This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
    Throttling of Peer to Peer by ISP's would be my biggest issue.

Plus Peer to Peer seems to be the first thing that anti-piracy people target
    I'm new to this so you are going to have to make that a bit simpler please as I dont understand any of it, feel free to PM.
    Her sky-ness
    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Four of a Kind View Post
      Anyone ever use Michel Thomas method for trying to learn a new language?
      I was given the spanish CDs by a mate of mine. He learned Spanish from scratch using them. I only used the first couple of disks but I found them very good and would recommend giving them a bash. A couple of Colombian mates said he is fairly proficient for a guy with no "formal" Spanish training and never having lived in a Spanish speaking country.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
        Gonna DL and start watching a load of xmas movies beginning this evening. Putting a list together. Suggestions for more welcome

Its a Wonderful Life
        Scrooged
        Bad Santa
        Trading Places
        Die Hard
        Gremlins
        Muppet Christmas Carol
        The Santa Clause
        Miracle on 34th Street
        Nightmare before Christmas

was this not mentioned, I would watch it again and again, but only the original

SPOILER
        Her sky-ness
        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Four of a Kind View Post
          Anyone ever use Michel Thomas method for trying to learn a new language?
          Don't know why that made me think of the 'rhythm method'

Back in sex ed in 1983, it wasn't just presented out of historical interest
          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post

come on her tits, it's what god wants.
            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

My brother Lives in Oz with his wife, they have been there for nearly 8 years. His wife came home last week because her dad was very sick and was not expected to make it, and then her mam was diagnosed with cancer also, brother started a new job and couldent take time off to travel with her, they were here for 3 weeks in the summer so money was also an issue. When she got home both parents were in Milford Hospice, her mam died Saturday and just heard now her Father passed away tonight, to lose both parents in 4 days, i cant even get my head around it.

We think we have issues.
              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post

Works well too
                Her sky-ness
                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                  My brother Lives in Oz with his wife, they have been there for nearly 8 years. His wife came home last week because her dad was very sick and was not expected to make it, and then her mam was diagnosed with cancer also, brother started a new job and couldent take time off to travel with her, they were here for 3 weeks in the summer so money was also an issue. When she got home both parents were in Milford Hospice, her mam died Saturday and just heard now her Father passed away tonight, to lose both parents in 4 days, i cant even get my head around it.

We think we have issues.
                  Ugh, Happy Christmas indeed. Horrible stuff for anyone to go through.

Comment

We think we have issues.
                    Jesus, and at the time of year as well. So tough. Condolences

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                      I cooked chicken a couple of days ago with a breadcumb stuffing a couple days ago.
                      Yes but when did you cook it?
                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

We think we have issues.
                        thats awful, colm always brings up stuff like that when I am giving out about bills and money and stupid stuff.

He always says we have 2 healthy kids and we have our health, and when you read about something as sad as that, it is so so true

Poor girl.
                        Her sky-ness
                        © 5starpool

Comment

galway seat #4...you beauty

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                            just remembered another
                            more for the kids

the polar express
                            that was watched this afternoon and appeared to meet with approval, creepy looking kids in it imo

thought I would watch a nice relaxing movie myself so stuck on Der Untergang. Sleepless night guaranteed now.
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Midnitekowby View Post
                              you dirty feckin animal!!!!
                              Her sky-ness
                              © 5starpool

Comment

Fergal is going to win a UKIPT seat for the whole BBV

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                  that was watched this afternoon and appeared to meet with approval, creepy looking kids in it imo

thought I would watch a nice relaxing movie myself so stuck on Der Untergang. Sleepless night guaranteed now.
                                  Bruno Gantz is pretty amazing though,shame he unintentionally launched a gazillion internet subtitle parodies.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                    Bruno Gantz is pretty amazing though,shame he unintentionally launched a gazillion internet subtitle parodies.
                                    no time for yo' jibba jabba

back to the money thread with you and no rest until your hands are bleeding stumps.

I thought the Magda Goebbels character came close to stealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                      no time for yo' jibba jabba

back to the money thread with you and no rest until your hands are bleeding stumps.

