This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    who is Donegal's Messi? Xavi? Iniesta? Villa? Pedro?

they had a few candidates for Busquets alright
    Pretty sure I saw Puyol and Mascherano out there aswell

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
      He used his forearm, he's a loosecannon and should of been whipped off as soon as the red mist descended.
      We're talking about the shoulder from behind, as the replay proved?
      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

who is Donegal's Messi? Xavi? Iniesta? Villa? Pedro?
        I was partly trolling/tongue-in-cheek obviously and hadn't quite thought out the attacking side.
        I guess a better comparision might have been to the more minimalist Spain side of 2010. Without a Messi player they won a World Cup grinding out four fairly comprehensive 1-0 wins where, with the suprising exception of Paraguay in the quarter-final, no-one was able to get the ball off them.

If Donegal could up the attacking side of their game to the extent where they can score 0-12 a game and maintain the defensive side then maybe they can emulate them with a series of 0-12 0-10 wins (roughly the equivalent of 1-0 I suppose).

Comment

meh 2nd
          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
            Donal, you definitely out of the running for a game tomorrow? Playing at 19:30 if you've any interest...
            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
              meh 2nd
              ul Sitch, nearly a good shout
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                You're talking about McMenamin in the bolded bit, right?

Cluxton coming up to take the frees is perfectly reasonable and is up to the ref to account for in his timekeeping.

If you think Dublin were innocent of time-keeping and play-acting when they went in front yesterday that's fine,
                I never said Dublin were innocent of either play acting or interesting time management, my issue was how it was done, not when.

Donegal's game plan was to break up the Dublin play. That's all well and good when the ball is live. They went far over the top after play had stopped and it was obviously the plan from the first whistle, never mind the last few minutes of the match.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                  We're talking about the shoulder from behind, as the replay proved?
                  relax Zodley, de Dubs are in the final - no need to replay the semi!

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                    Donal, you definitely out of the running for a game tomorrow? Playing at 19:30 if you've any interest...
                    hey lloyd - replied to Anto

Unfort i really cant - so far behind and the Tri is on sun

good luck in it though
                    GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                      I was partly trolling/tongue-in-cheek obviously and hadn't quite thought out the attacking side.
                      I guess a better comparision might have been to the more minimalist Spain side of 2010.
                      you're really reaching here AJ (although I appreciate the intent of the trolling)

Stoke are probably the best comparison imo although I don't think the soccer\GAAball analogy works too well in any case

it'll be another winter dipping babies in the cup down South anyway so all pretty much irrelevant.

Comment

I feel left out when there's GAA drooling I'm not involved in

Comment

relax Zodley, de Dubs are in the final - no need to replay the semi!
                          Indeed.

Dublin Supremacy.

Comment

I never said Dublin were innocent of either play acting or interesting time management, my issue was how it was done, not when.

Donegal's game plan was to break up the Dublin play. That's all well and good when the ball is live. They went far over the top after play had stopped and it was obviously the plan from the first whistle, never mind the last few minutes of the match.
                            LOL blinkers ftw, its ok to waste time at the end of a game but not at the start!

And the red card was justified and a complete brain fart on Connolly's part.

Comment

The best thing about Zod's GAA posting is how he starts off intending to troll but invariably ends up being trolled himself.

Comment

I think hurling was the real winner yesterday and at least the Dublin County Board have coped on to this fact aswell As iv always said Gaelic Football was invented for people who cant hurl and yesterday was a perfect example of this

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                    LOL blinkers ftw, its ok to waste time at the end of a game but not at the start!
                                    I never said it was ok.

And the red card was justified and a complete brain fart on Connolly's part.
                                    He wouldnt' have been off if the player hadn't dived.

Comment

The best thing about Zod's GAA posting is how he starts off intending to troll but invariably ends up being trolled himself.
                                      I've added every one of the droolers posts to BBVGAAdroolers.txt which will be reposted in full on the 18th of September.

Comment

I've added every one of the droolers posts to BBVGAAdroolers.txt which will be reposted in full on the 18th of September.
                                        STOP

you're only making it worse

Kerry will crush Dublin, accept it. Look at all the pain the Cork team had to go through to win an All-Ireland.

