This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
    get out of here with your semi rational slant on things.
    That's racist!
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

My computer is running a bit slow these days, it's not serious but it tends to lag a bit after a few hours of use, especially with flash based stuff. Is there anything i can do to improve its performance? I plan on buying a new one in a few months anyway. I run cccleaner and malware bytes from time to time.

Comment

Closing Sheep entries at midnight http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...903#post586903

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
          I have been asked to point out by a poster who shall remain nameless but has a high 4 figure post count, that there is no such thing as a Stags Party, that it is a Stag Party.
          Please rectify this in future posts, as you are lifetilting him.
          If that's the case, i will continue to call it a Stags Party until said poster makes it into 5 figures

oh, and nothing tilts 90% of posters here more than the oul there vs their debate that he's soooooooooooooo guilty of :P

Comment

@ Downtown, Summer Heights High is pretty funny. Not feeling the whole Ja'mie character tho, the other 2 are excellent

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
              If that's the case, i will continue to call it a Stags Party until said poster makes it into 5 figures

oh, and nothing tilts 90% of posters here more than the oul there vs their debate that he's soooooooooooooo guilty of :P
              Re the venue of the stag.

Depends on what you are looking for. Cafe en Seine is kinda full of stuck up ass holes and a slightly older crowd. Seems to be favored by foreigners as well. Korean and Eastern European women especially. Music is your typical Rhianna and the odd 80's throwback to Bon Jovi or some such. Bar is shocking small near the downstairs dance floor and the dance floor it self is shit. The main bar is huge but people crowd around it like it's handing out free booze hard to get served on a busy night. Not the worst place in Dublin by far.

The Palace is a bit more younger crowd but not the 18 year olds some people are saying. Think 20-25. Most people in there are Irish. Bit bigger than the other place I think. Seemed that way anyway. 10er in the door and Polish Damo lookalikes everywhere doing security. Bar is much bigger but understaffed. Lot of people as well that are trying too hard, think Geordie Shore/Tallafornia. Women got mad sloppy in there at the stroke of 1ish. Music in here was better. Less of the wedding DJ malarky than the other place.

No fights in either place so can't fault either there on that. Like I said early depends on what you like. Hope that helped a little.

Comment

Can someone with an Itunes account do me a favour? I need this song, DJ Vadim - The Terrorist (MIR Crew Remix)

Its 99c

I can't use the store because I have a laser card, which they don't use, and a moneybookers credit card which they won't accept because its not Irish.

Ill send the person a euro or donate it to charity or whatever

so tilting

Comment

The Palace IS mainly full of kids, felt old the last couple of times I was there and I'm 24. Downstairs area with the pool tables is grand though.
                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                    Can someone with an Itunes account do me a favour? I need this song, DJ Vadim - The Terrorist (MIR Crew Remix)

Its 99c

I can't use the store because I have a laser card, which they don't use, and a moneybookers credit card which they won't accept because its not Irish.

Ill send the person a euro or donate it to charity or whatever

so tilting
                    I'll sort ya out if you still need it, PM me there with an email or where ever you need it sent.
                    "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

love a bit of olympics weightlifting

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                        @ Downtown, Summer Heights High is pretty funny. Not feeling the whole Ja'mie character tho, the other 2 are excellent
                        Ya I sort of got hooked - well I've ep 4 lined up for later. Still don't think it can stand up to a lot of the series' out there but I'm a sucker for not committing to shows so 8 episodes is great in my view!

Comment

Is there an Olympics highlights on at night on RTE or BBC?

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                            Is there an Olympics highlights on at night on RTE or BBC?
                            BBC do a very extensive one, bout 90 mins long

Comment

tres bon

Comment

It's just phenomenal. The technique required in the Snatch and Clean and Jerk is insane, and the flexibility and agility to perform the movements. That's before you even bother thinking about getting that strong.
                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                  I have been asked to point out by a poster who shall remain nameless but has a high 4 figure post count, that there is no such thing as a Stags Party, that it is a Stag Party.
                                  Please rectify this in future posts, as you are lifetilting him.
                                  Lol, how did you get landed with being his spokesman?
                                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                    tres bon

I bet Phantom Lord will love it, and come in here waxing lyrical about how good the production on it is!
                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Strewelpeter can feck off. Jeez.
                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

My Olympic hero award today is shared by the GBR mens Gymnastics team for ending a 100 year wait for a medal in gymnastics mens team event for the host country. The last round was especially gripping viewing and most enjoyable.

