This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
    How anyone ever thought Gerrard is/was a better player than Lampard is beyond me.
    Don't think there was much between them in their peaks, both were always a bit overrated by English media. Lamps was more consistent in the routine league games whereas Gerrard was a boss on the big occasions. Scholes obv>>>> both
    Profit before people.

Comment

Scholes was also over rated by the English media.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
        Still not half as much as lampard or gerrard when he was/is clearly on a diiferent planet to them.

Comment

Scholes love was worldwide, so many top players from around the world always mentioned him as one of their if not their fav footballer.
          Profit before people.

Comment

Wrong I'm afraid, under-rated if anything.

Comment

Laser eye Surgery?

Anyone got it done and would recommend it? A place to get it sorted?
              Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
              I had it done with optilase a few years ago. I had a great final outcome with only occasional eye dryness (mainly due to working with computers and driving with air con) and some night glare which they told me I'd likely have in advance.

The stats they trot out are misleading as they classify as success cases I wouldn't consider successful and if you aren't a candidate for the cornea cut and flip option but instead have to go for the cornea partial dissolve and regrow version it's fucking painful for a week. And the eyesight isn't good for at least a month and 3 months for complete success.

Any guarantees about future "touch ups" are only as good as the viability of the company that gives them.

Overall worth it imo but my eyesight was pretty bad but stable, and not wearing glasses is very handy for me.
              I mentioned this in this thread about a month ago. I'm still sceptical, I'm the sort who would really notice something like dry eye, but I'm booked in to see the consultant in the Galway Clinic in the new year and all being well I'll have the procedure done by the end of January. I'll give my thoughts Theresa either way.

V4V, the dry eye you mention, would the sensation be comparable to anything prior to the surgery? Such as a small foreign body in the eye for example? It's my main concern about getting the treatment at this stage.

Comment

LAMPPPPPPPPPPARD!!!

Scholes was over rated for sure. Take off the red tinted specs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaysoose View Post
                  Still not half as much as lampard or gerrard when he was/is clearly on a diiferent planet to them.
                  Different players, can't compare them, both on planet earth etc etc.

Comment

Would you not agree Scholes is a better player than both CHD?
                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

FFL wasnt underrated by his local pie salesman anyway

Comment

gotta love QI on DAVE for enriching ones knowledge..

Comment

Would you not agree Scholes is a better player than both CHD?
                          Scholes pips Lampard, he is in no way alot better.

Both amazing at what they do.

Comment

Prob added one or two too many greater than signs for dramatic effect
                            Profit before people.

Comment

Scholes pips Lampard, he is in no way alot better.

Both amazing at what they do.
                              Pips? Right.

Could use your own little retort here 'take off the blue specs'.

Madness. Scholes is a level above both. Sitch said it. The level of respect he holds amongst his peers is proof enough.
                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                so many top players from around the world always mentioned him as one of their if not their fav footballer.
                                Always dubious about this, I reckon the foreign players are experts at playing to the media they are speaking to.
                                Put the same top players in front of Georgian TV and they'd be saying how Kinkladze was one of if not their fav footballers, and poor Scholes wouldn't get a mention.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                  FFL wasnt underrated by his local pie salesman anyway
                                  One thing we can all agree on is Waterford are crap at hurling and Cricket is muck.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Shut up Armani!
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

@Theresa

Somebody collected up quotes from footballers saying Scholes is great and this seemed to make Scholes amazing.

That could be done for any player. It is funny how people write off players as stupid til they say something people can latch onto.

Lampard and Gerrard get massive respect among their peers so your point is complete bollocks. Proves nothing.

Comment

A gif of scholes being great may wrap the point up
                                          airport, lol

Comment

Shut up Armani!
                                            Let's go AJ.

Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Comment

Lampard is at the end of his career now. Thinking he can play in the Chelsea first team a couple more years is highly optimistic. A return to WHU for a few years would be a much better way for him to finish his career than benchwarming most of the time at Chelsea imo

Comment

Originally posted by Alanfox View Post
                                                  Lampard is at the end of his career now. Thinking he can play in the Chelsea first team a couple more years is highly optimistic. A return to WHU for a few years would be a much better way for him to finish his career than benchwarming most of the time at Chelsea imo
                                                  I thought he was despised at West Ham?

Comment

Comment

Liverpool were odds against for this game the other day. 1.80 now
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Doing the hobbit in style today isence 3d first 3d movie I will have seen

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                          Four hours sitting at the desk pretending to work. Wonder if that's enough pretend work. Seem to have run out of internet to read.
                                                          Looking forward to some pretend work tomorrow myself, hoping for some pity from the gaffers and getting sent home earlyish.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                            Not that I know of? Maybe he is though. But with all his family connections there I thought it'd be the logical thing for him to do? Maybe Ive it arseways.

