Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we had the last one 7th July 2013, so I am thinking more or less the same weekend and venue again this year! sat 5th July
    Her sky-ness
    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      Its such a great song, this is my favourite version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ2DdrTPY58
      I hadn't heard that version before. Love it.

Reminded me of an argument I had with a waiter, in New York, in 1988, who insisted that Costello was Irish. So bizarre that such an easily resolvable argument nowadays, could only be left in an angry limbo back then
      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

See more from Britain's Got Talent at http://itv.com/talentNot only can illusionist Darcy make doves appear out of nowhere, he also has an even bigger trick ...

Opr

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Anyone got some begineers guides to setting up xbmc? Would it be what I need to watch game of thrones live tonight and in good quality?

Would it also do the trick for watching all types of sports? Feel like cancelling my sports package

Comment

This dude broke me up....

This is me on Russell Howard's Good News.Twitter: @BobbyMairFacebook: www.facebook.com/bobbymair
              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

^He has been on 8 out of 10 cats a few times and worked some of those jokes word for word into the show.

Love the Fugees song ' Ready or not' Naz had Lauryn Hill come out to do a version of it with him at Coachella tonight. Give anything to be in that crowd.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

Great day for poker. Haters, you may commence your hatin'.
                  One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

great game in MLB going on. comeback, controversy etc etc

Go RedSox

Great game which went to last innings and even then it was some craic as guy on 3rd base went for winning run turned back, went again and turned back and with bad fielding went 3rd time and won game

baseball is great for late night tv viewing ..............
                    Last edited by TheDrunkenOne; 21-04-14, 02:54.

Comment

Comment

Finally got round to watching The Great Beauty over the weekend, one of the best films I've seen for years.
                        Last edited by The C Kid; 21-04-14, 08:27.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                          Did it not come out that it pretty much looks like he did it? Seemingly Bob Dylan stopped singing the song?

I could be wrong or maybe it's some conspiracy bullshit but remember reading it before.
                          [] Citation needed
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

GoT - book spoiler... kind of, or not. I dunno whatever but

SPOILER
                            What the fuck are they doing with Jamie.

Comment

Great day for poker. Haters, you may commence your hatin'.
                              this is her second EPT, is it not?
                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                this is her second EPT, is it not?
                                97 previous EPT winners and she would have been my 95th pick to be the first 2 time winner. Lol poker

Comment

Anyone in the greater London area tomorrow and fancies going out as far as Maidstone by 6.30 pm to attend a recording of weeks Later with Jools let me know and I can organise a ticket.... maybe its a pair not cert a in about that

Comment

Anyone in the greater London area tomorrow and fancies going out as far as Maidstone by 6.30 pm to attend a recording of weeks Later with Jools let me know and I can organise a ticket.... maybe its a pair not cert a in about that
                                    Sounds like that'd be right up Elshambles street (not saying that he lives in Maidstone obv).

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                      Sounds like that'd be right up Elshambles street (not saying that he lives in Maidstone obv).
                                      Yea I'd sent him a PM.

Comment

Various UK papers reporting Moyes has been sacked. I wanted him to stay forever.
                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Various UK papers reporting Moyes has been sacked. I wanted him to stay forever.
                                          Just spotted that now on twitter. The Guardian speculating that LVG, Klopp, Blanc and Simeone are the main contenders to replace him. I wonder if they'd hit Everton again and nab Martinez. This is a big challenge to the new manager. No Champion's league revenue or pulling power for players. Plenty of players will get gate too this summer. Big reconstruction of the squad for sure.

Comment

Henry Winter reporting that Giggs is to be the long term successor. That would be a surprising and quite funny move at this point.

Comment

Henry Winter reporting that Giggs is to be the long term successor. That would be a surprising and quite funny move at this point.
                                              Would be very annoying considering I spent 4 years backing him at all sorts of odds. Why couldn't Fergie have held on for another year so I could have retired with him

Comment

Rash move from utd, sure they beat Newcastle a few weeks ago
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Hoping 1 rumour is true and the other is not!

Comment

It was Days of Wine and Roses whilst it lasted. * wipes tear *

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Mourinho to be sacked by Chelski and to become next United manager. Odds plz.
                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                          Mourinho to be sacked by Chelski and to become next United manager. Odds plz.
                                                          If you were the one offering odds you'd give about 5/4 I'd say, but you probably want about 50/1 now.

Comment

If you were the one offering odds you'd give about 5/4 I'd say, but you probably want about 50/1 now.
                                                            He was allegedly very hurt not to be considered last year. One thing the whole mess does do is cast massive doubt on Ferguson's judgement of managers.
                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Well he's 40/1 to be next United manager

Comment

No chance he will be sacked unless himself and Abramovich fall out. Not too much chance of that and if he left for United Abramovich would have the KGB kill him.

Believing Mourinho cried about not getting the manyoo job and possibly taking it now is as laughable as Uniteds season.

He will only want that job if the next manager or two fail and the club is consistently a CL club again. Awaken the sleeping giant they might become.

Their defence is fucked and needs a massive overhaul, central midfield needs an addition or two , they have average wingers and a positionally confused captain on 300k p/w.

