This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
    Been a most enjoyable week and a half to date.
    Any chance of cliffs on remaining Irish hopes?

I was at a music festival in Spain all week and lost my phone on day 1, so was pretty much out of the loop. Apparently not everyone follows Laser Radial sailing.

I had to spend 6 hours in East Midlands airport yesterday, what a weird collection of the nut-lowest common denominator of people, though I probably didn't give off the best image either.

I'd been awake for approaching 40 hours and was full on in the midst of festival-withdrawal symptoms. I really feel sorry for anyone who had to sit near me on either of the flights I took,
    though on my second flight one of them has enough money for me not to feel too bad, given it was Michael O'Leary.

Comment

Irish guy no good in Blake's heat in the 200m.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
        Sauce from a jar, shame on you!
        didn't particularly want to do any of the prep stuff myself with something that hot. Get it in your eye and you're heading to hospital!

Comment

Gavin Noble going very well so far. Wont medal but putting in a great performance
          Getting in some TV time on the front

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
            Any chance of cliffs on remaining Irish hopes?

Its all down to the boxers now for the medals. 2 in the bag and 2 more to go.

Outside hopes for Rob Heffernan in the 50km walk (Sat) and very outside hope for Andrzej Jezierski in canoe sprint (Fri)

Comment

Triathlon Ireland -

"Word just in Jonny Brownlee may have a 15sec penalty for an early bike mount out of T1. Not confirmed"

Comment

Its all down to the boxers now for the medals. 2 in the bag and 2 more to go.

Outside hopes for Rob Heffernan in the 50km walk (Sat) and very outside hope for Andrzej Jezierski in canoe sprint (Fri)
                Cheers, I actually saw Heffernan in the 20km in a bar and he was quite impressive, though still quite off the medals. Which of our boxers was eliminated? Did they give a good account of themselves at least?

Comment

not 100% sure about this but i think anyone world wide can down load this http://www.expatshield.com/ and then be able to view the bbc player for any of the Olympic replays.
                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
                    Cheers, I actually saw Heffernan in the 20km in a bar and he was quite impressive, though still quite off the medals. Which of our boxers was eliminated? Did they give a good account of themselves at least?
                    O Neill and Nolan both eliminated, both won their first fight but were up against some strong opposition in their next ones.

re Heffernan, the 50km is his main event and he was using the 20km as a warm up. The reigning champion of the 50km was kicked out of the games yesterday for doping

Comment

These Brownlees are absolute machines.

Hope they get a 1-2.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                        These Brownlees are absolute machines.

Hope they get a 1-2.
                        15 second penalty will bugger that hope surely?

Comment

Any recommendations for a good central hotel in Berlin?

Looking at the Hotel Concorde.

Also things to do/see

Where do I find Dannys TR?

Comment

Will be a blow alright, but they are very good.

Hayes will try and tow him back into on the run anyway.

Comment

I went to sichuan last year and dabbled in some local cuisine. Christ, I never want to feel that level of spice ever again. Having a cold didn't help either, went through a whole roll of tissue.

Comment

Mate who is very decent triathlete reckons they can still do 1-2 even with penalty but will need to shake Gomez by the 8k.

Running is their best discipline.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Also things to do/see

Did a quick search there and only post I can see is were Danny says he will put up a trip report the next day but can't see it myself. Pretty sure he did one too.

Edit: I'm blind obviously http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ostcount=81821
                                  Last edited by ghostface; 07-08-12, 12:00.

Comment

Does the term MILF generally apply to older women only? Is a 25 year old with a kid who is quality also a MILF? Some girl out in the plaza area behind the office who seems to have 2 young kids and is quite hot but applying the MILF term to her does not seem to sit well with me.
                                    She has to be old enough to be your mother imo

Comment

Also things to do/see

Im not quite sure about Hotels but can help out with what to do anyway.

You should spend a day doing the obvious things... The Television Tower (about 6 euro to go to the top with unreal bar and restaurant that rotates up there). The Jewish Memorial which is located right next to it, The Brandenburg Gate, Concentration Camp located just outside Berlin. Head to the flea markets too which are a great laugh.

The one thing I would recommend highly is taking the free tour which leaves from The Brandenburg Gate every morning at 11am. You will get to see the whole of the city and all its history in about 4 hours with a guide and its free!

You should check out where Merkel is based (parliament) pretty cool inside there. Then all the restaurants etc.. You have to try out the real Berlin kebabs here, Currywurst is another amazing food that has to be had when here. The list of bars are endless but Belushis (sports bar) is amazing...2 euro for buy 1 get 1 free Carlsberg and shots are 1 euro each. Great night for a piss up... That free tour will bring you most places including where Hitlers Bunker was etc. I would recommend checking out The Eastside gallery as well. (longest remaining piece of the Berlin Wall.

Will try and think of more but there is a rake of stuff to do.