I thought the Magda Goebbels character came close to stealing it.
                                      Heh, my friend's wife had to leave the cinema to ring her kids after that scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                        I was in London the weekend before last and took a trip to Harrods. Somebody had mentioned to me that I should go to the Rotisserie in the food hall and have some lunch, they even recommended the Lamb Chops and indicated that full lunch and sides might be £16 or so.

So I am walking around Harrods pretty much lost in the zoo when I realise I am in the food hall. I notice the Rotisserie in one corner but keep walking as I want to see what else is on offer. Then I see the fish counter and think that would be nice but then in the far corner I see a butchers steakhouse type thing which I am naturally drawn to. As I amble in that general direction I begin to realise that there is a butcher who cuts your steak in front of you and then sends it to the grill where you sit and have it cooked before you.

To say that this piques my interest would be an understatement. I am thinking what a great idea this would be for a restaurant in Dublin - a genuine Butchers Grill where it is cut and cooked before your eyes. I am ten yards from the grill and I am getting excited. With that the couple at the counter move one side to the cash register and reveal the price list from which I notice the following.

T-Bone £10
                                        Fillet £15
                                        Rib Eye £10.

I think to myself isn’t that great value and well executed idea, so I decide il have a t-bone. I arrive at the counter as the butcher turns to me and asks what takes my fancy. T-Bone says I. He takes out this monstrous sirloin and places the knife on the meat. Gestures to me in a foreign tone what I can only image was 'how is that for you', If I am being honest I wasn’t really listening. I was wondering if I could sneakily nip him for something a little bigger.

'Perhaps a little bigger, sir?' I request. 'Sure no problem' comes the quick reply... Inside I am dancing, I am feeling like Joe Pesci in My Cousin Vinny, prancing around in a maroon velvet suit, having asked to see the prosecution files and being met with a 'sure, il have my secretary copy them and send them over'. He sinks the knife into the meet and to pass the time I glance downwards and take another look at the menu. To my horror I now realise that it is ‘T-Bone £10 per 100g’. Id missed the small print, no wonder he was so quick to and happy to service me with a bigger steak. At this stage I was looking around for Marisa Tomei and expecting her to tell me why it was so easy to get the files!

How do I get out of this one, I can’t and resign myself to my fate. The Butcher pops the steak on the scales and with delight tells me that it is £48 and some loose change. He passes it over to the front of house guy who asks what sides id like? I guess you can’t be half pregnant so I opt for the creamed spinach, truffle fries, peppercorn sauce and enquire if a large glass of Red was available. He is doing his thing while I reach to my pocket to pay the £70 price tag. As I stretch my hand forward with the notes he is countering with a device that looks like an old mobile phone.

What’s this I think? He explains ‘No sir, you take this buzzer, it will buzz in maybe 10 minutes when we have your seat available and your steak on the grill’. My hand is still outstretched clasping the £70. I am like some guy caught in the headlights of a 3 card trick hoping in naïve disbelief that the Ace of Spades was really the Queen of Hearts! My mind rests and he pushes my hand away and explains that I pay him upon my return! I will yea!!!

There I am. In the middle of Harrods, clasping a buzzer but to me it might as well be a bomb. I figure I need to get rid of it and split. This looks easy in the movies, find a busy place, dimly lit and dispose of it. I walk quickly and somewhat aimlessly, moving with the crowd I find myself in the Bazzar area, nice one. Its dark, its busy. Il ditch it here somewhere. I spy a bag on a rail the corner is half open and I move towards it, the spotlight is on. I feel uncomfortable as if somebody is looking at me. An Irish guy, in Harrods, discreetly disposing of a small object – sure I guess it must be a bomb! I have visions of me racing for the door and being intercepted by security as the store is being evacuated as they await the bomb squad. I baulk.

I spy a shelf of large teddy bears. I pick one with my right hand as I move the buzzer beneath it with my left. This is it when some friendly woman passes comment to me of how pretty they are. Again I baulk and retreat. I figure my 10 minute window must be up, I mean it felt like 3 hours to me but this was just the pace of my heart beating that seemed to speed up time. I move one side, notice a shelf of diaries and pick with my right, place the buzzer behind with my left, I thumb a few pages and dump it back on the shelf. Look all sides, I’m free and by jesus do I move and move fast. I break for the door and grab a taxi to the VIC where I find a £6.50 4 egg omelette with chips to be more palatable that the steak.

