X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah great, drugs cheat wins
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

This lad was done for doping a few years back, but suppose who hasn't in cycling.
      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
        They referred to it a couple of times at the swimming, apparently the cheap seats up top were rammed but the pricer ones while all sold were empty as corporate types didnt bother using them

Also lots of empty seats at the tennis as people who opted to collect tickets at the venue had to wait for up to 3 hours to get them
        I'm not sure I buy it Kev. Equestrian and weightlifting half empty too. Rich fellas not showing up at 16.00 on Saturday for medal events?? Something not right.
        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Watching streams with no commentary is missing something. Looks like a great contest in the women's weightlifting but without an understanding of the weights and backgrounds of the competitors im not getting as much out of it.

C'mon electric cruise anyway!

Edit to add: when I say weight I mean the competitors weight obv as they are placed ahead if they lift the same weights but are lighter then their competitor. So clearly that's a big advantage.

Ireland currently placed 4th in the team classifications for the 3 day eventing but an awful long way to go.
          Last edited by V for Vendetta; 28-07-12, 15:16.
          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
            Watching streams with no commentary is missing something. Looks like a great contest in the women's weightlifting but without an understanding of the weights and backgrounds of the competitors im not getting as much out of it.

C'mon electric cruise anyway!
            what do you need to know about the competitors other than can they lift the bar or not?
            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                dressage? gtfo. wanna watch sport, not a prancing horse ffs!!
                Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                Ha pretty much every sport I ever participated in has been completely derided in the bbv on the last few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                  what do you need to know about the competitors other than can they lift the bar or not?
                  See above. Plus you need to know the number of attempts left and the running order of the competitors. Basically all the stuff that makes it more then just lifting a bar over your head.

Comment

Medal bouts in judo now after some great semis
                    Brilliant women's under 48kg final. Brazilian pitbull just dominated the queen of that weight class. Now onto the men s. The jap is just absolute class and expect him to win

Comment

Brilliant women's under 48kg final. Brazilian pitbull just dominated the queen of that weight class. Now onto the men s. The jap is just absolute class and expect him to win
                      Lol ippon for the Russian in the first minute

Comment

Cracking heat of the mens gaa event on RTE1. Multiple gold medallists Meath in trouble.

Comment

Cant remember who was behind it but great job on the livegaelic.com website finally somewhere to follow scores properly RTE.ie updates 10 minutes late never really cut it. Nice few articles too. C'MON SLIGO
                          airport, lol

Comment

lovely play there great goal
                            airport, lol

Comment

BBC Red Button down for anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                BBC Red Button down for anyone else?
                                no working fine for me

Comment

lol, why would anyone post about this?

Hi all, I wont give any info yet but one of the leading bookies has a Club Senior Football still up for betting on.

Comment

The backdrop to the beach volleyball court is pretty cool!
                                    Profit before people.

Comment

watching ghostrider- spirit of Vengance.

amazingly, it's worse than the first movie
                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Martin and Josh are destroying team GB. #DangerZone
                                        Profit before people.

Comment

lol. Team GB down 19-12 and down 1 set. "Nail-biting" stuff apperantly. lol.

Comment

just fucking sigh

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                              just fucking sigh
                                              Beach Volleyball?

Comment

Mens' Archery Team Event Final starting on BBC1 now, can't believe South Korea aren't in it.
                                                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                  Mens' Archery Team Event Final starting on BBC1 now, can't believe South Korea aren't in it.
                                                  Watched the QF earlier between Korea and Ukraine, and Koreans looked in great form, very surprised the yanks beat them.

Dang, not so great for my China to win most golds bet

Comment

Watched the QF earlier between Korea and Ukraine, and Koreans looked in great form, very surprised the yanks beat them.

Dang, not so great for my China to win most golds bet
                                                    Yeah that was my first taste of it. Just wish they'd show the wide shot more. Shows how impressive the shots they're pulling off really are.
                                                    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Sligo Kildare stream?? If so please link
                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                        Yeah that was my first taste of it. Just wish they'd show the wide shot more. Shows how impressive the shots they're pulling off really are.
                                                        Its a very watchable sport, would have been watching more of it if I had the red button

Comment

Why did Stewart Downing cross the road?....
                                                          SPOILER
                                                          He didnt..he couldnt even cross that

Comment

Wow what a finish to the Archery. Go Italeeeee

Comment

Archery is clearly the nut Olympics sport

Comment

All Hail Frangilli!

Well played that man.
                                                                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

What a shot. Great 10! My new favorite Olympic sport

Comment

some shot under pressure. Its the kinda thing I would only look at during the Olympics. Pity it doesnt get more coverage for the rest of the 4 years

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                      Beach Volleyball?
                                                                      it might as well have been for all the good it would have done us

Comment

Epic finish!

