X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
      If you could choose to have your normy work contract terminated and get the accumulative total of the remaining wages for say the next 3 years handed to you, but it also was public knowledge that you lost the job due to gross incompetence that would potentially harm future employment chances, would you do it?
      If you lost a job through gross incompetence, there's no way you could keep that a secret given the networked nature of our world. So take the money is the no-brainer answer.

Now tell us what you did.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        CGI generated image of Robert De Niro. Once the CGI folk work out how to do movements realistically, we've got a race of immortal actors on our hands.

(spoilered for biggedness)

SPOILER
        I'm hoping it turns out that its been the CGI Robert De Niro appearing in pretty much everything he's been in since Heat nand that the real one is locked in a basement somewhere . Would explain a lot. Caught a bit of the 3rd fokkers film last night where Ben Stller was jabbing a syringe into an erect bob , How the mighty have fallen

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
          Ya I know what your saying but it was not really even two nights it was one long session. I went back to a house and then to the pub before 9am. It is affecting my study and if I was working it would no doubt do the same.
          Does this consitute problem drinking on a bank holiday weekend for people in their 20's now. Hardly seems like one of historys greatest debauches to me but if you think it is becoming a problem when the hangover and fear clears than it probably is a problem.

Instead of trying to study you should go for a quick run - 30 or 40 minuites should do it, cold shower and drink some juice. You should feel better in an hour or 2.

If you still think its a problem on thursday than change it but if you jsut need a hug than rigger will be right over

Comment

How can people not realise that The Situation was referring to the Moyes situation?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
              How can people not realise that The Situation was referring to the Moyes situation?
              I've probably given cause for people to believe that gross incompetence in my workplace is a distinct possibility
              Profit before people.

Comment

RichieM serving it up on a bank holiday Tuesday. Good times.

Comment

Went for lunch with a mate of mine who is a united fan. Funny explaining to him how Rodgers would not be interested in leaving Liverpool to move to United.

Reasons I used were going to be premiership champions, champions league football, better squad with more potential in its youth, Suarez not rooney and Sturidge not welbeck, functioning defense and better yank ownership even if similarly a bit tight and business minded when it comes to the check book.

His reasons of but United are United, global recognition and club history. Crazy united fans. looking forward to laughing as manager after manager denies rumours and counts themselves out to be followed once they finally make an appointment to city and chelsea spite buying anyone they look at transferwise.

As a long suffering spurs fan I say welcome to our level

Comment

Not worthy of a TR, but Mayfield in Terenure is a savage spot for brunch. Tortelly yammay bans dorling as rachel would say
                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                      If you could choose to have your normy work contract terminated and get the accumulative total of the remaining wages for say the next 3 years handed to you, but it also was public knowledge that you lost the job due to gross incompetence that would potentially harm future employment chances, would you do it?
                      Originally posted by mocata View Post
                      Not worthy of a TR, but Mayfield in Terenure is a savage spot for brunch. Tortelly yammay bans dorling as rachel would say
                      as a d6 eater, happy to hear of any recommendations in the area!
                      GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                        If in D4, twitter@pressdublin

Comment

What if Moysies was just involved in some massive stock shorting scam?

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                          Does this consitute problem drinking on a bank holiday weekend for people in their 20's now. Hardly seems like one of historys greatest debauches to me but if you think it is becoming a problem when the hangover and fear clears than it probably is a problem.

Instead of trying to study you should go for a quick run - 30 or 40 minuites should do it, cold shower and drink some juice. You should feel better in an hour or 2.

If you still think its a problem on thursday than change it but if you jsut need a hug than rigger will be right over
                          few cuddles
                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Had my first Boojum experience today. Don't eat much Mexican but this place may just change that.

Comment

Jose parking his bus tonight.

Also best black pudding I've being able to buy in the shop so far

Last edited by RasTa; 22-04-14, 18:46.
                              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Well, shite.
                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

In Ranelagh for brunch, in order of preference

Forest Avenue - tasting menu, lots of unusual stuff, was very impressed. They seem a bit scattered in there, eg didn't have any orange juice, so don't go if you're in a rush. Need to book.

