X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    BBC commentator couldn't be more sceptical if he tried
    No idea if he is or isn't on drugs but he is an 800M runner and they played right into his hands with the pace, he ran <25 seconds for the penultimate 200M
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Further to my previous comment, this is worth a read
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Shit, no idea we had a fighter up tonight. I still have yet to see 1 irish athlete at the boxing
        I need to up my game

Comment

Eamon Dunphy claims the non-singing of the Spanish anthem by their players was a deliberate show of unity between Basques/Catalans/Castilians. Yes, the Spani...

lol dunphy

Comment

I had Conlon losing all 3 rds. Was just about to post Magee is acting all comical ali. Turns out im the senile one.

Comment

its sad that when we see a feat of super human athletic ability we immediately think of drugs.

No doubt he's guilty obv

Comment

Time to update the boxing list

Sunday: JJ Nevin fights for a medal @8:45pm WINS 19-13
                Monday: Katie Taylor fights for a medal @2:30pm WINS 26-15
                Tuesday: Michael Conlan fights for a medal @9pm WINS 22-18
                Wednesday: Katie Taylor semi-final bout @2pm
                Wednesday: Paddy Barnes fights for a medal @8:45pm
                (Thursday: Possible Katie Taylor final @4:45pm)
                Friday: JJ Nevin semi-final bout @2pm
                Friday: Michael Conlan semi-final bout @8:45pm

If we get any men to the final, they would fight Saturday night (Barnes or Nevin) or Sunday lunchtime (Conlan).

edit - Cooker, you dope. Save this!

Comment

Not sure the commentator was going on about drugs.
                  Wasn't he the Algerian who took a sickie yesterday for the 800 and got thrown out of the Olympics as a non-trier, then back in on appeal?

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                    its sad that when we see a feat of super human athletic ability we immediately think of drugs.

No doubt he's guilty obv
                    Irish panel guy, they will be holding that blood sample for the 8 years...lol
                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

If I could do this I'd be using my powers to snap knicker elastic in coppers 7 nights a week.
                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                        Thank fuck for Billy Walsh. Guy deserves a huge amount of credit for it
                        This and to a man who is no longer with us called Tom Foxe. Tom is more famous for becoming an independent TD many years ago over hospital issues in Roscommon but he was a great boxing man. He was instrumental in bringing over Nicholas Cruz to Ireland in the early 90s. Tom was manager of the Irish boxing team at the Barcelona Olympics. Cruz came back to Ireland full time in mid 90s and he set Irish boxing on the right path. Billy Walsh became a great coach under his guidance.
                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Further to my previous comment, this is worth a read
                            That's a great piece. There's a horrible sentence in it that resonates even today in most international sports that Ireland competes in unfortunately.

Not long after accepting the role, he made a presentation to the Central Council of the IABA in the National Stadium, articulating a mission statement of having Irish boxers consistently take their place on international podiums. And Keegan sensed an odd chemistry in the room. "I felt people were very uncomfortable with it," he remembers.

"It was as if they were saying, 'Who do you think you are?'."
                            Every so often someone sticks the toe in the water, tries to shake it up and convince Irish people to shift the inferiority complex. Keane got it badly wrong, or just got completely fed up of the shite he was fed. But he was right, just picked a terrible time for it!

Pains me to see similar stuff written constantly in our own papers tbh. 'Who are we to try achieve something'.

Comment

Some great stuff in the team events in last few hours.
                              GBR v Spain mens Hockey was 1-1 with 3 minutes to go - draw good enough for GBR to get a semi spot whilst Spain needed a win.
                              Frantic last 3 minutes with Spain getting 4 penalty corners but failing to convert. Then got another one with 15 seconds left but the second umpire reversed it. Cue Busquets/Alba style hassling of the umpires at the end as GBR got their draw.

