X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
    BBV opinions required.

Had a super weekend having a party for my 4 year old son. Got a big bouncy castle in on Friday and they only collected it today, loads of his friends from play school on Sat for a big party cake etc had the weather all in all every thing went great. Loads of the kids turned up again yesterday because the bouncy castle was still there and more or less the same day yesterday.

My 2 kids thought it was the best weekend ever and here is where the problem lies...

I also have a 2 & half year old daughter and now all she wants is her party, but the problem is her birthday is early December. So we were thinking of moving her birthday celebrations to August until she was 10 or 11 years old.

Is there any good reason we should not do this?
    You throw an equally good party for her each December with her friends, McDonalds and bowling and the cinema or whatever.
    That way they get a summer party and a winter party, best of both worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
      I just think bubbleking has realised that he shouldn't care about his online image as much as he has been so now he's delibratatly provoking it to try and help him cope with the slaggings/abuse he gets better. It basically like getting over a fear by confronting it. Provides good entertainment.
      What's an 'online image'?

This is real life.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

BBV opinions required.

Had a super weekend having a party for my 4 year old son. Got a big bouncy castle in on Friday and they only collected it today, loads of his friends from play school on Sat for a big party cake etc had the weather all in all every thing went great. Loads of the kids turned up again yesterday because the bouncy castle was still there and more or less the same day yesterday.

My 2 kids thought it was the best weekend ever and here is where the problem lies...

I also have a 2 & half year old daughter and now all she wants is her party, but the problem is her birthday is early December. So we were thinking of moving her birthday celebrations to August until she was 10 or 11 years old.

Little girl has you wrapped around her finger already. This is basically like having two birthday's because there's no way your going to let her proper birthday in early December go without getting her some sort of present.
        Profit before people.

Comment

"Look we don't want to be reminded of when you were actually born so we are just going to have ap arty in August when our lives were happier without you." Job done.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
            Yes,her birthday is not until December.
            Thanks for that

Originally posted by Morihei View Post
            She might grow up thinking she's the queen.
            I have no problem with that

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
            You throw an equally good party for her each December with her friends, McDonalds and bowling and the cinema or whatever.
            That way they get a summer party and a winter party, best of both worlds.
            When you mention party in our house the first question in "will there be a bouncy castle?"
            twitter
            moneybookers

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
              What's an 'online image'?

This is real life.

It's when your a big deal on the internet.

Comment

BBV opinions required.

Yes,her birthday is not until December.
                This
                She might grow up thinking she's the queen.
                And this

Don't need a Bouncy Castle to have a great party and anyway spending all day on it gets a bit boring for the smarter kids who might want a bit of other sport or something different.

There will be plenty of Communions and other summertime Parties to fulfil all the bouncy castling they can get.
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Rasta, I'll vote on MK later this eve if that's ok, listening now but have to head out for a few hours.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                    Little girl has you wrapped around her finger already. This is basically like having two birthday's because there's no way your going to let her proper birthday in early December go without getting her some sort of present.
                    Agreed about her having me wrapped around her little finger but there is no point fighting that. I think when she gets older she will loose out anyway with the getting one present for birthday & Christmas...lots of people born in December get this.

"Look we don't want to be reminded of when you were actually born so we are just going to have ap arty in August when our lives were happier without you." Job done.
                    Maybe I touched on a raw nerve with you....I apologise for any distress caused.
                    twitter
                    moneybookers

Comment

Listening now it will be a couple of hours before I anoint Keane
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

YES!

She will learn that all dates are arbitrary

People should henceforth be referred to as 'marks'

and Greed

greed is

or she might just

grow up thinking she's the queen.
                        which is the default position of about 40% of Irish girls anyhu

so...
                        Last edited by Guest; 11-07-11, 12:11.

Comment

Anyone want an electronic cigarette? Well two of them really and a charger plus two cartridges.

Refills can only be bought in McCabe's pharmacy or online.

I've quit smoking today and the e-cigarette didn't really work for me the last time, they do work for others though.

I'll take an entry into the Euromillions syndicate for it as I'm a busto bbv degen right now.

Comment

It's when your a big deal on the internet.
                            That's me

Comment

Agreed about her having me wrapped around her little finger but there is no point fighting that. I think when she gets older she will loose out anyway with the getting one present for birthday & Christmas...lots of people born in December get this.
                              Why does it have to be a birthday to get a bouncy castle though? You can even invent a special 'kids day' in August every year and leave her birthday were it is.
                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                except when you have no-one to go out with and ride along with Dice?

