X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

FWIW I can agree a bit with both sides of the arguments re Norris and his representation of behalf of his friend; yes, it wouldn't be quite as big a deal if he and his friend were straight, but come on, it would still be a pretty big deal despite that!

Other politicians and public figures in this country have had their reputations ruined / badly damaged, and rightfully so, for making representations in an official capacity for friends or patrons who were convicted of a broad variety of offences, not just statutory rape.
      Last edited by ionapaul; 22-09-11, 15:18.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
        edit FU sickpuppy
        No need for personal abuse after i made you a bacon sandwich and all[/QUOTE]

it was a quality sangage it has to be said

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
          I don't really know where to hang my hat on this issue.
          I despise the homophobic defense as much as I hate the enhanced doggedness of the attack.
          Isn't there are similar story about Mitchell?
          One thing is true, if every politician that made a dumb shit thunderfuck mistake was unelectable, the halls of office would be empty in Dublin.
          Mitchell asked for an anti abortion murderer not to be executed clemency after he murdered a doctor and a bodyguard outside an abortion clinic.
          He has also in the past asked for clemency in rape and murder cases in the usa
          hes ahorrible gimp i think and another eejit not worth voting for.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
            Strange request I know but Im nearly sure Its a simpsons episode.
            http://mobro.co/zuroph
            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
              You have a free postal service and free headed paper in your desk at work, I'd say it becomes second nature to use it for everything, official business or not.
              I have a free phone too, but wouldn't be too surprised if I was fired for using it to call sex lines.

Abusing inappropriate internet sites in work will get a similar result too...

I wouldn't for a second believe that it wasn't a concious decision to send it on the headed paper either.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                ah I was wrong.

ty

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                  somebody recommend a good value golf course for Sunday afternoon?
                  Know fcuk all about golf elm green in castleknock is cheap i heard was at driving range once.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                    So we send the taoiseach or minister for Foreign Affairs instead to these eejits. Big Deal.
                    Do those countries not have a problem with women too?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                        Are we moving on to reasons why I hate religion already!?

Comment

As long as they dont drive and like Mary MCALEESE said that those cartoons the danish cartoonist wrote about the prophet Mohammed were terrible as she did in Saudi theyll be fine.

Comment

Very little seems to have been said about Michell writing letters for a guy who actually raped and murdered.
                            I admit I know none of the details about this, but I'd wager that there was pressure put on him to do so by constituents. I wouldn't be so sure about Norris being in a similar position.

Fwiw, I just don't see him as a viable president, I'm not utterly condemning him, I just don't think that someone who's shown previous form can be given such a position.

A businessman who'd been seen to be operating fraudulently being elected the head of a new company is similar imo.
                            Last edited by Emmet; 22-09-11, 15:26.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                nah, point was that it is believed that Mitchell did it because he believes abortion is murder therefore he didn't think someone who killed an abortion hospital doctor deserved to die. Points to his religious nutjobiness.
                                is this Gay Mitchell? I have absolutely no idea what we're discussing btw...

Comment

Have some fun drawing stick man ........

Draw your very own hero and embark on amazing new adventures!
                                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                                  http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                    nah, point was that it is believed that Mitchell did it because he believes abortion is murder therefore he didn't think someone who killed an abortion hospital doctor deserved to die. Points to his religious nutjobiness.
                                    He aslo asked for Clemency for a girl who was 18 who was raped and murdered too.
                                    He is a religous nut Mcguinness has a good chance with all these loons as opposition

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                        is this Gay Mitchell? I have absolutely no idea what we're discussing btw...
                                        Yeah it's Gay Mitchell. He wrote letters looking for a guy who shot and killed a doctor and I believe another person to be let off the death penalty.

He claims to have written ~20 similar letters over the course of his career, claiming Amnesty International & other similar organisations have asked him to do so.

His anti-death-penalty stance is about the only thing I've heard Mitchell say that I like, but I'm suspicious as to his sincerity and think that sending clemency letters is way wrong as an approach to the problem.

Comment

space cadets the lot of them.

Let the Germans take over imo

Comment

Why should I hate Michael D. Higgins by the way? I'm sure he's got something...

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                              Why should I hate Michael D. Higgins by the way? I'm sure he's got something...
                                              Bastard annoyed me for 2 full hours on the train one time constantly talking loudly on his phone in his annoying fucking voice.
                                              Id have told him to shut up but feared he may have had a stroke and id be up for manslaughter or something another one away with the fairies.