Cinnamon - Always good food, can be v busy and full of kids at times

Dillingers - only here once, food was v good probably better than Cinnamon, but below that as fairly pricey and the waitress wrote on the bill in big letters "SERVICE NOT INCLUDED", not very classy I'd imagine she was doing fine in tips without resorting to that

Rigbys - decent food, have a nice garden place to sit in out the back

Door41 - fairly standard fare

And from a sample of 1 visit:
                                  Hobarts - Forgettable

Peperina - nice place but skimpy portion (1 piece of toast with a fry, ffs), and full of screaming kids on my only visit there

La Reserve Brasserie - not overly impressed

Itsa - they managed to mess up a cream cheese and bacon bagel, somehow

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post

Also best black pudding I've being able to buy in the shop so far

Best pudding

Comment

Jane Russell imo

Black Pudding macaroons

Comment

Originally posted by HiCloy View Post
                                        In Ranelagh for brunch, in order of preference

Dillingers - only here once, food was v good probably better than Cinnamon, but below that as fairly pricey and the waitress wrote on the bill in big letters "SERVICE NOT INCLUDED", not very classy I'd imagine she was doing fine in tips without resorting to that
                                        Not a hope in hell I would have given her a tip after that.

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                          Not a hope in hell I would have given her a tip after that.
                                          yep that would be the deciding factor for me. Well played love, you are not worthy of my spare change (unless bronze, just to piss you off)

And i presume you just forgot to mention the wings in tribeca with the presumption everyone knows this place?
                                          If so, you're forgiven
                                          (fwiw i prefer canal bank to tribeca. both > elephant & castle)
                                          GAA News Website

Comment

Moyes has a new job with Sky already. He fits his first dish tomorrow.
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

yep that would be the deciding factor for me. Well played love, you are not worthy of my spare change (unless bronze, just to piss you off)

And i presume you just forgot to mention the wings in tribeca with the presumption everyone knows this place?
                                              If so, you're forgiven
                                              (fwiw i prefer canal bank to tribeca. both > elephant & castle)
                                              Ivy house in drumcondra if ya can venture up north for wings.

I remember in San fran on a bill they had 10% 15% and 20% broken down on bottom and waitress had ringed the 20% about 50 times. Sure way to get 0%.
                                              airport, lol

Comment

This has been some shite match. Jose back on form.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                  This has been some shite match. Jose back on form.
                                                  If I were a Chelsea fan I'd be well happy in fairness.

All that's missing is nicking a goal. Pretty impressive away SF preformance considering missing Hazard & Eto'o too (arguably their two biggest attacking threats)

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                    If I were a Chelsea fan I'd be well happy in fairness.

All that's missing is nicking a goal. Pretty impressive away SF preformance considering missing Hazard & Eto'o too (arguably their two biggest attacking threats)
                                                    If I'd paid in at the gate, I'd be looking for my money back. Entertainment quotient of about 2/10, plus the usual soul-shrinking cheating antics from both sets of players. Boo.

Comment

If I'd paid in at the gate, I'd be looking for my money back. Entertainment quotient of about 2/10, plus the usual soul-shrinking cheating antics from both sets of players. Boo.
                                                      I take it you didn't watch most of Italia '90 so either!

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

I remember in San fran on a bill they had 10% 15% and 20% broken down on bottom and waitress had ringed the 20% about 50 times. Sure way to get 0%.
                                                        Ah, I wouldn't do that in America, except maybe if I'd actually seen them spit on my food. 10% is considered a pretty strong go fuck yourself.
                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Ivy house in drumcondra if ya can venture up north for wings.

across from St Pats?

Must try it next time in croker for something different
                                                          GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                            I take it you didn't watch most of Italia '90 so either!
                                                            I do remember turning the tv off before half-time in the final. Even at that tender age, I had romantic notions that sport was meant to be entertaining.

Comment

across from St Pats?

Must try it next time in croker for something different
                                                              Yeah that's the one, good grub
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Are those wings spicy? I hate nothing more than bland wings. Spicy in lovely buffalo sauce is hard to beat. I love chicken wings.

Comment

Woman 'steals' chicken goujons in Dunnes during shift and gets 8k for unfair dismissal. Manager installed security cameras to catch her stealing wedges and goujons lol

Comment

I do remember turning the tv off before half-time in the final. Even at that tender age, I had romantic notions that sport was meant to be entertaining.
                                                                    Yup thats what sport is for, apparently there was an entertaining game of soccer somewhere a couple of weeks ago.

Was that guy cited for the off the ball elbow the other night?
                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                      Was that guy cited for the off the ball elbow the other night?
                                                                      Apparently he will be tomorrow, and will face a 4 game ban if found guilty.

Comment

The Cheese Pantry is far superior to The Ivy House for grub in my humble opinion...
                                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

tom loves chicken wings

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                            Are those wings spicy? I hate nothing more than bland wings. Spicy in lovely buffalo sauce is hard to beat. I love chicken wings.
                                                                            Not.typical hot sauce wings but def not bland!
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

...

Comment

New thread title needed imo.