Poor effort
                                Country folk go home at weekends and I had a mad craving for pints

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                ignoring the views of others is fine, but ignoring how you should view yourself is pretty terribad.

it's akin to "I'm an excellent poker player, huge winner", but "I've done my nuts on the roulette too many times to count".

At the end of the day these are all contributing factors to the bottom line, i.e who you are.

Stop the life leaks before they become drastic enough to affect you.
                                Im not sure what you mean how I should view myself? I view myself pretty highly. I think the people in my life who actually matter would also view me very highly whether that be professional, personal or sporting

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                Come out for a game on Thursday BK, I'll buy you a scoop.
                                off the booze for another 4 weeks because champo 1/4 final coming up

Wow man, that's pretty pathetic.

You've no problem mounting the moral high horse, but you can't handle being in it's gaze.

You obviously know sub-consciously that you are terribly in the wrong if you're resorting to ridiculous toys out of the pram insults.
                                I dont mind being in the gaze of the moral spotlight - people are welcome to come take shots if they want. If it makes people feel better to slaughter me as a revenge attack because I had a go at them for fucking a cat in an estate, claiming to win tickets they clearly hadnt or cheating on the missus then roll up roll up

BK: Unlucky man,you got The Big C.The big kahoona.Cancer.

Patient: Oh sweet Jesus.How long do I have?

BK:Well,lets just say I wouldnt go buying any green bananas.Lol.

Patient: *whimper*

BK: ha,got ya.Its just tonsilitis,go home and take an anadin.lol.
                                I take my professional life very seriously

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                  Why does it have to be a birthday to get a bouncy castle though? You can even invent a special 'kids day' in August every year.
                                  Your right of course and she will be at partys with bouncy castles from May to September often 3 in a month....the social life of a toddler can be pretty hectic. But there is a difference when its her birthday or her day...blowing out the candles/presents everybody singing to her etc. Its not the same when you just have a random party.
                                  twitter
                                  moneybookers

Comment

Maybe I touched on a raw nerve with you....I apologise for any distress caused.

Lol, my parents weren't retarded enough to switch my birthday so no.

Comment

Buy a bouncy castle, stick it up every good w/end over the summer works out cheaper in the long run then sell it in 2/3 years when the novelty wears off

Birthday in Dec? Take her to lapland . Simples

Comment

Catgate,Anglegate and now Bouncygate.When will the hits stop coming?
                                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

I think the changing of the birthday is a bit out there tbh, kids need to understand what is and isn't reasonable - moving your birthday so you can have a particular type of party isn't.

FWIW, my birthday is 20th December and we always had a blast at cinema/bowling/whatever.

Comment

the internet is serious business.

Serious.

Business.
                                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Your right of course and she will be at partys with bouncy castles from May to September often 3 in a month....the social life of a toddler can be pretty hectic. But there is a difference when its her birthday or her day...blowing out the candles/presents everybody singing to her etc. Its not the same when you just have a random party.
                                              You could just hire a local hall/community centre in december and set your BC up in there .

My birthday is dec 25th

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                                You could just hire a local hall/community centre in december and set your BC up in there .
                                                How did things finish up with your young lad and the boxing Damo?

Comment

Lol, my parents weren't retarded enough to switch my birthday so no.
                                                  I really don't care how retarded your parents were, and to be honest you were probably not equipped with the necessary experience to make a proper diagnosis of their level of retardedness as a child, so I guess we'll never really know.
                                                  twitter
                                                  moneybookers

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post

My birthday is dec 25th
                                                    This idea did come up last night and is what we will probably do as there is a suitable hall within walking distance of our house.
                                                    twitter
                                                    moneybookers

Comment

doubt a local hall will allow a bouncy castle into it because of the insurance. if you have one in your garden it's on your own home insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                        Im not sure what you mean how I should view myself? I view myself pretty highly. I think the people in my life who actually matter would also view me very highly whether that be professional, personal or sporting
                                                        Precisely.

Same delusionality as the "Excellent gambler" who spunks it off at a different game.

View yourself highly yet go for the lowest of the low angle-shooting.

Comment

BK, how would your GAA team mates feel if you took a dive to get someone sent off?

Comment

Tell her a monster lives in the bouncy castle after July.
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

I really don't care how retarded your parents were, and to be honest you were probably not equipped with the necessary experience to make a proper diagnosis of their level of retardedness as a child, so I guess we'll never really know.

