X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    on the other hand, he is a cunt so fair game imo

He's also in Aosdana.
    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
      My sister has just started college and needs a new laptop. My Dad's company has a deal with Dell afaik so can anybody recommend a decent Dell laptop that should cover what she needs it for? From a glance they seem to be around €400/€500 ish? Much appreciated.
      Originally posted by Emmet View Post
      Dell used to be unreal value in the small laptop market, but they're massively overpriced these days. I reckon even with a 15/20% discount you'd still be overpaying compared to Lenovo / Toshiba laptops.

If you must Dell it, get this (13.3inch screen) and upgrade the RAM to 3gb and the battery to the 8cell.

Portable, long battery life - two most important things imo for a college laptop.

This is what I'm getting the bro to get - http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/1046365...205-black.html (11.6inch screen)
      Get the dell, take the i5 processor upgrade for €60. Don't get the ram from Dell as you can buy 4gb online for €40 from memoryc or the likes and fit it in about 2 minutes with a small philips screwdriver.

The lenovo is fine but with no DVD and an inferior cpu the dell wins out for me.
      Last edited by 6starpool; 26-03-14, 11:25.

Comment

Available now in HMV

SPOILER

Comment

I would open that gate with all my strength and hope so so much she does hang, although probably no one there

Comment

date fail in that picture. Shoddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
              what os?

relatively easy to fix with the CD.
              Windows xp Home edition

I found the cd, you couldn't walk me through it, thanks a million.

Comment

for 5starpool:

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                  Would love to see a proper resistance at the traveller eviction today. Awful appeasement to little englander attitudes.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0919/essex.html
                  They shouldnt be evicting them, they should just shoot the lot of them, knackers and protesters alike.

Comment

for 5starpool:

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                      They shouldnt be evicting them, they should just shoot the lot of them, knackers and protesters alike.
                      Hope they move to Waterford, i would lol you so hard!!!! they would prob be hungry so you could feed them some of those baps in your profile pic's

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                        Hope they move to Waterford, i would lol you so hard!!!! they would prob be hungry so you could feed them some of those baps in your profile pic's
                        We have enough of the fuckers. Its all Wexford's fault as they all originate from there.

I cant even begin to describe by absolute hatred for the dirty cnuts. Would love to be able to implement my final solution

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Seen this on another site, thought it hilarious....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeZAS...layer_embedded

Comment

We have enough of the fuckers. Its all Wexford's fault as they all originate from there.

I cant even begin to describe by absolute hatred for the dirty cnuts. Would love to be able to implement my final solution
                              have to say i work of the ballyfermot road not to far from Labrame Park, would be a lot of settled travellers and have nothing but trouble with them, the children are worse! it's like there bred to be annoying little fcukers!!! (still hope they move them to waterford dthought!)

Comment

BUMP

IPBCOOP kicks off in 2.5 hours

Now 20 players signed up for the Overall Championship putting $860 into the fund

FlushdrawIRE
                                mystictarot
                                nabourisk
                                SlowDoke
                                Rattled77
                                Daragh999
                                TheScholar1
                                KevIRL
                                LuckySparky
                                MidniteKowby
                                UnaJammer
                                trishakids
                                karmalover
                                Finsceal Beo
                                Jesus_God
                                Cr@cker717
                                p0kermick
                                Murdererer
                                BrianByrne
                                2d@mng00d

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17 players signed up to tonights Limit Holdem opener and 15 signed up for the Stud game

Still time for anyone to get involved in the IPBCOOP 2011. 15 players signed up for the overall crown and they include double UKIPT winner Nick Abou Risk, resident MTT crushers doke and MidniteKowby, previous winners White Knight and Strewelpeter and even a couple of chicks chancing their arm

Games 1 and 2 are on a 7.30/8 this eve and it's Limit Holdem and Limit Stud first up.

The Main thread is here for anyone that needs it. Get involved people, it's great craic
                                Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                This kicks off tonight and so far we have only 7/8 players registered for the 2 games. Would be expecting triple these numbers by the time of kick-off.

We have 15 players reg'd for the Overall Championship so that's $645 in the prizepool at the moment. I originally said that it would be a 55/35/15 split, but that's based on about 30 runners. At the moment based on 15 runners and $645, we'll go 405/180/60

I'll review this at the end of game 4, and put up an exact % split for 1st/2nd/3rd but unless we hit 25 runners, we'll pay $85 for 3rd and about 70/30 for 1st/2nd.

