• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
    Monday 20+5 scalps no reg 5000 plus 2000 early bird
    Tuesday 30 FO not sure stack think 13000 plus 2000 early bird
    Wednesday 20 Multi Rebuys available max spend 50
    Friday 50 FO 10000 stack
    Sunday 30 Omaha 15000 stack
    sound might head down tonight or tomorrow. What time is kick off?

Comment

Breaking Bad
      SPOILER
      what a great episode. the tent idea is just genius. never have i watched a show where it has gotten better through the seasons or at least be on a level peak as far as five seasons. Skyler needs to be taken out Mike will have none of it and ya might aswell take Marie with her
      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
        sound might head down tonight or tomorrow. What time is kick off?
        half 8 kick off reg from about quarter past. tonight is a bit of a crapshoot but 60-70 people serious value if you can get a run and build a stack. special prize if you can pick me out
        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
          I was going to advocate a ban on that country entering the next games,
          or a ban on entering that event next games,
          but I suppose that would likely punish a wholly different competitor.
          Banning and retrospectively stripping medals from the offender means little when the only fanfare they ever get is during this month, and are then quickly forgotten in many cases.

First two resolutions would probably see a serious change in attitude for many countries toward doping.
          Look, to be honest the reality is that we possibly exceeded the limits of natural human performance in a multitude of events decades ago. Barring complete and utter freak specimens like Bolt and Phelps, it's unlikely that records can be smashed through clean living and hard training alone. A completely drug free athletic landscape would be very, very different to what we have now. Whether people like to admit it or not they love bigger, stronger, fitter and faster and that desire drives the lengths competitors from all over will go to.

There was a brilliant documentary by RTE on this about 8 years ago, can't for the life of me remember what it was called unfortunately.
          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
            Look, to be honest the reality is that we possibly exceeded the limits of natural human performance in a multitude of events decades ago. Barring complete and utter freak specimens like Bolt and Phelps, it's unlikely that records can be smashed through clean living and hard training alone. A completely drug free athletic landscape would be very, very different to what we have now. Whether people like to admit it or not they love bigger, stronger, fitter and faster and that desire drives the lengths competitors from all over will go to.

There was a brilliant documentary by RTE on this about 8 years ago, can't for the life of me remember what it was called unfortunately.
            Meh, every gold medal doesn't have to be accompanied by a new WR imo.
            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Popular westerners = Freaks
              Chinese = cheats

It is what it is
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I think we all just learned a valuable lesson. Xantham gum, though an excellent fibre supplement, should be treated with respect....

Comment

I find the ticketing scandal absolutely infuriating. I got my tickets for an Olympic Hockey session sorted a few weeks ago when a friend offered them as a gift - they entered the lottery for a bunch of events and received tickets they didn't want / couldn't attend because of work and have been trying to give them away since. A friend of mine decided to jump on a ferry on Friday evening and get over to London in the hope of grabbing a ticket for anything and get into the Olympic Village. Was unsuccessful in the endeavour - it simply wasn't possible to get one on the website yesterday morning, and you can't buy them outside the village, etc.

I realise that this is a massive organisational / I.T. problem, and people were likely to be disappointed to one extent or another no matter how the issue was tackled, but the website simply isn't up to scratch imo. The lottery system and multiple rounds of same made perfect sense. But coming up to this weekend, functionality for a daily list of unsold / resalable / returned tickets available for instant purchase on a first come, first served basis should have been in place. They are taking steps to address the empty seats now, but filling seats with soldiers to improve aesthetics kind of misses the point imo. You will have situations where more expensive seats are being filled with whatever off duty servicemen are around when diehard fans of the sport concerned are in the cheap seats at the same venue without being offered a move to the front first.

Though, from what I saw, everything else has been top class and it should be 'three cheers for London'. Getting around the city and getting help and directions in and around the venues has been sorted to an extremely impressive standard. The voluntary "gamesmakers" lining the approaches and exits to say "hello" or "goodbye" are undoubtedly strange, but still point to the huge effort and preparation on show. The information brochures you get with your tickets are very well done, and the citywide free travel pass for the day of your event is a nice touch.