And sharing it with Team GBR is mr Anon for this very kind gesture which is especially nice to read considering the whole debacle around empty seats
                                        A man has offered his spare Olympic seats to a couple who travelled from Australia to watch the boxing but found their original tickets were fakes.

Ann and Graham Smith travelled to London from the Gold Coast in east Australia, but found their tickets had been bought from a bogus website.

After reading their story, a man from south-west London, who wants to remain anonymous, contacted the couple. Mr Smith said: "I'm overwhelmed by his generosity."

Comment

Should give it to Vivian some day.
                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                            My Olympic hero award today
                                            Anyone have any more info on the fencing controversy? Didn't get to see any of it, though I think it should get third runners up for lots of crying
                                            The South Korea fencer Shin A-lam was in floods of tears at the ExCeL arena on Monday night after arguably the biggest controversy of the Olympics so far
                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

minor crisis - was away in Achill on holidays last week and didn't get my fix of Gold Rush. Can anybody point me in the direction of last weeks episode from discovery? preferably in a stream/non download format? I think it is Se2 Ep12 or maybe ep14 - dont know really? TY TY
                                              Cliffs:

Idiots with beards who don't really know what they are doing fuck up the Alaskan landscape in a vein attapt to fufill "The American Dream'. They throw their safety helmets to the floor, shout at eachother, break something and spend most of their remaining roll trying to fix it.

Comment

Change Strewelpeter's name to Abe ''SP'' Simpson imo

Comment

the oul there vs their debate P
                                                  There is a debate?

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                  Strewelpeter can feck off. Jeez.
                                                  Hehehehe

Thats only my second best score... this week

I got ASQUINT for 163 against a lad who beats me 9/10 and I still only won by 10
                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

minor crisis - was away in Achill on holidays last week and didn't get my fix of Gold Rush. Can anybody point me in the direction of last weeks episode from discovery? preferably in a stream/non download format? I think it is Se2 Ep12 or maybe ep14 - dont know really? TY TY
                                                      Use the putlocker or sockshare links.

GRA
                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Did you go to mastertons at all when you were there?

Comment

My computer is running a bit slow these days, it's not serious but it tends to lag a bit after a few hours of use, especially with flash based stuff. Is there anything i can do to improve its performance? I plan on buying a new one in a few months anyway. I run cccleaner and malware bytes from time to time.
                                                          My laptop the same last week, fan constantly on, taking an age for pages to open etc, i stuck the vaccum cleaner on the air vents and cleaned the dust from it, been like a new machine since then.
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Eyes were out in d1 for guy in Meath jersey with white overcoat and stethoscope around the neck. No sign. Ears were out for "hello youtube" . No luck there either assume BK gave it a miss
                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                              Eyes were out in d1 for guy in Meath jersey with white overcoat and stethoscope around the neck. No sign. Ears were out for "hello youtube" . No luck there either assume BK gave it a miss
                                                              All you have to do to find him is look for Wayne Rooney.

Comment

He's probably busy eating a bag of salt, wrapping himself in clingfilm, cycling around his gaff

Comment

Anyone know Ross Glacken?
                                                                  Worked for PP and for a time: Betdaq.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                    Enough with the spoilers, as slight as they may be!

It was really annoying this morning, as all spoilered items show up on my phone. Have to say I did enjoy the latest episode of The Newsroom.

I can remember 20 years ago, that I would have known who the newsreaders were on RTE/BBC/UTV and C4. I couldn't even guess at a single one now. Makes the whole show pretty lame, though that could be just me.

Comment

RIP Meave Binchy... the cleanest Irish writer ever; the only modern author the nuns allowed in our school library outside of the classics and factual books of info...

