This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also this:

This Video of Tom Waits Purporting to Be the Inspiration for Heath Ledger's Joker is Eerie as Hell

There’s no actual evidence, aside from the contents of the video itself, that this 1979 interview by Australian talk show host, Don Lane, with Tom Waits was actually the inspiration for Ledger’s The Dark Knight villain. But watch a few minutes of it, and drawing that conclusion is inescapable. It is freaky and almost unnerving how close Ledger’s character was to the mannerisms of Waits in this interview. It’s not out of the question, either: Ledger is Australian, and the two worked together on The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, a movie that didn’t film until after The Dark Knight but that had been in development previous to The Dark Knight.

Anyway, jump to the 1:30 mark, and you’ll see what I mean. The voice, the mannerisms, and style of walk: It’s freaky fantastic. It will blow the threads out of your socks.
    There's no actual evidence, aside from the contents of the video itself, that this 1979 interview by Australian talk show host, Don Lane, with Tom Waits was actually the inspiration for Ledger's The Dark Knight villain. But watch a few...
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Why does poker reward bad play, especially against me?
      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOB View Post
        Pretty sure my Mams cousins own this place
        Themadchef that posts in here is the chef there.

Comment

One that SP will like

Australian swimming legend and BBC analyst Ian Thorpe adds his view to the Ye Shiwen controversy: "How we should talk about it is that we should take away the nationality. If we had a athlete from Team GB who dropped three seconds we would say 'Wow'. I tood five seconds off my time in the 400m freestyle from 15-16. We have to remember young swimmers can take off chunks of time others can't. We should wait. This is what I don't like in sport, when people are successful people say it is because of drugs."

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
            My laptop the same last week, fan constantly on, taking an age for pages to open etc, i stuck the vaccum cleaner on the air vents and cleaned the dust from it, been like a new machine since then.
            do not do this with your standard hoover, or with the machine plugged in, or even with any major component attached to the motherboard.

Comment

Do Coral have an Irish site?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                minor crisis - was away in Achill on holidays last week and didn't get my fix of Gold Rush. Can anybody point me in the direction of last weeks episode from discovery? preferably in a stream/non download format? I think it is Se2 Ep12 or maybe ep14 - dont know really? TY TY
                you missed loads the 400 is fucked

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                  Why does poker reward bad play, especially against me?
                  It's karmic revenge for your love of Celtic F.C.
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    It's karmic revenge for your love of Celtic F.C.
                    karma can only be apportioned by the universe upon death.

Comment

Grainne Murphy has pulled out of her more favoured event the 800m freestyle, she clearly hadnt recovered fully from the virus she suffered a few weeks ago

Comment

Here is a little gift for you Zod to cheer you up a little after I crushed your will last night

They have more money than you and this is what they do. SUBMIT CONTACT
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

karma can only be apportioned by the universe upon death.
                          Supporting Celtic is a form of death

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                            It's got nothing to do with the calories in 14 lbs of fat/7000 calories a day.
                            It's pure water manipulation. 1 stone isn't that big a cut really, might be doable without cardio/sweatsuit even. I'd say its possible just by loading up on water a few days out, then cutting sodium, water and sticking to light meal the day or two before weigh-in.
                            Every single weight lifter in London would of done this for weigh-in.
                            Je sais, but none of that has anything to do with "moving to a healthier weight", which is what BK said it was part of.

If anything, it will only delay "moving to a healthier weight". It's an intermediate goal that has actual detrimental effects on the long term goal, and so is fairly ridiculous to get involved in imo!

If he wanted to do it with the idea of losing weight, then the water manipulation isn't relevant, it's the calories.

Comment

Supporting Celtic is a form of death
                              You've changed since you came back from Tayto Park. I can only assume it was like 'Nam.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                Here is a little gift for you Zod to cheer you up a little after I crushed your will last night

http://richkidsofinstagram.tumblr.com/
                                I'd hulk out, but to be honest I couldn't even turn into Bill Bixby.