I was tempted to hang around Harrods and see what happened when the buzzer went off. I was also curious as to what the guys at the butchers were doing! Probably still there wondering where I am.

fork over the dough you big nit (good story though)
                                        Last edited by reilly110; 14-12-11, 23:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                          Heh, my friend's wife had to leave the cinema to ring her kids after that scene.
                                          why, is she married to an evil propagandist?

(maybe he works for the Sunday Indo)

edit: Speer was also a fairly incredible character

Comment

Originally posted by reilly110 View Post
                                            fork over the dough you big nit
                                            Also must have been in the young girls section since no boys diaries are located close to a teddy bear section so more chance of being picked us a paedo as opposed to a terrorist

Comment

Cheers folks, i went to her Mothers removal monday night and she told me they had postponed the buriel Tuesday because her Dad took a bad turn, looks like they both will be buried together at least.

I offered to buy the brothers ticket for him monday and he said there was no point as he wouldent be home in time, it looked like the dad only had hours left at that stage...he would have been back in Ireland now. Thing is, he is there on his own, they have no children, sis in law is here, i can only imagine how he feels, he should have made the effort i think.
                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

N1

Stoopid question time:
                                                What is the story with the extra ones, can you use them for other UKIPT's or do you have to sell them?

Comment

Just remember something now, I was listening to the Last Word on the way home this evening and heard some bat shit crazy woman describe the idea of everyone in the country getting paid the same amount as "utopia or nirvana".

Comment

any real good maths guys want make a quick $50-$100

pm urgently

Comment

pm urgently
                                                      add (n) to x: Talk dirty to me TEL: 1560 3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971

Comment

dont mess with the big man....if you dont have a ticket!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                          N1

Stoopid question time:
                                                          What is the story with the extra ones, can you use them for other UKIPT's or do you have to sell them?
                                                          you get the amount in t$, great way to build a roll up actually, as they are soft games with heaps of dead money much easier then regular tornies

Comment

ticket portal working for anyone else atm?

EDIT: Just came back up there. Was down for about 45 mins I think
                                                            Last edited by cardshark202; 14-12-11, 23:55.

Comment

you get the amount in t$, great way to build a roll up actually, as they are soft games with heaps of dead money much easier then regular tornies
                                                              Sweet, didn't think they could be cashed for T$

Can you cash the first one or do they have to be played?

played one sat and thought it was playable alright *

Was going to play more of them but might be out of country in February so ...

*That said, I played an ordinary sat (not the Hyper jobs you play), had 3 pro's to my right for most of it & busted out like a clown
                                                              Last edited by Guest; 15-12-11, 00:02. Reason: *

Comment

Sweet, didn't think they could be cashed for T$

Can you cash the first one or do they have to be played?

played one sat and thought it was playable alright *

Was going to play more of them but might be out of country in February so ...

*That said, I played an ordinary sat (not the Hyper jobs you play), had 3 pro's to my right for most of it & busted out like a clown
                                                                no you have to play the first one and they are ridiculously strict on that. they have got a lot tougher this year, cause they've raised the buyin and there's way more grinders hitting them, but still great value there

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TLLcvWeiKw

Comment

pm urgently
                                                                      I can see three type of person applying for this - those who are good at math and those who are not.

Comment

N1

Stoopid question time:
                                                                        Multi-table the live event!
                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                          I am not "Trolling" I don't believe it's a real thing just a get out of jail free card for retards.

Tell me what makes the original Johnny Cash song much better than Leona's version? I think just because its a cover you automatically call it shit.
                                                                          This really irritates me. Really? C'mon son.

Not to mention the original version is Trent Reznor...

Last edited by LuckyLloyd; 15-12-11, 01:02.
                                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                                                            I can see three type of person applying for this - those who are good at math and those who are not.
                                                                            I'd thank this but you've been trying to crowbar this in somewhere the past 2 weeks..that's 18 days ffs!!!