If you want to reg for the overall championship, send €30/$43 to FlushdrawIRE on stars and post here to say it's been done.

List of Runners

FlushdrawIRE
                                mystictarot
                                nabourisk
                                SlowDoke
                                Rattled77
                                Daragh999
                                TheScholar1
                                KevIRL
                                LuckySparky
                                MidniteKowby
                                UnaJammer
                                trishakids
                                karmalover
                                Finsceal Beo
                                Jesus_God

You can sign up to take part in the overall leaderboard whenever you want, but only games played after you sign up will count towards your total.

Remember only your top 12 results count towards the overall score (although you will receive participation points for every game you play)

You will be awarded 1 point for every tournament you play with an entry fee of $3-$7 and you will be awarded 2 points for every tournament you play with a buyin of >$7
                                All payouts for individual games will be stars own 'pay top 20%' structure.

Good luck to everyone playing, let's have some fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                  no just no! As in live as in photo's; was some potential in the small photo (Far away) then they got clearer, (closer) how many of you have been caught out like that!!!!

Comment

You can't slander all of the travelling community.

Blackie and Johnny Connors were honest men.

Comment

for 5starpool:

That picture reminds me of the time I rode a Traveller from Dublin.

SPOILER
                                      It was cheaper than a Taxi .....

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                        have to say i work of the ballyfermot road not to far from Labrame Park, would be a lot of settled travellers and have nothing but trouble with them, the children are worse! it's like there bred to be annoying little fcukers!!! (still hope they move them to waterford dthought!)
                                        It's weird, most people from Ballyer, myself included, seem to forget that they are there at all.
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                          It's weird, most people from Ballyer, myself included, seem to forget that they are there at all.
                                          Work in a place that could hve half full skips of metal / wheels / lose ends they will hound u to death, Im from Wexford and i know a lot of these traveler types most are grand not a bother on them and it's handy if your stuck for something, other's are neville's if they were shot hung and quartered it still wouldn't be enough....just like everyone i suspose!!!

FYI the decents one's from there i haven't met because they haven't bothered me!!

Comment

In a hotel in Texas one day myself and a couple of friends were talking about the relative attractiveness of women, as you do, when the discussion veered into a slightly more anthropological direction with mention of how young married women who have had one or two children tend to look at their most alluring and flirtatious.
                                            One of us who shall remain nameless made a comment about how this was particularly noticeable amongst Traveller Women and began waxing eloquently about how you would see them out cleaning down the steps of the caravan in what is almost a display ritual...
                                            At this point we started laughing and got into hysterics, in the restaurant of this posh hotel the three of us ended up in uncontrolled laughter people looking and pointing , at one point there were two of us doubled over in pain from laughing, it took over an hour before we paused at all and days before we could look each other straight in the eye again without starting off again. When Dom posted that pic from the news the other day the texts started off and when we had a phone call after it we are as bad as that day hardly able to speak for laughter. Another day recently two of us were driving along with kids in the car and sure enough there is this wan bent over all hanging out washing down the step and the two of us are in tears laughing and our two teenage girls in the back demanding to know what's so funny

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                              Windows xp Home edition

I found the cd, you couldn't walk me through it, thanks a million.
                                              boot the machine up with the CD in the drive. select Startup repair from the menu. let it run through that, if that doesn;t work you'll have to do a system restore (another option that comes up during the boot).

do that and select a backup previous to today.

Should sort you out. PM me if it doesn't.

Comment

which public figure said this?

no Googling
                                                I gonna take a stab at Berlusconi.

Comment

Has Donkathon disappeared from the site or whats the story? He put a lot of work into the IPB game iirc

Comment

15th October has the potential to be an epic sporting Saturday.

9am - if Ireland can keep it together and make the rwc semi final this is when they'll play against either France or England.

12.45 Liverpool v united
                                                    15.00 villa v city
                                                    17.30 chelsea v everton.

20.00 - bed hammered after a day boozing and happy out with Ireland into a wc final. united beating Liverpool and shay given having the game of his life against his former club

Comment

Ryan Daut(Daut44 on stars) is currently 1/7 in WCOOP 40 1m Guaranteed and 29/111 in WCOOP 42 which restarts at 7. Animal imo

Comment

Hey guys looking to get a Netbook. Any ideas on what are the best ones? best value? etc

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                          Has Donkathon disappeared from the site or whats the story? He put a lot of work into the IPB game iirc
                                                          Am not sure actually. Not aware of him going anyway

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                                            Ryan Daut(Daut44 on stars) is currently 1/7 in WCOOP 40 1m Guaranteed and 29/111 in WCOOP 42 which restarts at 7. Animal imo
                                                            He was a former donk that Taylor Caby took on as a protege iirc.