Comment

do not do this with your standard hoover, or with the machine plugged in, or even with any major component attached to the motherboard.
                                  Suction was turned to the lowest and plugged out of course.
                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                    Suction was turned to the lowest and plugged out of course.
                                    still wouldn't with your standard hoover. Too much risk of static electric related motherboard frying.

Comment

You've changed since you came back from Tayto Park. I can only assume it was like 'Nam.
                                      more like nyom nyom

kids were disappointed not to meet the man himself

Comment

more like nyom nyom

kids were disappointed not to meet the man himself
                                        Mr. Tayto wasn't there? FFS.

you should have done a Strewelpeter at the ticket booth and demanded a refund.

Comment

still wouldn't with your standard hoover. Too much risk of static electric related motherboard frying.
                                          3 years old at this stage, worst case scenario...new laptop...
                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                            Stan, I don't want to offend you or put you off too much, but have you considered that maybe you just suck at this game? Genuinely not having a go, just wondering if you're wasting your time and effort that could be better placed elsewhere.
                                            but if i quit it decreases value for others which isn't fair..........

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                              Je sais, but none of that has anything to do with "moving to a healthier weight", which is what BK said it was part of.
                                              Oh yeah I wasn't suggesting it is related at all. I think
                                              I said pretty much that in the thread on boards. It's serves the prop bet that's all.

If anything, it will only delay "moving to a healthier weight". It's an intermediate goal that has actual detrimental effects on the long term goal, and so is fairly ridiculous to get involved in imo!
                                              What deterimental effects? It won't have any effect on the overall goal, bar delaying it for a few days. Prob not even a whole lot as the well should be a net deficit.

Comment

@mellor - got 5/1 getting there slowly but thursady could be tight

@Emmet This is seperate to losing weight as part of a healthy lifestyle this is just to win a bet and kickstart myself into action

Comment

GAA article #2, a review of the KK Limerick game

Comment

Ipod is frozen on the apple logo ! Is this not a common problem i think ive heard of it happening before. Dies anyone have a solution?
                                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                      Ipod is frozen on the apple logo ! Is this not a common problem i think ive heard of it happening before. Dies anyone have a solution?

Hold down the middle button and menu button at the same time for about 5 seconds and it should reset.

Comment

Sanita Purspure going in the QF of the rowing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                          Hold down the middle button and menu button at the same time for about 5 seconds and it should reset.
                                                          That's bad form!

@Tipp Don't do this it wipes all the Music from your iPod

Mods delete that post please

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                            Ger Houghs latest offering - The Ride

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chyaEaMWiQg
                                                            That's excellent. Is Ger the hairy one ?

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                              That's bad form!

it's a standard reset, Ciaran. It can wipe the device, but a device that isn't booting isn't necessarily any worse than a device that is booting but with no music on it.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                Sanita Purspure going in the QF of the rowing now.
                                                                Sunita Purspure finishes 4th in her QF, only top 3 go through to semi final. Brave row though, really went for it early on but the others in the race were just too strong

Comment

it's a standard reset, Ciaran. It can wipe the device, but a device that isn't booting isn't necessarily any worse than a device that is booting but with no music on it.
                                                                  Don't be at it. I am normally up for a bit of banter but do you not think getting a lad to wipe his entire Music collection is going a bit far?

Comment

Don't be at it. I am normally up for a bit of banter but do you not think getting a lad to wipe his entire Music collection is going a bit far?
                                                                    yes, I'm definitely at it, trying to get a device started up.