Comment

I some times wish operation green had taken place with my once blond hair ,blue eyes
                                                tall features, sure id have got,a good position somewhere as long as it was not the eastern front.

Comment

really sick of the proNorris brigade at the moment, as one wag wrote, he is like a ham actor that refuses to leave the stage.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                    I some times wish operation green had taken place with my once blond hair ,blue eyes
                                                    tall features, sure id have got,a good position somewhere as long as it was not the eastern front.
                                                    I'm a freakin Aryan poster boy so long as I keep the face trimmed...

I was talking more of their no-nonsense approach to all things political and economical and business that would be much appreciated in this place!

Comment

we'd have nobody like Norris alive if the master race had their way. (or gingers)

Comment

IPBCOOP games 3 and 4 tonight

PLO Rebuy and NLHE 6max

Comment

Bird with cancer and living in a caravan, just turned down 77k with 20k and 250k left on DOND.

She's also gone into odds on favourite on X-Factor.

Comment

Just went to see Warrior which was released today. Not going to trouble the oscars but defo worth a watch.Really enjoyed it.
                                                            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I was talking to a French and a Spanish guy the other day and they were going out about how corrupt their politicians were, how fucked up the system is etc.

Telling them our Presidential election will be contested by (allowing for some poetic licence):

a terrorist, a fanatical member of Opus Dei, a former Eurovision winner, a man who defended a convicted child rapist, some guy off Dragon's Den and Michael D. Higgins put them back in their place.

Comment

For hardcore Breaking Bad fans

Galway Film Centre are delighted to announce an exciting 2 day event in October 2011 for those interested in Writing for TV Drama. The event will feature writers/directors/producers from the US, Australia, the UK and Ireland.

One of the many highlights of the event will be an in depth interview with Vince Gilligan, creator and writer on Breaking Bad and also writer of multiple X-Files episodes. Breaking Bad has been named one of the best shows of 2011 by the American Film Institute and Stephen King hailed it as ‘the best of the 21st Century’. Other interesting events will include a workshop style session with Emmy winning director, Dearbhla Walsh and writer Fiona Seres focusing on The Silence, which attracted 5 million viewers in 2010.
                                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

having a little chuckle to myself here at the ironing

I have a subset of friends on FB who feel the need to update their status to "to Arther" or "he's a legend" or something to that effect.

These guys will be the first to change their status to "fuck rangers" or "go home huns" etc etc.

For those not aware of the delicious ironing Arthur Guinness was an Irsh Unionist AFAIK

True story

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post

I have a subset of friends on FB who feel the need to update their status to "to Arther" or "he's a legend" or something to that effect.

These guys will be the first to change their status to "fuck rangers" or "go home huns" etc etc.

For those not aware of the delicious ironing Arthur Guinness was an Irsh Unionist AFAIK

True story
                                                                    Whats Ironing got to do with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Hatedajacks View Post
                                                                      Whats Ironing got to do with it?
                                                                      I was being satirical

Comment

Norris's campaign remains the most interesting. There isn't a single comment about him that doesn't arrive carrying a shitload of baggage.
                                                                        If the letter can be put into the background where it belongs and people allowed to give it the weight they feel it deserves without having to constantly listen to ... I don't know whether to call it propaganda or just downright lies like
                                                                        a man who defended a convicted child rapist
                                                                        A straight fight between Norris, Mitchell and McGuinness could be a really interesting campaign.
                                                                        Michael Twee will probably spoil it by grinding us all down with his awful poetry sucking the life out of the debate and letting him ease through and win as the soft option without everyone having to deal with the mirror the other three throw up to ourselves.
                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

True story
                                                                          Why the fuck are we closing roads in support of an Advert for Diagio?

Comment

I was being satirical
                                                                            that's not satire. It's alanis Morsiiette irony.
                                                                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

...

Comment

True story
                                                                                While Arthur Guinness was indeed a prodestant he was infact an ally and supporter of Henry Grattan who was opposed to the union of Irish and British governments

Comment

I was being satirical
                                                                                  Irony is opposite to wrinkly .......

Comment

great chance for 2k plo ticket only to be dogged in 2 hands on the river in both

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                      Norris's campaign remains the most interesting. There isn't a single comment about him that doesn't arrive carrying a shitload of baggage.
                                                                                      If the letter can be put into the background where it belongs and people allowed to give it the weight they feel it deserves without having to constantly listen to ... I don't know whether to call it propaganda or just downright lies like

A straight fight between Norris, Mitchell and McGuinness could be a really interesting campaign.
                                                                                      Michael Twee will probably spoil it by grinding us all down with his awful poetry sucking the life out of the debate and letting him ease through and win as the soft option without everyone having to deal with the mirror the other three throw up to ourselves.
                                                                                      I did say I was allowing for poetic licence. FWIW I think Norris should definitely run and he'll come close, though I doubt he'll win.