Turkey v Russia womens basketball quarter final, started watching as niece is in stand but ended up glued to it for last quarter. Absolute classic with the sides level about 10 times but Russia sneaking it by 3. Last second Hail Mary 3 pointer throw by Turkey agonisingly hit the ring and out.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                Drugs obv.
                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                  Irish panel guy, they will be holding that blood sample for the 8 years...lol
                                  thats Gerry Kiernan he's the nut miserable bastard anyway

Comment

decent deal on menupages for Diep le Shaker, €45 for two course meal for two with vino

me likey

Comment

decent deal on menupages for Diep le Shaker, €45 for two course meal for two with vino

me likey
                                      whats that place like, only ever ate in one in airport which is decent but would expect more from other ones
                                      airport, lol

Comment

Drugs obv.
                                        Racist.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

trying to bluetooth a few photos from my phone to my friends new iphone4s, not happening, any ideas? Both devices visible to each other.

Comment

Racist.
                                              Only 3 more sleeps !
                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by carjim View Post
                                                trying to bluetooth a few photos from my phone to my friends new iphone4s, not happening, any ideas? Both devices visible to each other.
                                                What colour are both phones?
                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Another good one, Bridge bar and restaurant (favourite of ionapaul's iirc)

€50 for three courses for two, without vino

This is an interesting reaction to all the puking that is going on around me
                                                  Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 07-08-12, 21:25.

Comment

One is black and the other is a banana colour

Comment

One is black and the other is a banana colour
                                                      Ripe bananna ?
                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

just email them to each other
                                                        airport, lol

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

just email them to each other
                                                            Can't, mine is not a smartphone, it's the banana one

Comment

Can't, mine is not a smartphone, it's the banana one
                                                              Bring photo up on screen of banana. Take picture of screen with iphone. Throw banana in the bin.
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                Some great stuff in the team events in last few hours.
                                                                GBR v Spain mens Hockey was 1-1 with 3 minutes to go - draw good enough for GBR to get a semi spot whilst Spain needed a win.
                                                                Frantic last 3 minutes with Spain getting 4 penalty corners but failing to convert. Then got another one with 15 seconds left but the second umpire reversed it. Cue Busquets/Alba style hassling of the umpires at the end as GBR got their draw.
                                                                Just saw that, made more amusing by the fact that there was a Spanish player called Fabregas.

umpires were dead right too, clear free out

Comment

This is an interesting reaction to all the puking that is going on around me
                                                                  Better stick to whiskey imo^^
                                                                  So, everyone else is still puking. Sounds serious to me at this stage. Did you stick to the Whiskey, or other bottled beverages?
                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Boxing is an absolute joke, pretty sure there is something wrong with the judges

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                      So, everyone else is still puking. Sounds serious to me at this stage. Did you stick to the Whiskey, or other bottled beverages?
                                                                      Anchor Steam, thanks to KevIRL.

Don't know what it was, seems to pass quite quickly through the victims anyway. Wouldn't surprise me if it was the fucking water. The baby didn't get it and she doesn't drink water. Mind you, the dog is still alive.

Comment

conlon fight on BBC3 now for another take

Comment

Banana Phone :)btw, ppl, the fast version is just this song sped up.big whoop.and you can see it on my other account-allthelyriczhttp://budurl.com/2jld

Comment

Feck

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                              Need to repost BobSloane's vid from yesterday. I'm so in love with Katie, think she represents everything thats good about Ireland
                                                                              here's another from 10 years ago

From the RTÉ Archives: Kevin O'Connell interviews Katie Taylor back in 2002 for the programme 'Sport Stream'.For more go to http://www.rte.ie/sport/

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                Boxing is an absolute joke, pretty sure there is something wrong with the judges
                                                                                Throwing away my green-tinted spectacles for a second, I agree.

Crowd must be a factor?

Comment

I haven't played a single moment of online poker since the 4th of July (don't miss it in the slighted at the moment) and have missed most evenings' Olympic viewing in favour of playing Batman: Arkham City during my spare time (which doesn't amount to much admittedly). Being this addicted to gaming cannot be sustainable long-term! It becomes worrying when you start to day-dream about becoming unemployed... apologies if that sounds terribly self-indulgent and spoiled to those searching for work.