Comment

9am - if Ireland can keep it together and make the rwc semi final this is when they'll play against either France or England.

12.45 Liverpool v united
                                                              15.00 villa v city
                                                              17.30 chelsea v everton.

20.00 - bed hammered after a day boozing and happy out with Ireland into a wc final. united beating Liverpool and shay given having the game of his life against his former club
                                                              I think for any day to be an epic sporting day it has to have more than 2 sports on during. villa v city, chelsea everton arent exactly going to get the blood flowing for most of us.

Comment

He was meant to be doing a weight loss prop bet but I don't know if it ever went ahead. I haven't seen him post in a while alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                                  Hey guys looking to get a Netbook. Any ideas on what are the best ones? best value? etc
                                                                  I got a Samsung one about 18 months, honestly think they are pretty awful. I've hardly used it.

I'd get a tablet or a proper laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                    I think for any day to be an epic sporting day it has to have more than 2 sports on during. villa v city, chelsea everton arent exactly going to get the blood flowing for most of us.
                                                                    The damage will be done from the earlier games and the first thing in the morning boozefest.

Ireland in a World Cup semi final is automatically and epic sports day

Comment

Another Google interview , this is a long process. Full day of interviews in their office I believe this time. Have to start studying all this week again. Fun, fun

Another weeklong ban from the poker sites!! Pity ipoker didn't have such a facility as I will no doubt try and play a bit there to fill the study breaks
                                                                      Last edited by digiman; 19-09-11, 18:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                        National disgrace that there is only manky orange-flavour jaffa cakes available, amirite?

You go into any other country's supermarkets and you'll see about 20 filling flavours competing for your money, but we seem to have stuck on a synthetic orange with dodge fake-chocolate coating.

Orange wouldn't even be in anyone's top five cake/biscuit filling options if it had to compete in an open marketplace.

We seem to have this trait as a country - develop something that's good and then don't try to improve it - it just becomes a natural monopoly

- Guinness
                                                                        - Potatoes
                                                                        - Jaffa cakes

Obv the first two were highly acceptable, but jaffa cakes?

Compare them with e.g. available in any Polish shop:

Lidl have cherry ones, have never gotten them.
                                                                        You need to stop shopping down the farmer's market Hitch.
                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Only waking sobering up now after an epic day of celebrations.
                                                                          Got tickets for the hill and went to the match with my dad, it was his 19th All Ireland final, his 13th one watching Dublin, really meant a lot to me to be at my first all ireland on the hill.

Comment

12.45 Liverpool v united
                                                                            15.00 villa v city
                                                                            17.30 chelsea v everton.

Is that Day 1B of the IPO?
                                                                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                              IPO is on the following weekend.

Comment

Week before i think

Comment

IPO is the week after iirc

Comment

IPO is two weeks forward and one week back from that weekend.
                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

So there i was, Row F, behind the goal at Old Trafford watching Torres go round De Gea wondering if he would score. And then it hit me.

shamelessly stolen
                                                                                      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Hatedajacks View Post
                                                                                        Often curious about this. What constitutes being a pro poker player? When asked what to u do lets say when been chatted up eg whats the responce.
                                                                                        Do people say not working but playing poker all the time.
                                                                                        Do u say i am a pro poker player.
                                                                                        Do u lie and not mention poker.
                                                                                        More interested to see if people are proud or slightly embarressed to say they play poker full time.
                                                                                        Not directed purely at u dice as i know your comment was a joke,just got me thinking.
                                                                                        Just say you work in IT, that always kills that conversation dead.

It can be a real pain in the ass. Sometimes you don't want to lie, but it can be very tiresome answering all of the inevitable questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                          Just say you work in IT, that always kills that conversation dead.

It can be a real pain in the ass. Sometimes you don't want to lie, but it can be very tiresome answering all of the inevitable questions.
                                                                                          God is this what im facing in the near future
                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

mickg 2nd outta 81 in wcoop 42 at the mo-353k up top

gogoggo tall Michael
                                                                                            Last edited by Midnitekowby; 19-09-11, 19:22.