Personally I'm glad I won't be in the country as I'd struggle to vote for any candidate.

The Norris letter story was initially blown out of proprtion, but it was still a very reckless thing for someone in public office to do.

Using his position to lobby on behalf of a friend, and the excuse that he was so used to using headed paper he didn't realise doesn't hold sway with me, is just the kind of mentality that plagues Irish politics. If he could claim he was acting in the national interest then fair enough, but he wasn't.

There is also now another problem that would prevent me voting for Norris. As regrettable as it is, the gutter press in other countries would not hesitate to latch on to this story.

Over the last ten years our country has been in the international news for only two issues, the economic crisis and the various reports exposing the abuse within the Catholic church, sporting endeavours aside. As retarded as they would be, stories along the lines of 'Paedo President in Paedo state' would not be beyond the realms of The Sun or Bild.

Our president has a purely ceremonial role, and I think giveen our current, beleaguered standing in the international community we need a president who will basically behave like a Victorian child - be seen and not heard. Unfairly or not, Norris carries too much baggage, as does pretty much every other candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
                                                                                        Our president has a purely ceremonial role, and I think giveen our current, beleaguered standing in the international community we need a president who will basically behave like a Victorian child - be seen and not heard. Unfairly or not, Norris carries too much baggage, as does pretty much every other candidate.
                                                                                        Not true, but close to the truth.

FWIW I still think there isn't a single genuinely viable candidate in the field. We've returned to the days of the Park being a retirement home for failed politicians and general "celeb" types it seems.

Mitchell has the personality of a door knob and, though I don't know much about the man beyond that, his religion and his views on homosexuality don't sit well with me.

Gallagher doesn't get a comment from me.

Norris has a lot of what I'd like a President to be (at least he'd be fun!) but I doubt he'll get it. He'd be my preferred candidate at this point.

Micky D. is actually the best candidate in many ways. Won't win but wish he could be in the mix.

McGuinness I have no time for whatsoever. Will never get my vote.

Mary Davis: I know nothing about this woman. She's been a nailed on Presidential candidate for a while now and I have no idea who she is. It's not as if I'm not tuned in to current affairs either. Total PR failure, no chance at this point.
                                                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Memories of last years 'celebrations'

Some of the best bits from the last two Arthur's Day. So excited about this year!!!This video uses a short clip from a tv advert in order to comment directly...

Comment

...

Comment

Following Sky announcing they will start rolling out 3D football from Sunday... they have also admitted they are still having teething problems when filming Liverpool who still appear one dimensional.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                Following Sky announcing they will start rolling out 3D football from Sunday... they have also admitted they are still having teething problems when filming Liverpool who still appear one dimensional.
                                                                                                Have to rob that if you dont mind

Comment

Originally posted by Hatedajacks View Post
                                                                                                  Have to rob that if you dont mind
                                                                                                  Its what I did...

Comment

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                        McGuinness I have no time for whatsoever. Will never get my vote.
                                                                                                        Like to hear your thoughts on why?

Comment

Second best again SHD!
                                                                                                          We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Anyone remember who it was who slowrolled BigMickG with KK in the WCOOP on Tuesday night? Was it JoeJoe something?
                                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                              Not true, but close to the truth.
                                                                                                              Yeah obviously there's still some powers such as signing laws etc. but these very rarely come into play as an issue.

I actually wrote an essay on semi-presidential political systems when I was in college but I've forgotten most of it unfortunately. If I remember correctly an Irish president theoretically has quite a lot power if they choose to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                                                Second best again SHD!
                                                                                                                Jesus christ. And I actually went back and checked that it hadn't yet been posted earlier in the day. That is the integrity I bring to proceedings.

fml.

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
                                                                                                                  I did say I was allowing for poetic licence.
                                                                                                                  I know I only used your quote because I was too lazy to scroll up and pick another one.

Comment

This video clip is of the The Angriest Guitar Player In The World!!! Warning Viewer Discretion is advised, swearing and self inflicted violence in this clip....

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                      Anyone remember who it was who slowrolled BigMickG with KK in the WCOOP on Tuesday night? Was it JoeJoe something?
                                                                                                                      Do not remember who it was, think he was from Canada

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                          No it was the canadian donky sporty_231 finished 7th in the end, why?.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X