Comment

I was there alright Table 5 seat 9

Fun tourney. We had a russian sounding looper on our table that seemed like he wanted to pick a fight with everyone - the dealer actually had to ask him to stop touching her as he was getting aggravated over some chip miscount thing. nice guy....

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                          I was there alright Table 5 seat 9

Fun tourney. We had a russian sounding looper on our table that seemed like he wanted to pick a fight with everyone - the dealer actually had to ask him to stop touching her as he was getting aggravated over some chip miscount thing. nice guy....
                                                                          I was wondering what was going on there i was on table 6. 3 bet with QQ only hand i seen all night called by a genius with k 10 i folded to his shove on k high flop after a cbet. crippled after that and shoved flush draw before break didnt get there.

Was wondering what all commotion was at your table theres a few like that around. Its a cheap fun tournament and if ya can build a stack early theres great value in it

edit: i was table 6 seat 4 with glasses and green and brown tshirt by the way ya might notice me next time
                                                                          Last edited by eamonhonda; 30-07-12, 22:49.
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                                                                            Bumping this as have watched it about 11 times since it was posted, and see it got over 1 milly views since y'day. Gangnam Style
                                                                            Last edited by ghostface; 31-07-12, 08:30.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                              Did you go to mastertons at all when you were there?
                                                                              Pretty sure my Mams cousins own this place

Comment

Bumping this as have watched it about 11 times since it was posted, and see it got over 1 milly views since y'day. Gangham Style
                                                                                Jesus Christ, you and me both. It's like the Korean musical version of crack. And the women in the video

Last edited by MegaSin; 30-07-12, 22:54.

Comment

I was wondering what was going on there i was on table 6. 3 bet with QQ only hand i seen all night called by a genius with k 10 i folded to his shove on k high flop after a cbet. crippled after that and shoved flush draw before break didnt get there.

Was wondering what all commotion was at your table theres a few like that around. Its a cheap fun tournament and if ya can build a stack early theres great value in it
                                                                                  yeah the standard is about the worst Iv seen. Aggro russian dude was on tilt after the commotion and was shoving pre about 7 of every 10 hands. I had got up to 14k @ 300/600. Couple of limps I make it 3k Russian dude obliges with the over shove for 15k and when I call with teh Aces I obv get skanked by K4o.

will definitely play again

Comment

Found a pack of Camel cigs on the bus, 15 left in it.
                                                                                    Open to offers.

Comment

These American girls are pretty good at beach volleyball. Rallies are great in this game.

FFS... Gone to the red button. Damn UPC

Comment

#GANGHAMSTYLE

Comment

Need to tune into the Olympics more, really enjoyed the highlights from BBC there.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                            It's just phenomenal. The technique required in the Snatch and Clean and Jerk is insane, and the flexibility and agility to perform the movements. That's before you even bother thinking about getting that strong.
                                                                                            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

By the way, London has a ways to go before it matches this stuff. Such fucking justice with the lift on the end.

Comment

Went for a run tonight and gave runkeeper a go. Very impressed with it, has everything ya need really. How far ya ran, how many cals, average speed, the time etc.

One big issue i have, is it uses gps locater which freaks me out that some cunt could know where i am, all the time

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa8E4-Fx3Ck

By the way, London has a ways to go before it matches this stuff. Such fucking justice with the lift on the end.
                                                                                                What was the problem with the second lift?

Comment

Very very good read, check out this blog.

Part 1- http://www.deucescracked.com/blogs/w...Gambling-Story

Part 2- http://www.deucescracked.com/blogs/w...g-Story-Part-2

Part 3- http://www.deucescracked.com/blogs/w...g-Story-Part-3

Part4- http://www.deucescracked.com/blogs/w...g-Story-Part-4

Comment

gotta try this out in pub, prob get a smack lol

We tricked Billy Connell into punching himself in the faceAs seen on:MTV Pranked Season 5Rude Tube in the UK

Comment

Hey, a friend of mine has left her thesis to the last minute (has to be off at the printers tomorrow!) and needs as many people to fill in this survey http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8M63KKP

It will take about 30 seconds

Thanks to anyone who helps!
                                                                                                      Last edited by Hectorjelly; 31-07-12, 01:22.