Also, the media naysaying about London's transport network seems to be Y2K mark two. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary London wise out and about over the weekend or going to Heathrow during rush hour this morning.

Finally (and almost incidentally), I can confirm that playing International hockey can do wonders for a woman's figure - a few fine looking players on the USA and GB teams. GB lack cutting edge and will get murdered by any decent team that presses them hard imo, so there could be a few quid made laying them. Germany on the other hand were solid at the back and had a ton of cutting edge up front - will be tough to beat.
                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                    I think we all just learned a valuable lesson. Xantham gum, though an excellent fibre supplement, should be treated with respect....
                    Shart yourself?

Comment

Great battle for bronze in the gymnastics between GBR and Ukraine, absolutely cracking atmosphere at it too

Comment

The gymnastics is nuts. I recall doing gymnastics as a kid briefly, should have been me.
                        Think it was mostly forward roles.
                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Stags Party

The Palace or Cafe En Seine

For general buzz, or if we can snag a VIP area in either?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                            Chinese = cheats

It is what it is
                            You're an idiot. You're just desperate to have a pop. I'm clearly not arguing that at all, not even a little bit. This is an issue that affects my most beloved of sports, i.e. American Football.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                              Stags Party

Neither.

Comment

Stags Party

Is the Palace not a youngish crowd?

Not sure though.

Comment

CKid on the money re BB

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                    Neither.
                                    Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                    Is the Palace not a youngish crowd?

Not sure though.
                                    Won't be heading to either till after 11pm anyway. We're a youngish crowd
                                    What's so bad about the both? Will just be a get together for a late drinks to round a night off and won't be anything funky or special planned

Comment

Wow amazing stuff, well played team GBR. Silver medal. Last time they won a team medal in mens gymnastics was 1912 when it was bronze

Comment

Stags Party

The Dragon is a great spot for a bunch of lads on a stag.
                                        /Lazare

Comment

Chinese = cheats

It is what it is
                                          You're the only one that seems to be obsessed with the race issue here. If she was from anywhere i'd be doubting her. Her times have dramatically improved from what she was previously achieving. With the likes of Phelps you can see a natural progression and improvement over time with no freaky swings in the curve. A high up US coach (embarrassingly for us) has compared her to Michelle Smith in Atlanta!
                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Stags Party

neither - cafe en seine is full of wankers and the Palace is generally full of kids at the weekend

Keoghs on St Anne street is nice!

Comment

Fairly tough on the Japanese lad competing against all that noise

Comment

Chaos in the gymnastics.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                  Chaos in the gymnastics.
                                                  BBC a replay of RTE? Or are you on some weird red buttons, thought the gymnastics coverage had stopped.

Comment

Won't be heading to either till after 11pm anyway. We're a youngish crowd
                                                    What's so bad about the both? Will just be a get together for a late drinks to round a night off and won't be anything funky or special planned

Palace crowd is about 18-21, also think you have to pay in before hand. Cafe en Seine is just crammed with absolute muppets. Haven't been in ages but the door staff can be very picky as well.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                      BBC a replay of RTE? Or are you on some weird red buttons, thought the gymnastics coverage had stopped.
                                                      BBC3

Japan appealed the scoring for the last guy successfully. Just confirmed that they the appeal was successful and GBR down to bronze with Japan up to silver.

Correct decision to my untrained eye. Amazing tension while the whole thing was sorted.

The crowd going nuts booing now, where they really should be celebrating an unlikely bronze.

Poor Ukranians are distraught as they have had their bronze taken away from them.

Comment

Chaos in the gymnastics.
                                                        BBC3

Japan appealed the scoring for the last guy successfully. Just confirmed that they the appeal was successful and GBR down to bronze with Japan up to silver.

Correct decision to my untrained eye. Amazing tension while the whole thing was sorted.

The crowd going nuts booing now, where they really should be celebrating an unlikely bronze.