Look, apple are even at it in point 5
                                                                    If you experience any of the above issues, try the following steps:

Toggle the Hold switch. To do this, slide the switch to Hold (an orange bar appears) and then slide it back (orange bar is hidden).
                                                                    Reset the iPod by holding down the Menu and Center buttons for 10 seconds.
                                                                    If the Apple logo appears on the display, connect the iPod to a computer and verify that it appears in iTunes and can play music. If the iPod appears in iTunes and can play music, no further troubleshooting is needed.
                                                                    If the Apple logo does not appear or the iPod is not seen in iTunes, connect the iPod to a power source by either plugging it into an Apple iPod USB Power Adapter or directly into a computer's USB port.
                                                                    Let the iPod charge for at least 20 minutes. Note: If the iPod is connected to a computer, make sure the computer does not sleep, standby, or hibernate during the 20-minute charging period.
                                                                    After the iPod has charged for at least 20 minutes and while it is still connected to the power source, toggle the Hold switch again as in step 1.
                                                                    Try resetting the iPod by holding down the Menu and Center buttons for 10 seconds.
                                                                    If the Apple logo appears on the display, connect the iPod to a computer and verify that it appears in iTunes and can play music. If the iPod appears in iTunes and can play music, no further troubleshooting is needed.
                                                                    If the Apple logo does not appear or the iPod is not seen in iTunes, try putting the iPod into disk mode and restoring.

Comment

Clear round for Joseph Murphy!
                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Ah here i give up! Its not even my ipod il just say nothing!!
                                                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

That's bad form!

It doesn't wipe all the music. It's never wiped the music for me whenever I done it.

Comment

Tipp,

Smash it off the ground. It will play dead for 10 mins then work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                              It doesn't wipe all the music. It's never wiped the music for me whenever I done it.
                                                                              Back when I had apple products it was entirely standard. I presume it still is and Corbett is leveling?

Comment

Annalise Murphy leading at Mark 1 in 3rd race of the Laser.

gogogo

Comment

Really tilted over British commentators referring to Annalise Murphy as that Irish girl constantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                                                                                    Back when I had apple products it was entirely standard. I presume it still is and Corbett is leveling?
                                                                                    stupid thing to level about.

Comment

Going by Music King it'd probably be the best thing for most music collections here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                                                                                        I remember when he was good at it.

How the mighty have fallen.

Comment

Doesn't apple wipe and re synch your collection every time you plug them into a computer anyway

Comment

gogogo
                                                                                            Still leading at mark 2 and has increased her lead by 8 secs.

Comment

gogogo
                                                                                              I'll gladly accept a week of wind and rain if it means plenty of wind in Weymouth.
                                                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

gogogo
                                                                                                And in less then 15 knots - this bodes well for a medal of the golden type - bar gear failure
                                                                                                One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

Drive that boat gogogo

Am I doing it right?

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                    @mellor - got 5/1 getting there slowly but thursady could be tight

@Emmet This is seperate to losing weight as part of a healthy lifestyle this is just to win a bet and kickstart myself into action
                                                                                                    I thought as much. Purely a prop bet for the monies.
                                                                                                    5/1 is amazing odds for the task at hand wp.
                                                                                                    If you get the water loading right it should be a doddle.

When is the weigh-in?

Comment

Before I jump on the bandwagon, is there anyway she, or the boat, could later test positive for anything a la 1996 or 2004?

Comment

FYI there is Brazilian women playing beach volleyball atm

Comment

Germany scoop team equestrian gold, and the British wait for a gold medal at these games continues...

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
                                                                                                            Before I jump on the bandwagon, is there anyway she, or the boat, could later test positive for anything a la 1996 or 2004?
                                                                                                            Nah she's 22 and has been a contender since she was 16. Apparently she's pretty strong and tall but it's all hardwork and not over the top. Get on board.

Comment

an engine?

Comment

an engine?
                                                                                                                Is this the medal event atm? Final? Whatever it is called?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                                  No, 7 more races after this before the medal event

Comment

As long as she doesnt gambol on herself / opponent in the Bookies & the wind stays at +13knots, I'd put the mortgage on it judging by her form so far.
                                                                                                                    One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

You do the course ten times. You discard your worst round and then you have a final go at the course which is worth double points. The total combined score counts. Chalking up a few wins sets her up fantastically well.

Comment

11 races in a cumulative points system, with the 11th race counting double (an idea they probably got from Hanna Barbaras Wacky Races)

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                          Doesn't apple wipe and re synch your collection every time you plug them into a computer anyway
                                                                                                                          no, only changes.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X