Comment

Who ever invented “Knock- Knock jokes” should get a No-bell prize.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                      here's another from 10 years ago
                                                                                      I thought this one was gas

Comment

Throwing away my green-tinted spectacles for a second, I agree.

Crowd must be a factor?
                                                                                        The fight before the Conlon one there that BBC showed, no idea how the Ukranian won it. The other lad was in shock when it was declared a draw and he lost on count back. Think he is the current World Champ. Just so many weird decisions in boxing all the time. Watching the Conlon fight there and he was very good in the last round, the French lad couldn't keep up with him.

Comment

Oh Gabby Gabby Gabby

Comment

Only 3 more sleeps !
                                                                                            Barely slept last night

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                              Oh Gabby Gabby Gabby
                                                                                              Cliffs and or pics?
                                                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Barely slept last night
                                                                                                Cliffs and or pics?
                                                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Wexford\Waterfordonians; Aldridge Lodge in Duncannon, has anyone stayed and\or eaten there?

Comment

Wexford\Waterfordonians; Aldridge Lodge in Duncannon, has anyone stayed and\or eaten there?
                                                                                                    Full of hookers and junkies.

Comment

Full of hookers and junkies.
                                                                                                      sounds good for a romantic weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                        Cliffs and or pics?
                                                                                                        SPOILER

Comment

yes, its absolutely unreal

Woman who ran it had a surprise baby last year, was working one day unawares, had a baby the next.

Comment

yes, its absolutely unreal

Woman who ran it had a surprise baby last year, was working one day unawares, had a baby the next.
                                                                                                            Not the greatest endorsement of her abilities.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                              Was staying in quite an out-of-the-way place in Portugal around Eastertime and ended up eating here. It had a nice terrace so me and the kids wandered out and discovered that it adjoined a nursing home that seemed to cater for Ingerlish geriatrics.

So far, so normal until I noticed the plaque on the wall that stated 'opened by Sir Cliff Richard'

How the mighty have fallen.

Comment

Not the greatest endorsement of her abilities.
                                                                                                                I think some trivia adds to a recommendation.

Also, recommend Templars Inn for pints around there. Strand Tavern not bad for seafood chowder.

Fort is worth a tour too.

Crab Fishing competitions in Harbour this time of year, expect to be beaten by Chelsea Malloy, a girl I remember being 6, winning every single competition ever created around Duncannon.

She's probably moved away at this stage, but the legend lives on.

Comment

yes, its absolutely unreal.
                                                                                                                  that'll do. I'll call them tomorrow.

Hopefully the lady of the house doesn't pop another sprog while we're there, it might put me off me tay.

Comment

Was staying in quite an out-of-the-way place in Portugal around Eastertime and ended up eating here. It had a nice terrace so me and the kids wandered out and discovered that it adjoined a nursing home that seemed to cater for Ingerlish geriatrics.

So far, so normal until I noticed the plaque on the wall that stated 'opened by Sir Cliff Richard'

How the mighty have fallen.
                                                                                                                    They love him out there. He has a huge vineyard not far from Albufeira and a mansion next to it.
                                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

turn one of them off and back on again.
                                                                                                                      does anyone know if new ipods have bluetooth?

Comment

Originally posted by badugi View Post
                                                                                                                        turn one of them off and back on again.
                                                                                                                        does anyone know if new ipods have bluetooth?
                                                                                                                        ipod touch yes
                                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

that'll do. I'll call them tomorrow.

Hopefully the lady of the house doesn't pop another sprog while we're there, it might put me off me tay.
                                                                                                                          She's a nice girl who was carrying a bit of weight and working too hard. Working even harder now minding her child and running the business with her partner Billy. They take great care in sourcing the food that they use and by all accounts he's a very talented chef. She's an old school friend of Mrs V.
                                                                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X