Poor Ukranians are distraught as they have had their bronze taken away from them.
                                                        Have BBC3 on now. WP RTE, missed all the excitment. ffs. Poor Ukranian lads.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                          You're the only one that seems to be obsessed with the race issue here. If she was from anywhere i'd be doubting her. Her times have dramatically improved from what she was previously achieving. With the likes of Phelps you can see a natural progression and improvement over time with no freaky swings in the curve. A high up US coach (embarrassingly for us) has compared her to Michelle Smith in Atlanta!
                                                          And we have studied the progression of this 16 year old yea?

Look if she's assumed to be a cheat based on this evidence we have seen then Phelps must be too. That there isn't a sudden spike in his numbers would mean nothing more than his team are aware that any spike would cause him to be tainted.

TBH I have very little interest in the particular case I'm much more interested to find out what possible miraculous substances are out there that can create this kind of performance that can get past state of the art chemical analysis.
                                                          I just don't understand what they could be that could have such an effect on someone to put them that far ahead of the field. I remain to be convinced that its right to all these substances banned.

Comment

BBC reporting Andy Carroll has gone to West Ham. £2m loan fee with enforced option to buy for a further £17m if they stay up this season.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                              Shart yourself?
                                                              I have a date in 45 minutes that I may have to cancel if my alarm regularity continues!

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                BBC reporting Andy Carroll has gone to West Ham. £2m loan fee with enforced option to buy for a further £17m if they stay up this season.

Opr
                                                                The deal has been agreed between the clubs but Carroll hasnt agreed to it...............yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                                  The deal has been agreed between the clubs but Carroll hasnt agreed to it...............yet.
                                                                  So is the club just feeding these stories in the hope of forcing certain players out? Aquilani's agent has said it's completely impossible that Fiorentina could meet his clients wages but yet the BBC reported earlier we have agreed a fee.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post

Not sure why you'd be doubting her and not everyone else. She's be around for two years an has been putting in very good times. Also I just don't get the comparison to Lochte as some massive sign, he's not a sprinter. When Rebbeca Adlington won Gold in 4 years ago in the 800 free style her last 50m split was even 28.91, even fast then Shiwen yet I don't remember everyone calling her a cheat or even coming close to suggesting it.
                                                                    Last edited by Teddie; 30-07-12, 18:52.

Comment

Allez les Blues. A fantastic olympics for the French so far

Comment

Drama at the Fencing and a sit in from an unhappy South Korean!

Comment

Not sure why you'd be doubting her and not everyone else. She's be around for two years an has been putting in very good times. Also I just don't get the comparison to Lochte as some massive sign, he's not a sprinter.
                                                                          Did she not swim the last 100m in a faster time than the male record holder in that event? I may be sightly confusing that as wasn't paying proper attention to the radio

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                            So is the club just feeding these stories in the hope of forcing certain players out? Aquilani's agent has said it's completely impossible that Fiorentina could meet his clients wages but yet the BBC reported earlier we have agreed a fee.

Opr
                                                                            I think they are trying to force Newcastles hand, according to Tony Barrett he wont go to WH. As far as AA is concerned ive no idea what they are at but he wont be an LFC player this season thats for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                              Did she not swim the last 100m in a faster time than the male record holder in that event? I may be sightly confusing that as wasn't paying proper attention to the radio
                                                                              Yep, i posted this in the betting thread

This was Lochte's split for the freestyle end of his 400m and she outswam him (although he wasn't under any pressure)

Comment

And we have studied the progression of this 16 year old yea?

Look if she's assumed to be a cheat based on this evidence we have seen then Phelps must be too. That there isn't a sudden spike in his numbers would mean nothing more than his team are aware that any spike would cause him to be tainted.

TBH I have very little interest in the particular case I'm much more interested to find out what possible miraculous substances are out there that can create this kind of performance that can get past state of the art chemical analysis.
                                                                                I just don't understand what they could be that could have such an effect on someone to put them that far ahead of the field. I remain to be convinced that its right to all these substances banned.
                                                                                It has always been the case that the latest chemical aids are one step ahead of testing knowledge. See "Human Growth Hormone" on this.