If one was to rear their child in a singleminded view of getting them an Olympic medal, what sport do you think they should be forced upon them to the point of them having no childhood and growing up resenting their parents?
                                                                        Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

QQ
                                                                          I'm gonna buy xbox 360 for the kids is there any perticular model / deal that i should look out for. Think i'll pump for this one but do you think i could do better elsewhere and with/without the branding.

We just felt a disturbance in the force at Platform32 because we managed to get our hands on the Limited Edition Kinect Star Wars Xbox 360 Console. It's cust...

cheers

Comment

Frangilli 150/1 to win the singles

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                                              QQ
                                                                              I'm gonna buy xbox 360 for the kids is there any perticular model / deal that i should look out for. Think i'll pump for this one but do you think i could do better elsewhere and with/without the branding.

We just felt a disturbance in the force at Platform32 because we managed to get our hands on the Limited Edition Kinect Star Wars Xbox 360 Console. It's cust...

cheers
                                                                              im just going for a run now but I'll answer this when I get back in

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                                                Epic finish!

If one was to rear their child in a singleminded view of getting them an Olympic medal, what sport do you think they should be forced upon them to the point of them having no childhood and growing up resenting their parents?
                                                                                Tennis = loots

Comment

Phelps 9/5 for the IM. Out in lane 8, can he do it?

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                                                    QQ
                                                                                    I'm gonna buy xbox 360 for the kids is there any perticular model / deal that i should look out for. Think i'll pump for this one but do you think i could do better.......

cheers
                                                                                    Same question only substitute the word "pump" for pay please.....

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOB View Post
                                                                                      Frangilli 150/1 to win the singles
                                                                                      All the Italians seem large prices, probly not updated since the team event. All worth a e/w pop surely?

Nespoli 66/1
                                                                                      Frangilli 150/1
                                                                                      Galiazzo 200/1

Comment

Hmmm Poland are playing Brazil in table tennis but both guys are Asain!
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Epic finish!

Anyone that doesn't involve much physical ability. Archery, table tennis, shooting etc.

Comment

Phelps 9/5 for the IM. Out in lane 8, can he do it?
                                                                                            No, no medal imo

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                              No, no medal imo
                                                                                              Oarsome shout in fairness to me

Comment

No, no medal imo
                                                                                                Nice shout

Comment

Just incase any of the Dancy guys are interested, live streaming of Josh Wink v Ste Bug @ Welcome to the Future

Always remembered for one of the classics

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                                    Anyone that doesn't involve much physical ability. Archery, table tennis, shooting etc.
                                                                                                    Would have thought, great physical ability was required for this, reaction speeds, agility etc.
                                                                                                    Last edited by Rufio; 28-07-12, 18:48. Reason: the grammmaa
                                                                                                    Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Nice shout
                                                                                                      meh, no-one ever medals from out there plus he's clearly lost his desire (understandably)

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                        im just going for a run now but I'll answer this when I get back in
                                                                                                        Ok first of all you want to get a hard drive thats reasonably big but not too big as you wont use it. I use my xbox a lot and have a 250g hard drive. I think for most people 100g would be plenty. I download all my games onto the hard drive too so it saves on laser usage which can cause the Xbox to wear down sooner. but if it gets to a stage where the hard drive is getting full you can just delete stuff

Secondly I think Kinect is a waste of money. Despite Microsoft putting a lot of resources into it the interest just doesnt seem to be there. The game selection isnt great and I can see it being phased out over the next couple of years.

Thirdly dont get a themed xbox it just adds extra cost and you get nothing extra with it apart from it looking fancy.

To give you an idea 2 years ago I bought my xbox new in Smyths with 2 controllers, a 250gb hard drive, a new game worth €45 and a couple of game vouchers worth €20 all for 240 euro. SO if I was you Id be looking to spend in or around that.

It really is a fantastic piece of kit if you use it to its max potential

Comment

IS Phelps out? If not what time is he on?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                            IS Phelps out? If not what time is he on?
                                                                                                            4th only. Lochte destroyed the race.

Comment

Handball on BBC3 at the mo btw for those who were looking for it earlier.

GB getting tonked by Macedonia. Not a good day for team GBR all round really

Comment

Epic finish!

Boxing would be high up there as with only one contestant per country you can get medals without being highly ranked within your division. e.g, there were times in the 90s when the top ten in a division were all Cuban, but only one Cuban can go to the Olympics. So by definition the competition is diluted come Olympic time.

Semi finalists getting a bronze medal also means there is an extra medal available than in other sports.

And the final bonus is that such a high percentage of medallists don't defend their medals as they have have turned pro.

Comment

400m freestyle. The Sun will rise.

Comment

STFU about world records lads, they are irrelevant here. Stoopid commentary.

Comment

400m freestyle. The Sun will rise.
                                                                                                                      gogogo China. Keep them golds coming in

Comment

Epic finish!

Tennis = loots
                                                                                                                        Golf obv

Comment

Would have thought, great physical ability was required for this, reaction speeds, agility etc.

I wouldn't consider them physical ability. I was talking more in terms of strength and size. I think improving some ones reaction speeds and agility would be easier.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X