This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
    In fairness didn't understand a word he said (possibly due to tiredness, and possibly due to him doing his best Brad Pitt impression). Really he was saying that?! I just heard 'dead kid' tbh, and then kinda assumed the bit I couldn't understand was moving.
    He was talking about his son dieing in an accident when I tuned in. Said that when he was pronounced dead that to be able to feel like his son was always with him he went to a gash on his leg and ate some "guts". Very odd. Tubridy didn't know where to look.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
      Confused why you put "fishing" in quotes, kinda implied that you weren't really interested in fishing that it was just a cover story, but then you mentioned rivers and lakes?
      haha yeah i see that now
      thanks to those who replied with links, we are looking for a place on a river or lake that we can fish on site, well when i say fish a mean throw a line into the water while we get baked, Catching fish is a bonus unless i catch the most and then it becomes the most important part of the weekend.

Comment

Ughh twice i had a $530 WCOOP and twice it's been rivered out of my hands ffs

Now fcking 10/11 with 7 tickets and cash for 8/9. So sick

Edit - And bust in 10th on the fkfkin bubble with $150 for 9th. Fuck you pokerstars
        Last edited by Flushdraw; 20-09-11, 01:05.

Comment

Ship Ship the 2 Kilarney tickets. Playing in Fitz Limerick who had 20 tickets to give away, top 5 in both Sunday and Monday league with next 20 players on each night playing for another 5. Anyway, finished 7th overall in Sunday league but won one in the play off yesterday and finished top of the shop in Monday league tonight . Obv selling one, pm with offers..

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
            He was talking about his son dieing in an accident when I tuned in. Said that when he was pronounced dead that to be able to feel like his son was always with him he went to a gash on his leg and ate some "guts". Very odd. Tubridy didn't know where to look.
            Last I checked, there wasn't much "guts" in your legs.
            He phrased it worse than it was, when Jesus did it nobody batted an eye.
            Last edited by Mellor; 20-09-11, 01:18.

Comment

AKQJ10 2/8 in the Highroller Monday on ipoker, gogogogo! Such a tough game, run good!

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                just into bed. Nice day together but its not on. Meh, either I did good groundwork as the perfect gentleman or its just a learning experience. Oh well :-( thanks for the help
                Perhaps she wants another passport.
                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                  AKQJ10 2/8 in the Highroller Monday on ipoker, gogogogo! Such a tough game, run good!
                  Payouts?

Comment

these wcoop sats are costing a fortune!

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                      Payouts?
                      Busy on a couple of bubbles myself but gtd 5k atm and 16k up top, 2/4 atm.

Comment

Chess Boxing.

Highlights of the World Chess Boxing Championships from Germany, July 2008.
                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                          Busy on a couple of bubbles myself but gtd 5k atm and 16k up top, 2/4 atm.
                          3rd for 6k, couldnt get anything going 3 handed

Comment

had some craic in coppers tonight with some of the dubs team, will not be forgotten for a long time, whats that coming over the hill its STEVIE CLUXTON STEEEEEEEVIE CLUXTON

Comment

Cat and swan knocking the shit out of each other in portabello at the moment!! Fight fight fight!

Comment

WTF....2.5 hours on a weekday morning? Is anybody out there?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                  we're having a moment's official silence for Zuroph's sex life
                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                    his sex life gone down the shitter?

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                      Cat and swan knocking the shit out of each other in portabello at the moment!! Fight fight fight!
                                      God taught this would have got at least a lol as i taught a lot of people here injoyed boxing/matarial arts etc, although could be tuesday morning blue's, either that or some commerical site blocker product, has had an update and IPB has fallen victim to the dreaded internet site blocked list!

looks like it's just you and me, you can be the finanical wiz, i can be the coked out nut!!
                                      Last edited by pgodkin; 20-09-11, 09:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                        he's wishs, he can't even get missonary position, let alone that!!

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                          looks like it's just you and me, you can be the finanical wiz, i can be the coked out nut!!
                                          looks like RDIII and angry ball is still here i'll have to go back to the drawing board with new positions!!!!

