X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
    nope but I'm sure a few of us could help out
    Got a spare flash key?
    I dont know what a flash key is. Im an idiot re doing stuff in the real world. PM.

Ordered a few of the books yesterday. Cant wait.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
      tempting.
      debating whether to ghost or fresh install with a SSD. I know fresh is better but....I'm a lazy man.
      Fresh install sir if you're running Windows 7 or similar it will only take circa 20 minutes.
      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
        Mildly interesting piece of info that could be related to poker is apparently women are less risk adverse than men with all other things being equal. Therefore we don't have negative marking for MCQ's anymore because for equal knowledge it discriminates against women
        Hilarious. The wimmens still won't fill in the sheet if they don't know the answer as they won't want to look stupid, but the boys will just do enough to barely pass and mark in the rest of the sheet randomly and leave the exam.
        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Ha I wouldnt be the biggest fan of the nurses but thats got nothing to do with that case. your man sounds like a right dick so they obviously made life hard for him
          In fairness Training for IronMans while working the all over the place 70-80 hour weeks Junior doctors work-something had to give.Snappage was assured trying to juggle those 2. No time for any kind of life. Then Ironman seems to attract a strange breed of obsessives in my experience

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
            I had a blog written on this but Boyle censored it and decided it best not go up.

My main points were if Dara felt so strongly about his new position on this issue, that merited a blog. Then why not choose one from one of his 'firm'?

It's not even been topical. Dara took the time to scroll through toms old tweets to write this blog. It's worth noting that when it was topical, he took the side of his 'firm'. A polar opposite stance from the one he currently holds.

It's a cheap and subtle shot, you can draw your own conclusions to the motivations. I personally think discussing the issue of players tweeting comes quite far down the list of motivations.

Dara has become the master at subtly using his blog to manipulate public opinion, throw a dig or a well placed compliment when it suits him. In this case concealing a bizarre and paranoid vendetta in a piece about players tweeting.

Were it not for Daras extensive history with similar paranoid behaviour then I would certainly take your point of view. However these have become all too frequent and Dara is far too intelligent to not know the potential consequences for his actions.

Taking into account how Dara would handle this situation were roles reversed tells me the last thing he cared about was any friendship with Tom.

Man I'm so out of the poker scene.

Is Dara's blog really that powerful?

I mean who's reading it apart from people who already know Tom in real life and therefore have their own opinion on everybody involved in this?

I wouldn't have read it at all only that it was mentioned here by Tom a few times so I went looking for it to get in on the scandal (I realise I am not the target market).

Sorry to be jumping in on the popcorn but does my opinion of Tom change because of what Dara posts, and does my opinion of Dara change because of what Rory say??.....Short answer. It doesn't.

Do the potential sponsors opinions change?? I wouldn't have thought so. Isn't that the only reason you guys have blogs??

Btw I've been a fish in this game for fucking years and I get nothing but abuse from everybody.

Carry on.
            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Blogs lol.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

I mean who's reading it apart from people who already know Tom in real life and therefore have their own opinion on everybody involved in this?

I wouldn't have read it at all only that it was mentioned here by Tom a few times so I went looking for it to get in on the scandal (I realise I am not the target market).

Sorry to be jumping in on the popcorn but does my opinion of Tom change because of what Dara posts, and does my opinion of Dara change because of what Rory say??.....Short answer. It doesn't.

Do the potential sponsors opinions change?? I wouldn't have thought so. Isn't that the only reason you guys have blogs??

Btw I've been a fish in this game for fucking years and I get nothing but abuse from everybody.

Carry on.
                You are right, it's more of a personal issue rather than a public one. I have a good relationship with Dara and will be sure to discuss my feelings with him in person.