Comment

done
                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Hey, a friend of mine has left her thesis to the last minute (has to be off at the printers) and needs as many people to fill in this survey http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8M63KKP

Strange overlap on the ages question, I went 18-30 instead of 30-40.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                                                            Strange overlap on the ages question, I went 18-30 instead of 30-40.
                                                                                                            Do it again @30-40 just to even it out.
                                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Hey, a friend of mine has left her thesis to the last minute (has to be off at the printers) and needs as many people to fill in this survey http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8M63KKP

Thesis marker is going to be wondering why such a large percentage of the population seem to go to irishpokerboards to discuss politics.

Comment

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2012/0730/hiddencamera.html

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostface
                                                                                                                  Did she not swim the last 100m in a faster time than the male record holder in that event? I may be sightly confusing that as wasn't paying proper attention to the radio
                                                                                                                  Yep, i posted this in the betting thread
                                                                                                                  Not the last 100m she wasn't.
                                                                                                                  She was pretty close, and the last length was faster than his. But over the whole freestyle leg (100m) he was quicker. I'm not sayign it makes a difference to the legitimacy of her time.
                                                                                                                  It's irrational to suggest that cheating is a feature of every Olympic games and record smashing athletes should be received with an air of reserve?
                                                                                                                  Is record smashing not a bit sensationalist?
                                                                                                                  The amount she took off is no more suspect than any other record holder.

This is the record progression.
                                                                                                                  So, Shiwen took off 1.02seconds in London.
                                                                                                                  In Beijing, Rice took off 1.67seconds off the previous record. And 2.01seconds of the world record (-1.43sec) she set 4.5 months earlier.

If anything, I think Rice taking over 2 seconds off a world record performance in 4.5 months to be a lot more suspect.

I'm not saying that she isn't doping. She could easily be. But using Rice, and to an extent Lochte, as a measure of "normality" is absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                                                                    What was the problem with the second lift?
                                                                                                                    His elbow locked and unlocked slightly before getting full control.

Comment

playing the multiplier system in poker atm and its going well. Converting losing sessions into losing days and onto weeks and have progressed to losing months. Think i may have it sussed and maie it a losing year

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                                        Inspired by the olympics and my big mouth I talked myself into a prop bet where I have to lose 1 stone in a week. It will just be a goal to reach on the way to a healthier weight. For those of you that are interested I talk about it here (just skip all the gaming stuff)

Weight loss bet starts at 2.00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-hVdBYfwHE
                                                                                                                        Seen your post in the other place, username confused me.

What odds did you get.
                                                                                                                        1 stone in a week should be easy enough really.

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                        does not compute

Amounts to a net deficit of ~49,000 kcals.

Approx 7,000 a day, or 1.6 marathons worth of effort.

You'll clearly have to completely and utterly dehydrate yourself to a silly level to do so. Can be done, but sure as shit isn't healthy, advisable, or worthwhile when it comes to trying to "move to a healthier weight". Pretty dangerous tbh, especially for someone I would've thought had a far beyond average grasp of the whole thing!
                                                                                                                        It's got nothing to do with the calories in 14 lbs of fat/7000 calories a day.
                                                                                                                        It's pure water manipulation. 1 stone isn't that big a cut really, might be doable without cardio/sweatsuit even. I'd say its possible just by loading up on water a few days out, then cutting sodium, water and sticking to light meal the day or two before weigh-in.
                                                                                                                        Every single weight lifter in London would of done this for weigh-in.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                                                          playing the multiplier system in poker atm and its going well. Converting losing sessions into losing days and onto weeks and have progressed to losing months. Think i may have it sussed and maie it a losing year
                                                                                                                          Stan, I don't want to offend you or put you off too much, but have you considered that maybe you just suck at this game? Genuinely not having a go, just wondering if you're wasting your time and effort that could be better placed elsewhere.
                                                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X