Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delighted with myself took 7 months . Prob could have done it quicker if I didnt drink the way I do! I am half a pound away from my target. Was nearly gonna strip off at weigh in just to get it lol

Her sky-ness
    © 5starpool

Comment

So the Greek Finance minister isn't a lefty at all.

A realist. I'm a fan.

Comment

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Unwanted items, apply within

Originally posted by CHD View Post
        lol, so typical.

Yet there is countless clubs that have their home games reffed by someone connected to the club or with relatives on the team.

For a few years when we played away in Greystones the Refs little bro played for them and Da managed the team. There was only 3 teams in that league so we played them a lot.

Laughable.
        My brother went to Joeys when they got to all Ireland schools final (year before I started afaik.) A game my dad refereed...
        They won 2-0
        Last edited by cooker3; 24-02-15, 13:16.

Comment

Comment

Btw my dad used to ref for the AFL (Irish version unfortunately) and he did the Amateur cup final once or twice. He told me it's the biggest cup in Europe in physical terms. I dutifully believed him when I was 8. My certainty is now diminishing. It is a huge trophy but surely it's not the biggest?

AJ: I know you probably wrote the Wikipedia article on this. Where does it rank?

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Mr tayto is a little creepy
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                Btw my dad used to ref for the AFL (Irish version unfortunately) and he did the Amateur cup final once or twice. He told me it's the biggest cup in Europe in physical terms. I dutifully believed him when I was 8. My certainty is now diminishing. It is a huge trophy but surely it's not the biggest?

AJ: I know you probably wrote the Wikipedia article on this. Where does it rank?
                No idea but I suspect there may be a rule that the more obscure the event the more gaudy and preposterous the trophy. I remember in Barcelonas museum there were these monstrosities presented for the winner of the 1960 Freedom Cup against Zaragoza or Sociedad or suchlike, easily 5 foot tall trophies.
                So the winner will probably be the Presidents Cup in Albania or something.

Comment

It's...alive!!!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ7s4xccqDE

Mr tayto is a little creepy
                      They are all consenting adults and potatoes mate.
                      City v Barca in the Woolshed m8.
                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Matic suspension reduced from 3 games to 2. Can someone more informed than me tell me the thinking behind this? Surely it's the FA acknowledging poor refereeing?

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                          Matic suspension reduced from 3 games to 2. Can someone more informed than me tell me the thinking behind this? Surely it's the FA acknowledging poor refereeing?
                          Such a clusterfuck.

The FA don't seem to understand the power of incentives.
                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Would there be any interest in a Cheltenham tipping competition?

€50 a skull. Notional bank of 1000, max bet per race 100. Winnar takes all. You could follow GAB's tips except I'm pretty sure he's already tipped every horse in every race, twice.

I will run it if we get double figure entrants.
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Oh yeah thank the post to get entry etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

€50 a skull. Notional bank of 1000, max bet per race 100. Winnar takes all. You could follow GAB's tips except I'm pretty sure he's already tipped every horse in every race, twice.

...you should only run it on the condition that if gab enters he still has to post his tips as normal...
                                ...I'm in btw...

Comment

Is it going to be points per place or odds are points?
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                    Is it going to be points per place or odds are points?
                                    Whatever I say it is.

Simple stake * SP system. Same as betting cash really.

100 e/w winner @ 6/1 in the CH. You win 720 and this is added to your bank. Biggest bank at the end wins. Come second. You win 20. etc

Comment

Probably a bad thing that I am counting off the days that I will be 2 years in this job and can thus resign and keep my employer pension contributions.

Comment

Whatever I say it is.

Simple stake * SP system. Same as betting cash really.

100 e/w winner @ 6/1 in the CH. You win 720 and this is added to your bank. Biggest bank at the end wins. Come second. You win 20. etc
                                        Edit. Obviously you could only have 50 e/w

And e/w is for girls anyway

Comment

Edit. Obviously you could only have 50 e/w

And e/w is for girls anyway
                                          Dodgy way of working it out though, someone could have 7 winners and then some luckbox gets the 50/1 winner of the Martin pipe and win it

Comment

Question for the techies please

The 'aul lad has a PC which is fairly old. Up until recently, it was connected directly into the phone socket to get internet access however, have since moved over to UPC who don't use the phone line for internet

How to I manage to get internet access again for the PC?

Also, finally got around to putting up the review of Dax in the restaurant thread

Comment

Wireless is acting the cunt. Perfect on ethernet.

Should I change the 802.11 mode (currently on mixed) or channel (currently on auto), would that help and make it stop dropping?
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                Dodgy way of working it out though, someone could have 7 winners and then some luckbox gets the 50/1 winner of the Martin pipe and win it
                                                Thats the idea.
                                                Both systems have their merits, I'm committed to a couple already but I'll probably join Raouls as well I just want to check the formats of the ones I'm in already.

The best way IMO is to restrict it to the graded races and just the premier handicap each day.
                                                Points for places, 10 4 2 is good for first three places plus a bonus points for being > 3/1 >6/1 > 10/1 etc.
                                                Bonus points for the championship races.
                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                  Question for the techies please

The 'aul lad has a PC which is fairly old. Up until recently, it was connected directly into the phone socket to get internet access however, have since moved over to UPC who don't use the phone line for internet

How to I manage to get internet access again for the PC?

Also, finally got around to putting up the review of Dax in the restaurant thread
                                                  Did you get an ethernet cable with the upc router. It should go into back of pc and other end into router
                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                    Well, duh.

Comment

Sounds good,
                                                      In if goes ahead

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                        Thats the idea.
                                                        Both systems have their merits, I'm committed to a couple already but I'll probably join Raouls as well I just want to check the formats of the ones I'm in already.