Comment

Allez les Blues. A fantastic olympics for the French so far
                                                                                  Amazing swim. Lockte was nowhere!!

Comment

And? It's 400m race, you can hammer the first 300m and hope to hold off or you can go out easy and hope to push hard for the last 100m. Take the last 100m split and comparing to the mans is pointless. I could understand if the times for the over-all events were identical or even close, but there not.

Comment

CKid on the money re BB
                                                                                      We all know you hate the show in anyway

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                        We all know you hate the show in anyway

No it was pretty good but least good of the new season

Comment

CKid on the money re BB
                                                                                          Thank my spoiler post and then post BB discussion...

Comment

It has always been the case that the latest chemical aids are one step ahead of testing knowledge. See "Human Growth Hormone" on this.
                                                                                            So we are mostly talking about substances that promote the growth of muscle mass. I thought there was no real short term benefits from hgh.

Are they not all doing these kind of things as young people to build their frame before they are ever tested and then working to sustain it through diet and training?

Comment

Two weeks left for entry into the Fantasy Premier League comp.

Link in my sig, there will be no late entries so don't leave it until the last minute to apply!!
                                                                                              Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

So we are mostly talking about substances that promote the growth of muscle mass. I thought there was no real short term benefits from hgh.

Are they not all doing these kind of things as young people to build their frame before they are ever tested and then working to sustain it through diet and training?
                                                                                                I don't know what we could be talking about this time, and that's the point. Time after time over the past four decades or so, the advances made by those looking to cheat come before the governing bodies knowledge of the methods discovered.

As for the second paragraph, she's 16.

Comment

In relation to the Chinese girls swimming performance surely we're ignoring the huge benefits of the selection program in China compared to how athletic talent is selected in advanced democratic economies.

Especially in relation to technical events with high barriers to entry the impact of identifying and selecting the person with the best genetic potential for the sport combined with the best nutritional and coaching advice could surely have a huge impact on a minority sport like swimming.

Not saying this is necessarily the case here but it's got to be considered.
                                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Gogogo Lithuania.

No questions about her anyway

Comment

Cheers for the Anchor Steam tip Kev, just cleaned out the Sutton branch.
                                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Wahey go go go Lithuania, shippage

Comment

Oh lol. North Korea win 2 golds in weightlifting.

Comment

Stags Party

I have been asked to point out by a poster who shall remain nameless but has a high 4 figure post count, that there is no such thing as a Stags Party, that it is a Stag Party.
                                                                                                            Please rectify this in future posts, as you are lifetilting him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                              get out of here with your semi rational slant on things.
                                                                                                              Meh must be drugs.

I love the book/film Moneyball and the book fooled by randomness it makes you question all conventional unproven knowledge in life.....
                                                                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                get out of here with your semi rational slant on things.
                                                                                                                It's irrational to suggest that cheating is a feature of every Olympic games and record smashing athletes should be received with an air of reserve?

Comment

Is this swimming on BBC a repeat of earlier or live?

Comment

Swiss footballer Michel Morganella kicked off the Swiss team for posting this on his twitter after they lost to South Korea

I want to beat up all South Koreans! Bunch of mentally handicapped retards!

Obvious case of pot kettle.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Teddie; 30-07-12, 19:55.

Comment

Finally (and almost incidentally), I can confirm that playing International hockey can do wonders for a woman's figure - a few fine looking players on the USA and GB teams. GB lack cutting edge and will get murdered by any decent team that presses them hard imo, so there could be a few quid made laying them. Germany on the other hand were solid at the back and had a ton of cutting edge up front - will be tough to beat.
                                                                                                                      Good to know no matter what the sport is something's never change

Comment

Swiss footballer Michel Morganella kicked off the Swiss team for posting this after they lost to South Korea

Obvious case of pot kettle.
                                                                                                                        So ridiculous that I lolled. He probably should have claimed someone got access to his phone/computer.

Comment

Bill Gates slumming it at the swimming. MBN.

Watch out for him at the 2/5 game in the empire tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X