Comment

Speaking as a donator I'd much rather be hilariously abused at the tables then be patronised with some trite "GG Sir" bullshit by some guy who thinks hes playing Rafa at Wimbledon to my cluesless starstruck pleb plucked from the crowd. The Fish will keep coming back because they are sick and hunting for the RNLI rescue bink. They will stop coming when their well runs dry. Patronising "Banter" doesnt have anything to do with it

Comment

Oh shit all kicking off in UCD. Good to see the majority siding against the idiots

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                      Speaking as a donator I'd much rather be hilariously abused at the tables then be patronised with some trite "GG Sir" bullshit by some guy who thinks hes playing Rafa at Wimbledon to my cluesless starstruck pleb plucked from the crowd. The Fish will keep coming back because they are sick and hunting for the RNLI rescue bink. They will stop coming when their well runs dry. Patronising "Banter" doesnt have anything to do with it
                      Whats a an RNLI rescue bink. Pretty sure I gots to get me one of those.

Comment

Oh shit all kicking off in UCD. Good to see the majority siding against the idiots
                        Some of the crap being talked on the page for that event is ridiculous. One of the organizers didn't even go so he could distance himself from it to some degree. Same few dopes making the same insane arguments over and over again. They're just loud noise at this stage.

Comment

Who's good for Car Insurance these days, just want to compare/knock down my FBD price if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                            Who's good for Car Insurance these days, just want to compare/knock down my FBD price if possible.
                            I use these guys as my broker. A pleasure to deal with and got me a great deal two years running.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanfox View Post
                              Some of the crap being talked on the page for that event is ridiculous. One of the organizers didn't even go so he could distance himself from it to some degree. Same few dopes making the same insane arguments over and over again. They're just loud noise at this stage.
                              details please you gossiphounds

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                In fairness Training for IronMans while working the all over the place 70-80 hour weeks Junior doctors work-something had to give.Snappage was assured trying to juggle those 2. No time for any kind of life. Then Ironman seems to attract a strange breed of obsessives in my experience
                                If I'm a junior doctor and likely to work long shifts and many of those shifts, and i'm learning a skill where I literally make decisions of life and death, I'd not do iron-Man if that is the kind of effect it has on people.
                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                  The SU invited Enda Kenny to open the new Student Centre. A certain organization in UCD hijacked the event and recruited their members from around Dublin who aren't even in UCD to protest at this. They lied their way into the building so they could throw eggs at him. And the ones who remained outside weren't exactly civil either. On facebook some of the terms being thrown around by these most noble protesters include "Despotic Regime","Vicious Neo-liberal agenda being imposed" and "Class-war".
                                  They're living in la-la-land. Some insane statements.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                    someone threw two eggs at Enda Kenny.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

Carry on.

when I read Dara's blog I thought the tweets were a bit off.

when i found out who wrote the tweets i thought they weren't really the right persons tweets to illustrate the point that was being made, as noone would think they were being made out of malice.

Comment

Why do poker players keep blogs?

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                          to keep the spirit of 2005-2008 alive.

Comment

Originally posted by danutpeddler View Post
                                            Sorry Dave but I'm not buying that apology for one sec!! Those quotes taken out of context make me look like a wanker and Doke knows this well. Come on!!! He double quotes me out of the blue on an issue he had polar oposite opinion on when he has the whole poker world to choose from. And look at some of the language that has been used since, I've been called horrible, classless and douche and so on. I can only guess that it's some sort of sick revenge for

I see that @daraokearney is sporting a tie he rummaged from a clothes bank in tallaght #MiniWSOP

Which to me was friendly banter. Its no secret in the poker world that Doke has unfriended and ostracized many a player who has either disagreed with him or even tried to have some genuine friendly banter with him.

I've always known he has this streak in him and have been careful cause I don't like confrontation but I getting a little sick of my intelligence being insulted and this being played down.

I'm not the person that needs to be the subject of blog on negative behaviour, I know how to act with respect and have great banter with recreational players. I also don't see them with a big dollar sign on their heads!!!!
                                            As a relative newbie to the Irish poker scene, I cannot speak to past issues or arguments you or anyone else may have had with Dara. What I do know is that tweet about his tie is funny and I often say and tweet similarly slaggy things to him and his suit persona etc and he always takes it well, usually with a slag back as per the nature of Irish friendships.