Comment

lol @ results based thinking.

Post them up now and tell us how they're wrong sure.

Comment

One way flight to Colombia booked!
                                            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Do you really believe I'm actually making a list of peoples posts?

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                                Has anyone ever won a sprint gold from lane 8
                                                Alan Wells? Not 100% sure though.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                  for when? spent the summer there and possibly going back to work full time. pm me if you have any questions

Comment

Comment

Kerry will crush Dublin, accept it. Look at all the pain the Cork team had to go through to win an All-Ireland.
                                                      It's that defeatism I'd expect out of lolCork.

Until I'm blatantly proven wrong and I'm left to complain about the referee, Dublin Supremacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                        for when? spent the summer there and possibly going back to work full time. pm me if you have any questions
                                                        October 4th. I've a mate in Santa Marta so will be spending my time there, I'll probably stay the 3 months. What type of work did ye do? My Spanish is 0

Comment

I didn't see a Dublin player provoke a reaction then dive to get a Donegal player sent off.
                                                          Are you saying he shouldn't have been sent off? The shite that players get away with in GAA is ridiculous. TBH its one of the main reasons I stopped playing

Comment

Comment

Bookies have it a lot closer than you do Glyn. And as some manner of uppity, Hocket and Cricket playing Protestant - I'm going to comfortably assume you don't have a breeze about this particular subject.
                                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post

Comment

Bookies have it a lot closer than you do Glyn. And as some manner of uppity, Hocket and Cricket playing Protestant - I'm going to comfortably assume you don't have a breeze about this particular subject.
                                                                  that's where you'd be, eh, correct

The wife likes it however so my opinions on the subject tend to mirror hers. She says Leinster football is lolshite.

Comment

Kerry play nice decent attacking attractive football as do Dublin. I would have thought that the GAA purists would have been out in force (if they could remove thier anti Dublin blinkers) and judge the match for what it was. One team trying to play and the other trying to stop them playing. The team trying to play won the game.
                                                                    THe sending off should be rescinded because A) He was attacked 1st with just as much verocity as he replied with. B) The Donegal cheat dropped like a light. I've watched GGA for years I don't see these boys go down as often as the soccer lads do. Not even close so I content Donals point there. The lines man apparently made the decison , well that is fine he obviously didn't see everything. The camera caught everything. It was not a straight red , only the most anti Dub fecker would deny him a place in the final . I also don't agree with the win at all costs attitude if that be the case why not allow drugs into the game. After all it's just a different form of cheating. The GAA should be trying to discourage cheating, the arguments on here seems to think it's acceptable. I've always been of the opinion that the GAAball was lagging behind the hurling in terms of skill , unfortunately it lags behind in many other ways, an example of which was in the sending off yesterday.
                                                                    I would rather see Dublin trounced than perform like Donegal and win, and I don't think I'm in the minority here. (hope not)

I'm on Kevs side here Hurling >>>>football and thankfully the Dubs are well equipped for both in the years ahead. How many finals are we in this year? 3 out of 4?
                                                                    Pretty impressive imo.

Comment

She says Leinster football is lolshite.
                                                                      She is correct - but that hasn't been Dublin's fault! The last couple of years have seen Dublin as the only realistic National contenders from the province.

Comment

She is correct - but that hasn't been Dublin's fault! The last couple of years have seen Dublin as the only realistic National contenders from the province.
                                                                        the truth hurts

Comment

QQ:

Looking to get some documents leather bound. The cost is unimportant - I'm looking for some of the highest quality providers of this service. Recommendations please?

Comment

well we shall see in a few week's time. The old adage of 'you have to lose one to win one' (look at Munster rugby ) springs to mind and I remember only too well how Dublin threw away the semi-final last year.

Kerry, comfortably. Dublin to win in 2012.

Comment

...

Comment

BBV Looking for Electric Picnic early bird ticket? 200e if anyone is selling one, shoot me a PM.
                                                                                ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                                                                                I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                  QQ:

Looking to get some documents leather bound. The cost is unimportant - I'm looking for some of the highest quality providers of this service. Recommendations please?