Also, Scholes is underrated. Can never understand how Giggs always seems to get more praise than him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                              He is. They have an arsenal of anti lampard chants. Fans hate him anyway
                                                              Last edited by eamonhonda; 30-12-12, 16:00.
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

I'm going out to get drunk. Here is the 'going out to get drunk music' that I'm listening to.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The audio is from THE BEST OF ZZ TOP C.D. The image seems appropriate for the song.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaysoose View Post
                                                                  Looking forward to some pretend work tomorrow myself, hoping for some pity from the gaffers and getting sent home earlyish.
                                                                  Amen

Comment

By any chance would anyone have a samsung laptop charger floating about that they dont need. mine is fucked
                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Suarez. Class.

Comment

Comment

Scholes always way under rated in England mainly due to retiring from international football early I think.

Comment

Nice double odds with paddy power there
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                              They were doing that or did I imagine it?

Payed out on 1st scorer but not the second yet.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                yup.

I almost feel dirty, almost

Only double to come up over the weekend for me, though I did take an optimistic Ba over Walcott yesterday. Ba did get two of course, but didn't score the first unfortunately.
                                                                                Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                  They were doing that or did I imagine it?

Payed out on 1st scorer but not the second yet.
                                                                                  They are indeed. Pretty sweet offer
                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

got 9/2 somehow on a Chelsea/pool double
                                                                                      cannot remember placing it so it must have been during my gamble/drink extravacanza
                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                        got 9/2 somehow on a Chelsea/pool double
                                                                                        cannot remember placing it so it must have been during my gamble/drink extravacanza
                                                                                        PP enhanced bet.

Any bbv lunch suggestions for town?, nm early bird now I guess.
                                                                                        Last edited by Denny Crane; 30-12-12, 17:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                          Going to mark down 'trimmed eyebrows' as sufficient work done for today. How do you know what length to trim eyebrows to? Seemed to be a fair bit of cut hair, meaning was either previously sporting old-man-crazy-eyebrows or now have freakishly short eyebrows.
                                                                                          Believe it or not I know the answer to this question.

You wet the tip of your index finger and rub it across the eyebrow against the grain.You should be pushing the hairs towards your hairline.
                                                                                          Then take a scissors and trim off the excess that is above your eyebrrow line.

The reason I know this handy grooming tip is because while I was waiting on a delayed flight in San Juan some kind soul had left a copy of American Esquire there and there was an article on eyebrow grooming.

Also never touch the bottom line of the eyebrow.

Comment

WP QPR fans

'We lose every week, we lose every weeeeeeek, you're nothing special we lose every week'

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                              WP QPR fans

'We lose every week, we lose every weeeeeeek, you're nothing special we lose every week'
                                                                                              That was brilliant tbf
                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

What would you do if you got sick on a strangers child? In public, not drinking or anything. Daytime. More context. On a boat. Last nights Guinness and choppy waters almost forced unscheduled instantaneous evacuation.

Almost happened to me earlier and am trying to figure out what I would have done.
                                                                                                Last edited by Emmet; 30-12-12, 17:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                  What would you do if you got sick on a strangers child? In public, not drinking or anything. Daytime. More context. On a boat. Last nights Guinness and choppy waters almost forced unscheduled instantaneous evacuation.

Almost happened to me earlier and am trying to figure out what I would have done.
                                                                                                  Hit the ground, pretend to have a fit, throw in some Marc Vivian Foe roll eyes for effect. Turn strangers rage into pity.
                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Returning to Dublin. Work tomorrow night, pissing rain. Height of depression.
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

throw in some Marc Vivian Foe roll eyes for effect.
                                                                                                      Oh boy.
                                                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                        Oh boy.
                                                                                                        I know, your vomit laden child is the last thing on your mind at this point.
                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

I know, your vomit laden child is the last thing on your mind at this point.
                                                                                                          Puke on a kid

[x] funny
                                                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Cuchulainn1 View Post
                                                                                                            The reason I know this handy grooming tip is because while I was waiting on a delayed flight in San Juan some kind soul had left a copy of American Esquire there and there was an article on eyebrow grooming.
                                                                                                            Post more often please.

Comment

Best cartoon evar?

Some theme tune too.
                                                                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Puke on a kid

[x] funny
                                                                                                                Unfortunately experience teaches me that the transaction usually occurs in reverse. I look forward to revenge-puking some day.

Also, how does anyone live in the West? Has not stopped raining since we crossed the Shannon.
                                                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Anyone hitting the emporium tonight?
                                                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

...

Comment

Let's cut the crap, Scholes was underrated because he is ginger AINEC.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                        Anyone hitting the emporium tonight?
                                                                                                                        What's the game there? Costs to join there though doesn't it?
                                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Best cartoon evar?

Some theme tune too.
                                                                                                                          No.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X