I wanna stay out of this one now as it was not my intention to fan the flames, quite the contrary actually because I simply didn't like to see two blokes I like fighting over something I think is in danger of being blown out of proportion. By that, I am not trying to trivialise how hurt u were by his blog btw. I just know Dara has always regarded u as one of the 'good craic' guys on the circuit or at least to me, that has always been what he has said.
                                            My website and Blog: dklappin.com

Comment

A little part of me says that the answer to that for some people is vanity. Obviously some people genuinely just keep them as a personal log or some are contractually obliged to do it for sites etc but sometimes reading them I kinda get the feeling they may be ego driven. I may be completely wrong, that's just a general view I have.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                Whats a an RNLI rescue bink. Pretty sure I gots to get me one of those.
                                                For me right now about a K. Thatys whats its gonna cost to get my car back on the road anyway. Super timing

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Contractually obligated ?
                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                      No sooner have you put your details into a quote online & you have somebody ringing you. This is great craic bargaining them all down!

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                        someone threw two eggs at Enda Kenny.
                                                        'Someone' eh?
                                                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Top of the page. Woo hoo.

Comment

why did I have IrishCountry.ie open

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

There are two types of people who keep blogs (poker players and non poker players alike).

1. People who want to document a part of their lives and have a keen interest in writing.

2. People who realise that to make money from the internet, you must have a virtual "voice". The more you are heard online, the more perceived authority you gain in whatever niche you exist in. More authority leads to a greater trust factor between you and your readers. This is very beneficial when you decide to sell or endorse a product, as your readership will buy without even thinking. Its marketing 101 and its how you subtlety brainwash your readers and program them into "buyer" mode.

Also its probably true to say that people in category 1 usually turn into category 2 after a while when they realise that they can make money from it.

Comment

any recommendations for somewhere to eat near the O2 cheap and cheerful would be ideal

thanks

Comment

For any of ye that use real butter. What way to you use it?
                                                                  • evenly slice neatly and thinly from the top?
                                                                  • Evenly slice neatly and thinly from the front side?
                                                                  • Dig into it anywhere?
                                                                  • cut off a big lump and melt it in microwave?

Because I got punched for digging into it.
                                                                  My friend must have the neatest real butter block in the country!

So how do you have yours!
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

use a butter dish

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                                      use a butter dish
                                                                      how does that make a difference? you dont spread the dish on your toast??
                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

any recommendations for somewhere to eat near the O2 cheap and cheerful would be ideal

thanks
                                                                        The Ocean Bar off Pearse Street - only about 15 mins walk from the O2. Or Ely at Grand Canal - similar walk from the O2 but a bit more expensive.

What do people think of 101 Talbot or Bon Appetit? I want to have dinner with a few family and friends next week and need somewhere close to the IFSC.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                          For any of ye that use real butter. What way to you use it?
                                                                          • evenly slice neatly and thinly from the top?
                                                                          • Evenly slice neatly and thinly from the front side?
                                                                          • Dig into it anywhere?
                                                                          • cut off a big lump and melt it in microwave?

Because I got punched for digging into it.
                                                                          My friend must have the neatest real butter block in the country!

So how do you have yours!
                                                                          Does he hit you regularly?

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                            'Someone' eh?
                                                                            PM me with details

Comment

how does that make a difference? you dont spread the dish on your toast??
                                                                              butter is soft in a butter dish (as long as its not kept in the fridge) so you can spread it anywayz you like. Only put about what you need for a day in the dish at a time as the butter will take on too many flavours if you put the whole lot in the dish.
                                                                              48

Comment

Does he hit you regularly?
                                                                                It was a female that delivered the punch !
                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

This is a quote from the Time interview with Mosri the guy who this week appointed himself dictatorial powers and is rushing an Islamic constitution through parliament that includes stuff that Prohibits criticism of prophets and removes existing rights of Equality for women.

We can cooperate, we can integrate. As much as we can. How can we do that? I think leaders in the world have a great responsibility in this. Human beings can live together.