Comment

had a bad saturday with sales this weekend ie easter obv, manager on hols going mad and was saying ah here fuck this I am coming back. I went mad and told him cop on and enjoy his time off and give me a chance to put it back on track today, give me a chance to shine in my head obv!

Had a team meeting this morning and had a great relaxing meeting with no pressure , and told them I would really appreciate it if they helped me to hit target took the 3 weak reps with me all day and boom what a day we had! thrilled , text them all tonight and told them thanks a million and 'I was thrilled and could we have more of that tomorrow.

I will hit target if he leaves me at it!

he then text he might come back tomorrow, im disgusted . really want to be given the week to prove myself
                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                      New thread title needed imo.
                                                                                      Bad beat/Moan/Venting Thread - night crew come back
                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                        had a bad saturday with sales this weekend ie easter obv, manager on hols going mad and was saying ah here fuck this I am coming back. I went mad and told him cop on and enjoy his time off and give me a chance to put it back on track today, give me a chance to shine in my head obv!

Had a team meeting this morning and had a great relaxing meeting with no pressure , and told them I would really appreciate it if they helped me to hit target took the 3 weak reps with me all day and boom what a day we had! thrilled , text them all tonight and told them thanks a million and 'I was thrilled and could we have more of that tomorrow.

I will hit target if he leaves me at it!

he then text he might come back tomorrow, im disgusted . really want to be given the week to prove myself
                                                                                        He sounds like a "things will fall apart without me" knob. We had a manager like that in work, very briefly. Just keep doing what you're doing cos it's obv working and show him you can get results, frustrating and all as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                                                                                          He sounds like a "things will fall apart without me" knob. We had a manager like that in work, very briefly. Just keep doing what you're doing cos it's obv working and show him you can get results, frustrating and all as it is.
                                                                                          Ah he is sound out, have great time for him. its his first time in a mangers role so can understand. I just want the next 2 days on my own doing it is all! I know I can do it.
                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                              heh that #myNYPD story is most excellent. Hashtag > Top tweets > Photos
                                                                                              I can do better

posted on twitter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP8BmtErwHY
                                                                                              Last edited by SatNav; 22-04-14, 22:28.
                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                                Woman 'steals' chicken goujons in Dunnes during shift and gets 8k for unfair dismissal. Manager installed security cameras to catch her stealing wedges and goujons lol

it's pretty lol but you have to inform staff of the new camera.... heard a story where a company put a camera into the kitchen area of a canteen to stop damage and thieft of equipment and they caught a person stealing from the till.... they were going to sack her but when they checked with IBEC they couldnt touch her as they didnt inform staff of the new camera

Funny old world this business law lark!!

Comment

Anyone else ever mess around with the hyperreal number system/ nonstandard reals. Was actually afraid to google it, as it wrecked my head a long time ago. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperreal_number

Probably was a good thing that the internet wasn't around back then, and you often had to wait a few weeks for a book to arrive from another library. I remember ordering this one, think it took 6 weeks to arrive http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Element...simal_Approach
                                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                                                    it's pretty lol but you have to inform staff of the new camera.... heard a story where a company put a camera into the kitchen area of a canteen to stop damage and thieft of equipment and they caught a person stealing from the till.... they were going to sack her but when they checked with IBEC they couldnt touch her as they didnt inform staff of the new camera

Funny old world this business law lark!!
                                                                                                    Employment law is stacked HEAVILY in favour of employees. In all but the rarest of circumstances you can never "fire someone on the spot".

Yet another reason why Unions need a dramatic overhaul of their approach as they are antiquated and unfit for purpose. Truly dreadful institutions now, long past their usefulness. Reports on teachers' unions making a show of themselves today exemplifies this.
                                                                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Jamican Daggering with commentary by good oul JR
                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

...

Comment

Adverts starting charging for selling things over 30E, increasing as the sale price does.

EDIT: this is actually calculated based on listing price, not final price agreed.
                                                                                                          Not sure how that is workable? People leaving ads as unsold and so on?
                                                                                                          Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 22-04-14, 23:52.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                              Get used to the winning way you Sky era winner picker bastard.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Just watching the ept london programme there and Vicky Coren is the second most annoying person I have seen on televised poker. Only beaten to the punch by Hevad Kahn!

Comment

Just watching the ept london programme there and Vicky Coren is the second most annoying person I have seen on televised poker. Only beaten to the punch by Hevad Kahn!
                                                                                                                    She ain't stupid though.

Like you when it comes to United.

Comment

he was a hero

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                                        She ain't stupid though.

Like you when it comes to United.
                                                                                                                        liv chlz nxt wknd. dbln twn. b thr

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                                                                          liv chlz nxt wknd. dbln twn. b thr
                                                                                                                          Bst f lck wth tht.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X