This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another clear for Ireland!! Get in
    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

TY

Back to Beach Volleyball then.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
        I thought as much. Purely a prop bet for the monies.
        5/1 is amazing odds for the task at hand wp.
        If you get the water loading right it should be a doddle.

When is the weigh-in?
        loading on water today and weaning off it from tomorrow on

weigh in is 12 midnight on Thursaday night/ Friday morning

going for a cycle now

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
          No, 7 more races after this before the medal event
          Originally posted by 40something View Post
          As long as she doesnt gambol on herself / opponent in the Bookies & the wind stays at +13knots, I'd put the mortgage on it judging by her form so far.
          Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
          You do the course ten times. You discard your worst round and then you have a final go at the course which is worth double points. The total combined score counts. Chalking up a few wins sets her up fantastically well.
          Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
          11 races in a cumulative points system, with the 11th race counting double (an idea they probably got from Hanna Barbaras Wacky Races)
          I fucking love the Olympics. Suddenly we're all experts!!

Guaranteed 5th at least in the 3 day.
          Last edited by V for Vendetta; 31-07-12, 11:45.
          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

@Olympic Watchers

What happened here? (From RTE live reporting tool.

Officials attempt to remove South Korea’s Shin Lam from the piste after her controversial loss in the women's epee.

Comment

Ireland finish 5th in team eventing. If Spiers hadnt fallen yesterday it could well have been a medal

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                @Olympic Watchers

Officials attempt to remove South Korea’s Shin Lam from the piste after her controversial loss in the women's epee.
                Meh it's been covered here twice already. Issue with the clock. Second put back on and the Korean loses. Tears at dawn.

Comment

3/3 wins for Murphy
                  One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

@Olympic Watchers

The clock was reset to 1 second after it ran down with the match at 5-5 meaning the Korean would go thru, the opponent ended up scoring in that 1 second to win at least a medal. Think the Korean stayed on piste for about 75 mins afterwards while the team put in an official compliant.

Comment

Ireland finish 5th in team eventing. If Spiers hadnt fallen yesterday it could well have been a medal
                      Not really Kev. The gap at the end will be too big. Dressage kills us as usual and a lot of other countries had fallers yesterday too.

5th is the max we really could have hoped for. Never bad when you're beating the Aussies, the US and the French in the horsie game.

Comment

Result in sailing
                        1 Ireland
                        2 Britain
                        3 Belgium
                        4 Holland
                        5 Sweden
                        6 Mexico

Comment

@Olympic Watchers

Fencing semi final.
                          Shim Lam was in the lead and there was 1 second left on the paused clock. She just needed to survive 1 sec and she was into the final and playing for silver or gold.
                          BUT the clock got stuck, play continued for more than one second allowing her opponent to score and win the match. Her coaches appealed to judges as it should of been over, and she was to wait on the piste while they decided.
                          30 mins later they bizarrely decided the point stands and she's not in the final. Then they made her play for third place, she lost (was prob distraught) and goes home with nothing, when in reality she earned a silver at least.

Ridic decision and ridic to take 30 mins to decide while she sits there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                            loading on water today and weaning off it from tomorrow on

weigh in is 12 midnight on Thursaday night/ Friday morning

going for a cycle now
                            should be handy enough tbh.

NO SALT. NO WATER.

Enjoy the pain.

Comment

Sailing standings in womens Laser after 3 races

1 - Ireland 3 points
                              2 - Belgium 8 points
                              3 - Netherlands 13 points
                              4 - Britain 19 points

Comment

Sailing standings in womens Laser after 3 races

1 - Ireland 3 points
                                2 - Belgium 8 points
                                3 - Netherlands 13 points
                                4 - Britain 19 points
                                What we need now is a few smokers to come out of the pack to beat the others and extend the gap. A great funking sport really. Loving the old school updating on the app. Reminds me of aertel refreshing days.

Comment

What we need now is a few smokers to come out of the pack to beat the others and extend the gap. A great funking sport really. Loving the old school updating on the app. Reminds me of aertel refreshing days.
                                  Its one of those rare sports that is more exciting to watch text updates of then actually watch the sport.

What we really need is for the wind to keep getting stronger, apparently the winds so far wouldnt even be ideal for Annalise, she would prefer stronger. Forecast is for stronger as well

Comment

My shit box of a car is going for its NCT next week. I was just wondering what they will ask me for when I get there?

Driving license?
                                    Car Registration letter or something?
                                    Does it need to be taxed?
                                    How long do you have to wait for a re-test?