I suspect he can do it. He has a great collection of traditional equipment for book binding.
                                                                                  May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Tomorrow is the kids last day before they go back to school.

Thank Fucking God

It has been a long long summer, I can tell you. The Scottish schools have been back a while as they get 3 weeks less in the summer. 6 weeks is plenty.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                      QQ:

I'm honoured at the expense you'd go to to get my GAA postings printed and binded.

I insist you get the following printed in the foreword

When you are old and grey and full of sleep,
                                                                                      And nodding by the fire, take down this book,
                                                                                      And slowly read, and dream of the soft look
                                                                                      These posts had once, and of their shadows deep;

How many loved their moments of glad grace,
                                                                                      And loled their beauty with posts false or true,
                                                                                      But one man loved the pilgrim troll in you,
                                                                                      And loved the rofls of your changing format;

And bending down beside the glowing bars,
                                                                                      Murmur, a little sadly, how posts fled
                                                                                      And paced upon the BBV overhead
                                                                                      And hid his racing tips amid a crowd of stars.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                        Tomorrow is the kids last day before they go back to school.

Thank Fucking God

It has been a long long summer, I can tell you. The Scottish schools have been back a while as they get 3 weeks less in the summer. 6 weeks is plenty.
                                                                                        empty nest posting in 5 days, 4, 3, 2, 1.......

Comment

Going to be doing a bit in the new Starbets online mag.

twitter
                                                                                          moneybookers

Comment

...

Comment

POTD on boards made me lol...

SPOILER

Comment

empty nest posting in 5 days, 4, 3, 2, 1.......

I still have the baby here though until..... September 2014 (Gosh that is ages away!)

Comment

I initially read this as The Sis Binding Ireland, and pictured some big heifer lass working the binding machine.
                                                                                                  Then I realised it was Thes is Binding Ireland, and wondered whether Thes was a culchie variant of Tess.
                                                                                                  Then I realised it was Thesis.

Having a blonde day.

Comment

GAA is GAY

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                      Although, Irish educational system far outperforms the UK system despite a lot less days during the year spent in school. Why would you say that is based on your knowledge of both educations?
                                                                                                      I disagree on the education thing. Maybe against the English system but it is well known that the Scottish system is far superior to the English. We can do our 6th year exams and go straight into second year of Uni. Not many systems can do that.

The education is the main thorn in my side about living here but not enough to make me move home.

When I was 16/17 they downgraded the Scottish education to come more into line with the English levels. Scottish students could get places at any uni but the English could not get into the Scottish Uni's like St Andrews, Glasgow etc as the standard was not good enough.

Comment

Anyone with a kindle use a cheap case they could recommend from ebay or deal extreme? Amazon one seems a waste.

Comment

Although, Irish educational system far outperforms the UK system despite a lot less days during the year spent in school. Why would you say that is based on your knowledge of both educations?
                                                                                                          In answer to your question though.. it is based on the fact that parents have to shell out more for childcare during all these extra holidays. It is expensive enough for after school care here without almost a month extra to pay.

In the Scotland you have the afterschool clubs which can be free but very cheap if you do have to pay. They go in the morning before school starts and have their breakfast there and then go there till 6.00pm when most parents will be home from work.

Comment

Anyone with a kindle use a cheap case they could recommend from ebay or deal extreme? Amazon one seems a waste.

Comment

Fairly woeful article but:

No room for appeal for Connolly

SPOILER
                                                                                                              Dublin marksman Diarmuid Connolly will definitely miss the All-Ireland Final as a result of the farcical red card he received in the victory over Donegal yesterday.

Connolly was given his marching orders by Maurice Deegan in the closing stages of what was far from a classic encounter after getting involved with Donegal substitute Marty Boyle after winning a close-in free.

The term handbags wouldn’t do justice to what followed as Boyle collapsed to the ground after Connolly made the slightest of contact with his face, but Connolly did raise his hands and Deegan had no hesitation in sending him for an early bath.

The Dubs had signalled their intention to appeal the decision in the aftermath of yesterday’s game, but that is not an option due to rules adapted by the association at this year’s congress.

