madman.

I do have a fairly chequered career when it comes to attending Irish games. Of the last three games, I've been to, I've seen the grand total of 12 balls.

Still, drinking on a Friday afternoon should be viewed as a Good Thing. Although previous misadventures with V are costing me in the abuse stakes.

Comment

...

Comment

Final comment on the UK election. Mad system where you can be a party that gets 4 million votes - UKIP -, be the third most voted for party in the country, and just get one seat. Or the Ulster Unionist party with 115.000 votes and get two seats. Seems like a fairly shite way of recognising the will of the people really.
                                                                                      jaysus, the reek of bitterness that the democratic will of the people doesn't align with your own opinions (stupid voters voting the wrong way, stoopid stoopid heads, stoopid system)

Move on.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                                        Thank fuck the DUP nutcases have been kept out of a powerbroking position anyhow.
                                                                                        both the NI government parties underperformed and that is hardly a coincidence

Comment

Fairly misleading comparison there, those 115k votes correspond to about a 20% share of the vote ie a higher vote share than UKIP

Comment

One positive thing they have going for them is that the bloodbaths that a small swing in a FPTP system creates lower the risk of having the political dynasties we have.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Most annoying thing about their system is that they call it First Past the Post when its almost the opposite of such. Theres no actual post, no minimum amount or percentage of votes you need to get to win a seat.
                                                                                                  The ARV system they rejected where you needed 50%+1 to win each seat was more of a genuine FPP system.

When is Thanet expected, kind of rooting for Farage now just to add a bit of entertainment to Westminister proceedings.

Comment

Think of UKIP as being the Brit equivalent of the AAA\SP\Independents i.e. a safe way of expressing general dissatisfaction with a 0% risk that their nutty policies ever get implemented. Then it actually aligns quite closely with our own political model.

Comment

Is the boring stuff over now?

Comment

They got 0.4% of the national vote vs 12.6% for UKIP though. It just seems as if those UKIP voters aren't being fairly represented. Now we might all agree that's a good thing, but is it the right thing?
                                                                                                        ELI5 how this has happened

Comment

Nigel Farage leaving his hotel, when asked if he was still going to resign "you calling me a liar, have I ever broken a promise."

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                            ELI5 how this has happened
                                                                                                            Easy example.
                                                                                                            2 Parties
                                                                                                            Consider 10 seats.
                                                                                                            100 voters in each constituency.

And of course, this could happen too

Comment

.
                                                                                                              "A conservative government would be giving the security agencies and law enforcement agencies the powers that they need to ensure they're keeping up to date as people communicate with communications data. We were prevented from bringing in that legislation into the last government because of the coalitions with the Lib Dems and we are determined to bring that through because we believe that is necessary to maintain the capabilities of our law enforcement agencies so they can continue to do the excellent job day in day out of keeping us safe and secure"
                                                                                                              - May
                                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Top jerb from the chdster during the early hours.

will organise shippage with horatio, sigh. never bet against the fear-of-otherness of the english. Remember having a conversation with a work colleague over there about Scottish independence. Nice middle class lady, bankrupting herself to send her kids to £20k a year secondary school so they'd never have to mix with the common people. She was always moaning about the Scots having everything, so I said 'wouldn't it be great if they left so?' (part-troll obv) and she goes: no, but its ours. As if the Scots were ingrate guests on land the english had won fairly and squarely, and fck em for being uppity.
                                                                                                                I wonder will Ashdown eat the hat or claim he was technically correct ?

You probably have enough banking crap going on with the move so I will suggest this as a way of turning a loss to a profit ;

Enter yourself and nominate a willing participant for entry to the GAA predictions comp . If you or the other entrant win I'll take 25% of the winnings which should be around € 50 ( if it's anymore I'll donate the extra to charity). If you lose your still a tenner ahead.

What you think?

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                                                                  Nigel Farage leaving his hotel, when asked if he was still going to resign "you calling me a liar, have I ever broken a promise."
                                                                                                                  Farage loses ...

Comment

Further to the example earlier. Consider a League in Football.

Team 1 wins 8 games 1-0, and lose 2 games 4-0.
                                                                                                                    Team 2 wins 4 games 4-0, and lose 6 games 1-0.

Farage (& Hitch by extension) is bitching about scoring loads of goals and having a better goal difference, but still losing on points.

Last edited by Emmet; 08-05-15, 09:59. Reason: Should probably have combined the two results properly first!

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Further to the example earlier. Consider a League in Football.

Team 1 wins 8 games 1-0, and lose 2 games 4-0.
                                                                                                                          Team 2 wins 3 games 6-3, and lose 7 games 1-0.

Farage (& Hitch by extension) is bitching about scoring loads of goals and having a better goal difference, but still losing on points.
                                                                                                                          Think it's unfair to call it bitching, given the context.

Ukip get 4 million votes, 1 seat.
                                                                                                                          SNP get 1.5 million votes, 56 seats.

When the context is democracy, i.e. that in some sense the outcome should reflect the intention of the voters, then the 'votes per seat' required ratio is clearly skewed.

I'm not arguing that there should be an absolute relationship between votes and seats, but clearly '4 million to get one seat' for one party, and 30,000 to get each seat for another is disproportionate.

Obviously is unlikely to change in the near future as it has suited the two large parties for many decades. Even the LD influence in the last coalition was not enough to bring it about. But the outcome, as above, seems inherently unfair on considerable numbers of voters.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X