Comment

Attached Files
                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Can someone explain the bonus points in the rugby? We have 3 trys and no BP while Russia have 3 trys and 1 BP + we have more points scored. Do you need to be on the losing team?

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                                                Can someone explain the bonus points in the rugby? We have 3 trys and no BP while Russia have 3 trys and 1 BP + we have more points scored. Do you need to be on the losing team?
                                                score 4 tries in a win = a winning BP
                                                lose by less than 7 in a loss = a losing BP

I think

Comment

Big result for Italy this morning getting the BP, they were close to dead without it.

Comment

I think Zuropidy is slowrolling the IPB. She is probably spreadeagled on the duvet as we speak, as he consults page 73 of the Kamasutra. If I don't hear full details of
                                                    how he nailed the Swiss cheese, I'm downgrading the Zuro to lillylivered status. I'm not sure what effect this will have on the zombie index but it's best we factor this in for his future posts so we can advise accordingly. So for now the ZURO = Lilylivered.

Comment

Wales Namibia kicks off at 7:30 on the 30th an hour before the SA Samoa game.

If I'm not mistaken we could end needing to beat Italy in order to get a game against South Africa who will could contrive a heroic defeat against Samoa thus avoiding Australia in the QF.
                                                      Unless Italy trip up against USA we will have no reciprocal option.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Took a week off after the Dublin match (I technically have the week off anyway but I have plenty of work to do, I've sort of given myself a week off), yesterday went into Merrion Square. Today I'm down in Tipperary to play golf in Dundrum. Looking to fill out the week from here on in. Any suggestions?
                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

score 4 tries in a win = a winning BP
                                                            lose by less than 7 in a loss = a losing BP

I think
                                                            If you lose but score 4 tries you get a BP also.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                              Took a week off after the Dublin match (I technically have the week off anyway but I have plenty of work to do, I've sort of given myself a week off), yesterday went into Merrion Square. Today I'm down in Tipperary to play golf in Dundrum. Looking to fill out the week from here on in. Any suggestions?
                                                              Go to the Ploughing on Thursday, not tomorrow as the weather will be awful.

Was within an inch of skiting off to it today, sorry now I didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                I'd prefer to stick around Dublin if possible but I love this idea
                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Took a week off after the Dublin match (I technically have the week off anyway but I have plenty of work to do, I've sort of given myself a week off), yesterday went into Merrion Square. Today I'm down in Tipperary to play golf in

Dundrum. Looking to fill out the week from here on in. Any suggestions?

Solheim cup and the ploughing championships are on.

Comment

I'd prefer to stick around Dublin if possible but I love this idea
                                                                    Athy is more or less Dublin... without the traffic its 30 minutes from Newlands Cross.
                                                                    Its a great day out, get there early.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken we could end needing to beat Italy in order to get a game against South Africa who will could contrive a heroic defeat against Samoa thus avoiding Australia in the QF.
                                                                      could be the betting opportunity of the century if your conspiracy theory holds true

I will canvass some afrikaaner opinions

Comment

I might go to the Solheim cup myself actually. I want to hear the caddy shouting at me, please stop saying 'gigiddy gigiddy' on the players backswing.

Comment

Was within an inch of skiting off to it today, sorry now I didn't.
                                                                          Athy is more or less Dublin... without the traffic its 30 minutes from Newlands Cross.
                                                                          Its a great day out, get there early.
                                                                          you def won't be writing a Dear John letter if you visit the John Deere stand, i hear there are rolling out the new 7R Series!!!

also you would loook boss (as BK would say) in a John Deere Green baseball cap!

Comment

Comment

could be the betting opportunity of the century if your conspiracy theory holds true

I will canvass some afrikaaner opinions
                                                                              Market isn't formed yet but Betfair are showing 1.2 to back 1.25 to lay about SA for pennies

If there is one team in the world you could imagine pulling off a stunt like that who would it be ?
                                                                              If they were to do something dumb like that I'd hope our lads took it in the right spirit and used it as incentive to beat the bok outta them.