Comment

Originally posted by amberleaf View Post
                                        not 100% sure about this but i think anyone world wide can down load this http://www.expatshield.com/ and then be able to view the bbc player for any of the Olympic replays.
                                        FilmOn give you all these free too.
                                        FilmOn TV is a popular online streaming platform that offers a wide variety of live TV channels, movies, and TV shows. The platform was launched in 2010 and has since become one of the largest online TV networks in the world. It offers a wide range of channels from all over the world, including news, sports, entertainment, and lifestyle channels. In addition to live TV channels, FilmOn TV also provides on-demand content, including a library of movies and TV shows that can be streamed online. The platform is available on a variety of devices, including smartphones, tablets, smart TVs, and gaming consoles, making it accessible to a large audience.
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Bhut Jolokai

Firstly, this is NOT faked in any shape or form, I had to edit this video down as it was before I became a partner on Youtube and had a restriction of 10 min...

Comment

Is the triathlon just a made up sport for white guys domination ?

Comment

Just had the INFERNO from Lidl from Lunch after reading about Eagle Eyes post.. Love hot things.

Extremely hot but very tasty..Would recommend.

Comment

How can you run this pace after the swim and the bike. So sick.

Comment

Lads 'Undefeated' is released in the cinemas in the UK today.
                                                  Does anyone know if it is being shown anywhere over here?

Comment

Alistair finished that like an absolute boss.

Comment

23rd from Gavin Noble, good performance from him

Comment

Brownlee family now 36th on medal table.

Ahead of Spain, Argentina and Norway.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                          I really really hate the false start rule for all the sprint races. They should allow 1 per race rather than 1 per person, but instant DQ after all the training, preperation and money wasted is heartbreaking for the guy involved
                                                          One false start for everyone was done in the past but it was abused by people who were not good starters - they would false start on purpose to take away the advantage of those who were quick out of the blocks as everyone would hae to wait that split second longer

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                          just stopped being shown in Liffey Valley AFAIK

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                                                            Nope in Malaysia, so outside the eurovision area
                                                            What sort of volume of coverage do the free-to-air stations give in Malaysia, would they do 12 hours live coverage every day like RTE/BBC/Eurosport?

Comment

Vue are showing it tonight and tomorrow @ 9.00

Comment

Alistair Brownlee ran that 10k just 1m23s slower than did Mo Farah on a track (without swimming a mile and cycling marathon first). His time of 29.07 for the 10k run at the end of the triathlon would've won the women's 10,000m by more than a minute.

Insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post

just stopped being shown in Liffey Valley AFAIK
                                                                  See the latest films and live events in 2D, 3D, IMAX and IMAX 3D at Vue cinemas. Browse movie times at a cinema near you and book your tickets online today.

Deffo tonight.

Man date this evening so.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWitchDoctor View Post
                                                                    TBH I'm not overly confident about waking before half 7 to buy a ticket but if I manage it I reckon I'm a 50% shot to win it
                                                                    You have had your good run already give somebody else a shot for now

Also things to do/see

Berlin is awesome, I see my TR was posted hope you get some useful info from it.

Vue in Liffey Valley only one showing a day at 9 till Thursday it looks like.
                                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                      didn't particularly want to do any of the prep stuff myself with something that hot. Get it in your eye and you're heading to hospital!
                                                                      That's what she said.
                                                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Vue are showing it tonight and tomorrow @ 9.00
                                                                        I see Vue have upped their prices since I saw Batman there, €10.40 and that's with 10% off the price, robbing bastards.

Comment

I see Vue have upped their prices since I saw Batman there, €10.40 and that's with 10% off the price, robbing bastards.
                                                                          Thank god for the Cineworld Unlimited card, in there it's €8.70 before 6 then €11.30 after. How much is it into the likes of the Odeon/IMC/Savoy/Dundrum etc?

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                            Thank god for the Cineworld Unlimited card, in there it's €8.70 before 6 then €11.30 after. How much is it into the likes of the Odeon/IMC/Savoy/Dundrum etc?
                                                                            Went to see Ted last week, Dundrum was booked out but got seats in the new place in Tallaght. €1.50 pp dearer than Dundrum & was down in Screen 13 which I thought had awful sound.

Comment

Originally posted by UraiseIfold View Post
                                                                              Jesus, that was six years ago. I lose a lot more chips with top pair these days!

Very unlikely I'll have the option to take the cash. I'll ask, but fuck it, in for a penny...

It'll break up the Irish winter very nicely. And I love Melbourne. Been itching to go back for ages.
                                                                              Sell percentages, am sure they would be snapped up.

Originally posted by RBBlogger View Post
                                                                              My day off,no food in the gaff, dying of hangover and gaggin for a fry up but too hot to go outside... FUCK, i need grease!!(First world problems I know!)
                                                                              Just walked to Valletta and back to apply for an ID card, unbearable out there.

Comment

when wasn't working the price was about 7.70 during the daytime I think which is good. Must be even more expensive on Fri-Sat too. Prices for TDKR tonight in other places, where you getting the Cineworld price from, seems to be cheapest?