I can as a adult though. I'd have a serious think about it before just switching her birhday. Do you really think at 10 or 11 she will be happy switch back to December? She'll have spend the last 8 years or so having great bouncey castles birthday in August and suddenly you will be putting a stop them, I can't see that going down well. What are Grandparents/Godparents/Aunts/Unlces meant to do? Buy her presents in August and then ignore her actually birthday in December? That's a tough spot on them and I'd say most would feel bad for not giving her something in December.

Comment

Chris I also think it's a bad idea. You're never going to be able to change it back, because birthdays are as important to teenagers as they are to toddlers and you won't be able to inflict a 16 month wait between two. Plus she and all her friends will grow to assume she was born in August, thus you will effectively be making your daughter 4 months older than she really is.

Then there's the confusion she will cause trying to explain stuff in later life.

I wouldn't do it if I were you.
                                                                Last edited by Lazare; 11-07-11, 12:33.

Comment

Chris, when you have a McDonalds/Bowling/Cinema/RollerBlading indoor party for her in December the youngfella will be asking for his party to be moved from July to January because he doesn't want a boring old bouncy castle.

Kids are fickle.

Comment

Will she even remember the castle in december?

Comment

Good luck giving up the smoking Lazare.I'm off them now myself for four weeks, its my second attempt ever and lasted six months the last effort lasted six months.Tough going but determined to succeed this time.

Comment

Don't change her birthday, just start an annual family party instead.

Nobody is the obvious beneficiary of this party, but you can all enjoy it.

The more family gatherings in good form the better imo.

Comment

Beckhams have named their daughter 'Harper Seven'.

Comment

I can as a adult though. I'd have a serious think about it before just switching her birhday. Do you really think at 10 or 11 she will be happy switch back to December? She'll have spend the last 8 years or so having great bouncey castles birthday in August and suddenly you will be putting a stop them, I can't see that going down well. What are Grandparents/Godparents/Aunts/Unlces meant to do? Buy her presents in August and then ignore her actually birthday in December? That's a tough spot on them and I'd say most would feel bad for not giving her something in December.
                                                                            we are both from a small family's so the giving of presents in August and not giving in Dec would be easy for us. When she gets to 8 or 9 and we deliver the good news we have loads of options as to how we celebrate her birthday.
                                                                            We just tell her the truth....we always celebrated your birthday in August because we thought you'd have a better time but now your old enough to decide yourself.
                                                                            twitter
                                                                            moneybookers

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                              This is the best post of the lot (obv apart from my "you should do it and turn her into a financial god" post)

Come her actual birthday you WILL get the "so what have you done for me lately" bit

&
                                                                              "That was my summer birthday"

bad juju!

Comment

Zod,
                                                                                You know what I meant.

Ballymorechris. Have a 'it's not even my birthday' birthday party. Give the kid a day in August life's too short (especially childhood). Feckin unfair on kiddies to have a birthday at Christmas time. When she grows up she can make August hints for a 2nd birthday present. Then you can do a deal based on chipcount. Rules smules.

Comment

Sometimes kids need to be told 'no' imo
                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Chris I also think it's a bad idea. You're never going to be able to change it back, because birthdays are as important to teenagers as they are to toddlers and you won't be able to inflict a 16 month wait between two. Plus she and all her friends will grow to assume she was born in August, thus you will effectively be making your daughter 4 months older than she really is.

Then there's the confusion she will cause trying to explain stuff in later life.

I wouldn't do it if I were you.
                                                                                    your probably right!!

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                    Chris, when you have a McDonalds/Bowling/Cinema/RollerBlading indoor party for her in December the youngfella will be asking for his party to be moved from July to January because he doesn't want a boring old bouncy castle.

Kids are fickle.
                                                                                    I'd say we at least a few years from not wanting a bouncy castle at parties

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                    I think she will.

Don't change her birthday, just start an annual family party instead.

Nobody is the obvious beneficiary of this party, but you can all enjoy it.

The more family gatherings in good form the better imo.
                                                                                    We would end up just not doing it then....I think.
                                                                                    twitter
                                                                                    moneybookers

Comment

Sometimes kids need to be told 'no' imo
                                                                                      So do husbands, how many have you got now?

Comment

Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
                                                                                        Good luck giving up the smoking Lazare.I'm off them now myself for four weeks, its my second attempt ever and lasted six months the last effort lasted six months.Tough going but determined to succeed this time.
                                                                                        Cheers Kieran, well done yourself.

A serious life change needed this end tbh, cutting right back on drinking too.

We're trying to have a baby, smoking and drinking does not a pro-creator make.

My mind was made up to start today last Friday. I witnessed a man about late fifties coughing his guts up and doubled over from smoking, bleary red eyed from drinking and I thought, fuck that, I don't want to end up like that.