At least the lack of a bonus point against USA is quite unlikely to bite us as its the head to head results that count so if we lose to Italy a single bonus point won't be what cost us.
                                                                              Last edited by Strewelpeter; 20-09-11, 10:44.

Comment

you def won't be writing a Dear John letter if you visit the John Deere stand, i hear there are rolling out the new 7R Series!!!

also you would loook boss (as BK would say) in a John Deere Green baseball cap!
                                                                                go for the overalls, will look the part around the four courts

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

If there is one team in the world you could imagine pulling off a stunt like that who would it be ?
                                                                                  If they were to do something dumb like that I'd hope our lads took it in the right spirit and used it as incentive to beat the bok outta them.
                                                                                  two words; de Villiers

he's definitely scummy enough to try it

Comment

Raoul Duke is the devil

Comment

JESUS things are fair bad when you are sending yourself PMs on IPB
                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

the thing is, SA do it, and they'll be the laughing stock, scared of meeting australia? pussies. Its possible, and SA are the scum of RU, but they'd be mocked and a WC win would be tarnished by their chickenshit approach.
                                                                                        http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

The iPhone is useless to an immature person like myself.I type "55318008" into the calculator and turn it upside down, but the screen rights itself.

Comment

At least the lack of a bonus point against USA is quite unlikely to bite us as its the head to head results that count so if we lose to Italy a single bonus point won't be what cost us.
                                                                                            They could beat us in such a way that we both finish on 13 points, hence our lack of a BP v USA would be critical.

Re South Africa, they key thing I think is that if they pull this stunt then Samoa could go through instead of Wales (if Samoa have beaten Fiji).
                                                                                            It would be one thing for rugby to turn a blind eye at SA slightly fixing it to come second, quite a different thing if this eliminated another Tier One nation.

I could never see SA getting enough votes to host it in 2023 or 2027 if they did this, which is probably far more important to them.
                                                                                            Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 20-09-11, 11:02. Reason: 'could' not 'would'

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                                                                              The iPhone is useless to an immature person like myself.I type "55318008" into the calculator and turn it upside down, but the screen rights itself.
                                                                                              lock screen obv you can look at this all day long!!

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                A sexy young girl approached me in the club last night.
                                                                                                "Wanna buy me a few drinks?" she whispered with a wink.

"Of course," I burst out, shooting to the bar.

After she had drunk 5 vodkas within 10 minutes, I gave her a nudge."I bet you're the type of girl that uses men to get drunk and gives nothing in return, aren't you?" I asked.

"You've got me all figured out," she smirked.

"Well not tonight!" I replied, waving an empty Rohypnol box in her face.

Comment

www.irishkop.com Twitter = @Irish_Kop Facebook = Irishkop.com

Comment

...

Comment

two words; de Villiers

he's definitely scummy enough to try it
                                                                                                      My point exactly.

Originally posted by Zuroph
                                                                                                      the thing is, SA do it, and they'll be the laughing stock, scared of meeting australia? pussies. Its possible, and SA are the scum of RU, but they'd be mocked and a WC win would be tarnished by their chickenshit approach.
                                                                                                      Kidney might want to be getting his retaliation in first on this, talk about strange betting patterns , what a farce it would be if... etc.

Re South Africa, they key thing I think is that if they pull this stunt then Samoa could go through instead of Wales (if Samoa have beaten Fiji).
                                                                                                      It would be one thing for rugby to turn a blind eye at SA slightly fixing it to come second, quite a different thing if this eliminated another Tier One nation.

I could never see SA getting enough votes to host it in 2023 or 2027 if they did this, which is probably far more important to them.
                                                                                                      Good point, I needed something to dampen my paranoia about this.

They could beat us in such a way that we both finish on 13 points, hence our lack of a BP v USA would be critical.
                                                                                                      .
                                                                                                      Yea but by then that would probably require them needing a winning bonus point and us not getting a losing one... too many permutations until after the next round.

Comment

I don't think they will try it btw - the general public wouldn't wear it, both in SA and abroad. Also, as AJ said, the honchos would come down on them like a ton of bricks.

I could definitely see this happening in a soccer WC (probably with Blatter's direct encouragement), but not rugby.