Savoy - €8.60
                                                                                IMC - €9.00
                                                                                Vue - €10.40
                                                                                Dundrum - €9.50
                                                                                Odeon (Point) - €10.50
                                                                                Cineworld - €7.20

Comment

Ye i booked TDKR in advance and couldn't believe the price.
                                                                                  Almost €15 combined including booking fee.

Comment

I generally don't go to any other cinemas because I have the Cineworld card €20 a month & you can go to as many movies as you like, if you in anyway go to the cinema on a frequent basis you would be pretty mad to not avail of this card.

Normal cinema prices (adult) in Dublin (sorry culchies) & not including 3D screenings/VIP seating or reduced from booking online, cinemas just off the top of my head.

Cineworld - €6.60 before 12 €8.70 before 6 then €11.30 after, and on Tuesday their prices are reduced to €7.20

Odeon - €6.00 before 6 €10.50 after 6

IMC - €7.00 before 6 €9.00 after 6

Vue - Mon-Thu before 5pm €8.65 Mon - Thu 5pm & after Fri before 5pm €10.40 Fri 5pm & after Sat & Sun Bank Holidays €11.50

Savoy - €6.70 before 6 €8.60 after 6

Moves @ Dundrum - Before 1pm All regular shows are €5.30 Matinee €6.80 Early Evening €7.70 Evening €9.50

Lighthouse - Monday- Sunday before 5pm €7.50 Monday- Sunday after 5pm €9.00

I get why people would go to one cinema over another be it loyalty/familiarity/handiness one does butter popcorn the other doesn't etc etc. Odeon/Vue are the only ones I know that do VIP seating, go to a 3D screening in a VIP seat in Vue and pay €15.50.

Comment

View full lesson: http://ed.ted.com/lessons/calculating-the-odds-of-intelligent-alien-lifeCould there be intelligent life on other planets? This question has...
                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

This one shocked me the other day. He is the all-Africa champion.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

I generally don't go to any other cinemas because I have the Cineworld card €20 a month & you can go to as many movies as you like, if you in anyway go to the cinema on a frequent basis you would be pretty mad to not avail of this card.

Normal cinema prices (adult) in Dublin (sorry culchies) & not including 3D screenings/VIP seating or reduced from booking online, cinemas just off the top of my head.

Cineworld - €6.60 before 12 €8.70 before 6 then €11.30 after, and on Tuesday their prices are reduced to €7.20

Odeon - €6.00 before 6 €10.50 after 6

IMC - €7.00 before 6 €9.00 after 6

Vue - Mon-Thu before 5pm €8.65 Mon - Thu 5pm & after Fri before 5pm €10.40 Fri 5pm & after Sat & Sun Bank Holidays €11.50

Savoy - €6.70 before 6 €8.60 after 6

Moves @ Dundrum - Before 1pm All regular shows are €5.30 Matinee €6.80 Early Evening €7.70 Evening €9.50

Lighthouse - Monday- Sunday before 5pm €7.50 Monday- Sunday after 5pm €9.00

I get why people would go to one cinema over another be it loyalty/familiarity/handiness one does butter popcorn the other doesn't etc etc. Odeon/Vue are the only ones I know that do VIP seating, go to a 3D screening in a VIP seat in Vue and pay €15.50.
                                                                                          I think I'm the longest studying 'student' in Ireland according to the cinemas
                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                                                                                            http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

...
                                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

...
                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

wrestling is a bit bizarre here.

Korea and French guys going hell for leather in last 30 secs

Comment

Anyone know what event this is?

Comment

Just back from getting all Mia's school stuff. Unreal how much it costs to put a child into first class!

200 quid Approx. Its a pain not having a book rental scheme in her school.
                                                                                                      Luckily enough all Chanel needs is leaving cert exam papers, uniform obv is falling to bits , not a fucking chance am I buying a new uniform with one year left in school!
                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post

Garth Books.
                                                                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Tomorrowland

Comment

Thats the stage at tomorrowland in belgium
                                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Comment

Reading Festival, ldo
                                                                                                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                  Drugs obv

Comment

How can you run this pace after the swim and the bike. So sick.
                                                                                                                    Alistair Brownlee ran that 10k just 1m23s slower than did Mo Farah on a track (without swimming a mile and cycling marathon first). His time of 29.07 for the 10k run at the end of the triathlon would've won the women's 10,000m by more than a minute.

Insane.
                                                                                                                    They are different class whats more if it was not draft legal the winning margins would be much bigger. Gomez had a very good race and taking the penalty out i suspect Gomez would have held off JB.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                                                                                                      Is the triathlon just a made up sport for white guys domination ?
                                                                                                                      Its a white mans basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
                                                                                                                        They are different class whats more if it was not draft legal the winning margins would be much bigger. Gomez had a very good race and taking the penalty out i suspect Gomez would have held off JB.
                                                                                                                        what's this Fran?

Comment

That men's high bar final was great. That must be gymnasts favourite event.
                                                                                                                          You get to just go for it. The anti Beam and pommel horse

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X