Hopefully I can do it this time, the first couple of weeks is the easiest, get's tough after that, when the steely determination wears off a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                          So do husbands, how many have you got now?
                                                                                          how many husbands?

I have 3 kids, the real reason is because a nasty big boy accused me of being a ghey once on the internet and I decided to prove him wrong.

Comment

Precisely.

Same delusionality as the "Excellent gambler" who spunks it off at a different game.

View yourself highly yet go for the lowest of the low angle-shooting.
                                                                                            At a poker table. Its all in the game yo

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                            BK, how would your GAA team mates feel if you took a dive to get someone sent off?
                                                                                            I get a bollocking after our first champo match for doing the opposite. Player gets a yellow card for constantly fouling me. Ref tells him hes on his last chance. Manager tells me to run straight at him the next time. Of course defender creases me but I spring straight up and get on with it. Player doesnt get sent off. Id never stay down to get a player sent off

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                              How did things finish up with your young lad and the boxing Damo?
                                                                                              He has kept training religously but sadly is not allowed to fight . He will be allowed to make up his own mind when he is 18 wether to fight or not but id prefare that he didn't .
                                                                                              He has started back at his soccer training which i am pleased about as he is gifted with a ball anyway , he has qualified with the NEC every year without breaking a sweat so hopefully he will concentrate more on the soccer and let the boxing slide.

Comment

We're trying to have a baby, smoking and drinking does not a pro-creator make.
                                                                                                whatever about one, I'd be pretty sure the other can be quite helpful

Comment

I get a bollocking after our first champo match for doing the opposite. Player gets a yellow card for constantly fouling me. Ref tells him hes on his last chance. Manager tells me to run straight at him the next time. Of course defender creases me but I spring straight up and get on with it. Player doesnt get sent off. Id never stay down to get a player sent off

Just wondering what's the difference between the two games that you have such a contrasting point of view?

Comment

Cheers Kieran, well done yourself.

A serious life change needed this end tbh, cutting right back on drinking too.

What about the green stuff? Most of my mates just smoke pure now, I think it's worse then mixing...
                                                                                                    Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Just wondering what's the difference between the two games that you have such a contrasting point of view?
                                                                                                      I suppose it come down to the fact that I have respect for football players? I certainly dont disrepect ALL poker players or respect ALL football players but in general that would be the rule.

Comment

Your lack of common sense towards this angle shoot your tried to pull off is a little shocking to me Tony.

I honestly thought that you weren't the kind of guy who would try and pull something like this off as to me you seem like a decent bloke but your nonchalant attitude towards this is horrible.

You seem to what to learn and progress and enjoy your game and always seem to be digging for info and talking through/about hands etc so to see this other side of your game is disappointing.

Its defo not all in the game yo!
                                                                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Lol place has gone mad.
                                                                                                          Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                          I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                          None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

whatever about one, I'd be pretty sure the other can be quite helpful
                                                                                                            Yeah, but only for 'accidental' procreation, ie Sat night after Coppers procreation.

Actively trying = coitus copiosus, no dutch courage needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                              Tiger Woods has booked the world’s media to make a “special announcement” later today. He has already pulled out of the Open so I wonder what this will be? I hope he's not going to enter the Irish presidential race.
                                                                                                              Should be interesting. RIP C-Kid if Tigerrrrr retires.
                                                                                                              Where did you read this?

Comment

Anyone interested in a $10 competition alongside this?

EDIT: It's a fantasy trading competition (free to enter) with an iPad as a prize.
                                                                                                                Last edited by Emmet; 11-07-11, 13:05.

Comment

Kayroo is right

Bubbleking is wrong

BallymoreChris is wrong

Raoul Duke III is right

Now let's move swiftly along. With Italy having joined us on the slippery slope I think it's time to brush up on my German
                                                                                                                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                                                    Kayroo is right

Raoul Duke III is right
                                                                                                                    thus endeth the first commandment

Comment

BBV is shite today.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                                        Where did you read this?
                                                                                                                        "Tiger Woods, whose lingering injuries have caused him to miss the U.S. Open and to withdraw from the upcoming British Open, is sitting down with The Golf Channel’s Kelly Tilghman to discuss an undisclosed subject at 11 a.m. today. Is he retiring? Highly unlikely. So why is he calling a pseudo press conference? We already know he’s not playing in the British Open due to injuries, so drawing people together for the added, unnecessary measure of repeating the same news seems oddly LeBronthian."

From mediabistro.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                                                                          Lol place has gone mad.
                                                                                                                          It was nice while it lasted.
                                                                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X