Comment

Bandwagon jumping really is the nut Olympic sport

Go saily girl, eh shiver yer timbers
                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Seaton McGovern into 3rd in their 2nd race today. British boat capsized.

Comment

you can almost touch the desperation in the various BBC commentary boxes at this point

Hearty LOLs all round

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                            Bandwagon jumping really is the nut Olympic sport

Go saily girl, eh shiver yer timbers
                                            All Aboard!

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                              My shit box of a car is going for its NCT next week. I was just wondering what they will ask me for when I get there?

Driving license?
                                              Keys imo and a ton in a brown envelope

Comment

you can almost touch the desperation in the various BBC commentary boxes at this point

Hearty LOLs all round
                                                Yesterdays commentator line in the diving when GBR were 4th

"Lets get this finished so we can all just get out of here"

Comment

Keys imo and a ton in a brown envelope
                                                  On a serious note, is there anyway to bribe these fuckers?

I just couldn't be arsed finding my license and all that shite.

Comment

Fucking tear in my eye here watching and listening to the heartbreaking interview from the British judoka who just got beat. The cruelty and beauty of sport.

Comment

Its one of those rare sports that is more exciting to watch text updates of then actually watch the sport.

What we really need is for the wind to keep getting stronger, apparently the winds so far wouldnt even be ideal for Annalise, she would prefer stronger. Forecast is for stronger as well
                                                      She's much taller and stronger then her opponents. Good when you need to splice the mizen mast in a gale but not great when all you have to work with is a gentle onshore breeze.

Weather forecast looking good though.

Comment

Fucking tear in my eye here watching and listening to the heartbreaking interview from the British judoka who just got beat. The cruelty and beauty of sport.
                                                        Ah, you are just showing off now.

Comment

Driving license?
                                                          Any form of ID
                                                          Will need reg cert
                                                          No tax needed
                                                          Can be retested any time they have a space, but no more than 30 days.

Comment

Not since the sting operation 6 months ago.

Comment

Lol. I hadn't looked up his name at that point. Check out the interview if you get a chance. Euan Burton is my early nomination for Olympic hero of the day.

Comment

She's much taller and stronger then her opponents. Good when you need to splice the mizen mast in a gale but not great when all you have to work with is a gentle onshore breeze.

Weather forecast looking good though.
                                                                I made the nut "pretend to know what your talking about" sailing post yesterday, complete with mizen mast post yesterday, please try and be original.
                                                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Way a back guy I know worked on the road and drove incredible miles, always used marked diesel and kept about £100 in cash in an envelope in case he'd have his tank dipped the plan was to leave it on the dashboard and just walk away.
                                                                  He never got stopped in over 20 years and was cruising until sometime about 1988 he got stopped , the boys took the money and he sat back in his car satisfied at all the thousands he'd saved over the years.
                                                                  It was only after he was stopped for the fourth time in the next couple of months and the lads tried to shake him down for more than was in the envelope that he realised that they were hunting him down. He changed the car to get away from them and the next time he was caught he was prosecuted and got a stinker of a fine.
                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Accidentally leave a ton in with your documents

Comment

Male beach volleyball should be banned forthwith

Comment

apreciate the athletics, not the asthetics. It's people like you that has the female beach vollyballers covered up. For Shame!

Comment

They finish 2nd after the Aussie boat capsized as well

15th and 2nd today leaves them 6th overall

Not so good for O Leary and Burrows who finished 11th in their first race today

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                            Way a back guy I know worked on the road and drove incredible miles, always used marked diesel and kept about £100 in cash in an envelope in case he'd have his tank dipped the plan was to leave it on the dashboard and just walk away.
                                                                            He never got stopped in over 20 years and was cruising until sometime about 1988 he got stopped , the boys took the money and he sat back in his car satisfied at all the thousands he'd saved over the years.
                                                                            It was only after he was stopped for the fourth time in the next couple of months and the lads tried to shake him down for more than was in the envelope that he realised that they were hunting him down. He changed the car to get away from them and the next time he was caught he was prosecuted and got a stinker of a fine.
                                                                            My brother knew a guy who took a different approach and had a false tube put in his truck with some genuine diesel to fool the testers. He got stopped one day and was pleased when his ruse worked.

He wasn't so happy when he got a call out inspection a few weeks later. Turns out leaving the same drop of diesel in the false tube for over 5 years wasn't such a good idea!

Comment

And still no sign of the Argentinian women's hockey team, grrr

Feck off with yer swimmers

Comment

Not so good for O Leary and Burrows who finished 11th in their first race today
                                                                                Given the usual sailing crowd in Ireland I thought Seaton McGovern was one guy. I'm not at a tv so had no idea what type of sailing is going on.