Comment

Wales Namibia kicks off at 7:30 on the 30th an hour before the SA Samoa game.

Unless Italy trip up against USA we will have no reciprocal option.
                                                                                                          4 dats between the matches not an hour.

Comment

SA won't throw the game. Even their second string should beat Samoa.

Chill Winston

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                              4 days between the matches not an hour.
                                                                                                              No its actually listed as both one hour and two and a half in different places. There are days between our groups games and the Pol D Matches... fair bit of extra recovery time for SA and Wales over us and Australia.

Edit see below Willie is right there is days between the games

As Raoul says it just won't wash and because of bonus points any shenanigans might need to look obvious.

But still Pete DeVillers...
                                                                                                              Last edited by Strewelpeter; 20-09-11, 11:59.

Comment

I could definitely see this happening in a soccer WC (probably with Blatter's direct encouragement), but not rugby.
                                                                                                                It has happened in soccer (most famously Austria allowing Germany a 1-0 win in the final group game '82 which saw them both qualify and froze Algeria out).

FIFA being an enlightened organisation immediately brought in a rule that the last games in each group would start at the same time from then on, taking the hit on the TV revenue but more importantly helping protect the integrity of the game as is their primary aim.

Even with this you can still get the Scandanavian 2-2 situation of a few years ago though, but that only froze Italy out so everyone lolled.

Comment

Going into the last group game in a Caribbean Cup tournament (the Shell Caribbean Cup), Barbados needed to beat Grenada by two goals in order to reach the final. A draw after 90 minutes would result in extra time whereas anything less than winning by two goals would see Grenada through to the final. The catch, however, was that the organisers had decided that in the case of extra time a golden goal would count as two goals.

Barbados took an early 2-0 lead, but Grenada made it 2-1 with seven minutes remaining. Barbados were heading out unless they scored a goal—any goal!

One Barbadian striker realised that his team were unlikely to score another goal against Grenada, with only a few minutes to go and Grenada playing an ultra-defensive tactic. Instead, he decided that their best chance of winning was to make the game go into extra time and score a golden goal, which would count as two goals.

So he promptly powered the ball past his own stunned goalkeeper to make it 2-2.

Now, Grenada needed to score a goal—at either end—to avoid extra time and to go through to the final. The Grenada players, initially stunned by the goal and suddenly realising what was going on, turned around and headed for their own net.

Now the comedy really starts as the Barbadians had anticipated this move and rushed to defend the Grenada goal—in addition to their own—until the whistle went for extra time. Now be honest, who could make up a story like this?

In the end, Barbadian ingenuity was rewarded as one of their strikers scored the winning goal four minutes into extra time, which sent Barbados to the final.

As was to be expected, the Grenadians were not amused. Grenada manager James Clarkson was furious. "I feel cheated, the person who came up with these rules must be a candidate for the madhouse.

"The game should never be played with so many players on the field confused. Our players did not even know which direction to attack; our goal or their goal. I have never seen this happen before. In football, you are supposed to score against your opponents in order to win, not for them."

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                                    4 dats between the matches not an hour.
                                                                                                                    Willie is right SA play 4 days before Wales...thats a bit mad isn't it

I suppose SA can always assume a bonus point win for Wales over Namibia anyway
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Strewelpeter; 20-09-11, 12:00.

Comment

Going into the last group game in a Caribbean Cup tournament (the Shell Caribbean Cup), Barbados needed to beat Grenada by two goals in order to reach the final.
                                                                                                                      The goal at 11 seconds is a thing of beauty.

Un partido normal... aparentemente. Era el último partido del triangular de primera fase y para pasar a la siguiente fase, Barbados tenía que ganar por 2 gol...

Comment

The goal at 11 seconds is a thing of beauty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThpYsN-4p7w
                                                                                                                        i love the look on his face as he keeps watching the clock trying to decide how long he can keep passing back and forward for before he has to either score or get tackled.
                                                                                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

lock screen obv you can look at this all day long!!
                                                                                                                          How do you lock screen + does it work for photos? Nothing more tilting than them adjusting themselves when you dont need it.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X