The best way IMO is to restrict it to the graded races and just the premier handicap each day.
                                                        Points for places, 10 4 2 is good for first three places plus a bonus points for being > 3/1 >6/1 > 10/1 etc.
                                                        Bonus points for the championship races.
                                                        No.

Comment

Comment

Yo Shrap or anybody else in the know, when in France recently my Dad asked me to get him some French whiskey but I never got the chance, his birthday is rolling up and was thinking I'd try and find him a nice bottle if possible, any ideas?
                                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

That was class. Could get funny now.

Comment

Probably a bad thing that I am counting off the days that I will be 2 years in this job and can thus resign and keep my employer pension contributions.
                                                                PRO TIP:Just transfer in your pension from a previous employment and the previous service transfers as well so you meet the "vesting" period required.....

You should have asked me 6 months ago.....
                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Bottlers in Europe, we know what you are.

Comment

Pellegrini largely to blame IMO...but ya

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                      PRO TIP:Just transfer in your pension from a previous employment and the previous service transfers as well so you meet the "vesting" period required.....

yeah, my team are out on their collective feet having worked all weekend, late nights every night for the last two weeks or so

told the boss he should give them a free day off for morale purposes and he looked at me like I had just suggesting sodomising his grandmother. fuck this

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                        Pellegrini largely to blame IMO...but ya
                                                                        Better off out. Gives them a good chance at the only trophy they can win.

Comment

yeah, my team are out on their collective feet having worked all weekend, late nights every night for the last two weeks or so

told the boss he should give them a free day off for morale purposes and he looked at me like I had just suggesting sodomising his grandmother. fuck this
                                                                          Threaten him with sodomising his grandmother if he doesn't relent

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                            Wait so the person who has won the most would end up winning it? For shame!
                                                                            I know, what an outrageous notion

Suppose it does make it a crapshoot on the last day.
                                                                            the max bet somewhat removes that element although not entirely. In any case, that's all the fun of it!

here's the link to one we did in the old place.

Comment

Not really... again and again pellogrini persists with starting two men up front in Europe rather than packing the midfield... Very frustrating to see... Same as last year and the year before last. Joke!
                                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                Not really... again and again pellogrini persists with starting two men up front in Europe rather than packing the midfield... Very frustrating to see... Same as last year and the year before last. Joke!
                                                                                Yeah, he has bottled it. His players are now copying. City are European bottlers.

Comment

Have you suggested they work harder during the day or perhaps a trip to the hammock district is in order.

Can not be the only person picturing a Hank Scopio

Comment

Yeah, he has bottled it. His players are now copying. City are European bottlers.
                                                                                    What is your opinion on the FA reducing Matic's suspension?

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                      Yo Shrap or anybody else in the know, when in France recently my Dad asked me to get him some French whiskey but I never got the chance, his birthday is rolling up and was thinking I'd try and find him a nice bottle if possible, any ideas?
                                                                                      Not much of a whiskey drinker personally so don't know much about it. Didn't even know the French did good whiskey fwiw.

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                                                                                        What is your opinion on the FA reducing Matic's suspension?
                                                                                        Confirms the FA think the ref was terrible. Shows how much of a mess the whole process is. If he didn't see Barnes studs up they would have banned him too, I'm sure of it.

Comment

Confirms the FA think the ref was terrible. Shows how much of a mess the whole process is. If he didn't see Barnes studs up they would have banned him too, I'm sure of it.
                                                                                          Agree.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

What does this mean? That if I move company I transfer the old pension amount in or plan? But they would have different plans? And also is this to circumvent the 6 months or whatever companies make you wait to join their plan?

Comment

super goal.

Comment

As you all know I'm a United fan but what a fuckin goal by Aguero. Aamazing touch from Silva. Top quality.

Comment

Aguero should be playing for Barca/Bayern/Madrid/Liverpool, not these mugs.

Comment

Cheltenham tipping comp. thread set up here

I would post something witty in the style of ArmaniJeans but this competition sells itself

Comment

Jesus how does he head that wide

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                        Not much of a whiskey drinker personally so don't know much about it. Didn't even know the French did good whiskey fwiw.
                                                                                                        No problems wasn't even sure if they did but just thought I'd ask, will pop into that fancy liquor place on Dawson Street and try pick something up.
                                                                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                                                          Jesus how does he head that wide
                                                                                                          He is pretty average at penalties for someone who is one of the greatest.

It's a slowroll in the long run.

Comment

...

Comment

Gimmickry gone mad.

* tries one *

Long hail gimmickry

You only getting around to them now!?

They've been on the go a while. If you enjoy them, then there's Crunchie, Caramel, Turkish Delight and Cadbury's Creme Egg that I've tried that I can remember. They're all pretty fantastic imo!

Comment

Gimmickry gone mad.

* tries one *

Long hail gimmickry

Have you tried the drink? Way too bubbly imo. Bought it last year, had 2 mugs, and it's already past it's best before date

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Gimmickry gone mad.

* tries one *

Long hail gimmickry

looks rank,reminds me someone brought over one of those Cadburys egg and spoon yokes the other day, 4 chocolate eggs in a purple egg carton, they are foul. Had to chuck it out.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                        Did you get an ethernet cable with the upc router. It should go into back of pc and other end into router
                                                                                                                        Problem is that the PC is upstairs and the UPC router is downstairs, no way the cable would reach

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                                          Problem is that the PC is upstairs and the UPC router is downstairs, no way the cable would reach
                                                                                                                          Does the PC not have wireless?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X