Unless he's given Ronaldo and 200M he's going nowhere.

Chelsea just need a class striker. Why leave a near complete squad for a mess of a club with an over rated crap squad.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                  Why leave a near complete squad for a mess of a club
                                                                  What ever about the rest of your post, this bit is crazy. One of the best run clubs in the world. Everything about United is to the highest standards.

I don't see Mourinho managing United though obviously.
                                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                        Everything about United is to the highest standards.
                                                                        Apart from all the players. And the management. Nice portion of the fans....etc
                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Well I can't take these tickets so if anyone else wants them it looks like they are still up for grabs!

Comment

On United:

I've wanted Moyes gone for a while now. I think I'd say Fulham was the straw for me, I would have been sceptical but not vocal before that game. After it however I think it was obvious, to me anyway, that Moyes was out of his depth in all facets of top of the game management.

There's a few things I think are going to happen some because of the timing, some because of the current dearth of top quality managers and some because of the place United are currently in. Funnily enough, the manager situation will now be very similar to the midfield issue they've had for years. Lack of availability of people of the required attributes and ability.

I don't see the next manager being hired to start their own dynasty, I think its going to be a 2 year project to steady the ship and get CL football back and then re evaluate. The World cup will have a net negative effect on both the strengthening of the squad and the hunt for a new manager. Here's hoping that Woodward has learned from his mistakes and is, professionally and quietly getting things done behind the scenes.

Some of the names being thrown around for the next manager are interesting but I think the main issue here is that the Glazers are going to want to have someone experienced and consistent before they hand over 200m. People like Klopp, Simeone, Giggs are straight away out of the picture when thats taken into consideration.

I think Hiddink would be my ideal choice but that isn't going to happen. Ancellotti would be a solid choice but Van Gaal, although a bit old school, is the likely one I think.

Interesting times ahead.
                                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

What ever about the rest of your post, this bit is crazy. One of the best run clubs in the world. Everything about United is to the highest standards.

Footballing part of the business is a mess. That's the important part.

Comment

Lol at Yanited fans that said they didn't want Mourinho last summer.
                                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                  Footballing part of the business is a mess. That's the important part.
                                                                                  Cannot disagree.

Comment

They should job share the top job, public service style. Any sh!t the manager may have to answer for he(or she) just needs to say i wasnt here on saturday and x isnt back till tuesday.

Comment

Shocking that this City side didn't run away with the league not to mind looking like they won't win it at all.
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

is it possible to get a copy of P60s for a few years back 2010, 11 and 12. I need them and cant find them anywhere!
                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                              is it possible to get a copy of P60s for a few years back 2010, 11 and 12. I need them and cant find them anywhere!
                                                                                              Your employer during those years will give you a copy.
                                                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

...

Comment

He has to be taking the piss?
                                                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Van Gaal would be a great appointment imo. He'd get ye back in the CL and be the man for clearing out some of the weaker elements of the squad and sorting the midfield issue.
                                                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Didn't know these British Pathe bits had been put on youtube

Sinn Fein rising - Liberty Hall - part 1. Dublin in the Republic of Ireland / Eire.Easter Rebellion in Dublin; 1916. Opens with title frame: Liberty Hall - t...

Sinn Fein rising - Liberty Hall - part 2. Dublin in the Republic of Ireland / Eire.Sinn Fein rising. Pathe's listing says that's what it is; anyway; with 191...

not sure what I find most bizarre, though it's somewhere between the bits being recorded at all, and that they didn't get destroyed by accident sometime along the way.

Comment

...

Comment

I have a sore arm , thumb, and left ankle after this weekend . I got so much done, I am thrilled. Got the decking stained railings glossed as its now 12 years old and it was in absolute bits! A whole wall painted white. Bought new table and chairs, planted flowers in pots.

If I did head to Dublin for the IO, I would be here now suffering very badly with DTs and deffo down at least 500 quid! Also backed the winner of the grand national today. been a great weekend!

painted the wall after this pic was taken

SPOILER
                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

glolm
                                                                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                Shocking that this City side didn't run away with the league not to mind looking like they won't win it at all.
                                                                                                                They are surely value at 5/1 to win O/R irrespective of the teams to be played in the run in or the Chelsea team fielded at Anfield. One slip up from pool and that price changes to 1/8.

Comment

Game Boy "born" 25 years ago today (discontinued 11 years ago!)

Jaysus, makes you feel old.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                    I have a sore arm , thumb, and left ankle after this weekend . I got so much done, I am thrilled.
                                                                                                                    I have a sore foreskin, from excessive masturbation. Four day weekends really allow me to overdo it. Just found the Neutrogena, though it's at least 24 hours too late. Ah, better late than never.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                                      I have a sore foreskin, from excessive masturbation. Four day weekends really allow me to overdo it. Just found the Neutrogena, though it's at least 24 hours too late. Ah, better late than never.
                                                                                                                      You need to be circumcised
                                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Oh Selby. Just lol.

edit : Opponent fouls last red on table. Selby nominates pink ball, rolls it to cushion and snookers behind black. Referee points out it wasn't actually a free ball and its a 6 point penalty.
                                                                                                                        Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 21-04-14, 21:10.

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X