Comment

They should all play it Goose and Maverick style. Greased up with shades and jeans and strictly for the ladies.

Comment

And still no sign of the Argentinian women's hockey team, grrr

Feck off with yer swimmers
                                                                                    Just watch the streams online. Unbelieveable coverage.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                      Originally Posted by Strewelpeter View Post

a member of the travelling community bought a new van and it was seized when he found to have red diesel in it. He had to go to pound another day with i think £500 to get it back. Another traveller with same name heard this and went to pound next day with his licence showing it was 'him' and paid the fine and claimed the van ...bargain lol

Comment

They are 4th when you take into account the discard
                                                                                        One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

The dark Knight Rises is utterly mediocre.
                                                                                          Top 4 Batman movies
                                                                                          1. batman Begins
                                                                                          2. Batman (1989)
                                                                                          3. The Dark Knight
                                                                                          4. Batman Returns

Comment

I would of thought judoka was in common enough usage by the media and such.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                              I made the nut "pretend to know what your talking about" sailing post yesterday, complete with mizen mast post yesterday, please try and be original.
                                                                                              Gtfo 40something is the only man on the sailing here.

The rest of us are in the bandwagon and well we know it. Turns out my trainer worked with Annalise Murphy and her sister on their fitness when she was training for the juniors in 2006. He reckons she has a great attitude and is very personable. He knows fuck all about sailing though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                I would of thought judoka was in common enough usage by the media and such.
                                                                                                Giving me shit is just how the BBV rolls. All part of what makes it fun. Time to get off the couch here. In fucking bits after my training session this morning.

Comment

Annalise Murphy out again at 2.15.

Comment

Having given it a few days, I'm pretty underwhelmed by the Olympics. There's a reason most of these sports are only on our screens every 4 years, and for what ever reason I really can't get excited about our prospects of winning a medal in sailing or whatever else. I'm kind of surprised, I thought I'd enjoy it all a lot more. I guess it's down to having absolutely no emotional investment in any person or event that's been on so far.

Comment

Annalise Murphy out again at 2.15.
                                                                                                      Thread name change time Kev?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                        Having given it a few days, I'm pretty underwhelmed by the Olympics. There's a reason most of these sports are only on our screens every 4 years, and for what ever reason I really can't get excited about our prospects of winning a medal in sailing or whatever else. I'm kind of surprised, I thought I'd enjoy it all a lot more. I guess it's down to having absolutely no emotional investment in any person or event that's been on so far.
                                                                                                        Ban for Zuroph and Zuutroy imo

Comment

Gtfo 40something is the only man on the sailing here.
                                                                                                          Oh I know that, that's why I said that I made the nut "pretend to know what you're talking about" sailing post.

Step off my turf esse. Do I come into your finance threads and pretend to know what I'm talking about?

The rest of us are in the bandwagon and well we know it. Turns out my trainer worked with Annalise Murphy and her sister on their fitness when she was training for the juniors in 2006..
                                                                                                          Vicarious vainglory. This visage a mere veneer of vanity.

Comment

Need to start betting imo

Comment

You can watch Annalise Murphy here http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/london2012/

Next race in 3 minutes.

Comment

Watching the fly on the wall docs on RTE and Setanta really got me excited. You need to hear the genuine stories and get the buzz out of seeing someone qualify for a semi final with no hope of winning to really get the buzz. Just watching finals and the favorites succeed or fail just leaves me cold.

Comment

Thread name change time Kev?
                                                                                                                  For sure, not gonna directly reference the girl though. Wouldnt want to be responsible for jinxing her and dashing the hopes of a nation of new found sailing experts

Comment

Originally posted by 40something View Post
                                                                                                                    You can watch Annalise Murphy here http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/london2012/

Next race in 3 minutes.
                                                                                                                    Which stream? Its on the RTE streams as well, but I can only seem to get their TV stream to load.

EDIT - the lovely Sonia badminton person on RTE at the mo

Comment

RTE live streaming too. Ship ahoy!

Comment

For sure, not gonna directly reference the girl though. Wouldnt want to be responsible for jinxing her and dashing the hopes of a nation of new found sailing experts
                                                                                                                        BBV: Rod Stewart's 'Sailing' on continuous loop

BBV: Admiring the cut of her jib.

Comment

Just saw the tweet that the chap was arrested for after 'abusing' Tom Daley on twitter. 'you let down your dad' or along those lines, laughable to arrest someone for that

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X