I remember a movie. Which one? ‘Planet of the Apes.’ The old version, not the new one. There is new one. Which is different. Not so good. It’s not expressing the reality as it was the first one. But at the end, I still remember, this is the conclusion: When the big monkey, he was head of the supreme court I think — in the movie! — and there was a big scientist working for him, cleaning things, has been chained there. And it was the planet of the apes after the destructive act of a big war, and atomic bombs and whatever in the movie. And the scientists was asking him to do something, this was 30 years ago: “Don’t forget you are a monkey.” He tells him, “Don’t ask me about this dirty work.” What did the big ape, the monkey say? He said, “You’re human, you did it [to] yourself.” That’s the conclusion. Can we do something better for ourselves?
                                                                                  He had popular support as the only cogent anti Mubarak force but if he pushes this through This could end up being a huge mess maybe a civil war
                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

'Someone' eh?
                                                                                    I don't know (nor care) who it was, hence "someone"

Comment

It was a female that delivered the punch !
                                                                                      I'm not judging you.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                        The Ocean Bar off Pearse Street - only about 15 mins walk from the O2. Or Ely at Grand Canal - similar walk from the O2 but a bit more expensive.

What do people think of 101 Talbot or Bon Appetit? I want to have dinner with a few family and friends next week and need somewhere close to the IFSC.
                                                                                        The Ocean Bar has gone to shit since the change of ownership and staff.

Comment

shite tnx V4V
                                                                                          48

Comment

I don't know (nor care) who it was, hence "someone"
                                                                                            Alright already, no need to get over egg cited.

Comment

actually for both, what abut the Boat on the docks?

Comment

Alright already, no need to get over egg cited.
                                                                                                don't start the puns. seriously.

Comment

The chicks must love this hard boiled attitude you have. My puns aren't egg sausted yet so live with it.

Comment

shite tnx V4V
                                                                                                    No bother.

I was a big fan as it was cheap and comfy and a step up over the cafes in the region.

Wandered in for lunch the other day meeting a former colleague. New waiter, new much shorter menu. Too late to leave so we decide to see how we get on.

Over 30 minutes later still no food during a very unbusy lunch service. Ask the waiter about the food and he says we're behind a table of 5 even though they ordered after us. No hint of an apology forthcoming.

6-8 covers seemed to be total gridlock to this kid from a menu with a max of 18 food items.

We got up and left obv.

It should change hands again in about 6 months...

Comment

Icky has your head scrambled.
                                                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                        Icky has your head scrambled.
                                                                                                        Hens fourth there'll be no more punage from me. But will everyone else do likewise? that is the quichetion.

Comment

Every left winger in UCD supporting the attempted assault on Enda Kenny. Everyone else with an ounce of common sense disgusted over the act. Childish immature idiots that completely undermine anyone who can make a legitimate case against current government policies

Comment

Hens fourth there'll be no more punage from me. But will everyone else do likewise? that is the quichetion.
                                                                                                            I'll take that oath too, not too sure about that Mic-shell one though...
                                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Where were the eggs aimed? Were they Fried at his head?
                                                                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Every left winger in UCD supporting the attempted assault on Enda Kenny. Everyone else with an ounce of common sense disgusted over the act. Childish immature idiots that completely undermine anyone who can make a legitimate case against current government policies
                                                                                                                assault and battery (hens).

lol assault.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                  I'll take that oath too, not too sure about that Mic-shell one though...
                                                                                                                  Or Hatchiker.

Comment

assault and battery (hens).

lol assault.
                                                                                                                    Of course it was assault it shouldn't even need Kayroo to clarify that

Comment

Fancy students with extra cash for eggs to throw around. In my day every spare cent was saved for booze and it was a lot cheaper back then.

Clearly high fees will sort this out.

Funny thought that there would be a hard line right wing element in UCD disgusted about this. Kinda had all students down as lefty feed the poor and save the whale types.

My advice is to look for the most vegetarian\ vegan looking girl supporting this and ask her why she feels that the lives of 2 chickens is worth the making of this statement. Once you have her attention and have made her feel stupid suggest going for a coffee to talk it out and ride her.

Comment

It's the same auld anti-left argument with you lot ova and ova.

Comment

Students in badly thought out revolt protest shocker. Was old news when I was in College 20 years ago, good to see we haven't progressed too far yet.

Edit - after seeing what you are talking about, even we weren't that bad & the likes of StrewelPeters lot were better than us so progression is probably teh(sic) wrong word
                                                                                                                          & yes I appreciate the irony of being to College & using "sic" incorrectly but just making a point
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Dice75; 29-11-12, 16:46.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X