Comment

BigMickG 2/81 in WCOOP 42. omgwtf.
                                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Leeds by 60.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnitekowby View Post
                                                                                                  mickg 2nd outta 81 in wcoop 42 at the mo-35k up top

gogoggo tall Michael
                                                                                                  Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                  BigMickG 2/81 in WCOOP 42. omgwtf.

We were doing a good job keeping a lid on it till now you numptys

Comment

Went to see Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy today and The Situation raved about it the other day and I liked but not on the same level for me I am afraid to say had only seen the trailer once so knew very little overall about it, there is some great scenes and some of the acting is superb but still would recommend people to go see it.

Only downside of the movie was the absolute clown behind me snoring his head off had a few bad movies in the flicks the last while with spanners in the audience. When I win the euromillions I am gonna rent out a screen to myself to watch movies and be away from the peasants (sounds like something RDIII would say)
                                                                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                      Only downside of the movie was the absolute clown behind me snoring his head off had a few bad movies in the flicks the last while with spanners in the audience. When I win the euromillions I am gonna rent out a screen to myself to watch movies and be away from the peasants (sounds like something RDIII would say)
                                                                                                      I'd build a big screen room in my gaf, save on the rental fee

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                        "My grandmother is very good at bingo. She wins loads" - Un-named postgraduate student.
                                                                                                        You should do a post of the week from some of your students

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                        Not on your life.

Definitely on for some lunchtime or early evening pints one of the days next week.

Just people talking shit. Such a largely humourless place to work, but I'll have to big it up as a great place in my leaving speech thing.
                                                                                                        Obviously have to work IPB into your farewell speech

Bumped into him at the UKIPT Dublin on the Saturday night I think it was, said he is up to his eyes with work as his father had a slight accident so he has had to take it over somewhat.

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                        I'd build a big screen room in my gaf, save on the rental fee
                                                                                                        Obviously that as well some balla screening room but for new releases its a screen to yourself, have to win like a hundy mill+

Comment

danny u blogging the euro 6max again this year?

Comment

danny u blogging the euro 6max again this year?
                                                                                                            I am yeah but I won't be covering it for IPB I'm afraid, Mike Lacey asked me to work for him at this event awhile back. He seems to be broadening his media coverage of his events the last while, I am sure I am gonna blog for D4 Events but not 100% sure what way it's gonna work.

Looking forward to it as it was some good craic last year as it was the place where I got the blogging buzz from, fingers crossed a few stunners over for the event like last year not sure if the other lads will be around to get their creep on for photos thou.

You playing it I assume?

Comment

Wanted to read the GOT books so I downloaded the official Kindle Reader from the Android market. Got the books from the cousins as part of a pack of 2500 quality Kindle books. Just started reading there and its surprisingly good on the little screen.
                                                                                                              I love you little Android.
                                                                                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I am yeah but I won't be covering it for IPB I'm afraid, Mike Lacey asked me to work for him at this event awhile back. He seems to be broadening his media coverage of his events the last while, I am sure I am gonna blog for D4 Events but not 100% sure what way it's gonna work.

Looking forward to it as it was some good craic last year as it was the place where I got the blogging buzz from, fingers crossed a few stunners over for the event like last year not sure if the other lads will be around to get their creep on for photos thou.

You playing it I assume?
                                                                                                                ya defo, one o my favourite tornies of the year, will be playing 1a on thursday + hopefully not playing again on the friday, what u think of a last longer, 50e?

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                                                  I got a Samsung one about 18 months, honestly think they are pretty awful. I've hardly used it.

I'd get a tablet or a proper laptop.
                                                                                                                  I was debating whether or not to get a tablet. Probably more fueled by that HP fire sale than anything else. Anyone have any experience of using them? Are they any use for notetaking?

Comment

A friend of mine just posted this on Facebook, wow looks pretty cool

Ghostface or any of the other lads you been to any/many NFL games, good craic?

Comment

ya defo, one o my favourite tornies of the year, will be playing 1a on thursday + hopefully not playing again on the friday, what u think of a last longer, 50e?
                                                                                                                      Yeah whatever you's want to do, maybe start a thread in the main forum for those folks playing that don't read in here, and draw up a few rules etc.

If you's want I will hold the loot.

Comment

Iv been to a lot of live sporting events and none even come close to the NFL its just class

Comment

A friend of mine just posted this on Facebook, wow looks pretty cool

Been to 2 cowboys eagles games in the new stadium. It is over priced,over crowded, full of high fiving retards, parking is a nightmare and id go again tomorrow if I could. Great experience but pales in comparison to college games. They are so much better

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X