As of this year, the Competitions Control Committee cannot retrospectively deal with an incident once the referee has made the decision. In previous years, the referee could have been asked to review his decision but that is no longer an option.

Should Connolly be cited for striking as expected, he will receive a four week ban which won’t expire until the week after the All-Ireland Final on September 18.

As a result, Dublin will be without one of their most important attackers and the many neutrals watching on will be deprived of the chance to see the tremendously talented Connolly on the biggest stage of all, which, given the nature of the incident yesterday, seems a little bit of an injustice.

Comment

...

Comment

@Zod you remind me of some the Dublin fans that came up gloating to me a few hours after the game when they had a few pints in them. Leaving Croke park was very weird yesterday, it was like the game ended in a draw. There was barely any excited Dublin people to be seen. If Donegal had of won there would have been a huge buzz about the place and lots of cheering excitement etc from their fans but none from Dublin. Why would you say that is?

You can say all you like about Donegal trying to slow the game down and what ever else but Dublin basically went out yesterday and done nearly everything the exact same as Donegal. In the end Dublin actually ground down Donegal by winning frees in the most scoreable positions possible. Donegal actually scored a couple of very nice points yesterday, same cannot be said about Dublin and I am sure you were worried as fuck yesterday for about 60mins wether you were going to be able to win the game.

I don't feel one bit hard done by as a Donegal supporter after losing that game yesterday but as Jim Mc says, winning All-Irelands is what it's all about. If Donegal can adjust next year into adding more attacking into their game they will be real contenders for the All-Ireland. They have some very good natural forwards but they don't really get a chance to play with the current set-up.

As I live in Dublin I wouldn't mind seeing them win the All-Ireland tbh, I hope it turns out to be a great game of football with Dublin showing some of the attaching flare that they have showed in other games this year but I have a feeling that Dublin could end up playing in a similar way to how Donegal played yesterday. They will want to win the All-Ireland so bad that they will play what ever way is necesary to win.

Comment

POTD on boards made me lol...

SPOILER
                                                                                                                    I laughed at that one for ages.

Someone needs to tell them this photoshop is not realistic and Nato can't raise to 290.

SPOILER

From this thread- http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...3#post74071553

Opr

Comment

Well what can u say after that match yesterday. As a neutral the standard was puke bad. The first half especially.
                                                                                                                      What struck me afterwards was that Donegal could/should have won the game (Murphys misses in first half and McFaddens miss when straight through on goal).
                                                                                                                      What really was striking though that despite knowing exactly how Donegal would play Dublins mgt didnt seem to work on a plan to beat it. Relying on Brennan and Nolan hoofing long passes to Bernard Brogan in the hope of him getting something out of a 50/50 ball was a nonsense of a strategy. McGee has been a revelation this year in the Donegal back line and imo the referee in the second half awarded a lot of frees to dublin that could have gone either way.
                                                                                                                      My man of the match though was McMenamin. At least he took the defense on and had the strength to break tackles allowing the Brogans some badly needed space. He was the catalyst to the victory and even though Bernard Brogan played well in the little space he managed to get McMenamin was better imo.
                                                                                                                      Honourable mention to Dublin minor player C Kilkenny yesterday. His kicking was better than anyone of the senior forwards yesterday -scored a beauty from the hogan stand side 50 and was a threat every time he got on the ball...

Comment

Didn't know that. Although knew the Scottish unis were a class apart. But on international rankings of literacy, maths, etc the Irish system is a lot better than the UK one. Might just be that there is more parent involvement in homework.
                                                                                                                        The unfortunate thing is they base all these things with English results. They don't give a crap about Scotland at all. No idea about the parent involvement thing as it was too long ago for me to remember

Comment

On the match yesterday. I wonder if Zod was watching the same game as me Some blue/black tinted specs I think!

I only watched it as I was at a friends and her hubby and son were there. Her hubby is a physio for Donegal although he wasn't there yesterday in that capacity.

It was enjoyable and I thought Donegal were going to win at one point. They did well and all the comments from friends were that they were pleased with the result as they never got hammered.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X