Also, can anyone recommend any clips on youtube that can be just listened to and aren't lessened without the visuals. Anything from stand up comedy to speeches or lectures. Anything bar music tbf. Cheers
                                                                            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Was in the fanny isle of Dunnes earlier today getting something () and a big rotten one came up to me and asked if I knew where condoms were, I was dying to say cop on and stop being in dream land, the batterys for your dildo are over there.

Comment

Originally posted by DJKendo View Post
                                                                                Was in the fanny isle of Dunnes earlier today getting something () and a big rotten one came up to me and asked if I knew where condoms were, I was dying to say cop on and stop being in dream land, the batterys for your dildo are over there.
                                                                                Did you get the sand out of your vagina in the end though?
                                                                                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                                  Did you get the sand out of your vagina in the end though?
                                                                                  unfortunately not

Comment

$4 tourni

Just got it all in pre for chip lead on final table with AQ V's A10

10 on flop

out in 4th for $2fuckin90

did I mention...

*fuckit, that's the buyin for the Sunday million if I don't sat, bank roll management me arse
                                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 15-12-11, 01:19.

Comment

And you wonder why everyone calls you a turbo whore behind your back! Wp
                                                                                      NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                        add (n) to x: Talk dirty to me TEL: 1560 3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971
                                                                                        Add (n) to x: couldn't resist. NSFW

Comment

anyone know who pockets99 is on ipoker?
                                                                                          https://twitter.com/#!/PadraigONeill89

Comment

Just on the big Hurt debate earlier.. Obviously Johnny Cash's version of the song is just amazing, with his legendary voice and is made all the more poignant given his fragile state in the video. Really is one of the all time classic cover versions and in my opinion, far superior to the original.
                                                                                            And obviously Leona Lewis' version is pure tripe. Doesn't capture the mood of the song whatsoever and has an awful arrangement, but some people seem to have a problem with her just covering a song, as a pop puppet, with no input apart from recording the vocals. I'd love to know how much of an input Johnny Cash actually had in Hurt, or any of his later covers for that matter. Seems to me that they just wheeled him out to put his vocals on them also. Doubt he was capable of much else at that stage either.

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                                              I'd thank this but you've been trying to crowbar this in somewhere the past 2 weeks..that's 18 days ffs!!!
                                                                                              I saw tommy tiernan in 2003, he was still telling the same jokes when I saw him four years later in 2005

edited to use same joke again
                                                                                              Last edited by nicnicnic; 15-12-11, 01:46.

Comment

any one in Oz got a link for the golf out there

Comment

2/8 in the $5 rebuy on ipoker - one time

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger View Post

on the rail, TID glgl

Comment

GL Trigger

NukeTheFish! 3/6 on The Big $55

Comment

Originally posted by D3kka View Post
                                                                                                        GL Trigger

NukeTheFish! 3/6 on The Big $55
                                                                                                        aka Winning! on this forum. Gogogogogo GL

Comment

Gr8 stuff Trigger wp

Comment

Shipped it for $2,280

Comment

Shipped it for $2,280
                                                                                                              N1, good tussle HU. WP

Comment

wp Winning

Comment

Originally posted by D3kka View Post
                                                                                                                  wp Winning
                                                                                                                  Cheers mate! Was card-dead most of the FT so glad I could ladder that far, lucky to get doubles at crucial times. Been running good all month so hopefully it continues through Christmas now too!
                                                                                                                  "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Originally posted by Winning! View Post
                                                                                                                    Cheers mate! Was card-dead most of the FT so glad I could ladder that far, lucky to get doubles at crucial times. Been running good all month so hopefully it continues through Christmas now too!
                                                                                                                    Trying to get 2 russians to make a deal didnt help

Comment

Originally posted by japeye View Post
                                                                                                                      N1, good tussle HU. WP
                                                                                                                      Really glad to come out the right side of the heads up , 3rd time heads up in that tourny and was the first time I took it down.

Comment

revelation tonight....

drinking mtt -EV

drinking PLO cash +EV

not concrete evidence but for now happy

Comment

Just saw an Ad for Sodastream.

Hello recession. Welcome back 1986.
                                                                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X